The North Pacific v. The Swedish Republic of New Kenya

flemingovia:
Meh. If the witness is not willing to be examined, that is his prerogative. that, in itself, is evidence.

Ego non musca sum.
Again, I have stated that I will adhere to the Presiding Justice's decision regarding the deposition. I am not surprised that the Court can not follow its own rules considering the lack of reading comprehension skills apparent in those they let serve as defense attorneys.

Et si omnes ego non.

the defence attorney is simply representing his client with all vigour.

?? ??? ?????? ????????????????? ?? ??? ??? ???????? ????????????????

Depositions in The North Pacific involve both sides being permitted to ask questions. Special allowance is made for the cross-examination of witnesses who submit a witness statement. No such special allowance is necessary for a deposition because depositions in The North Pacific always grant both sides the right to ask questions.

Eluvatar:
Depositions in The North Pacific involve both sides being permitted to ask questions. Special allowance is made for the cross-examination of witnesses who submit a witness statement. No such special allowance is necessary for a deposition because depositions in The North Pacific always grant both sides the right to ask questions.
Then perhaps you should adjust the Court Rules to match reality? How are foreign visitors meant to wade through your legal system if your laws do not match your practice? While depositions here may involve both sides asking questions, the rules clearly do not support that conclusion as they are written.

Your honour: regarding evidence submission I am reliably informed by the delegate that there have been no discussions at all in any place by the government concerning the threat from my client, New Kenya. I also note and submit that there has been no notification of any deployment of the NPA back to TNP in order to counter the threat from my client to the security of TNP.

I await a response to my request to the Security Council

Note to the court: I have today sent out a doodle poll to Guy, Eluvatar and Tsronk in an attempt to schedule examination of my client Tsronk as a witness.

Note to the court: I have today sent out a doodle poll to Guy, Eluvatar and Lord Ravenclaw in an attempt to schedule examination of Lord Ravenclaw as a defence witness.

Your honour, I have a couple of questions: please note, these are questions for the presiding justice to answer.

1. I understand that no justice intends to be present during the examination of witnesses. If (hypothetically) a witness refuses to answer a question put to them, contrary to the following court rule:

The witness will answer all questions which are not withdrawn.

How is their cooperation to be gained without halting the testimony and returning to the court? I am anxious to prevent further delays.

A second question, if I may,

2. We are now several days past the time allowed by yourself for evidence submission. Can I assume that this phase of the trial is now over? I have not managed to obtain cooperation from the security council yet, nor my main witnesses. But if I have to proceed without them, so be it.

Sorry - hit post too early.

If we are still in the evidence submission phase, could your honour provide a new timetable?

I am due (RL) to go on holiday during half term soon and expected this trial to be long over by then.

Your honour, I submit as evidence the following page, and the following list of endorsers of New Kenya:

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_swedish_republic_of_new_kenya at this time:

