ABC for Attorney General

Kasch:
abc:
Kasch:
abc:
Kasch:
If I was to say that I do not believe that you are experienced, reliable or knowledgable of our laws enough for the office of Attorney General, how would you prove me wrong?
I have been around for much longer than 6 months, about a year with a different nation so do have a bit of experience. I know quite a bit about your laws as I've been reviewing them over the past couple weeks and I am definitely reliable as I am on as often as I can be, every day, a few hours a day. I am involved in NS so often that I don't have time to do a whole lot else. You can rely on me, I'm pretty knowledgeable of your laws, and I have a bit of experience.
And how have you got the upper hand over people like COE and Funkadelia? These two have been here for years more than you've been, have much more experience, have served in court capacities before and know what they'll be doing. What gives you the edge in this election?
I can relate better to the citizens, especially the newer ones. Funkadelia and COE may be able to relate to the older citizens better, but I feel that the new citizens need to feel welcome and many may only stay if they can relate and befriend others. The new citizens will eventually be running everything, so they need to feel welcomed if they're going to stay. Plus COE isn't running for AG.
My mistake, I'd not realized at the time of posting as it was quite late and I was fairly tired.

Other than being able to represent the citizens better, an assumption of which I believe you have very little logical or actual standing in, what else can you bring to the office of the Attorney General?

The reason I believe you have little standing in making the assumption that you represent the citizens better, is because there are hundreds of citizens and members of this community in exactly the same situation as you. Just because you are a citizen, does not mean you know exactly how to represent every single citizen in our region. You have experienced being a citizen the exact same way as everyone else, so how are you able to represent the citizens any better than Funkadelia?
I will respond to this as soon as possible.

abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
If I was to say that I do not believe that you are experienced, reliable or knowledgable of our laws enough for the office of Attorney General, how would you prove me wrong?
I have been around for much longer than 6 months, about a year with a different nation so do have a bit of experience. I know quite a bit about your laws as I've been reviewing them over the past couple weeks and I am definitely reliable as I am on as often as I can be, every day, a few hours a day. I am involved in NS so often that I don't have time to do a whole lot else. You can rely on me, I'm pretty knowledgeable of your laws, and I have a bit of experience.
Your laws? Don't you mean "our laws"?
Yes - that was a typo.
The "o" key isn't right next to the "y" key. They're relatively close, but I don't think it's reasonable to say in this context that you accidentally hit "y" after having clicked the spacebar. Some would argue that since the last key before that was "t", it is possible that your left hand simply slipped while on the way to the "o" key. Such an argument would clearly be erroneous however since (assuming you don't type like a Neanderthal) your right hand would have responsibility for clicking the "o" key. As a result of this I have two questions both of which seem to be critically important: First, since it is clear that you are lying in order to cover up the fact that you don't consider yourself to be a true TNP'er why are you bothering to lie at all? Second, do you intend to learn how to multi-quote or are you going to keep on posting 5 comments in a row?

abc:
flemingovia:
If you could unilaterally change one law in TNP, which one would it be?
Within Court Laws and Procedures, chapter 5 - section 2 I'd like to change. I believe the private court records should not immediately be released after reachig 1 year of age. I believe all justices should first confirm that it safe to release the records before releasing them.
  1. The Court Rules and Procedures are not laws - they are rules / policies adopted by the government body of the Court.
  2. If you had read the section that you refer to, you would notice that section specifically has to do with private information that is not released by the declassification process. I've never been on the Court, but I am quite certain they double-check records covered under Chapter 5, section 1 to see if they are also covered by section 2 - in which case those records are not released (chapter 5, section 2, clause 2).
I also have another question for you.
  • During the course of the AG's work, you'll often find a requirement for secrecy. How would this interact with your campaign statement of making the government the citizens' government?

