Non-canon RP idea

Cogoria - Yes, they would, but when the seismic activity ceases, so does the volcanic activity. The volcanoes tend to be more central Xentherida, west of BC.

Also Cogoria, are you gonna make a post for day 34 (counting backwards), or should I advance it now by picking up the Nebulan scientists and delivering them to the Special Situations HQ? And does any other nation wish to get involved by sending scientists?

Cogoria, for the last time, do not rush ahead. It takes time to prepare a riot force (and doing it 3 days in advance is completely unnecessary), and it takes time to gather resources for power plants, much less begin building them! Additionally, there is no point for your leader to keep control, as there are no forms of communications available, and he has absolutely no control over what they can do.

Next, keep it realistic. It takes more than 24 hours to ready "batallions of army engineers" and get supplies needed. And even longer to build nuclear reactors (in many countries, it takes 4-6 years!). And who will make sure they run properly and don't meltdown?

Finally, please reduce the amount of people saved; as proved time and time again, 10 million is ridiculously unsustainable!

The reactors are already there, they aren't buiding them they're getting them ready for when they need to be turned on, which also takes time. As for the battalions, that was more my bad wording, they're arriving in the area, and the units that arrive first are sending reports on whether they feel they can ever make the mines into viable shelters. As for the 24 hours, I thought we were on day three?

And as for the Ten million, I said that I had enough shelters for that many, shelters designed for nuclear war. Never said how many would survive. I plan on RPing that the Oktobergrad shelter survives, the governmental shelter plus one other city's. which will amount to about 1,500,000 people grand total, but was going to get to that in the RP, please don't just hate on people for not revealing their future plans early on in discussions

I know, I'm just getting miffed about how this happens, due to my mis-reading and the lack of my knowledge of the past of Cogoria. Also, we're on day 2, not 3: It started about 3am on 35, and the post of mine prior to yours was about 5am on day 34. For this latest post, it's mid-day/afternoon on day 34. Next will be 33, and the announcement is on day 30.

Well following the Pelhafor crisis (I think that happened in current time while yours is 2021) The nation got paranoid about nuclear war due to the large number of nuclear powers that were aligned against us at that time, and due to Cogoria's lack of nuclear weapons the only defence was to dig plenty of shelters

That clears it up a lot; I haven't really read about the crisis in depth, and sorta have no idea what's happening. My only problem is who would keep the bunkers running, and do all of the work to keep them in operation? For nuclear reactors, that needs a lot of people, and not everyone is qualified in nuclear physics, and it is difficult to do maintain a reactor.

Another few questions are how many are expected to actually survive? How will they survive; where will their food and water and other things come from? Will they have sufficient medical equipment? etc.

Well Cogoria will start making a list of people to save. Eventually the different shelters will descend into anarchy, medicines will become increasinly rare as the finite supply runs out, water will come from filters and wells, and in dire circumstances condensation collectors. Teams may be sent on long treks to the sea to collect salt water for boiling into fresh water. Initial population surviving will be around 1,500,000 initially but will dwindle. Now do you want me to tell you everything and not bother RPing it and just tell you how my nation will end?

I just needed some clarification on what's to happen, keeping it realistic, although the governmental policies will take a backseat after my next post. For me, about 6,000 may survive, with 15 per bunker with 400 bunkers dotted around the nation. Water will be obtained by wells and through stock, and food is all stored. Electricity will be obtained by geothermal means, and occasionally biomass/coal/oil.

The bunkers were made around the time of the previous cold war between Syrixia and Nebula, and I made myself a nuclear power. We were also prepared for a nuclear war, hence the bunkers, which are all mainly in the big cities.

Nice post, Sorik! Don't worry about being too late to the party, we're only in the second day of this. Keep tuned for more!

Also, this asteroid will kill absolutely everyone unprepared. And would you like to send scientists, or maybe donate some nukes?

We will send a science team, along with our seven largest warheads. The warheads are all <1 megaton but we have a way to chain them together for a greater effect. Arriving by our fastest ships they will be there in fewer than three days. Unfortunately the recent global economic downturn caused us to mothball the bulk of our space program, but we are currently remotely re-positioning our Omega 76 space station to turn its formidable sensor arrays on the comet. In two days we will have prepped and launched a rocket to take a three person team to the station. Once there, they will reconfigure the sensors for the task and complete an uplink to your HQ. These actions will cause the station's orbit to fatally decay in 60 days, but we believe this will give us the very best monitoring of the object possible.

