US Navy vs Iran

This type of crap from the Iranians is just regular business. They charge at a ship, are warned off, the US Navy fires a couple of warning shots across their bow and the Iranians go home. Normally, if the Iranians didn't turn back and they got within 1000 feet of the ship, they would be turned into falafel by 30mm auto-cannon, and the Iranians know it. Which is exactly why they turn away at the first warning shot.

The conventional rules of the sea, so to speak, if you are approaching a ship of any kind on anything resembling and intercept course, you should hail that vessel and likewise, the vessel being intercepted should do likewise. If a vessel approaches you on an intercept course and does not respond to a hail, it is considered an act of hostility to which a violent response is the norm.

Personally, I would find a way to humiliate this Iranian 'Attack Boats', something like intercepting the attack boat with a helicopter and dump several thousand gallons of human excrement from the bilge tanks on them. :D

I have to agree regarding Iran...though I would be tempted to just sink them myself and say it was "pirates"...Iran is a bandit government anyway..on the other hand that would cause a war and Iran already has atomic bombs, or at least the ability to make one in a few weeks.

Warning: my National Jingoist side shows just now, don't take this persona too seriously: On the other hand this was a stunning and great victory for the US Navy as they showed America's might and chased away the dastardly Iranian menace, a most perfidious opponent. You dare diminish the efforts of America's brave sailors at keeping freedom safe(well at least a commerce lane)? Shame on you..*shakes finger* The proper response is "Go Team!"

Romanoffia:
This type of crap from the Iranians is just regular business. They charge at a ship, are warned off, the US Navy fires a couple of warning shots across their bow and the Iranians go home. Normally, if the Iranians didn't turn back and they got within 1000 feet of the ship, they would be turned into falafel by 30mm auto-cannon, and the Iranians know it. Which is exactly why they turn away at the first warning shot.

The conventional rules of the sea, so to speak, if you are approaching a ship of any kind on anything resembling and intercept course, you should hail that vessel and likewise, the vessel being intercepted should do likewise. If a vessel approaches you on an intercept course and does not respond to a hail, it is considered an act of hostility to which a violent response is the norm.

Personally, I would find a way to humiliate this Iranian 'Attack Boats', something like intercepting the attack boat with a helicopter and dump several thousand gallons of human excrement from the bilge tanks on them. :D
Possibly dumping several tons of sewage on an Iranian attack boat WOULD be seen as an attack by the US. And they did turn away at the first warning shot, like you said, so not only would it be an attack, it would nave no provocation.

I don't care much for either side here and I'd rather not go out in a nuclear blaze just yet, so can we just fucking not? kthxbai

Back