Plembobria for Delegate

RamRam:
Bringing cultural affairs back to life is nice. Making me do work though....hmmm
Culture has been alive throughout the term via the RP Moderators. Granted IG's real life and her CTE complicated a fair bit but the RP Moderators have (as ever) done stunning work keeping our roleplay worlds going.

I'm afraid that work is a necessity if you want to be taken seriously and given lucrative portfolios in TNP ;)

Plembobria, what will be your approach in the event TNP and the NS World are struck by a virulent (yet curable!) epidemic? How would a Plemby Administration respond, what existing infrastructure would you make use of, and what new infrastructure would be required? To whom would you subcontract the labor for regional preparations? What use would you make of the elected Vice Delegate, or any other regional officials?

What areas of The North Pacific do you believe require the most work/improvement and how do you plan on improving them?

SillyString:
Plembobria, what will be your approach in the event TNP and the NS World are struck by a virulent (yet curable!) epidemic? How would a Plemby Administration respond, what existing infrastructure would you make use of, and what new infrastructure would be required? To whom would you subcontract the labor for regional preparations? What use would you make of the elected Vice Delegate, or any other regional officials?
Well, according to law, we must hold a poll on how the region must respond. According the results of the poll, I shall work with administrators to get our outpost up an running. as well as have the government assemble teams like last year, so we can clear our region of this epidemic!

Kasch:
What areas of The North Pacific do you believe require the most work/improvement and how do you plan on improving them?
See my Ministerial Specific Goals!

plembobria:
Kasch:
I have seen them already, but those are exclusive to just the ministries, and nothing else. What improvements are you planning to make towards areas of TNP outside of the Ministries?

Secondly, you failed to answer my question.

"What areas of The North Pacific do you believe require the most work/improvement and how do you plan on improving them?"

All you did was refer me to a list of goals, you did not mention which of these goals holds the top priority to you or what you were going to do in order to improve them.

Plemby, I am not sure if this has been asked yet, but how do you plan to make ministerial appointments?

Secondly, your opponent, Bootsie, has proposed merging the Communications Ministry with the Gameside Affairs Ministry and handing the TNL over to the Foreign Affairs Ministry, given the alarmingly low amount of activity in the Communications Ministry. You acknowledged that the Communications Ministry is experiencing trouble. What do you think of a possible merger idea?

One thing I noticed in your campaign OP is that you plan to merge Culture into Communications. Why would you do that when Culture and Communication have such widely varying tasks? And when Gameside Affair's mission seems to be (at least on the surface) something much more easily aligned?

And why merge Culture into Communications instead of vice versa when Culture has nominally and historically been the more active of the two?

Zyvetskistaahn:
plembobria:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Generally, why is it better for the Delegate and Vice Delegate to stand together on a ticket than to stand independently of each other? Particularly, why is it better for yourself to stand and be elected as Delegate and Vice Delegate as a ticket with Yeraennus rather than standing independently of each other?
Yeraennus and I are both active and enthusiastic. We support each other's plans for our respective positions, so i think together we present a good deal to voters.
Thank you for your answer to the question of yourself and Yeraennus particularly, however, it seems that you've ommitted to answer the question of why, generally, tickets are better (presuming you consider them to be)?

Also, is it your intention, whether it is Yeraennus who is returned as Vice Delegate or some other candidate, to seek to involve the Vice Delegate in your government, if you are returned as Delegate?
Lest this was missed

Kasch:
plembobria:
Kasch:
I have seen them already, but those are exclusive to just the ministries, and nothing else. What improvements are you planning to make towards areas of TNP outside of the Ministries?

Secondly, you failed to answer my question.

"What areas of The North Pacific do you believe require the most work/improvement and how do you plan on improving them?"

All you did was refer me to a list of goals, you did not mention which of these goals holds the top priority to you or what you were going to do in order to improve them.
Well Communications most of all. I'll try and get the Ministry up and running by talking to the writers we have now, and trying to recruit new ones. FA needs to get active as well, and I'll do that by having FA compile brief dispatches on regional happenings that can be distributed between issues of TNL.

Tomb:
Plemby, I am not sure if this has been asked yet, but how do you plan to make ministerial appointments?
Very likely through applications. I may have some private discussions with potential appointees, but I don't have anyone in mind at the moment.