Darcania:
abc:
flemingovia:
If you could unilaterally change one law in TNP, which one would it be?
Within Court Laws and Procedures, chapter 5 - section 2 I'd like to change. I believe the private court records should not immediately be released after reachig 1 year of age. I believe all justices should first confirm that it safe to release the records before releasing them.
  1. The Court Rules and Procedures are not laws - they are rules / policies adopted by the government body of the Court.
  2. If you had read the section that you refer to, you would notice that section specifically has to do with private information that is not released by the declassification process. I've never been on the Court, but I am quite certain they double-check records covered under Chapter 5, section 1 to see if they are also covered by section 2 - in which case those records are not released (chapter 5, section 2, clause 2).
I also have another question for you.
  • During the course of the AG's work, you'll often find a requirement for secrecy. How would this interact with your campaign statement of making the government the citizens' government?
I'd certainly still make this government a government for the people, and allow the citizen's ideas to be heard, but certain items of great secrecy would be concealed for the security of TNP.

abc:
I'd certainly still make this government a government for the people, and allow the citizen's ideas to be heard, but certain items of great secrecy would be concealed for the security of TNP.
How would you judge which items should be concealed and which should be let out?

Oh dear, this is turning into a train-wreck. Can I suggest we do the charitable thing and back off now? There comes a point where it is like shooting rats in a barrel.

flemingovia:
Oh dear, this is turning into a train-wreck. Can I suggest we do the charitable thing and back off now? There comes a point where it is like shooting rats in a barrel.
I've answered almost all questions with a few I still need to answer as truthfully as I can, why do you think this is a train-wreck?!

Darcania:
abc:
How would you judge which items should be concealed and which should be let out?
Items that should be concealed would include private court information, clearly private personal information, and other things that I received through PM's that could be distinguished as important to conceal.

Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.
The "o" key isn't right next to the "y" key. They're relatively close, but I don't think it's reasonable to say in this context that you accidentally hit "y" after having clicked the spacebar. Some would argue that since the last key before that was "t", it is possible that your left hand simply slipped while on the way to the "o" key. Such an argument would clearly be erroneous however since (assuming you don't type like a Neanderthal) your right hand would have responsibility for clicking the "o" key. As a result of this I have two questions both of which seem to be critically important: First, since it is clear that you are lying in order to cover up the fact that you don't consider yourself to be a true TNP'er why are you bothering to lie at all? Second, do you intend to learn how to multi-quote or are you going to keep on posting 5 comments in a row?
I know how to multiquote, but I tend to answer questions seperately. Also, the o key is close to y on mobile devices.

abc:
Zyvetskistaahn:
abc:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Are there any legal controversies in TNP law which you presently think would warrant the use of the inherent standing to bring judicial review which you would enjoy as Attorney General, if elected? If so, what are they and why do you consider that they warrant judicial review? If not, in what circumstances, generally, would you consider use of the Attorney General's inherent standing appropriate?

The Attorney General is constitutionally required to act as legal adviser to officers of the executive on request, if you were requested to so act by the Delegate and advised that a particular act by them would, in your belief, be unlawful and they nonetheless did that act, how would you respond? Would your response differ if the officer was the Vice Delegate or a Minister?

Is the current law on sentencing sufficient? Whether or not it is, could it be improved in any particular way?
No. Circumstances for me to take a judicial review in would need to be only in cases that either involved outside interference (ex. meddling in an election) or cases that had gone on for at least 2 weeks and still hadn't come to a conclusion.

I'd strongly condemn their actions and start an investigation into their actions. Whether they were a Vice Delegate, a Minister, or any other position of power they'd receive the same response and the same actions would be taken against them.

I believe that that laws on sentencing are sufficient except that the punishment for adspam should not include banning (although ejection should still be allowed), but instead include suspension of basic speaking rights and they should be banned from all discord servers for an amount of time approved by the AG based on the severity of the adspam.
Thank you for your answers. I have a number of follow ups.

In relation to my first question: your opponent has suggested that among the circumstances in which he may bring a matter for judicial review, one is where no one else would be likely to have standing to do so, you, however, do not seem to have mentioned such, why is this? Could you explain the second class of matters you may think appropriate for judicial review a bit further (that is, "[those] that had gone on for at least 2 weeks and still hadn't come to a conclusion")?

In relation to the second question: Do you believe that issues may arise, in relation to any potential criminal action, as a result of the operation of the provisions of Section 7.4, clauses 22-24 of the Codified Law? What would be the status, in relation to any potential criminal action against them, of the advice given to the official?[note]EDIT: clarification on this question, as it seems I may not have been wholly clear in relation to what I meant by asking as to the status of the advice given to the official: there does not appear to have been any consideration of the issue of legal privilege in TNP, presumably because there does not appear to be a power to require evidence to be given for the purposes of prosecution and so there has been no attempt to use it to require legal advice be disclosed (the power of the Court to require evidence seems only to extend to exculpatory evidence (Re: the Existence of a Duty to Disclose; Re: the power of the Court to subpoena evidence)), so would it be open to the Attorney General to use the advice given for the purpose of a prosecution (for instance, to prove that a violation of a law was done knowing it was a violation)?[/note] Could the constitutional requirement to act as legal adviser to the official extend to a requirement to act as their defence counsel in relation to any criminal action, presuming such action was not the result of ignoring advice previously given to them?

