Yavneh Roya

After a minute of friendly banter about Iraelia and Thenaca in general, David and Albert took the transportation over to their primary destination - that is, the Beit Aghion.

They arrived a bit later, to find a major voice in Iraelian politics - Miss Taneli Gadi, leader of the local Liberal Party, already holding the attention of two major heads of royalty.
So the rumors were true about her charm... David thought to himself.
"See someone you'd like to connect with soon, David?" Albert privately mentioned to him, not sure as to who David was eying.
"Soon enough, we're in no hurry." David replied, before eventually turning his attention to the foreign colleagues currently closest to them: The Sil Dorsettian attendees. He took a seat next to them, Albert following in turn.
"Enjoying yourselves I see?" David asked with a chuckle, poking fun at their ability to enjoy what's supposed to be a time of festivities and celebration.
But at the same time he silently sympathized with the fact that a public servant must always put national affairs first, personal pursuits second. He was simply trying to make a friendly introduction.

Gerard and Adeline pulled their heads out of their dossiers to acknowledge the Thenacan party. Eager to prove her competence, Adeline addressed the pair first.

"Ah, Mister Drake! And Mister... Langley! We were just catching up on some documentation," she said, greeting the Prime Minister and the other minister with a bit of hesitation as the foreign relations minister's name nearly slipped away from her memory.

"I see you actually paid attention to the dossier I handed you on the plane," Gérard said, cutting in to show attention to Ms. Wood's efforts. "My apologies, Mister Drake, I hope you don't mind if I use this moment as an educational opportunity."

Adeline had it easy during her time as Ambassador to Nessuno. The job wasn't interesting, and there was no demand from her superior at the time to stay up to date on all of the Principality's diplomatic missions. That would all change after Minister Bowers fired the last deputy minister and appointed Mr. Carpentier in their place.

"Now, do you remember the last time our two nations attended the same event?" Gérard asked.

"Uhhh..." Adeline mumbled as her memory was catching up slowly. "Grace the second's funeral, if I'm not mistaken."

"And do you remember who from our side was in attendance?" Gerard queried.

Adeline shook her head in the negative, having no knowledge of the event and its participants. Gérard chuckled a little and continued on with the lesson.

"I can see the last deputy took it easy on you. You need to stay up to date on the schedules of all the important members of the government. There is a reason that Miss Ellison and Her Highness have their calendars shared on the government intranet."

Adeline's obliviousness was caught, but she took it in stride and even smiled a little bit. Gérard only laughed before again apologizing to the Thenacan delegation and thanking them for allowing him the time to teach Adeline his expectations.

"Anyways, we're just waiting for the Prime Minister to show," Gerard said to David. "Ms. Gadi seems occupied and we chose not to be an interruption. We'll have our time to talk eventually. So, did you have a chance to talk to Her Highness in Kanada? How did that go? She has a lot to learn herself about mixing it up with other leaders. In a good way, mind you."

Alwyn entered flanked by his four children. He gave a cursory glance around the room, quickly noticing who was in attendance, even recognizing a few faces. He told his children to spread out and mingle, meet with the dignitaries and leaders, as he'd be expecting them to be able to answer a few questions about some of the guests on their return home. This would be his way of teaching them about foreign relations. They dutifully complied and headed out to introduce themselves. In the mean time Alwyn sought out the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Agastya Yamesh.

'Minister Yamesh,' Alwyn greeted him. 'I had hoped to catch you for a moment. It was a wonderful trip over here. Your country is quite beautiful. Its always nice for a chance for my children to get away from the home country and see the world.' Alwyn took a moment to snatch a drink from a passing tray and take a sip. 'Do you have any children of your own?'

Taneli's cold, trained barriers melted away as Marten continued on. This event is a celebration, you can have fun, she told herself. Before she had a chance to continue the banter about liquor, Queen Grace of Kanada and her cousin Johann. She smiled as they introduced themselves and shook their hands.

"Ms. Gadi," she said in reply to their greetings, "I am the Leader of the Opposition." It was after her introduction that she noticed the rather large bump in the Kanadian Queen's stomach as Marten mentioned the fourth member of the royal family. "Oh my!" She exclaimed, "I could never come so far away from home this far into pregnancy, you are a brave women! How far along are you?" She asked.

Yamesh and Feldshuh entered the building after the foreign dignitaries, surveying the room for a potential conversation. As they had done this, Feldshuh noticed the Dorsettian delegation intently reading through their dossiers and speaking with the Thenacan delegation. He turned his head and smiled at Yamesh.

"Two birds with one stone," he stated with a smirk. The pair made their way across the room when Yamesh was interrupted by Alwyn Skywing.