Tomb:
Secondly, your opponent, Bootsie, has proposed merging the Communications Ministry with the Gameside Affairs Ministry and handing the TNL over to the Foreign Affairs Ministry, given the alarmingly low amount of activity in the Communications Ministry. You acknowledged that the Communications Ministry is experiencing trouble. What do you think of a possible merger idea?
I do not agree with it. Gamside Affairs is to manage our in game dispatches and the RMB Guardian Program. FA is for distributing regional news to embassies and updating the government on happenings in other regions. Communications manages TNL. Though FA and GA both distribute TNL, having TNL merged into one of them won't help anything. Ambassadors may not want to be writers after all! A dedicated staff of writers, with a Minister who can keep the Delegate up to speed with progress of the newspaper is the most desireable arrangement.

Lord Lore:
One thing I noticed in your campaign OP is that you plan to merge Culture into Communications. Why would you do that when Culture and Communication have such widely varying tasks? And when Gameside Affair's mission seems to be (at least on the surface) something much more easily aligned?

And why merge Culture into Communications instead of vice versa when Culture has nominally and historically been the more active of the two?
I will do no such thing and you should know sarcasm when you see it. <_<

Zyvetskistaahn:
Zyvetskistaahn:
plembobria:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Generally, why is it better for the Delegate and Vice Delegate to stand together on a ticket than to stand independently of each other? Particularly, why is it better for yourself to stand and be elected as Delegate and Vice Delegate as a ticket with Yeraennus rather than standing independently of each other?
Yeraennus and I are both active and enthusiastic. We support each other's plans for our respective positions, so i think together we present a good deal to voters.
Thank you for your answer to the question of yourself and Yeraennus particularly, however, it seems that you've ommitted to answer the question of why, generally, tickets are better (presuming you consider them to be)?

Also, is it your intention, whether it is Yeraennus who is returned as Vice Delegate or some other candidate, to seek to involve the Vice Delegate in your government, if you are returned as Delegate?
Lest this was missed
I don't think tickets are inherently better. But I do think that the ticket/mutual-endorsment/frankenstein on which I run presents a good option to voters.

I'd be perfectly happy to involve any of the current VD candidates in the government, they all are quite active, and I know them all quite well.

What was your key achievement in the last term of government? You have served as a Justice and now as Home Affairs Minister, what was your key achievement in each role?

How important is being in-game active to you? Would you expect Ministers to maintain a strong presence to the game side/regional message board?

How will you keep your Ministers on track to meet your policy goals?

I have also asked Bootsie these questions. In my opinion you have been an extremely effective and active member of the Government for some time and I believe you will make an excellent Delegate. Delighted to see that you are running.

McMasterdonia:
What was your key achievement in the last term of government? You have served as a Justice and now as Home Affairs Minister, what was your key achievement in each role?
During my term as Justice I was honored to be one of the first justices to actually complete a successful in recent history, despite the extreme controversy over it. It was quite stressful (at least as stressful as I'd allow a browser game to be). As HA Minister I've managed to get my staff to finish at least a majority of the lists I post, and I've been auto-TGing thousands of nations (from a few different senders) weekly.

McMasterdonia:
How important is being in-game active to you? Would you expect Ministers to maintain a strong presence to the game side/regional message board?
It is important. Though I must say that my own in-game presence has been lackluster besides endotarting. I do believe nations who don't bother joining the forum should still be able to sense the presence elected regional government, as this may pique their interest in the offsite part of the game. This is something I mean to strive for as Delegate.

McMasterdonia:
How will you keep your Ministers on track to meet your policy goals?
Regular floggings reports, as well as bothering them on IRC/Discord.

McMasterdonia:
I have also asked Bootsie these questions. In my opinion you have been an extremely effective and active member of the Government for some time and I believe you will make an excellent Delegate. Delighted to see that you are running.
Thank you mummy! At least you believe in me!

Might I ask if there is a specific role intended for Yeraennus to play in your government if you are both returned (or, indeed, if you are returned but he is not)? Do you have any specific role that you would want a Vice Delegate to play regardless of who is returned?

Would you maintain the role of Chief of Staff in forming your government? If so, are there any changes you would make to the role, having served this term in the first government featuring it?