Endorsements Received: 393 » Arrivederci, Plembobria, Selfgradatude, The Rossinite Empire, Beagles Reborn, HMS Unicorn, Kylesburgh, Apetopia, Trombone Kingdom, Philippedafos, Merconitonitopia, Notyoutopia, EretzIsrael, Caspiatea, Commonwealth of Transcaspia, Former English Colony, Lord Ravenclaw, Ceretis, Free Culture, Mazeoftime, The Efteling, Novare Res, The Galactic Triumvirate, Klettureyja, The Lancerian Empire, The Bureaucratic Territories, Camarthen, Q w e r t y, United Chinese Republics, New Sekai, Sadakoyama, Chris Hallett, Calamazo, Ultimacave, Francovania, Chinstralia, Unimaginable Doom, NabMex, Arcadiom, Isimud, Felpolandia, Elevation, Zeroxis, Republic of Destiny, Bothia, Neen, Daedric Stellar Empire, Fengate, Great and Glorious Martese Unionins, Karazan, The Big Bad Boo, Massarie, Blackshear41, Cantalupo, Proov583, Mk Steele, Boggovia, HeyZay, Nationalist peoples party, Venezuelia, Virdalonja, Arquan, BrightFutures, Renetopia, Chadwin, Chukstik Illahi, Tokaryk, Kingdom of Space, Demescia, Celreostia, Nubianica, The Apple Corporation, Cozy Beds, Whereisthatistan, Saint Tomaston, Necromonia, Tianqing, Shirak, Lionia, RoosterTeeth, Pheltikius, Yukti, AdyLand, Eglise Sainte Eve, Yeraennus, Poachland, Garden of Aden, United Anarchy of Predatory Tunicates, Arach-Naga Combine, OblivionObliviousness, New Lakemba, New Trisone, Hammustafula, Alfonsia, Parisatlover, Plumas, Britomart, Mimban, Neo Colorado, Free Thinkers and Rabble-rousers, Guslantis, Quest For The Best Girl, Amerian States, Nightempire, Swagtopia, Nyvenia, NewNerman, The NRA Republic, Qanadeelia, The Federal Repulbic of Xonia, Wineclaw, The Army Republic of Prussia, Atain, Esplandia, Liberreich, Cupcakeatarians, Kubrostavsria, Fresh Carthage, Hudson Valley, Ravendra, Rochester Black, Jefffliu, Ophlantly, Lyncis, Sunto, Garden Bast, Ultima Terra, Uhura-Ubuntu, Run Mayst Republic, Lemonbiscuits, Camidera, Deathanasia, Wooleystan, Zongzi, Krauzhaten, Republic of Dixie, Nagyongyoztunk, Austraud, 48 Momoiro Musumes, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Snowlit, Lacertae, Oceania Supremus, Premsol, The Sustainable Development Community, Southern Monrovia, Citiva, Bretanni, United Brunstovia, Yama Tai, Yurc, Foraldn, Vexuar, Babylon and Ur, Lagondia, Surrus, Freyford, New Phyrreus, Thyrrvania, Trabia Mon, Holy Artreya, ThneedTown, Spainstan, Teknikerland, Frances Francis the First of France, Solestia, Anumbra, Highton Islands, The Monastic Order of Saint Eleanor, REBEL STATE, Corfad, Nicolencia, Quistralios, Utopian council, The Howling Claw Monkeys, Ardoki, Puffinzbekistan, Sirisea, Kujira, The Undead Union, DNSD13, Stenc, Nordrym, Geraldina and Nikopotofahria, Southonia, Bras Ew, United mercy, Maeren, Rukonia, The Isle of Grossmania, Empire of Infinite Evil, Malvad, Beastos, Friendalicious, Joshia, Jacksville Islands, Rhunvahn, Pakistan 001, Druadach, Effazio, Angelus78gak, Yaorozu, Lyserea, Kelvaros Prime, Concorde Dawn, Noster, Nugdania, Godly City, NoufLand, Kaedshi, Roann, Masonesia, Bharathvarsh, Nationalist Fools, Vasic, Ketaministan, Thursdon, Constantinolia, Jontopiary, Pasargad, Revolutionary Sealand, Charno, Grosser Nordland Reich, Palisede, Moqll, Choistan, Norfolk Isle Democratic Union, Kiranda, Libera Publica, DabsForDays, The Lugansk Republic, Contont, Raptuur, Kajan, New Ganjastan, Englaand, Tektropolis, Grellue, Cheongji, Eyes that do not Lie, I want to be alone, Giganato, Bartoke, Zoobles, Shropshire and Hereford, Capford, Prospit, Jamb0, Manticore utopia, The Triumph of the Triumvirate, Hannepandia, Stolichnya, Cambrinas, McMasterdonia, Malvodia, South Isles, Nova Constellation, Eryri Newydd, Haurlenia, Fip, Assas, West Magellis, United Regions of Centauri, NeoCartTopia, Tortellism, High Voltage, Religioncord, Meritdom, Nathania, Reedland Marsh, Trygg, Stucktopia, Territorio di Nessuno, Elspeth and Samina, Reaganea, Tharissus, The Disney Union, Flooforia, Owenheim, Zyvetskistaahn, Zifre, Narandor, Inat, Dabeckistan, Padraigiana, Olbvn, Soverenia, Wolfgonia, Kaarentawn, Venkman, Imperial Arkania, Vegetarian States, Nauthiz, Bourbon-Conde, AlphaCenturia, Xentherida, United Regions of the Americas, Sil Dorsett, Avelor, Shadowrik, Descentia Angellia, Great Bights Mum, Doyleada, The Congressional Exiles and Computers, Cape ferenghi, Wilkshire, Potistan, Orslan, MegaPeria, Wisconsota, Romaian, JimBrownland, Ostrekoj, Avalon, Sareva, Pygmy purple people eaters, Sankami, Flashy Light, Walterwood, Holy Oranz, Vantaria, Morrn, OnionTenshi, Unitate Real Greliser, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Kohasikstan, Greater Lorraine, Durrachium, Honey if You Please, Melmac Republic, Pen Denopia, Szalowa, Steam isles, Sheppey, Lord Emmanuel, Cryftud, American MapleStory, Krookholma, The Teddy, Yellan, Kilactic Regeneration, Velon, Bayern-Straubing, Bidencia, Hadjout, The American Pioneer, Khalasar Atthirari, LordGuru, Hermaes, Holtklava, Thick as Thieves, Free United People of Earth, Eruditity, Pacajus, Adorna, Victoria Coasts, Korporations, Ivalex, Sacrento, Taurus94, Troperia, Caroenfe, Uncomfortable Small Talk, Amber Beach, New us ville, Kaevo, Phktla, New Fingland, Torrentio, Staadnau Gol, Alozia, Xionn, Zerocs, The Riot Islands, Diodone, Every Place Else Sucks, Aurael, Kuhai, Idealistically Kool, North Ito, Tuand Seton, United Trump State, Deathhhhhh, Virginian Inquisitors, Odrein, The Moroccan Kingdom, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Vathekia, Walter Jackson, Lilienation, Rumata, Faxfleet, and United Gojoseon.