In relation to the third, why do you consider banning an inappropriate sentence? Why ought the punishment, whether for adspam or for any crime, be approved by the Attorney General?
I haven't had time to respond to this one yet - I will soon.
I think this because otherwise, some matters may never receive appropriate attention or be forgotten. I agree with Funk on his ideas on judicial review as well though.

I could see problems arising if the Delegate, Vice Delegate, or any chosen Resident had little to no knowledge of the case or barely knew the legal code. In relation to the second question, I'd say no.

I consider this because it seems taking it too far to ban them, maybe removing their free speech rights would be better. It doesn't actually have to be approved by the AG, it should actually be the Minister of Communications.

abc:
... and other things that I received through PM's that could be distinguished as important to conceal.
This isn't an answer to my question... how would you distinguish that?

flemingovia:
1. Could you answer my question, which you seem to have skipped?

2. Your words come across as incredibly patronising towards those who have held office in TNP and in many cases have given hundreds of hours to the community, when you say that because of this they cannot represent "average" citizens.

3. Your platform is very vague, which is unsurprising since you have only been around a short time. Why did you not consider becoming an assistant AG (as so many do), learning more about our laws, engaging in the internal debates of the AG's office and THEN running for major office.
1. I just answered it.

2. I didn't mean to patronize those people, I simply meant that I know the newer citizens better. The people who have given so much to the community are very good citizens, but just don't know the newer citizens as well as me and my fellow newer citizens.

3. I did consider becoming a deputy AG, but I thought I'd do better in a leadership position.

Darcania:
abc:
... and other things that I received through PM's that could be distinguished as important to conceal.
This isn't an answer to my question... how would you distinguish that?
If anything seems like it could compromise the security of TNP or hurt its citizens I'd keep it secret.

abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.
I know how to multiquote, but I tend to answer questions seperately. Also, ths o key is close to y on mobile devices.
Oh this is just getting worse and worse, assuming you use two hands in order to mobile post then your left thumb would still be the thumb controlling the "t", not your right. In the alternative, if you only posted with one hand, then your thumb would have had to go to the spacebar and then come back up, totally deviating it from the "t" line. Where in my analysis have I missed something?

Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.
I know how to multiquote, but I tend to answer questions seperately. Also, ths o key is close to y on mobile devices.
Oh this is just getting worse and worse, assuming you use two hands in order to mobile post then your left thumb would still be the thumb controlling the "t", not your right. In the alternative, if you only posted with one hand, then your thumb would have had to go to the spacebar and then come back up, totally deviating it from the "t" line. Where in my analysis have I missed something?
The fact that y is next to t and the word I wrote before your (supposed to be our) was 'about' ending in a t.

abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.
I would advise you use multiquotes, as it's hard to find things in this cluster of responses.

For a campaign question, how, in the capacity of your position, will you make this more of a "citizen's government?" How will you do this better than the other Candidates, who were also Citizens?

Mystery Player:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.
I would advise you use multiquotes, as it's hard to find things in this cluster of responses.

For a campaign question, how, in the capacity of your position, will you make this more of a "citizen's government?" How will you do this better than the other Candidates, who were also Citizens?
Sorry about that, will do.

I am referring to the citizens who don't have a position in TNP in government or as a civil servant. I want to make this more of their government by getting more of them to get positions and really to get them interested in all, TNP has to offer. I want the citizens to have a say on the laws, codes, etc - I would set up a suggestion section on the forum where citizens could make suggestions to me on how I should improve the laws, codes, the AG's policies and such. No one else has suggested this and I think this would be a wonderful thing to do.

abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.
The fact that y is next to t and the word I wrote before your (supposed to be our) was 'about' ending in a t.
Except that, as I told you, in a two handed scenario it doesn't matter that they're nearby since it's an entirely different finger position in such a way as to make it incredibly implausible that you would hit they "y" at all after having punched the spacebar, or in the alternative in a one handed scenario you would have hit "t", gone down, hit spacebar, then come back up and hit "o". You would never stray across the "y" key at all, so you'd actually have to miss pretty badly in order to make the error. Additionally this would require you not to have proofread a post in a campaign thread of yours. At best you were incredibly sloppy and unlucky, at worst you are perpetuating a lie about your loyalties to the region.