Do you believe scheduled cabinet meetings including all or most cabinet members in a live conversation are valuable, and why or why not?

If they are, how likely do you think it is that you would be able to hold them, and what could stop you?

I'd like to officially inquire on where you stand regarding the question of TNP's IM clients - do you prefer IRC or Discord, and if elected, do you intend to focus your efforts on one platform to the exclusion of others?

Eluvatar:
Do you believe scheduled cabinet meetings including all or most cabinet members in a live conversation are valuable, and why or why not?

If they are, how likely do you think it is that you would be able to hold them, and what could stop you?
I believe they could be valuable, especially regarding urgent matters that need to be discussed and finalized quickly. However, many of us are on different timezones, so scheduling them may prove difficult. I've found that my timezone has been out of the way of meetings held this term since I'm on the west coast and it appears the bulk of players are not. But if the need arises, I will see what I can do as Delegate.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I'd like to officially inquire on where you stand regarding the question of TNP's IM clients - do you prefer IRC or Discord, and if elected, do you intend to focus your efforts on one platform to the exclusion of others?
I have a personal preference for IRC. But considering Discords higher level of activity, especially with newer players, I will have to give Discord more attention in order to communicate with players.

What will a Plembobria delegacy do concerning TNP RP/how will a Plembobria delegacy improve it if needed?

plembobria:
Feel free to post any questions or accusations (real or imagined) that come to mind!
PEMBOBRIA WAS CAUGHT WITH 100% ACCURATE PHOTOS BRIBING THE ELECTORAL COMMISSION
BRIBES.png

Techislovakia:
plembobria:
Feel free to post any questions or accusations (real or imagined) that come to mind!
BRIBES.png

I knew it!

Zyvetskistaahn:
Might I ask if there is a specific role intended for Yeraennus to play in your government if you are both returned (or, indeed, if you are returned but he is not)? Do you have any specific role that you would want a Vice Delegate to play regardless of who is returned?
I want Yeraennus to be able to assist me in promoting the forum on offsite government in-game, a job uniquely suited for the VD because of their involvement with the citizenship process.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Would you maintain the role of Chief of Staff in forming your government? If so, are there any changes you would make to the role, having served this term in the first government featuring it?
I don't think I would retain the role. As far as I've seen there hasn't been much use for it this term. I could be wrong though.

Syrixia:
What will a Plembobria delegacy do concerning TNP RP/how will a Plembobria delegacy improve it if needed?
Well during my tenure as HA minister I've been sending TG's to dispatch posters at least biweekly to recruit for RP, but I don't have stats on its success. As an RPer myself, I will say that I'd be more sensitive to the needs of RPers then other past delegates may have been. (Though Boots is an RPer too, so I can't really say anything.)

The Government can promote and recruit for RP, but to grow and prosper it needs to be left to develop on it's own. It is by it's very nature a bottom-up activity. The government can foster an environment for quality RP by careful moderation, but it can't make good writers of people. :P The RP mods have been a tremendous help, and my administration will available to help RPers and RP mods out wherever necessary.

Techislovakia:
plembobria:
BRIBES.png
I deny that out of hand!!! :rofl: That was a quiet reference to the thegemini debacle that went on last election.

Do you think that the endorsement counts of the Security Council are at an acceptable level right now? What role do you think you could take as Delegate in improving counts?

Are there any particular policies that were started under the previous administration that you would like to see continued in your administration?

Your opponent has stated that he will assign consequences to Ministers who fail to meet targets/goals. How will you handle this?

Your opponent has stated that his platform outlines the good and the bad of his policies, while implying that your platform is not comprehensive. How would you respond to this?

Do you think that the endorsement counts of the Security Council are at an acceptable level right now? What role do you think you could take as Delegate in improving counts?
I think they could be improved. Many of our members are older players. Because of this they are trustworthy and reliable. But they also seem to have less time for tedious activities like tarting. High SC endocounts aren't as terribly important as they were before the advent of regional officers. While we should be vigilant for reckless tarters, we mustn't panic just because not all Security Councilors are in the top 10 most endorsed.

Are there any particular policies that were started under the previous administration that you would like to see continued in your administration?
I believe Raven's division of ministerial portfolio's is a good one that I don't think I'll be making any changes to.

