[PRIVATE] New template for r4r

Discord
COE#7110
There have been some discussions in the past to the effect that the current template for review requests is unsatisfactory. In particular, it is too difficult to fill out correctly, and unnecessarily restricts the content of requests. I think we ought to replace it with a series of questions, rather than a fillable form. I'll post a draft of what I'm thinking about in the next few days. If ya'll have any brainstorms, post them here.

EDIT: A week late, but here it is:
When requesting a review by the Court, use the following template. It is designed to allow you to explain, in your own words, what transpired and how you are affected by it. In the second question, you are strongly encouraged to quote the actual text of the law in your post. Please do not link to other posts or legal documents, since their text may change. Please post each request in a new topic, and leave the text of the questions in your post, writing your answer after each one.
Code:
1. What law, government policy, or action (taken by a government official) do you request that the Court review?

2. What portions of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Legal Code, or other legal document do you believe has been violated by the above? How so?

3. Are there any prior rulings of the Court that support your request for review? Which ones, and how?

4. Please establish your standing by detailing how you, personally, have been adversely affected. If you are requesting a review of a governmental action, you must include how any rights or freedoms of yours have been violated. If you are submitting this request in your capacity as the Attorney General or their designee, please note that here instead.

5. Do you have any further information you wish to submit to the Court with your request?

I've added my proposed template to the OP. I think it could use some instructions and supporting documentation around it, such as "Please do not link to legal documents, but rather quote them in their current form" and such like that. Maybe I'll write an intro for it this weekend.

Maybe I'll do it now.

EDIT: Done.

I'll give Abbey a day or two to comment, and then call for a vote. We should be able to have this in place before elections get going.

Alright, shall we consider that a unanimous vote in favor, or do we need to do this all official? If the latter, then I propose a vote, and vote yes.

Back