So I'll be nice and give you another chance, did you have a slip and say "your" because you don't view TNP as a true home of yours, or did your thumb slip totally on accident and you somehow managed to click the "y" key without noticing?

Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.
Except that, as I told you, in a two handed scenario it doesn't matter that they're nearby since it's an entirely different finger position in such a way as to make it incredibly implausible that you would hit they "y" at all after having punched the spacebar, or in the alternative in a one handed scenario you would have hit "t", gone down, hit spacebar, then come back up and hit "o". You would never stray across the "y" key at all, so you'd actually have to miss pretty badly in order to make the error. Additionally this would require you not to have proofread a post in a campaign thread of yours. At best you were incredibly sloppy and unlucky, at worst you are perpetuating a lie about your loyalties to the region.

So I'll be nice and give you another chance, did you have a slip and say "your" because you don't view TNP as a true home of yours, or did your thumb slip totally on accident and you somehow managed to click the "y" key without noticing?
Fine it wasn't really a typo - it was the wrong wording.

abc:
I am referring to the citizens who don't have a position in TNP in government or as a civil servant. I want to make this more of their government by getting more of them to get positions and really to get them interested in all, TNP has to offer. I want the citizens to have a say on the laws, codes, etc - I would set up a suggestion section on the forum where citizens could make suggestions to me on how I should improve the laws, codes, the AG's policies and such. No one else has suggested this and I think this would be a wonderful thing to do.
These all sound like things I and my predecessor Ash have both done before - both of us were very open about appointing Deputy AGs (as far as I can see, between the two of us only one Citizen interested in becoming a Deputy who was turned down, and both of us actively sought out people who participated in our respective elections). Beyond that, Ash set up a School of Law (which unfortunately was never finished - Ash resigned and I didn't have any of his notes, plans, or contacts to continue it), while I set up this open thread.

I do like some of your ideals, but there's only so much an Attorney General can do to be welcoming to the newer Citizens... the office really needs experience for it to function; despite both Ash and I being experienced in the region, both of us appointed Assistant Attorney Generals who had even more experience than us in the office or the Courts (Abbey was that Assistant for Ash, Tomb was for me).

Have you considered becoming more active in Home Affairs, whether or not you win this election? I think you'd do well there - in fact, you could even ask Tomb to appoint you as a Deputy Minister, and that'll have some leadership involved.

I do have another few questions for you, though. These ones should be a bit easier:
  1. Who do you plan to ask to be your Deputy Attorney(s) General?
  2. Would you consider appointing Funkadelia should you win this election?
  3. If you should lose the election, would you consider asking Funkadelia to appoint you as a Deputy Attorney General?

abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.

So you don't view yourself as a TNP'er, and you're a liar. That's what I've gotten out of this process. Does that seem fair?

Darcania:
abc:
These all sound like things I and my predecessor Ash have both done before - both of us were very open about appointing Deputy AGs (as far as I can see, between the two of us only one Citizen interested in becoming a Deputy who was turned down, and both of us actively sought out people who participated in our respective elections). Beyond that, Ash set up a School of Law (which unfortunately was never finished - Ash resigned and I didn't have any of his notes, plans, or contacts to continue it), while I set up this open thread.

I do like some of your ideals, but there's only so much an Attorney General can do to be welcoming to the newer Citizens... the office really needs experience for it to function; despite both Ash and I being experienced in the region, both of us appointed Assistant Attorney Generals who had even more experience than us in the office or the Courts (Abbey was that Assistant for Ash, Tomb was for me).

Have you considered becoming more active in Home Affairs, whether or not you win this election? I think you'd do well there - in fact, you could even ask Tomb to appoint you as a Deputy Minister, and that'll have some leadership involved.

I do have another few questions for you, though. These ones should be a bit easier:
  1. Who do you plan to ask to be your Deputy Attorney(s) General?
  2. Would you consider appointing Funkadelia should you win this election?
  3. If you should lose the election, would you consider asking Funkadelia to appoint you as a Deputy Attorney General?
1. Funk, Darcania, Ash, and Eyes that Do Not Lie
2. Yes as you can see
3. I definitely would consider that as I'd be able to make some change and eventually run again and possibly be more respected.

Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Mall:
abc:
Kasch:
Yes - that was a typo.

So you don't view yourself as a TNP'er, and you're a liar. That's what I've gotten out of this process. Does that seem fair?
I definitely view myself as a TNPer and made the mistake of saying your instead of our. Also, I'm not a liar. What reason would I have to lie anyway?

What qualifies you to say that you know the newer citizens better? You certainly don't know me, and I doubt you know my beliefs, feelings and stances.
And stating you'd function in a leadership position with no previous experience to qualify for that position and nothing but a bumper sticker slogan campaign could be seen as blind ambition as your motivator rather than the duties of the office. How do you respond to that statement?

Mystery Player:
abc:
Just gonna let you know that Ash quit participating 2 months ago, and vacated the office you are currently running for.
Oh. Then I'd recommend Abbey.

Cogoria:
What qualifies you to say that you know the newer citizens better? You certainly don't know me, and I doubt you know my beliefs, feelings and stances.
And stating you'd function in a leadership position with no previous experience to qualify for that position and nothing but a bumper sticker slogan campaign could be seen as blind ambition as your motivator rather than the duties of the office. How do you respond to that statement?
I mean that I know them in general. Obviously not everyone's the same. Some people I know better than others. I respond to that statement with the fact that I have discussed real ambitions other than the bumper-sticker ones. I want the citizens to have better control over their government, and thus will, (if elected) add a section in the forum specifically for fellow citizens to give suggestions and many of those suggestions will be acted on. I also would like to modify section 7.4, clauses 22-24 of the legal code. I see problems arising there where a resident doesn't understand the case or knew very little about the legal code.

abc:
I mean that I know them in general. Obviously not everyone's the same. Some people I know better than others.
Why are you more fit for this? Why can you do this, while Funkadela can't?

I am referring to the citizens who don't have a position in TNP in government or as a civil servant. I want to make this more of their government by getting more of them to get positions and really to get them interested in all, TNP has to offer.

Why do you believe that this is best achieved with the office of Attorney General, who's job is to be the chief prosecutor? (I think, I know nothing about TNP law.)

Mystery Player:
abc:
I mean that I know them in general. Obviously not everyone's the same. Some people I know better than others.

I am referring to the citizens who don't have a position in TNP in government or as a civil servant. I want to make this more of their government by getting more of them to get positions and really to get them interested in all, TNP has to offer.

Why do you believe that this is best achieved with the office of Attorney General, who's job is to be the chief prosecutor? (I think, I know nothing about TNP law.)
Funkadelia's an older citizen (which means they do have a good amount of experience), but they may not know what the newer citizens really care about. A lot of newer people to TNP are active for a few months, but then many end up disappearing and become inactive. I know what that's like, and I think if newer citizens see someone not too different from them taking up a position in government, it would inspire them to become more involved.

Mainly, I want a lot of the citizens to become more educated about TNP, especially about its laws. Citizens should feel open to submit a case for judicial review.

abc:
Mystery Player:
abc:

Funkadelia's an older citizen (which means they do have a good amount of experience), but they may not know what the newer citizens really care about. A lot of newer people to TNP are active for a few months, but then many end up disappearing and become inactive. I know what that's like, and I think if newer citizens see someone not too different from them taking up a position in government, it would inspire them to become more involved.

Mainly, I want a lot of the citizens to become more educated about TNP, especially about its laws. Citizens should feel open to submit a case for judicial review.
Since it sounds like you know, what do the new citizens care about then? Why would this be different than the older citizens?

Mystery Player:
abc:
Mystery Player:
abc:

Since it sounds like you know, what do the new citizens care about then? Why would this be different than the older citizens?
A lot of newer citizens are about simply enjoying the fun of NS. Many of them really aren't too into the politics of it and the forums outside of it. Some of them may like the politics of it and love the forums but aren't willing to make a huge commitment to it. Certainly there are exceptions, but this is how I'd describe the majority of new players. If more newer citizens were introduced into the forums, we'd get more citizens and more exciting elections.

abc:
abc:
Zyvetskistaahn:

In relation to my first question: your opponent has suggested that among the circumstances in which he may bring a matter for judicial review, one is where no one else would be likely to have standing to do so, you, however, do not seem to have mentioned such, why is this? Could you explain the second class of matters you may think appropriate for judicial review a bit further (that is, "[those] that had gone on for at least 2 weeks and still hadn't come to a conclusion")?