Does your honour wish the documentary evidence in the above post to be authenticated, as per the following court rule:

Documentary evidence, which includes forum posts or threads, IRC logs, screenshots and other evidence of a similar nature, must be authenticated through witness testimony unless an exception is granted by the Moderating Justice.

Or are you happy to exempt?

flemingovia:
Sorry - hit post too early.

If we are still in the evidence submission phase, could your honour provide a new timetable?

I am due (RL) to go on holiday during half term soon and expected this trial to be long over by then.
Being aware of good-faith efforts to arrange depositions and timezone-related difficulties the Court is extending evidence submission until the 22nd. The timetable has been adjusted accordingly.
flemingovia:
Your honour, I have a couple of questions: please note, these are questions for the presiding justice to answer.

1. I understand that no justice intends to be present during the examination of witnesses. If (hypothetically) a witness refuses to answer a question put to them, contrary to the following court rule:

The witness will answer all questions which are not withdrawn.

How is their cooperation to be gained without halting the testimony and returning to the court? I am anxious to prevent further delays.

A second question, if I may,

2. We are now several days past the time allowed by yourself for evidence submission. Can I assume that this phase of the trial is now over? I have not managed to obtain cooperation from the security council yet, nor my main witnesses. But if I have to proceed without them, so be it.
1. It may be impossible to force cooperation. The absence of cooperation may however be used to question the credibility of a witness in argumentation.

2. The timetable has been revised.
flemingovia:
Does your honour wish the documentary evidence in the above post to be authenticated, as per the following court rule:

Documentary evidence, which includes forum posts or threads, IRC logs, screenshots and other evidence of a similar nature, must be authenticated through witness testimony unless an exception is granted by the Moderating Justice.

Or are you happy to exempt?

Having verified the endorsement list, I am prepared to issue an exemption. The list of endorsers is entered as evidence, on trust that it has some relevance to the defense.

Thank you. I have as yet had no response from the security council, and only my client tsronk has responded to my doodle requests for times to give evidence. But in order to keep to the court's timetable I will run with whatever evidence I manage to submit by the 22nd.

Your honour, the prosecution has failed to respond to my doodle request for a time when testimony might be obtained from my client, New Kenya. The period when my client indicated he would be available for testimony has now expired.

I would like your permission to open a thread for his testimony to be obtained on a forum thread, as per this rule:

Witness depositions may be taken over instant messenger or in a forum thread separate from the trial thread. A deposition may only be conducted in a forum thread if a deposition over instant messenger is not feasible.

I do not think there will be time to take much in the way of testimony. Although this will doubtless damage the defence's case, we will not be seeking further time extension. This evidence submission has gone on long enough and we look forward to moving on to the argument phase of the trial.

Lord Ravenclaw has not responded at all to my request for testimony. I have given up on the possibility of obtaining testimony from him. Once again, we will run with what we have.

If I might be indulged with a more general point, your honour. I think this had illustrated a failing in our court rules which the justices might wish to address. It is very very difficult to coordinate times for testimony between three busy individuals. Would it be better to move to testimony on a forum thread?

In addition it seems to me that the present system is open for abuse. One counsel who does not wish the court to hear a particular testimony might effectively block the or delay witness by failing to make themselves available to hear the testimony. I am not saying that this necessarily has happened in this case but it is a potential for abuse, and might be seen to break a defendant's right to a fair trial, enshrined in the Bill of Rights.