"Minister Yamesh," Alwyn greeted him. "I had hoped to catch you for a moment. It was a wonderful trip over here. Your country is quite beautiful. Its always nice for a chance for my children to get away from the home country and see the world." Alwyn took a moment to snatch a drink from a passing tray and take a sip. "Do you have any children of your own?"

Yamesh glanced worriedly at Feldshuh, but was reassured by the Prime Minister's casual smile and nod. Yamesh then devoted his attentions to Alwyn. "Yes the country is quite beautiful," he said, "I always enjoy visiting Mt. Shaddai and the Red Basin. But to answer your question, no, I don't have any children yet. I am married though..." He trailed off smiling fondly at his wedding ring. "So I here you are a fan of art, what styles do you prefer?"

Feldshuh made his way to the Dorsettian officials and the Thenacan delegation as Yamesh was off with Skywing. It's for the best he talks to Alwyn, the HL is one of our few friends in the TC and we need every vote we can get. Before long, he was standing before the whole lot of diplomats and foreign leaders.

"Mr. Carpentier, Ms. Wood!" He said greeting the Silien's once more. He turned to the Thenacans next, "And of course Mr. Drake and Mr. Langley!" He saw them chuckle as he had walked over. "Oh I do hope I haven't missed something humorous, I always enjoy a good laugh," he said.

Iraelia:
Yamesh glanced worriedly at Feldshuh, but was reassured by the Prime Minister's casual smile and nod. Yamesh then devoted his attentions to Alwyn. "Yes the country is quite beautiful," he said, "I always enjoy visiting Mt. Shaddai and the Red Basin. But to answer your question, no, I don't have any children yet. I am married though..." He trailed off smiling fondly at his wedding ring. "So I here you are a fan of art, what styles do you prefer?"
Taking another sip, Alwyn made his reply. 'I paint portraitures but mostly landscapes. Aernavaegn is a beautiful place for landscapes. And the view of the lakes from my house in Idjo is to die for.

'Sadly these days I don't have the time needed to spend painting.' He feigned a look of dejected remorse. 'My duties have tripled since the formation of the Hastfradic League. I'm currently serving as Minister of Foreign Affairs for Esplandia and the League until we get this new government sorted out.'

'The work will be worth it in time. The mixing of our separate economies has already began to create a surplus in raw goods. The League is already looking to expand our exports into new markets. We're looking to become less reliant on northern markets for information technology. The northern chokehold on the global market is something the HL isn't willing to accept.' He paused for a second, gauging the reaction of the Iraelian Minister. 'I'm sure this is something your nation agrees with us on?'

Yamesh smiled slyly, this is exactly what he had wanted.

"Why of course I agree with you, Mr. Skywing, and soon their chokehold will come to a close," he continued, "our government's free market policies have driven down prices for Iraelian goods on the international market, making us the most competitive we have been in decades!" Yamesh decided to cut to the chase, "Iraelia has a thriving Information Technology sector, New Age Tech has jumped to the forefront of the world in the industry, and trade with your nation has been a large contributor. I think it would be in everyone's best interest for us to further this relationship, agreed?"

David was thoughtfully looking away from the Dorsettians, his mind briefly lost in remembering the events of that funeral (and subsequent coronation), when a familiar voice called out their names. David and Albert both turned around to address the host of this international party. But when David didn't have a prompt reply ready, Albert covered for him.

"Then you'll be pleased to know that we haven't even begun, Mr. Feldshuh. Due to Ol' Davy's sometimes slow memory." Albert was poking fun at one of the few weaknesses David indeed had.

"Johnny, just give me a minute or two, it'll come back to me. Alright?" David shot back. It was as if they were two old highschool buddies.

Albert smiled and shook his head at the use of his middle name around others who didn't know of that inside joke. Turning to the others to explain, "It's my middle name, in case any of you didn't find out what the J in my name meant."

David used the limited distraction to come up with a full reply to Mr. Carpentier and Ms. Wood (at which David had to suppress a chuckle upon realizing how funny their last names looked together, considering how they just acted together).
"As I was going to say... I did have a short unofficial meeting with Miss Cla- ah, Her Highness. During which my sister 'hijacked' that short meeting to begin a long conversation on a variety of casual and non-casual topics. I believe they became good acquaintances afterwards, maybe even friends."

Iraelia:
TO THE NATIONS OF ERAS:

The people of Iraelia, and their duly elected representatives, hereby invite the leaders of Eras to celebrate Yavneh Roya (Unification Day) with the government of Iraelia. The day, which falls on June 12, is meant to celebrate the unification of the Old Kingdom of Iraelia millennia ago and the independence of Iraelia from the Syrixian Empire just 68 years ago. The event is of special importance to the Iraelian people, and it would be an honor to play host to the most important people in all of Eras. It is requested that those wishing to attend fill out the following invitation:

Yaneh Roya Invitation:
Nation:
The number of officials attending:
Names of officials attending:
Other Personnel in attendance:
Total Attendance (officials and other personnel):

Iraelia would like to extend a special invitation to Rajesh III, the Emperor of Syrixia, as a show of gratitude for all the empire has done for the Iraelian people, and it's neighbors of Skanda and Plembobria. We request you respond within the next 5 days if you wish to attend.

