he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
ag_seal.png

Office of the Attorney General

Hello, TNPers.

Welcome to the beginning of my first term in elected office. I'd like to thank everyone for making the first election I retained my candidacy in a stunning victory, securing me a full 100% majority!

In all seriousness, though, I do dislike that I was the only candidate with no option to re-open nominations (as nominations can only be re-opened once). If there was more than one month and some change left in the term, I would have asked around for any who sought to run, and if there was interest, I would have resigned immediately and forced another special election. As it stands, since there is only about a quarter of this terms left, it would be too much of a hassle for too little, especially since AG elections don't receive as much turnout as General elections.

That said, I am leaving this thread open for anyone to provide suggestions, make requests, or ask for information regarding my work as Attorney General. As well, I will be seeking re-election come March, so feel free to ask for a Deputy position if you would like experience in the office come election time. I always, always prefer there to be interesting elections rather than coronations.

That said, I have a few appointments to make. I hereby appoint Sasten, Goyanes, and Lord Emmanuel as Deputy Attorneys General. Sasten and Goyanes were both Deputies alonside yours truly under Ash, and both were active and dedicated to the job. Lord Emmanuel, meanwhile, is new to the office; he has displayed a strong interest in becoming more involved in TNP, and I am certain he will prove to be just as active and dedicated.

I also appoint Tomb as an Assistant Attorney General. As a previous Attorney General, he will provide a healthy dose of experience to this office, along with his previous Deputy AG Sasten. However, as Tomb is a busy person due to his position as Vice Delegate, his role will be restricted mainly to providing advice to the office.

Beyond that, I hereby abolish the separate Divisions of this Office. Each Deputy will serve this Office as they, and I, see fit.

I also hereby institute the following internal policy of this Office: In the event of a vacancy in the office of Attorney General, I designate Deputy Attorney General Sasten to be Acting Attorney General, will all my rights and responsibilities, until such time as the office of Attorney General is no longer vacant. While I have no plans to vacate this office, the many times this has happened recently leads me to believe that it's time to set the precedent of designating a successor in the case of a vacancy.

Section 4.2 of the Legal Code:
7. A "vacancy" in an office occurs when the holder of it resigns, is removed, or abandons it. An office is abandoned when its holder does not log onto the regional forums for two weeks without prior notice, or when an election winner or appointee fails to post the Oath of Office. Pending an election, a vacancy may be temporarily filled as provided by the Constitution, this Legal Code, or a rule adopted by the appropriate body.

Thank you all for your time.

[me]

Thanks Dacania, its a great thing to accomplished my aims from you. I really appreciate this and am going to work great for you before the end of this term.

~LE

I appoint Kasch as a Deputy Attorney General. While new to the office, he has displayed interest in the workings of the law and the courts, and I believe he would be an effective Attorney General or even Justice should he decide to stay in this area of TNP life.

Man Kasch, is there any job you don't do? Maybe I should bring on another deputy speaker on top of the ones I already have planned.

Pallaith:
Man Kasch, is there any job you don't do? Maybe I should bring on another deputy speaker on top of the ones I already have planned.
Sorry, I got to him first! :P

(Besides which, as a Minister, he couldn't be a Deputy Speaker, only a Deputy Attorney General, so there!)

Is it seriously not allowed for me to serve as a Deputy Speaker now? I totally would if it was allowed, Pallaith.

Kasch:
Is it seriously not allowed for me to serve as a Deputy Speaker now? I totally would if it was allowed, Pallaith.
As soon as you became the Minister of Communications, it became illegal under Article 7 of the Constitution, as Plembobria, an elected official in the Executive category, appointed you, making you a government official in the Executive category. Since Pallaith is an elected official in the Legislative category, any person he appoints as a Deputy Speaker would be a government official in that category. Thus, you cannot be both, under Article 7, clause 10 of the Constitution.
Article 7:
10. No person may simultaneously serve in government official positions in more than one of the executive, legislative, or judicial categories. Exceptions to this provision may be established by law.
However, since I am also an elected official in the Executive category, I am still capable of appointing you as a Deputy Attorney General, since that does not break clause 10 mentioned above.

I would like to be a Deputy Attorney General, as I was Chief Justice of Lazarus from January-September 2016

Canton:
I would like to be a Deputy Attorney General, as I was Chief Justice of Lazarus from January-September 2016
I cannot appoint you as one at the moment, as you are not a Citizen. I can see, however, that you applied earlier today, so while you for the Speaker's Office and the admins, feel free to take a look at our laws.

wait don't run away they're not that scary

Lord Emmanuel:
Canton:
Been a chief justice of Lazarus, doesn't mean you know TNP laws.
I know, I'm just saying I have legal experience.

Lord Emmanuel:
Been a chief justice of Lazarus, doesn't mean you know TNP laws.
They have experience in some legal capacity, and they wish to learn TNP law, hence the application. I don't see any such assertion that they know TNP laws anywhere, only a statement that they have experience with laws in general.

Canton:
For reference, I have denied this application, as I have several Deputies already and Canton's history in Lazarus's Court leads me to believe he would not be a good fit for the position. I have informed him of other avenues to get involved in TNP law and told him I would give his application another look if I should end up re-elected for Attorney General next term.

An opening statement for this term will be out soon™. Until then, I appoint SillyString as Deputy Attorney General. Goyanes, Kasch, and Sasten remain as Deputies until further notice.

Please take your oaths.

As Kasch has not posted his oath of office within seven days of the above appointment, he has vacated his office as Deputy AG.

I did say I was unavailable for most of those days here. But I don't mind not being a Deputy. It is up to you. If you want to keep me as a Deputy then I'll take my oath, but if not then I won't mind.

It seems I can't access that topic... though I do see a statement of absence on Discord that began on April 8th, four days after the appointment.

Since it's alright with you, then, I won't be reappointing you. I encourage you, however, to keep an eye for my next opening statement (hopefully up within the next few days, though I'm still recovering from an RL incident at the moment), as there may be an opportunity for those who are more busy or new to TNP law to still contribute.

Darcania:
It seems I can't access that topic... though I do see a statement of absence on Discord that began on April 8th, four days after the appointment.

Since it's alright with you, then, I won't be reappointing you. I encourage you, however, to keep an eye for my next opening statement (hopefully up within the next few days, though I'm still recovering from an RL incident at the moment), as there may be an opportunity for those who are more busy or new to TNP law to still contribute.
Law and the RA are two areas of The North Pacific that I still haven't explored. I want to contribute as much as I can to this region, but those two places have always been the hardest for me to really understand and experience. Maybe if I ever leave an EC position, or more of my other positions, I could start trying again.

Thank you for keeping me out of the position, I do need more time to develop an understanding of The North Pacific's Laws and how I can be a part of them. So once I have taken some time to watch and learn from the Court instead of jumping into a position, I might re-apply as a Deputy.

Back