Your honour, I filed a request to the security council for release of all threads and discussions relating to New Kenya on 8th October. It is now 20th October and, apart from an acknowledgement of my request I have received no response.

In order to give me time to examine the evidence before the evidence submission phase ends in two days time, i request that the court subpoena any and all discussions held by the Security Council concerning my client. I know such evidence must exist because of the statement made by McMasterdonia in his initial complaint to the Attorney General:

The Vice Delegate and Security Council were also informed of this.

please note that i am not requesting an extension of the evidence submission period. If this subpoena is granted the defence is able to meet the deadline; if it is not we will run without the evidence, again.

I'd like to apologise for my absence - I've been somewhat sick, and now on a weekend getaway. I will not be back home before Monday.

flemingovia:
Your honour, the prosecution has failed to respond to my doodle request for a time when testimony might be obtained from my client, New Kenya. The period when my client indicated he would be available for testimony has now expired.

I would like your permission to open a thread for his testimony to be obtained on a forum thread, as per this rule:

Witness depositions may be taken over instant messenger or in a forum thread separate from the trial thread. A deposition may only be conducted in a forum thread if a deposition over instant messenger is not feasible.

I do not think there will be time to take much in the way of testimony. Although this will doubtless damage the defence's case, we will not be seeking further time extension. This evidence submission has gone on long enough and we look forward to moving on to the argument phase of the trial.
Permission granted.
flemingovia:
Lord Ravenclaw has not responded at all to my request for testimony. I have given up on the possibility of obtaining testimony from him. Once again, we will run with what we have.

If I might be indulged with a more general point, your honour. I think this had illustrated a failing in our court rules which the justices might wish to address. It is very very difficult to coordinate times for testimony between three busy individuals. Would it be better to move to testimony on a forum thread?
A forum thread is provided as a possibility because of the potential difficulty. Real-time confrontation is understood to obtain better testimony however, and so the rules require it if possible.
flemingovia:
In addition it seems to me that the present system is open for abuse. One counsel who does not wish the court to hear a particular testimony might effectively block the or delay witness by failing to make themselves available to hear the testimony. I am not saying that this necessarily has happened in this case but it is a potential for abuse, and might be seen to break a defendant's right to a fair trial, enshrined in the Bill of Rights.
The Court is expected to deal with any such hypothetical shenanigans.
flemingovia:
Your honour, I filed a request to the security council for release of all threads and discussions relating to New Kenya on 8th October. It is now 20th October and, apart from an acknowledgement of my request I have received no response.

In order to give me time to examine the evidence before the evidence submission phase ends in two days time, i request that the court subpoena any and all discussions held by the Security Council concerning my client. I know such evidence must exist because of the statement made by McMasterdonia in his initial complaint to the Attorney General:

The Vice Delegate and Security Council were also informed of this.

please note that i am not requesting an extension of the evidence submission period. If this subpoena is granted the defence is able to meet the deadline; if it is not we will run without the evidence, again.
So ordered: The Security Council will promptly release its records regarding The Swedish Republic of New Kenya.

If the Vice Delegate or any member of the Security Council believes this order is improper, they may file a request for review to contest it.
Guy:
I'd like to apologise for my absence - I've been somewhat sick, and now on a weekend getaway. I will not be back home before Monday.

Thank you for letting us know. At the risk of hypocrisy, however, I must say that advance notice is necessary for this trial to function. It would have been even better to get the Attorney General or another designee of theirs to cover the trial in your absence.

Ordering an extension of evidence submission past the 24th, and I imagine it would need to be several days past the 24th to give the Deputy Attorney General time to find times to interview the several witnesses, would apparently be opposed by the defense and could lead to this trial continuing into the next month and threatening to continue into the next court term. I would suggest that if you file a motion for an extension, you do so promptly and include arguments for why it should carry. In no case will I accept a request to extend evidence submission which is made on the 24th 22nd.

I will warn the Attorney General's office that they are at risk of failure to have any evidence submitted.

In my preceding post I say that requests to extend evidence submission made on the 24th will not be accepted. That was in error.

Evidence submission is scheduled to end the 22nd. I should have stated that I will not accept any request to extend evidence submission made on the 22nd.

I apologize for my office's oversight regarding the delays - I was not aware the Deputy AG would be absent, and failed to check in on this in a timely manner.