Sincerely,

D404CFE481C999B4E4BBB9B34837EC5D.png

Prime Minister of Iraelia
Keep in mind, I am using a Kindle Paperwhite to fill this in. Give me a while to fill this in.

Nation: The Federal Republic of Malayan Singapura
The number of officials attending: 2
Name of officials attending: Justin Wong (President), Jayson Wong (Prime Minister)
Other Personnel in attendance: 102 (100 personnel dedicated to protecting the officials and two unnamed Security General and Secretary General)
Total Attendance (officials and other personnel): 104

Iraelia:
Yamesh smiled slyly, this is exactly what he had wanted.

"Why of course I agree with you, Mr. Skywing, and soon their chokehold will come to a close," he continued, "our government's free market policies have driven down prices for Iraelian goods on the international market, making us the most competitive we have been in decades!" Yamesh decided to cut to the chase, "Iraelia has a thriving Information Technology sector, New Age Tech has jumped to the forefront of the world in the industry, and trade with your nation has been a large contributor. I think it would be in everyone's best interest for us to further this relationship, agreed?"
"Perhaps in the coming weeks we can set up a meeting to discuss the details. You would be welcome in Esplandia. I hear your a bit of a gun enthusiast. I'm a marksmen myself. Hunting is a pastime I enjoy. Perhaps we could find the time to compare our skills on the range."

Ever attentive and vigilant, Gerard picked up on David's small slip. "Ah, I see she's gotten to you with her demands for casual address."

The fact that David had nearly said "Miss Claidie" worried Gerard, as to him it seemed as though other leaders were now starting to buy into the princess's mentality of "monarchy in name only" rather than the strong, decisive monarchy that preceded the beginning of her reign.

"If I were to guess," Gerard continued, expressing his chief concern, "I think it's only a matter of time before she tries to dismantle the whole royal system. We've done fine for ourselves with it in place; I see no reason to change it."

Turning towards Feldshuh, Gerard dragged him into the conversation. "Enjoying our discussion about the Princess's antics, Mister Prime Minister? Or did you manage to catch the lesson I gave to the Ambassador?"

Grace smiled politely at Miss Gadi, "A little over three months, so not too far along. It's really strange, but my pregnancy shouldn't be the main attraction here, more so to strengthen relations here." A small flustered look came on her face, "Speaking of foriegn affairs, I'm still getting used to all this political business. I say the parliament are pretty incompetent, but they're running the country much more than I am."
Johann glanced at Grace, "I'm not even that interested in politics, I was probably one of the worst choices for you to drag here." He grinned slightly, and Grace waved him off, and she formulated a question, "Miss Gadi, how long have you been in your current party?"

Mr. Yamesh smiled, his love of firearms wasn't common knowledge, Skywing had done his homework.

"Of course, I would love to open talks towards a trade deal as soon as possible. You'll have to forgive me if we go hunting, though, I am a bit rusty as the Knesset has kept me from attending to my past times," Yamesh responded.

Feldshuh smiled at the Deputy Minister as he asked his question.

"I'm afraid I was not able to catch the lesson you gave Ms. Wood, but I am interested in discussion regarding the princess. She has quite the following here in Iraelia, especially among the youth. Democratic fervor can be strong among the young," Feldshuh informed the Deputy Minister, "Pray tell, what do you think of the princess, Mr. Carpentier? Ms. Wood?"

Ms. Gadi was taken aback by the Kanadian Queen's serious demeanor, but continued through the discussion nevertheless.

"I have been a member of my party ever since I was old enough to vote in Knesset elections," she said, fondly remembering her youth, "Of course, I was only ever elected from the Liberal Party list since 2005... Come to think of it, Yamesh and I were both elected in the same year," she chuckled a little to herself, "How long have you been Queen of Kanada?"

Adeline was quick to respond to the Prime Minister's question, being a bit younger than most ambassadors and enthusiastic about the Princess's agenda. "Well, she's relaxed, innovative, progressive, in touch with the millennial crowd..."

"Disruptive," Gérard chimed in, interrupting his subordinate. "Everything she has done has been in direct opposition to the traditions laid down throughout our history. She needs a counterweight to balance her ideas with the reality of what has been proven to work, honestly."

While Gérard was rattling off the conservative and nobility-favoring agenda, Adeline sat back, negatively shaking her head to try to indicate to the Prime Minister her displeasure with Gérard's ideals.