Your opponent has stated that he will assign consequences to Ministers who fail to meet targets/goals. How will you handle this?
Flagellation! :npo: In all seriousness, I won't be assigning all or nothing (You shall do as I say or you shall be dismissed!) conditions on Ministers. I want them state their own goals realistically. And I'll see if we can supplement their responsibilities when they're unable. Ministers have staff after all!

Your opponent has stated that his platform outlines the good and the bad of his policies, while implying that your platform is not comprehensive. How would you respond to this?
My platform is quite comprehensive. I've outlined specific ministerial goals. While some may be vague, there is a central point: I want to monitor the progress of the executive, and (gently!) prod people where they're inactive.

I am very glad to see Plemby run. Based on my past experience working with him, and also after having read the two delegate campaign threads, I have decided I will be supporting Plemby for delegate.

Plemby has been a very hard and methodical worker, in the various roles he's occupied. Despite only being Minister of Home Affairs for the past semester, I'd say he's been basically running the department for at least three terms now, be it as deputy minister or just very active executive staff member. He has been keeping our mass-telegramming page, happenings queries, and other integration tools busy more or less non-stop, and has also been one of our most consistent manual recruiters. The fact that we have a persistent and strong stream of citizenship, NPA and Executive Staff applicants is, to a large extent, thanks to these efforts. What's more, he's been continuously performing these tedious tasks despite the fact that this work almost always takes place quietly in the background and receives little recognition.

Likewise, Plemby has been one of the most dedicated SC members. Thanks to consistent and effective endotarting, he has been consistently ranked second or third in endorsements in the region, and has risen to the second place in influence. This is also reflected in his recent placement near the top of the succession list.

I am looking forward to Plemby, as delegate, applying these same qualities to all areas of the Executive Government.

I've been having a hard time choosing between the two candidates. They are both excellent in my opinion; and they both have their own amazing qualities. However, r3n's post finally broke the glass for me, turning 50-50 into 51-49.

Plemby, you've got my vote! :D

r3naissanc3r:
I am very glad to see Plemby run. Based on my past experience working with him, and also after having read the two delegate campaign threads, I have decided I will be supporting Plemby for delegate.

Plemby has been a very hard and methodical worker, in the various roles he's occupied. Despite only being Minister of Home Affairs for the past semester, I'd say he's been basically running the department for at least three terms now, be it as deputy minister or just very active executive staff member. He has been keeping our mass-telegramming page, happenings queries, and other integration tools busy more or less non-stop, and has also been one of our most consistent manual recruiters. The fact that we have a persistent and strong stream of citizenship, NPA and Executive Staff applicants is, to a large extent, thanks to these efforts. What's more, he's been continuously performing these tedious tasks despite the fact that this work almost always takes place quietly in the background and receives little recognition.

Likewise, Plemby has been one of the most dedicated SC members. Thanks to consistent and effective endotarting, he has been consistently ranked second or third in endorsements in the region, and has risen to the second place in influence. This is also reflected in his recent placement near the top of the succession list.

I am looking forward to Plemby, as delegate, applying these same qualities to all areas of the Executive Government.
ily5eva r3n!

Syrixia:
I've been having a hard time choosing between the two candidates. They are both excellent in my opinion; and they both have their own amazing qualities. However, r3n's post finally broke the glass for me, turning 50-50 into 51-49.

Plemby, you've got my vote! :D
tyty! Have a button!

This has been one of the hardest elections for me in terms of decision making. On one hand, we have an experienced, outgoing Vice Delegate who has proven himself to be a valuable asset to our region, and on the other hand, we have a highly successful expert of TNP law that has equally proven himself to be a capable administrator through his work in the Home Affairs Ministry and the Security Council. Both candidates are highly active, and there is no question that both have the potential to make great Delegates.

However in the end, one can only vote for one person per position, and I am happy and proud to announce that I will be voting for Plembobria for Delegate. Plemby's success in the Home Affairs Ministry, his work as a Court Justice, and his commitment to our regional security through his role as Security Councillor makes him the right candidate at the right time for the right job. He has proven himself to highly valuable member of our region, and I wish him the best of luck in this election.

~ Tomb

Back