I have not been included in prior communications between the defense, the prosecution, and any named witnesses, so I do not know where things stand. Ergo, and given the obvious prior scheduling difficulties, I would like to request that the prosecution be permitted to collect witness testimony from Pierconium and from Aleisyr via two concurrent forum threads rather than via IRC or other medium.

If the requested deposition of Pierconium (or Aleisyr?) by the defense takes place, I have no objection to it occurring in either the same thread, or in a different one.

I would also like to request the extension of Evidence Submission to the 24th, as the Court indicated may be an option.

It is likely that two days (from now until the 22nd) would be sufficient to allow us to gather the requisite witness testimony from our own witness. However, I am not sure that it would be sufficient to allow flemingovia time to object and/or to conduct his own deposition of the witness, and I think it would be preferable to allow a little more time in case any complications arise during depositions. Additionally, as I said, I am playing catch-up on the question of witness scheduling, and I am not sure whether two days is enough time for a complete deposition of the defendant along with possible prosecution objections to any line of questioning. I do think an extension to four days should likely be sufficient, particularly if the defense has no issue with that timeline.

Additionally, on the matter of the Security Council's deliberations, I have no objection to the Court's ordered release and have conveyed the command to the SC. However, the SC must make a final determination about whether any parts of the discussion need to be classified on regional security grounds. I believe that extending evidence submission another two days would ensure that the SC can come to a decision and provide the thread within the required timeline, allowing the defense to use it at their discretion.

To allay any concerns over the SC's (admitted) slowness so far potentiating further delays, I will personally urge the Council to come to a quick decision - repeatedly, if necessary - and guarantee that I will, myself, as a member of the Council, make the thread available to the defense within the allotted time frame if the Council and Vice Delegate do not.

I thank the Court for its time.

Opening Post:
Timetable
Plea Submission - 2016-10-05 - 2016-10-06
Evidence Submission - 2016-10-06 - 2016-10-22

Your honour, defence must protest in the strongest possible terms. Although we have sympathy with Guy's real life illness, the attorney general’s office is bigger than one individual. An alternate could easily have been found at any point during this process. If Guy was having problems, it was for him to convey that and sort it out.

The opening post states that the Evidence submission phase of the trial will end on 22nd October. We have been working hard towards and within that deadline. At every stage the defence has kept the court informed of the progress of our evidence submission. At no point have we asked for extension - recognising the authority of the court we expect to work to the deadlines set, and if we cannot get the evidence sorted in time, we work without it.

the prosecution has done nothing much apart from ask for extension after extension and seek to dictate to the court how evidence submission will be handled.

The period for evidence submission has already been extended from 10th October to 14th October to 22nd October, all at the prosecution's request. Your honour, enough is enough. If the defence is expected to work within court rules, so must the prosecution. the opening post states that the evidence submission phase ends on 22nd October. If the defence can work within a sixteen day evidence submission phase, so ought the prosecution.

Should further extension be granted the defence will immediately file for a mistrial on the grounds that the excessive leniency shown to the prosecution is is infringing my client’s right to a fair and impartial trial.

As regards the Security council evidence, they too have had more than enough time to comply with the request, and the court has ordered a full disclosure. Any less would be in defiance of the court order. The defence has indicated that it is totally willing to view the evidence in Camera, and have your honour edit out any text which ought to be kept from the public guise.

Your honour, the dignity of the court is at stake here. At some point the word of the presiding justice should be taken as a decision, not an opening point for negotiations.

Your honour, I have just been given permission by Lord Ravenclaw to view the area of the Security Council where the New Kenya matters are discussed.

I thank the court for it's intervention in this matter, and Lord Ravenclaw for his cooperation.

Your honour, the defence must bring the gravest of matters before the court.

I have had a chance to briefly view the SC thread regarding New Kenya. In this matter the defence has been at a considerable disadvantage throughout, since Asta is both prosecuting counsel and a member of the Security Council and has been able to view this evidence throughout.

On looking in the War Room I saw that Asta has given detailed opinion to the Security Council on precisely how the evidence ought to be redacted before presentation in court.

For the Prosecuting Counsel to do this is, basically, an attempt to tamper with the evidence and is in direct violation of the order made by yourself:

Flemingovia (emphasis mine):
i request that the court subpoena any and all discussions held by the Security Council concerning my client.

Eluvatar:
So ordered: The Security Council will promptly release its records regarding The Swedish Republic of New Kenya.

