[DRAFT] Repeal "Rights Of The Quarantined"

wicheye

TNPer
Repeal "Rights Of The Quarantined"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.
Category: Repeal
Resolution: GA#389
Proposed by: wicheye
Description: General Assembly Resolution #389 "Rights Of The Quarantined" (Category: Health; Area of Effect: Healthcare) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly,

Understanding that quarantines can cause many issues due to individual needs conflicting with society needs;

Acknowledging that the resolution implements numerous measures that tackle some of these issues and improves the standards of the quarantines;

Regretting that GA#389 fails to tackle a significant number of issues involving enforcement within a quarantine;

Distraught that the resolution does not put a limit on force allowed against possible escapes;

Unsettled by the requirement to move all "ceased to be infected" people outside of the quarantine, forgetting the action of possible after effect contagion;

Concerned by the resolution's requirement to move all infected people to the nearest quarantine zone, causing unsettling difficulties with a possible long-distance displacement;

Hoping to clear the hastiness of the resolution from these halls and pass a new resolution that fills the gaping holes GA#389 created;

Hereby repeals " Rights Of The Quarantined ".
Description: General Assembly Resolution #389 "Rights Of The Quarantined" (Category: Health; Area of Effect: Healthcare) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly,

Understanding that quarantines can cause many issues due to individual needs conflicting with society needs;

Acknowledging that the resolution implements numerous measures which tackles some of these issues and improves the standards of the quarantines;

Regretting that 389 GA fails to tackle a significant number of issues involving enforcement within a quarantine;

Concerned that the resolution does not put a limit on force allowed against possible escapes;

Distraught by the requirement to move all "ceased to be infected" people outside of the quarantine, forgetting the action of possible after effect contagion;

Unsettled by the resolution's requirement to move all infected people to the nearest quarantine zone, causing unsettling problematics with a possible long-distance displacement;

Hoping to clear the hastiness of the resolution from these halls and pass a new resolution that fills the gaping holes 389 GA created;

Praetor:
Looks good to me from my position. I'm no expert on the General Assembly though.
I'm no professional as well, but I'm keeping this for a bit to see more input from people in case there needs to be changements

The World Assembly,

Understanding that quarantines can cause many issues due to individual needs conflicting with societyal needs;

Acknowledging that the resolution implements numerous measures which tackles some of these issues and improves the standards of the quarantines;

Regretting that 389 GA fails to tackle a significant number of issues involving enforcement within a quarantine;

Concerned Distraught that the resolution does not put a limit on force allowed against possible escapes; [Use a bigger verb than 'Concerned'. This part is ugly.]

Distraught Unsettled by the requirement to move all "ceased to be infected" people outside of the quarantine, forgetting the action of possible after effect contagion;

Unsettled [You already have 'unsettling' in the clause, don't use this verb. Maybe 'Concerned' since you're not using it above any more?] by the resolution's requirement to move all infected people to the nearest quarantine zone, causing unsettling problematics ['problematics' is a strange term in this spot. 'circumstances' or 'difficulties' maybe?] with a possible long-distance displacement;

Hoping to clear the hastiness of the resolution from these halls and pass a new resolution that fills the gaping holes 389 GA [I'm not sure if it should be called 'GA#389' or '389 GA', but pick one and stick with it.] created;

Darcness:
[I'm not sure if it should be called 'GA#389' or '389 GA', but pick one and stick with it.]
Likely the former (GA#389), since that's how the game itself formats it.

Darcness:
Concerned Distraught that the resolution does not put a limit on force allowed against possible escapes; [Use a bigger verb than 'Concerned'. This part is ugly.]
Ok. I will change the "concerned" to distraught.
And do you mean this whole sentence is ugly, or just the verb used? Because I mean it this way: like distraught by the lack of information on what appropriate force against escapees is.
Kind of like this: Distraught by the lack of information on what is within the limit of appropriate force against escapees.

I also did change some other stuff you mentioned.

wicheye:
Darcness:
And do you mean this whole sentence is ugly, or just the verb used? Because I mean it this way: like distraught by the lack of information on what appropriate force against escapees is.
Kind of like this: Distraught by the lack of information on what is within the limit of appropriate force against escapees.

What I meant is that the idea of unrestrained violence against escapees is a scary one, so we should use something drastic than 'concerned'. Changing the verb at the beginning was all I was looking for. :)

Darcness:
wicheye:
Darcness:

What I meant is that the idea of unrestrained violence against escapees is a scary one, so we should use something drastic than 'concerned'. Changing the verb at the beginning was all I was looking for. :)
ok!

But which one do you prefer? The sentence already drafted or the one I replied you with?

Acknowledging that the resolution implements numerous measures which tackles that tackle some of these issues and improves the standards of the quarantines;

As far as I know, GA#389 is the correct nomenclature, but you should verify that.

My overarching issue with the repeal is that it attackes the resolution for not going far enough, but from a cursory look, I don't think that the resolution is a 'blocker' - nothing stops you from proposing a new resolution that further regulates quarantines.

I feel like GA resolutions and repeals should be devoid of emotion. Having words like "distraught," "regretting," and "unsettled" starting out the points shouldn't be in an official act. That's one thing that puts me off about most acts, and leads me to vote against them. Not all WA nations would feel the same way, too, so I don't think emotional words like "concerned" should be in this. You should have more of a factual and professional tone for a successful WA act.

Guy:
Acknowledging that the resolution implements numerous measures which tackles that tackle some of these issues and improves the standards of the quarantines;

As far as I know, GA#389 is the correct nomenclature, but you should verify that.

My overarching issue with the repeal is that it attackes the resolution for not going far enough, but from a cursory look, I don't think that the resolution is a 'blocker' - nothing stops you from proposing a new resolution that further regulates quarantines.
Yes, so i changed that part.

And about the resolution, I will be drafting a new one soon. I am thinking that most of it will be the same like the old one but with improved and added points. But I also think it is hard to keep the old resolution and pass a new one without repealing it in my opinion

Servos:
I feel like GA resolutions and repeals should be devoid of emotion. Having words like "distraught," "regretting," and "unsettled" starting out the points shouldn't be in an official act. That's one thing that puts me off about most acts, and leads me to vote against them. Not all WA nations would feel the same way, too, so I don't think emotional words like "concerned" should be in this. You should have more of a factual and professional tone for a successful WA act.
I don't know how to say this, but these are the verbs that should be used in a GA repeal especially. But i do understand your point of view

Back