TNPer
-
-
-
-
mowa_seal.png
Office of the Minister of World Assembly Affairs
September 20, 2016

Hey guys, my name is Pallaith and I'll be your new Minister of World Assembly Affairs. I want to start by thanking our amazing new delegate Plembobria for entrusting this position to me. I also want to thank those of you who took the time to welcome me and give me your well wishes, it means a lot to receive this much support from the region considering this is my first job here and, it's no secret, I'm brand new. To be fair, I am not new to the World Assembly, nor am I new to this game, considering I have been playing since April 2013 and joined the WA on day one. My very first vote was on the potential repeal of "Liberate NAZI EUROPE" so believe me, I'm no stranger to contentious votes. However, as far as the average member of TNP is concerned, I may as well be a stranger. I look forward to getting the chance to get to know all of you through not only my work as MoWAA but in all the various ministries we have as well. There's a lot to be done as we get this new term rolling and I hope I can demonstrate through my own actions how seriously I take the idea that if you are going to be a part of something, you will need to invest part of yourself in it. If we don't stand up and take part in the region we call home, why are we even here?

I believe that so strongly that I want to extend it beyond our borders as well. I want TNP to proudly play its role as the most distinguished and influential voice in the World Assembly, not just by voting one way or the other and affecting the outcome through simple votes, but in crafting the resolutions that come to vote as well. The World Assembly Legislative League (WALL) is just the kind of initiative that would allow our region to combine our talents in the WA with those of other regions, and let us play an even more active role in WA affairs by informing other players in this game and doing our part to ensure that if WA members are going to vote on something, they know what it is they are voting on. There's an opportunity for us to go beyond education on votes that come to the floor. I want us to be a destination for WA debates and drafting resolutions. We have the largest voice in the WA, so if we are going to be heard, I want us to have something important to say, and to know what we're talking about when we do.

The WA has been rather quiet this past summer, and our ministry hasn't had as many opportunities to foster the projects that previous governments put in place. If this term will be one of revitalization, of refreshing and enhancing the great accomplishments and ideas that have come from our predecessors, then it is imperative the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs make use of the tools in our own forum and the minds of some of the WA's greatest writers. In the next 4 months, I want to see the WALL become a player in WA debates, perhaps with new regions who haven't yet had the chance to get involved with it. I want to be able to give every WA nation in this region the best opportunity possible to vote with open eyes and clear minds. I want to inspire new authors to try their hand at contributing to the WA without fear of being burned by the bright lights of the public spotlight and the barbs of the WA authors' club before they even have a chance to get their bearings.

To help me in this effort, I will be looking not only for eager people like myself who want to explore this aspect of the game a bit deeper than they already have, but for seasoned players who know all the tips and tricks, or at least picked up a few tips and trips from their own WA experiences. I'm especially interested in hearing from people who have been involved in this ministry before, as you not only have the WA experience but know how we've operated in the past, and I always want to learn more about how we can build on what worked before.

Anyone who has signed up already and anyone who is interested in this work, please post below. Any of you who have been involved in WA resolutions or education, please indicate as much and give me an idea of what it was you did. I think your experiences would be instructive for everyone here. And of course, I will make cuts as needed for those who do not post. Some have been cut already; if you're one of them, and you still want to be involved, post here and I'll get you back in the group.

Thank you in advance for your participation and your assistance. I look forward to working with all of you and seeing some part of our combined effort play a role, however limited, in the WA history books.

-Pallaith

Present! I've been semi involved in WA things on and off for years. Tried drafting a resolution etc.

Yay for Pallaith!

Present. We spoke briefly over Discord about my previous resolution drafting experience. I think WALL is a fantastic idea and would like to see it further developed.

Thank you Ash! When we get rolling with the education initiatives, I hope you'll be one of the first ones in line to get it going.

Back