Your honour, given the actions of the prosecution throughout this trial I conclude that my client is not being afforded the opportunity of a fair and impartial trial, and ask that the charges against him be dismissed immediately.

The fact that he is on trial for Gross misconduct when this is how the Attorney General acts is laughable.

The extension through the 14th motioned by the prosecution was motivated by the defense's requests, and granted.

The extension through the 22nd was granted not by request, of the prosecution or otherwise, but because the request for review filed by the defense was answered affirmatively only on the 17th.

The Court is aware of efforts by the prosecution to schedule depositions which took place on the 8th and the 14th and were frustrated by timezone difficulties.

For historical reference, evidence submission took 16 days in TNP v Tomb, the only other trial to follow the currently adopted court rules.

I have made clear that I will consider requests for the extension of evidence submission made previous to the last day of evidence submission.

I have no concerns that giving an extension of two additional days would undermine the dignity of the court. Extension of evidence submission through the 24th is granted.

The motion to dismiss will be considered and ruled on as soon as possible.

Eluvatar:
The extension through the 14th motioned by the prosecution was motivated by the defense's requests, and granted.

The extension through the 22nd was granted not by request, of the prosecution or otherwise, but because the request for review filed by the defense was answered affirmatively only on the 17th.

The Court is aware of efforts by the prosecution to schedule depositions which took place on the 8th and the 14th and were frustrated by timezone difficulties.

For historical reference, evidence submission took 16 days in TNP v Tomb, the only other trial to follow the currently adopted court rules.

I have made clear that I will consider requests for the extension of evidence submission made previous to the last day of evidence submission.

I have no concerns that giving an extension of two additional days would undermine the dignity of the court. Extension of evidence submission through the 24th is granted.

The motion to dismiss will be considered and ruled on as soon as possible.

Your honour, this extension takes us into half term week in the UK, which was not what was expected at the beginning of the trial. This new timetable greatly disadvantages the defence. But since it seems that any accommodation will be made to the prosecution the defence is forced, under extreme protest, to comply.

We do not, however, appreciate the attempt to shift the onus of blame for the extensions on to the defence. As stated above, we have kept the court fully informed of the progress of our evidence submission and AT NO TIME have we asked for, or expected an extension.

We believe that a deadline is a deadline, and that authority in the court rests with the Presiding Justice. We have worked hard to keep to the schedule set by the court only to see the prosecution disappear for days on end then reappear to repeatedly ask for more time.

No. we no longer believe that this trial is being conducted in an even handed manner. We believe our objections to this further extension are reasonable and had merit.

The prosecution has had more than enough time.

flemingovia:
If that is what it takes.

Although I assume that GM has recused himself from all deliberation surrounding this case.

Your appeal is being presented to Kialga and Temporary Hearing Officer Altmoras.

To the contrary,

Adopted Court Rules:
4.2.3 During the proceedings of a matter before the Court, substantive appeals and requests which relate to that matter must be addressed before the proceedings can continue.

So everything is now put on hold? Should the deposition threads be closed to prevent people from posting while the THOs deliberate?

I would interpret "the matter" more narrowly as the transition from Evidence Submission to Arguments.

Whether the transition happens on the 22nd, 24th, or later, the current state of the trial remains Evidence Submission.

I expect that the appeal will be ruled on before the end of the 22nd.

Eluvatar:
flemingovia:

Although I assume that GM has recused himself from all deliberation surrounding this case.

Your appeal is being presented to Kialga and Temporary Hearing Officer Altmoras.
Since I presume that Kialga and Altmoras will have the issue outlined by you, will they be permitted / expected to hear from the other side of the argument too? Or do they just get to hear one side?

If so I am happy to explain my side of things to them.

Might I ask that Kialga and Altmoras at least consider that the court timetable should not be determined by the necessity of allowing one side to present their entire case. Rather, the court should determine the timetable and the two sides in the case should work to that and assemble the evidence they can within the court-mandated deadline (with perhaps one extension for RL issues).

At the moment it looks like the court rules ought to read "the evidence phase will last just long enough for the prosecution to assemble all the evidence they need."

flemingovia:
Eluvatar:
flemingovia:

Since I presume that Kialga and Altmoras will have the issue outlined by you, will they be permitted / expected to hear from the other side of the argument too? Or do they just get to hear one side?

If so I am happy to explain my side of things to them.

I have quoted the relevant posts from this trial topic, and they are able to look for further context at their pleasure.

Back