"Anyways, politics aside, I look forward to tonight's festivities and what you have to offer this evening," Gérard said, as if to hastily close the conversation out.

Mr. Feldshuh immediately regretted bringing up the topic, as it was clear he had struck a political nerve. As Mr. Carpentier rattled on about tradition, he noticed Ms. Wood shaking her head slowly in disapproval. When the ranting had stopped, Feldshuh looked for a way out of the conversation. At the corner of the room he spotted his old friend, Martinus.

He turned to the Dorsettian dignitaries and said, "I look forward to the festivities as well, now if you don't mind, I have an old friend to greet." Feldshuh grabbed a bottle of Arak and water as he made his way across the room. Once he drew near him he pat his old friend on the back, laid out the Arak, and turned to him to say, "What are two old farts like us doing here?"

Sven was.. not the most sociable person. He was very business-orientated, wanting to get the job done and go home. There was no job in this case, which meant that Sven was quiet, people watching in the corner. The taller man pushed his glasses up, sighing and heading towards the drink table. At least they had drinks. A good variety of them too. He poured himself a short glass of one of the high quality sväkas, taking a small sip from it afterwards. He mumbled something in Andrennian before looking around the room. Sven guessed that he would just wait until the meal, and if anyone talked to him it would be nice, but he didn't need anyone to do so. He leaned against the drinks table, taking another sip from his glass of sväka.

Though David did not know much about Sil Dorsettian politics, it was clear that opinions were... clashing, over the changes.

"I'm sure Her Highness is only doing her best to take care of all her people."

Assuming that continuing this tangent might trigger Mr. Carpentier somehow, he made preparations to leave. "It's been an enlightening time meeting you both." David stated, getting up. "May we meet again later." Turning to Mr. Carpentier and nodding respectfully. "Minister Carpentier." And the same to Ms. Wood. "Ambassador Wood."

Albert followed and quickly said his goodbyes too.

"Well, that was... okay." He quietly remarked to David.

"There will always be people like Mr. Carpentier in this world. But like him and Ms. Wood, it's our job to build friendships and alliances with whatever common ground we can find." David replied, reminding Albert that conflicts of opinion are not what they're there for.

"True, true... But maybe the mood will be lighter once the real party started." Albert added, chuckling.

"I hope you're correct too, my friend." David replied. He scanned the room to see who else might be free to converse with, when he spotted the Andrennian MoFA. "How about we visit one of your lonelier coworkers?" David motioned over to Sven. Albert nodded in agreement, and the two made their way to the drink table that Sven was waiting at.

While David was busy critiquing the whiskey that they had, Albert started the introductions- "Hello there, fellow soldier of international diplomacy. You look bored to tears." -beginning with a smile and a joke, of course.

Martinus was still there standing in the outskirts of the crowd observing everyone there. He saw more run of the mill people from Sil Dorsett which he thought to himself that if they conducted diplomacy like their Speaker then how could they even participate on the International Stage. As he looked around more he saw that man from Andrenne that for some reason reminded him of one of those vampires from Arrandal. The way he avoided talking to others and how he was by himself away from everyone. He saw the man from Esplandia which amused him as he had a similar name as his great grandfather. Martinus was actually surprised by him. The way he talked and introduced himself and how he was kind and outgoing, Martinus could tell this man was a good politician and a very convincing one. He was a Severyn in everything but name.

As he was gawking though he saw his old friend Feldshuh start walking over to him and in for what seemed like an eternity Martinus actually smiled. To most people in Maloria him smiling was hardly ever to be seen or heard and would’ve shocked the masses. So he stood there and looked over at his friend as he finally made his way over to him.

“What are two old farts like us doing here?” Feldshuh said

With a grin Martinus replied as he grabbed the bottle of water from Feldshuh’s hand. “Well this old fart is trying to not turn into a rack of bones” he said as he then took a drink. “I am glad that even after all of these years you still remembered that I don’t like drinking that horse piss” Martinus said with a laugh.

Feldshuh poured the Arak into a shot glass and mixed it with some water. Arak is nigh poisonous when taken straight.

"Well this old fart is trying to not turn into a rack of bones. I am glad that even after all of these years you still remembered that I don’t like drinking that horse piss,” Martinus said with a laugh. Feldshuh laughed as well.

"What's the matter? The Emperor of Thorns is afraid a harmless bottle of alcohol?" Feldshuh said while downing the shot. He visibly recoiled as the Arak slid down his throat, the alcohol burning his esophagus. He did not dilute the Arak as much as he should have. "Point taken," he said as he recovered from his drink. He then promptly poured straight Arak into his glass, downing that as well. "Well can't do much worse than Shaddai has already done himself!"