Piscivore:
We will send a science team, along with our seven largest warheads. The warheads are all <1 megaton but we have a way to chain them together for a greater effect. Arriving by our fastest ships they will be there in fewer than three days. Unfortunately the recent global economic downturn caused us to mothball the bulk of our space program, but we are currently remotely re-positioning our Omega 76 space station to turn its formidable sensor arrays on the comet. In two days we will have prepped and launched a rocket to take a three person team to the station. Once there, they will reconfigure the sensors for the task and complete an uplink to your HQ. These actions will cause the station's orbit to fatally decay in 60 days, but we believe this will give us the very best monitoring of the object possible.
Sounds awesome! Just say that all in the RP and we'll reply gratefully. As only Nebula has donated teams, getting scientists from Eras' most intelligent nation would be a huge help.

The next post of mine will go after a few more people have posted for today.

Nope was just wondering if it would affect any cultural things, it being in June means nothing will be really affected :)

Everyone's got their post down. Perrfect..

My next post will be tomorrow. It'll be twisty...

*cackles maniacally*

Perrfect. Now the chaos begins.

The only thing I would consider changing is from 'most life' to 'all life'. It will obliterate pretty much everything, maybe aside from the rare extremophile.

And to others, despite Nebula's jump to 8am, we are still generally at about Midnight Xentheridan time. Check the cartography nexus for the time zone maps.

You can if you want; I only really needed to traumatise them. The next post of mine will be a jump to the next day when order's finally been restored.

Also, there's now 33 days to go, seeing as Hans died just after midnight.

Alright, holding off the main, governmental portion of my post, to allow you all to introduce your main characters. Let them riot, go crazy, etc, for the day. But remember, this person has to somehow make it into the bunker. You must be dedicated to continue their story to get into the bunker.

You don't have to post frequently, and they can get in early. But if they're in early, I would appreciate it if PM'd me so I can help organise them in discovering the bunker ("ooh I stumbled upon it by accident" will not do) by working with people who know of its existence.

Also, current allotted time period for their anarchy, orgies, etc., is 24 hours, ending at 11:59 pm of the current day; make their activities fit into the time slot. I'm trying to pace this RP, and not let it fly ahead and finish in 2 pages.

Xentherida:
Alright, holding off the main, governmental portion of my post, to allow you all to introduce your main characters. Let them riot, go crazy, etc, for the day. But remember, this person has to somehow make it into the bunker. You must be dedicated to continue their story to get into the bunker.

You don't have to post frequently, and they can get in early. But if they're in early, I would appreciate it if PM'd me so I can help organise them in discovering the bunker ("ooh I stumbled upon it by accident" will not do) by working with people who know of its existence.
Actually, since my girl is a field biologist wandering around alone in the wilderness of Xentherida looking at bugs and plants, it seems likely that she would stumble across it... maybe finding the fence line and following it to the entrance.

Do you have other ideas?

Chosen as a part of a government program. Relation to another person's main character. Runs into them; either helps or is helped by main character. Told of location by someone, typically in the Xentheridan government.

Although, if they are exploring the wilderness, there would be a good chance of them finding it, but how they would open it would be impossible. This bunker was meant as the personal place as the Xentheridan PM, so it would be a) guarded (but the guards will probably flee) and b) locked with codes/keys. These can be hacked, however, but only in the later stages of the RP, when the guards have defected.

Ok, that's fine too. Maybe she convinces them to join somehow, offering a skill that they may need (I.e. Medical aid, rationing advice, etc).

For now, get Nor to work, or let him have a night of debauchery in the heart of the nation. And did you want to RP our mystery guest?

If so, just set him up, really. Name, etc.

Actually, although hopefully this shouldn't have a detrimental effect, the current date (t-minus 33) is now August 8th. This is because a potential Saviour impact day is to coincide with National Xentherida day (3rd Sep), etc etc revolution, etc etc.

I'm gonna post again on the weekend. The next one will be set on T-minus 32, at approximately 2 am.

This should help by moving it along so others can post.

Back