Ministry of Home Affairs Roll Call & Beginning of Term Speech

Tomb

TNPer
Beginning of Term Address:
moha_seal.png

Office of the Minister of Home Affairs
September 16th, 2016

Hello everyone,

It feels good to be back in this seat. I would like to start of by congratulating Delegate Plembobria on his well deserved victory. I would also like to thank him for allowing me to serve as the Minister of Home Affairs for this term. With 12 months of experience as Minister of Home Affairs (under several administrations), I believe that I am ready to tackle the problems that this Ministry is experiencing, and hopefully with your cooperation and help, this ministry will be the most active one by the end of the term. The Delegate has established some ideas he would want to see take place during this term, such as increased/active recruitment and the establishment of an active executive staff, and combined with my own idea and initiatives, I am happy to announce our goals for this term:

• Build up an active team of recruiters through the Executive Staff
  • Establish a system of rewards (as incentives, ex. weekly recogniton, ribbons, etc.)
  • Set up and hold inter-ministerial recruitment contests
  • Review all telegram scripts and telegrams
  • Come up with a retention strategy and system to retain new forum members/citizens
  • Appoint and train 1-2 deputies to carry out the ministry functions in the future
Key:
scratched out-Cancelled
Italicized-In Progress

These goals are extremely extensive, and I can use all the help I can get. I've always held the belief that a region functions as well as its Home Affairs Ministry does. That's because so much of what we do involves bringing new people to our forums and help them become part of our community. That's why recruitment is so important. Our goal is to have 5-8 active recruiters at all times. You have to keep in mind that with our recruitment infrastructure, 5 minutes daily is all it takes in terms of commitment to the Ministry. So please don't hesitate to join.

If you are a current member of the Executive Staff or if you would like to be added as a member of the Home Affairs Executive Staff, please post "here," "present," or something along those lines. I will add you to the Staff if you are not already a member. That's why this roll call is public. If you're a current member, then I'll simply note your presence. This roll call will go on for 3 days, at which point it will be closed. While I will always accept new and returning Executive Staff members, I will be removing the individuals that don't respond for the time being. Basically, please respond below ASAP.

Thank you,

~ [me], Minister of Home Affairs

@Praetor, Plembobria, and Pallaith - noted. Pallaith, I will add you shortly to the H.A. Ministry Executive Staff.

Mystery Player - Noted. Thank you.

Palliath, you've been added to the Home Affairs Executive Staff.

Tomb, great to see you back in the position that started it all.

Unfortunately I am likely to be too busy with my work commitments to be able to help out with this on a regular basis. Best of luck with the term.

mcmasterdonia:
Tomb, great to see you back in the position that started it all.

Unfortunately I am likely to be too busy with my work commitments to be able to help out with this on a regular basis. Best of luck with the term.
Thank you for the kind words, McM :)

And I completely understand about RL, no problem.

Here,but I must tell you that I can spend time in NS,only 3-4 hrs each day,mostly at evenings.If you think I can help...I'm here

Darklord:
Here,but I must tell you that I can spend time in NS,only 3-4 hrs each day,mostly at evenings.If you think I can help...I'm here
That is more than enough time, Darklord! Welcome to the Ministry!

Darklord:
Glad to be here but you need to tell me what to do cause I have not a clue what are you expecting from me :)
Yes, no problem, Darklord. We start our first recruitment task on Monday (tomorrow).

I will tell you what to do step by step then.

Scorch, you're not late. We've talked on Discord :)

Lajikstan and Junie, I will add you guys back to the Executive Staff. Thank you for notifying me of your presence.

Back