Notice

Praetor:
Due to the lack of activity in this embassy it is unfortunately being closed. Thank you.
"Due to the fact that the NPA tried to raid European Union on Saturday, we're covering our asses by hoping nobody notices this embassy before it's gone".

Things must be quiet in your home regions, eh?

Good to see that defender sycophants still take the time to apply for citizenship in major regions just to push their agenda on the odd occasion and to otherwise never meaningfully contribute.

mcmasterdonia:
Things must be quiet in your home regions, eh?

Good to see that defender sycophants still take the time to apply for citizenship in major regions just to push their agenda on the odd occasion and to otherwise never meaningfully contribute.
Good to see that oligarchs are still good at trying to distract from legitimate criticism. I became a citizen in June because I wanted be involved, unfortunately for some reason that seems to have been made hard for new people, therefore I don't show up much here anymore.

Praetor:
Due to the lack of activity in this embassy it is unfortunately being closed. Thank you.
"Due to the fact that the NPA tried to raid European Union on Saturday, we're covering our asses by hoping nobody notices this embassy before it's gone".

Here it is again for you.

Altmoras:
Praetor:
Nice deflection. Why has the European Union not posted an update here since 2014?

St George:
Altmoras:
Praetor:
Nice deflection. Why has the European Union not posted an update here since 2014?
Did you just deflect me calling out someone's deflection by accusing me of deflecting? How deep do we want to go here?

Any more layers and we might go into limbo.

This embassy is being closed due to inactivity, and is not special in that distinction. This is the full list:

Asgard - no posts
Australia, last activity in April 2014
British Isles, August 2015
European Union, Dec 2014
Mordor, June 2014
Terrene, no posts
The Coalition of Democratic Nations, Jan 2015
The FRA, August 2015
The New Galactic Empire, September 2014
The New Inquisition, August 2014

To ensure that no favouritism is given, TNGE's is being closed as well.

I invite you to read our very established embassy application that has been unchanged for over two years to help you understand why this embassy, amongst others, is being closed.

Lord Ravenclaw:
This embassy is being closed due to inactivity, and is not special in that distinction. This is the full list:

Asgard - no posts
European Union, Dec 2014
Mordor, June 2014
Terrene, no posts
The FRA, August 2015

I invite you to read our very established embassy application that has been unchanged for over two years to help you understand why this embassy, amongst others, is being closed.
If that is the case then I have to commend Praetor for correcting what must have been an absolute slew of incompetence by previous Foreign Ministers in not closing embassies that hadn't been active in years let alone 2-3 months.

Altmoras:
Lord Ravenclaw:

Asgard - no posts
European Union, Dec 2014
Mordor, June 2014
Terrene, no posts
The FRA, August 2015

If that is the case then I have to commend Praetor for correcting what must have been an absolute slew of incompetence by previous Foreign Ministers in not closing embassies that hadn't been active in years let alone 2-3 months.
Alternatively, previous Foreign Ministers have had more important things to do. It's what happens when your region is active.

But please, continue shitposting. At least it'll mean you're actually using your citizenship rather than just being here to further foreign causes.

St George:
Altmoras:
Lord Ravenclaw:

Asgard - no posts
European Union, Dec 2014
Mordor, June 2014
Terrene, no posts
The FRA, August 2015

Alternatively, previous Foreign Ministers have had more important things to do. It's what happens when your region is active.

But please, continue shitposting. At least it'll mean you're actually using your citizenship rather than just being here to further foreign causes.
More important than their jobs? As Raven said the embassy policy is "very established".

Altmoras:
I became a citizen in June because I wanted be involved, unfortunately for some reason that seems to have been made hard for new people, therefore I don't show up much here anymore.
I simply cannot let this statement pass without comment. Newcomers may see it and think it's true! While that line of argument may apply to other regions, it is not indicative of TNP's culture. There are plenty of ways to be active and involved here, from government to RP to the military, to just plain hanging out in the OOC. We have always encouraged new people to become a part of TNP.

GBM is absolutely right, we've been a newbie-friendly region for as long as I can tell.

Also, as St George said, and checking your post history, it's obvious you're mainly posting in threads related to other regions AND voting. We're nice enough to let newcomers do that, to let you participate of our regional affairs when you are showing an obvious, unequivocal interest in influencing our foreign relations. Don't push it.

This whole discussion is pretty lulzy.

The TNP policy to shut down inactive embassies is fair dinkum, and EU's embassy has been inactive.

On the other hand, it's pretty awkward timing to shut down an embassy with a region, after having tried to invade it. Correct me if I'm wrong (and I well may be), but to my knowledge, NPA units did deploy in an invasion attempt of European Union. It may not be the most appropriate place to discuss these matters, but trying to invade a region you have diplomatic relations with can get awkward enough (but by no means unheard of), but to immediately follow it up with a (supposedly) unrelated embassy closure certainly adds to that awkwardness. I can definitely see why some people might question the motives behind said closure.

(Personally, if I had to speculate, I'd say it's probable that at the very least the invasion kicked off the chain of events leading to the closure by making TNP notice this embassy. Having said that, I don't think the motivation is the one ascribed by Altmoras: It's pretty easy to see that TNP had an embassy with EU.)

The back-and-forth sniping probably doesn't help... I'd be a bit more hesitant than to ascribe motives to individuals, let alone to many people. Just as TNP doesn't want motives ascribed to it in closing the embassy.

He may indeed be shitposting, but Altmoras' conclusion is one that many casual observers will draw from this.

Seeing as how the embassy had been allowed to stay open despite meeting the criteria for closure about a thousand years ago, I think it's safe to say that keeping it open for another week or two would have been the smart move.

Myroria:
With all respect towards my colleagues, I hope I don't sound like a defender sycophant entryist when I say that this is an absolute joke.

I was clearly referring to people who join major regions simply to pursue their foreign agenda, normally based upon their loyalties to an ideology or region with a limited relationship with our home region.I will call out this kind of shit posting when I see it.

By comparison, you have actually contributed to our region over successive governments. You may consider this a joke my learned colleague, but as a former foreign minister you would be aware that an Embassy arrangement is not indicative of any treaty or obligation on our part, and of our embassy policies, even if closing inactive embassies has not been a priority for some time.

The thing is, I AM a defender sycophant... of sorts. The only raids I ever applaud are in Nazi regions, other than that I abstain from commenting NPA non-defensive actions anymore, as I like to harmonise my ideology (Defender) and my loyalty (TNP), which obviously comes first.

That doesn't give me any moral authority, I just want to make clear this is not a matter of Raiders (or independent™) picking on Defenders, or anything of the sort.

It was dead. It was an ex-Embassy. It should have been closed long ago, that's the only mistake I see.

Back