In relation to the second question: Do you believe that issues may arise, in relation to any potential criminal action, as a result of the operation of the provisions of Section 7.4, clauses 22-24 of the Codified Law? What would be the status, in relation to any potential criminal action against them, of the advice given to the official?[note][Note removed, replicated in the body][/note] Could the constitutional requirement to act as legal adviser to the official extend to a requirement to act as their defence counsel in relation to any criminal action, presuming such action was not the result of ignoring advice previously given to them?

In relation to the third, why do you consider banning an inappropriate sentence? Why ought the punishment, whether for adspam or for any crime, be approved by the Attorney General?
I think this because otherwise, some matters may never receive appropriate attention or be forgotten. I agree with Funk on his ideas on judicial review as well though.

I could see problems arising if the Delegate, Vice Delegate, or any chosen Resident had little to no knowledge of the case or barely knew the legal code. In relation to the second question, I'd say no.

I consider this because it seems taking it too far to ban them, maybe removing their free speech rights would be better. It doesn't actually have to be approved by the AG, it should actually be the Minister of Communications.
Thank you for your answers, I have further follow ups.

In relation to the first, I am still not sure what you mean by "[those] that had gone on for at least 2 weeks and still hadn't come to a conclusion", do you mean criminal cases that have done so, judicial reviews that have done so, or some other disputes?

In relation to the second, you appear to have missed my question on the status of the advice given in relation to a criminal matter, further elaboration was: "there does not appear to have been any consideration of the issue of legal privilege in TNP, presumably because there does not appear to be a power to require evidence to be given for the purposes of prosecution and so there has been no attempt to use it to require legal advice be disclosed (the power of the Court to require evidence seems only to extend to exculpatory evidence (Re: the Existence of a Duty to Disclose; Re: the power of the Court to subpoena evidence)), so would it be open to the Attorney General to use the advice given for the purpose of a prosecution (for instance, to prove that a violation of a law was done knowing it was a violation)?"

In relation to the third, why ought the punishment be approved by the Minister of Communications?

Darcania:
^ Missed a question :)

Zyvetskistaahn:
abc:
abc:
Zyvetskistaahn:

In relation to the second question: Do you believe that issues may arise, in relation to any potential criminal action, as a result of the operation of the provisions of Section 7.4, clauses 22-24 of the Codified Law? What would be the status, in relation to any potential criminal action against them, of the advice given to the official?[note][Note removed, replicated in the body][/note] Could the constitutional requirement to act as legal adviser to the official extend to a requirement to act as their defence counsel in relation to any criminal action, presuming such action was not the result of ignoring advice previously given to them?

In relation to the first, I am still not sure what you mean by "[those] that had gone on for at least 2 weeks and still hadn't come to a conclusion", do you mean criminal cases that have done so, judicial reviews that have done so, or some other disputes?

In relation to the second, you appear to have missed my question on the status of the advice given in relation to a criminal matter, further elaboration was: "there does not appear to have been any consideration of the issue of legal privilege in TNP, presumably because there does not appear to be a power to require evidence to be given for the purposes of prosecution and so there has been no attempt to use it to require legal advice be disclosed (the power of the Court to require evidence seems only to extend to exculpatory evidence (Re: the Existence of a Duty to Disclose; Re: the power of the Court to subpoena evidence)), so would it be open to the Attorney General to use the advice given for the purpose of a prosecution (for instance, to prove that a violation of a law was done knowing it was a violation)?"

In relation to the third, why ought the punishment be approved by the Minister of Communications?
1. Judicial Reviews and Criminal Cases

2. I definitely believe it would be, a prosecutor must use everything they are given.

3. Not all punishments, but just the punishment for adspam because it is a form of communication and it should be handled by the appropriate ministry.