The Queen listened to Ms. Gadi explain her political history, and responed as soon as she finished her question. "My mother died much earlier this year, in January, so I've been Queen for less than a year." She suddenly drifted thoughts to her mother, "My mother did so much for Kanada, I hardly think I can live up to it..." Grace looked at her feet and fidgeted with her bracelet.
(OOC: Thayre be yer freakin post my dood. It's short but it's something.)

"I have every bit of faith that you will do as good of, if not an even better, job then your mother," Taneli said to the Kanadian Queen.

Martinus laughed as Feldush downed the shot of arak. He however stuck to his water and took another drink of it. As he did he glanced around the room one more time to again see everyone once more.

“Apparently you didn’t hear me right. I said I didn’t want to turn into a rack of bones and drinking that poison will obviously do that to you. Besides I don’t think I need to prove myself anymore, I am far past my glory days.” Martinus then took another drink of water.

“You know these types of things bore me now. Back whenever I was young I loved them. The music, the people, the alcohol, and especially the intrigue. But now that I am old and fragile these no longer amuse. Especially since I don’t have a lot of friends that are still alive but what are you going to about it I guess that is life.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marten continued to listen to both of them talking with a smile on his face but then it hit him. He had completely forgot about the third person he brought with him. How could he forget about Lukas?

Marten then preceded to look around the room for Lukas and there he found him waiting around all alone in the middle of the hall. He wasn’t particularly doing anything. Just standing there like a log examining the room and everyone there while keeping to himself.

“I am going to go find us a table” he said as he looked at Grace. He then diverted his attention to Taneli. “It was also very nice to meet you, I hope I have the pleasure again” as he then walked away and made his way to Lukas.

Marten then asked Lukas if he wanted to go get a table and Lukas agreed. As they were going to find a table Marten told Martinus to which Martinus nodded. And they found a table in the front row and started to wait for the speeches to begin.

Feldshuh saw the sad expression on Martinus' face, hidden behind the callous scowl he maintained almost constantly. He put his hands on his old friend's shoulder and looked him in the eye, "Well, at least we are still alive," Feldshuh said before an aid came to his side and whispered in his ear. "I must go friend, Shaddai be with you."

Feldshuh made his way to the central podium and grabbed a microphone. In his usual booming voice, he addressed the room, "Welcome esteemed guests! I hope you're enjoying yourselves! At this time, we would ask you to please be seated and enjoy the food we have prepared for you. We will be starting off with traditional Iraelian appetizers like Falafel and Kebabs. The next course will be a Taste of Syrixia, with foods from all around Syrixia being served. The third course will be the main meal, traditional Iraelian Doner will be served. The fourth course will be a Taste of Iteria, with food from Skanda, Ascalon, and Takashima being served. The final course will be a dessert course, with Rahat Lokum and other sweet dishes being served. Now, as you all take your seats, I have received a request to give a toast from a very important person here. Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome Rajesh III, Emperor of Syrixia!"

The Emperor made his way to the central podium and grabbed the microphone, just as Feldshuh had. Though his Syrixian accent was obvious, he was famously able to speak in elegant and fluent Mercanti, as he was about to here.

"Most honorable delegates; ministers, chancellors, ambassadors, prime ministers, queens, kings, emperors- ladies and gentlemen. On behalf of the Empire and as Head of the Commonwealth I thank you all for your most kind and gracious attendance to this festival. On what the common calendar calls June the 12th, 954 BCE, exactly one thousand and sixty three years ago, the first united Iraelian kingdom was formed- an important stepping stone between Iraelia's ancient past and modern Iraelian statehood. Through suffering and hardship, the determined and steadfast Iraelian people held firm. Their lands were conquered many times over, yet they never forgot who they were. They never let themselves forget the hope, the Iraelian hope; a hope that awes billions, a hope that led to the rebirth of a nation."

"On June 7, 1949, as my grandfather, Rajesh, second of his name, blessed be his memory, lay dying, after a life as a war hero and beloved emperor, his will and last testament was being read aloud. The region we know today as Janapadha was made a fully integrated province of the Empire two years earlier. There was only one colony left- the home of the Iraelians. The old colonial empire was dying; the old emperor saw it. All things eventually come to pass, and he knew this well. With what was left of his strength, he raised his hand, and his family, his State Curator, his Cabinet, and the pandits all looked at him; and he gave one final order as emperor, for he knew it was time." Then Rajesh paused. It wasn't a very long pause, but it was longer than normal. Then he spoke again, and as he spoke the last words of his grandfather chills ran down his back.

"Free the Iraelians."

He then continued. "The order was sent out, and given to the Governor-General of Iraelia. My grandfather's funeral was conducted in Iraelia, a country he loved, perhaps more than his own. He had been here so many times- he had seen its mountains, valleys, rivers, and plains, and he was enchanted by them. To this day he is the only emperor in the Empire's two-thousand-year history ever to be buried outside the Imperial Home Islands. After his funeral, the handover ceremony immediately began. The Imperial delegation sailed to a colony, and, days later, on June 12, the anniversary of the old Kingdom's formation, left a country, an Iraelian state reborn. And today, I am proud to say that that Iraelian state, that Iraelian nation, has remained a steadfast friend and ally to the Empire, and we value its friendship deeply. I am sure those of you whose home nations are also friendly to Iraelia are proud to be their friends as well."

He paused briefly, and then concluded, "I wish everyone in Iraelia, both its honorable government and all its good people, a happy Yavneh Roya; and I thank all of you here today, good people from across the world, in joining the festivities." He then raised his glass for the toast he was up at the podium to make in the first place.

"To Iraelia, a truly beautiful country. May it live forever."

Feldshuh could not contain his tears as he heard Rajesh finish his speech. All of it, all eight decades finally got to him. The war, the elections, all of it was in defense of this land that he loved so dearly. As the Syrixian Emperor yielded the stand, Feldshuh stood up to the podium and wiped his tears with a handkerchief. He cleared his throat before he spoke. "That was incredibly moving. And on that emotional note, I would like to officially begin the dinner." And with that, the first course was served.
As the clock approached midnight, Feldshuh reviewed his notes and practiced his speech repetitively in his head. This speech needed to encapsulate everything that Yavneh Roya meant to the Iraelian people. The final course was just being served and it was almost time. Feldshuh ascended the podium, It was 11:55 PM, the fireworks would be going off soon. As he took his step onto the podium, he felt a sharp pain in his chest. Bah, probably heart burn he thought. He continued to ascend the podium and waited for everyone to quiet down before delivering his speech.

"Thank you everyone for visiting us on this momentous occassion," he said, "the people of Iraelia are gladdened to have you here. Yavneh Roya is something special to the Iraelian people, but the reason it holds a place in our hearts differs from person to person. For some, it is a living embodiment of our heritage and the unification of Yihud and Irsai, to others, it is a celebration of our independence from the Syrixian Empire, but to me, it is a celebration of Iraelia itself."

"Iraelia has been a tumultuous state for almost my entire life. I was born in 1940, in the middle of the Fascist Wars. My father became a captain in the Iraelian Militia and my mother stayed with me at home. I never really got to meet my father until I was 8 years old. But his fighting, and the fighting of all good men of Iraelia, was not in vane. Iraelia not only remained free of Dominion control, but we were granted our independence and liberated our fellow Iterians in the Bari. This peace was threatened by the rise of the Socialists Republic of Skanda and the beginning of the Iterian War, but as a Marshal, I had the high honor of working along with my fellow Iraelians to keep Iraelia free of the communist menace."

"Following these horrid wars, it was still necessary to preserve this nation. Three years after the conclusion of the Iterian War, I stood for Knesset elections and won. In the Knesset, I fought alongside my fellow patriots to implement defensive measures that would assure the safety of Iraelia. We made sure that the resurgence of democracy led to stable governments in Iteria, and we laid the groundwork for the Iterian League."

Feldshuh sighed. This speech was not what it should have been, this was about the Iraelian people and their triumph over all the adversity they had faced. Not some sick way to inflate his own ego. Feldshuh promptly tore up his speech and continued on.

"I fear I have talked about myself too much. I am not some Flemingovia to be worshiped, my work has only been a drop in the pool that is the Iraelian efforts towards freedom, peace, and democracy. I suppose my point is this, Iraelia is a special place that has undergone so much. Our people have been nearly twice subjugated to foreign tyrannies. Our continent has almost repeatedly plunged itself into war. Yet the Iraelian spirit persists, and the wonderful people of this land have finally succeeded in our ultimate goal, peace."

Feldshuh cried a little as he finished his speech. "All I've ever wanted is for the people of Iraelia to be happy, healthy, and free. We have triumphed in the face of almost certain defeat, and it has paid off. We are now in one of the most stable and safe periods in Eras History. Iteria is under democratic rule, Iraelia's economy is booming, and most importantly, we are at peace. All the bloodshed, absentee fathers, and dead country men is done. We are a stable, functioning continent."

Feldshuh winced and grabbed his chest. He fell to his knees and glanced at the clock. 11:59 PM. As he stared into the crowd, he saw a light an a heavenly figure smiling at him. He pulled himself back up using the podium and addressed the man.

"I've done my best, have I not?"

The man nodded his head as he ascended to podium and grabbed Feldshuh's hand. Feldshuh looked directly at Martinus before uttering his final words.