Darcania:
Darcania:
^ Missed a question :)
I definitely have thought about that and I might as it has leadership involved and it would allow me to get some of my agenda up and running. Sorry I missed that. :D

I seem to miss in your opening post and answers to questions a clear reason why you would seek a function in the legal branch of the government. This is the more striking as your stated motivation seems to fit well with a function involved in citizen outreach such as at the ministry of home affairs. Can you give us a concise statement for seeking legal office specifically?

abc:
Zyvetskistaahn:
abc:

2. I definitely believe it would be, a prosecutor must use everything they are given.

3. Not all punishments, but just the punishment for adspam because it is a form of communication and it should be handled by the appropriate ministry.
Thank you for your answers, I have further questions.

In relation to the first, how would one go about conducting the judicial review of an ongoing judicial review on the basis of the first of the two running over two weeks in time?

In relation to the third, is it your view that punishments ought to be approved by a related executive Ministry in all cases or just in relation to adspam? If it is in all cases, why ought the executive have a role in approving punishments? If it is just in relation to adspam, why would it be inappropriate for other crimes?

Hey abc,
I know many of these comments are very similar to mine but I intend to hear the answer from your perspective.
From what I have heard, Darcania is a widely respected, and very talented AG. He has created a legacy of strength and power and has a firm grasp of our constitution and interpretation of the courts. If elected, how will you carry this on, and do you feel you can do a better job than him?

Havelu:
From what I have heard, Darcania is a widely respected, and very talented AG. He has created a legacy of strength and power and has a firm grasp of our constitution and interpretation of the courts.
I think it's a bit preemptive to say such things... I've only been the Attorney General for a month and some change, and it's been a generally inactive month at that.

Barbarossistan:
I seem to miss in your opening post and answers to questions a clear reason why you would seek a function in the legal branch of the government. This is the more striking as your stated motivation seems to fit well with a function involved in citizen outreach such as at the ministry of home affairs. Can you give us a concise statement for seeking legal office specifically?
In short, I want to protect and uphold TNP laws as well as improving them, and making the people have a bigger say in them.

Zyvetskistaahn:
abc:
Zyvetskistaahn:
abc:

Thank you for your answers, I have further questions.

In relation to the first, how would one go about conducting the judicial review of an ongoing judicial review on the basis of the first of the two running over two weeks in time?

In relation to the third, is it your view that punishments ought to be approved by a related executive Ministry in all cases or just in relation to adspam? If it is in all cases, why ought the executive have a role in approving punishments? If it is just in relation to adspam, why would it be inappropriate for other crimes?
1. I'd have a Deputy AG handle the review to make sure it gets reviewed and not forgotten.

2. It is really in relation to all cases. I think the executive should have the role in approving punishments because eveyone else in the ministry will be collectively working on one or more things, but the executive will really be overseeing things so they should be the one to approve a punishment.

Havelu:
Hey abc, 
I know many of these comments are very similar to mine but I intend to hear the answer from your perspective. 
From what I have heard, Darcania is a widely respected, and very talented AG. He has created a legacy of strength and power and has a firm grasp of our constitution and interpretation of the courts. If elected, how will you carry this on, and do you feel you can do a better job than him?
I will have a firm knowledge of the laws and codes of TNP and I'll be reliable, trustworthy, and very open to suggestions. I feel I could do a better job than him in the sense of gettig things done as it is I'm afraid true that he hasn't gotten a whole lot done this term. I may not have the very best understanding of laws out there, but my understanding is good enough to carry out he office of AG.

Darcania:
Havelu:
From what I have heard, Darcania is a widely respected, and very talented AG. He has created a legacy of strength and power and has a firm grasp of our constitution and interpretation of the courts.
I think it's a bit preemptive to say such things... I've only been the Attorney General for a month and some change, and it's been a generally inactive month at that.
Darcania, give yourself some lead. It may be true that you haven't gotten everything you've wanted to do this term done, but it's not as if you didn't gen anything done. Be proud of what you have done.

abc:
I want the citizens to have a say on the laws, codes, etc - I would set up a suggestion section on the forum where citizens could make suggestions to me on how I should improve the laws, codes, the AG's policies and such. No one else has suggested this and I think this would be a wonderful thing to do.
We do have such a thing. It is called the Regional Assembly.

At this point, abc, I don' think you're ready to run for AG, but I strongly admire that you have the confidence to run. The first position I ran for was AG. I was still a noob. I lost by a landslide.

That doesn't mean you should give up! Take some time to pour over our laws, and the legal decisions that help shape them. Spend more time in the executive staff. Eventually you will be a first-choice candidate for a lot of voters.

After a few cycles, I was eventually elected Justice.

Back