"Take care, old friend, I hope to see you soon."

As Feldshuh's body hit the ground, the skyline of Adonai-Jireh was lit ablaze by fireworks. Fountains of red, blue, orange, and yellow filled the sky and danced with the stars in celebration. Feldshuh always loved fireworks. As he took Shaddai's hand, he ascended into the night sky, standing in awe of the magnificent colored flame around him. He then looked upon his city one final time before fully stepping into the light.

Shan-yin watched Feldshuh's emotional speech. The progress that had been made throughout the last 50 years was astounding. However, the darkest of his memories returned as he saw Feldshuh collapse. Erik had served in the Goyanean Ascalonian legion from 2009 to 2011, during the Bari Insurgency. He was one of the best combat medics the legion had ever seen.

As Feldshuh uttered his final words, Shan-yin dropped his drink and ran to the podium. Feldshuh laid there, silent, motionless. Shan-yin pressed two of his fingers to Feldshuh's neck. As a solitary tear rolled down his cheek, he announced to the attendees of Yavneh Royah, "Felshuh is no longer with us."

He stood, wiping his face of tears with his handkerchief. He looked at one of the waiters, who stood there motionless, and screamed at him in Iraelian "!????? ???????[note]"Call an ambulance!"[/note]". The stunned waiter fumbled around his pockets for his cell phone, and frantically dialed the paramedics.

At this point Shan-yin could not even stand anymore. Between the PTSD and the overwhelming experience he just had, he was about to follow in Feldshuh's footsteps, however he collapsed into a chair and sat down before that could happen.

NOTE: Following my new governmental system being made canon, State Curator Diwan Sahab is now there too, with Rajesh.
Rajesh looked on in shocked horror as, right as the fireworks went up all around the Adonai-Jireh skyline. It was almost like something straight out of a movie. Chills ran down Rajesh's back. Exactly midnight. He had seen Feldshuh appear to look up, reach out his hand, and say, "I've done my best, have I not?" It was as if Prajapati Himself had come to take him to the Pearl-White Halls. He closed his eyes, put his palms together and bowed his head to touch his hands, and said, "Sarvashaktimaan Prajapati, apane bete Feldshuh ko anantata kee anubhooti den..." (Almighty Prajapati, grant your son Feldshuh an eternity of happiness...)

Without even stopping for a second to think, the Emperor walked with great speed across the room to Agastya Yamesh, and said, in fluent Iraelian, "??? ??? ?????? ????? ??????. ??? ???? ????? ????? ?? ?????, ???? ???? ?????. ????? ????? ???!" (Send word to the Iraelian government in its entirety. Send word to Iraelia's allies, and send word to the world. Tzufit Feldshuh is dead!) He then raced around the room, urging everyone to stay calm- particularly Martinus- and ended his walkabout next to Erik Shan-yin.

Putting his hand on the Ascalonian Prime Minister's shoulder, he smiled kindly reassuringly; a smile that you'd see from a friend.

Meanwhile, when Feldshuh had collapsed, Diwan Sahab had dropped his drink just as Erik Shan-yin had had. As Rajesh made the rounds reassuring everyone and calming things down, he had just stood there, in shock and bewilderment.

Martinus had enjoyed Rajesh’s speech, especially the part about the Fascist Wars. A horrific war that no one besides its own veterans could understand the terror of. But lucky enough for Martinus he could understand it, he could remember it as clear as day may it be from Magnus’s rallies to Helmer’s war councils he remembered it all and as soon as the emperor was done he applauded as loud as he could in approval for it.

Whenever Feldush got up on stage Martinus knew he was in for a treat as this would be the event of the night. He was excited to also see the fireworks which he did enjoy. So as he took the stage Martinus gave him his full attention ignoring everything else.

Martinus was impressed by his speech and moved. He was always impressed by Feldush’s love for his country and his willingness to fight and bleed for it something that Martinus could relate to. However he was moved by him ripping up his cards, speaking from the heart and saying what he truly meant and how he truly felt for his nation and for his people.

But then it happened. Feldush had fallen and his final words "Take care, old friend, I hope to see you soon." Words that hit Martinus like a warhammer shattering his chest. But Martinus didn't weep instead he sat there for a minute and just looked, turning out all noises and everything happening in his surroundings as the fireworks bathed him in their lights.

As he looked he saw Erik Shan-yin running over to Feldush and pressing his two fingers on his neck and saying those fateful words. Those fateful words that no one should hear especially about their friend not only about their friend but one of their last. Martinus wanted to do something but he couldn't, he couldn't pull himself up to do anything even though he wanted to with all of his might.

As he was dazing out the Emperor Rajesh had came over to him and told him to stay calm but how could he one of his only friends had just died right in front of his eyes. But Martinus did not pay any attention to him, only making out what he said barely. But as soon as the Emperor had left Martinus finally pulled himself together and summoned the courage from every fiber of his being and got up out of his seat.

When he got up out of his seat he did not care for anyone in his way as he pushed them out of his pathway to Feldush, him being his only concern. As he pushed everyone out of his way he picked up more speed starting to full on sprint his way to him. And finally he was there.

He finally made it to the site and sat down beside him. Comforting his now lifeless body not giving a care to anything or anyone else in the world besides Feldush. With tears now filling his eyes he closed Feldush's and made a prayer to his Flemingovia to grant Feldush a happy life in the afterlife.

He sat there beside Feldush not leaving his side for anything as the fireworks filled the sky making sounds of cannon fire. He let the chaos go on while he was there with his friend who he cared for deeply. Then finally Martinus whispered to his friend “I hope I see you as well old friend.”

Alwyn stared on in shock as Feldshuh collapsed. It was over quickly. He had moved forward to offer his help but others had already pressed forward. Alwyn looked around for his children and saw them off to the side.

He hurried over to them. His daughter grabbed a hold of him and buried her face in his chest.

'Are you alright?' He asked. She looked up at him with watery eyes and nodded.

He turned his attention to his eldest and ordered him to lead his brother's and sisters out of the room. 'And contact the ministry. Have them inform the king. Quickly now, go.'

He turned back to the crowed as Aeron lead his siblings outside. He'd have them each sit down with a priest once they got back home. Give them a chance to talk about what happened here, but for now he couldn't worry about his children. He wondered how this would affect future relations. It was a selfish thing to think, but he had come here to broach the subject. He moved closer to the crowd hoping to catch up to Yamesh and offer any assistance he could.

David was stunned, but only for a short while. He'd seen friends and family pass away before, but this was... different. This was a great man passing away at what should've been the happiest time for his homeland. And it looked like it was the happiest time for him as well.

David set down his drink and privately prayed a prayer for Feldshuh and his friends and family.
The only pang of grief he felt was of guilt, for not getting to know Feldshuh better before he passed. What stories did that great man have left to share with friends? What experience and lessons he have left to share with the next generations? The world will never know again.

As for Albert, he was lost on what to do. A celebration was about to turn into a funeral procession soon enough, and then the successor will have to- Oh, the successor... unless his sources have failed him, it was likeliest the PMship would fall on Agastya Yamesh. Mr. Skywing was already moving towards him, but Mr. Yamesh would need all the comfort that could be afforded in this moment.

Stuck on that train of thought, Albert got up and also approached the crowd. It's said that ministers of foreign affairs always worked together on international calamities, and comforted each other in national calamities. Well, this is a national calamity.

Yamesh stood in stunned silence. He watched as his mentors corpse hit the floor, as Martinus in a blind rage ran towards him, how Shan-Yin and Rajesh attempted to maintain calm. The world around him seemed to fall apart, and he simply couldn't believe it. Yet before he had decided to take action, President Avroham Kadish quickly approached him.

"Stand up, boy!" He said, "This isn't the time to be indecisive, Iraelia is in desperate need of strong leadership. Seeing as that's the case, I will be calling an emergency session of the Knesset within an hour to nominate you as Prime Minister and begin your vote of confidence. Summon the cabinet and spread the news at once!"

"Understood, sir," Yamesh replied. As he said so, he heard Rajesh echo the sentiments of the Iraelian President.

"Ah, perfect timing," Kadish remarked, "Now go!" As Yamesh speed walked his way through the room, he passed Alwyn Skywing who was attempting to talk to him.

"Mr. Skywing, I am so sorry for what you had to witness. However, I am quite busy, so I do not have the liberty to talk right now. I can assure you, this will not affect our two nations current plans for a free trade agreement in anyway," Yamesh hurriedly explained. As he did so, David Drake approached him as well. "Mr. Drake, I am sorry, I cannot speak right now, there is too much to be done. I can arrange a meeting with you later." And with those final words, Yamesh made haste to alert the nation of the tragedy that had occurred.
Kadish made his way to the podium where Feldshuh had fallen just as the paramedics had arrived. They established a perimeter around the former Prime Minister and carried his corpse off into an ambulance. As they did, Kadish addressed the distraught guests.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I regret to inform you, but Tzufit Feldshuh is dead. I am quite sorry for all you had to witness. However, Iraelia needs to move on if it is too survive. So, I'd like to request that you all return to your hotel rooms or guest suites within Beit Aghion. We will have a flight ready for you on the morrow. Feldshuh's funeral procession will occur at the Knesset Building within a week. All those who wish to attend may do so. However, for the time being, it must be said that the Yavneh Roya celebrations must cease. Thank you for your cooperation."

Back