Quantum Pact OOC

Xentherida

TNPer
-
-
Seeing as we are entering a sort of new age, in terms of alliances, I thought I would establish one, similar in aspects to Trillium, but with less emphasis on military-related issues; it would typically concern economic and political issues, working something like the EU, mixed with a treaty of co-operation.

It would involve a military alliance/mutual defence treaty, free movement/visa-less travel, a potential lessening of tariffs, co-operation between governments in crises, organised humanitarian aid, the sharing of certain technologies, and other diplomatic necessities.

Currently, the members I am inviting are Nebula, Syrixia, and Wolfsea; however, if you would like to be a part, do ask.

For now, the name I am proposing is the "Quantum Pact", and the headquarters would rotate along the roster, beginning with the Xentheridan city of Cosonia, going in reverse alphabetical order.

Once the basics to this pact are worked out, I will begin to write the charter.

Please post your thoughts below!

It would involve a military alliance/mutual defence treaty, free movement/visa-less travel, a potential lessening of tariffs, co-operation between governments in crises, organised humanitarian aid, the sharing of certain technologies, and other diplomatic necessities.

Considering that The Rose League is a Stellae Partner for Peace aligned with the Trillium Alliance and has a charter that covers all of these topics / areas, can you enlighten me on how the above quote will differ in your alliance compared to what the S.P.P. does? Note... I'm not against more alliances, I'm just genuinely curious to see the differences.

I'm not sure this will do anything but create unnecessary tribalistic rivalries between Trillium and Quantum, but I do like the name.

Kannex:
I'm not sure this will do anything but create unnecessary tribalistic rivalries between Trillium and Quantum, but I do like the name.
There don't need to be tribalistic rivalries; further co-operation can go on between the alliances. In this case, this is basically a pact of co-operation between these particular nations, and it is quite similar to the SPP. However, as I am still quite unsure what the SPP does exactly, would you be able to PM me -as to not go off-topic- to enlighten me on it? I cannot seem to find any particular details to it. Either way, I need to do more on working out the finer details, but I am on holiday in northern Wales, with not as many tools to use; the phone signal is non-existent, and wifi is bad.

Also, will the people invited join the alliance, and would others like to.

Xentherida:
Kannex:
There don't need to be tribalistic rivalries; further co-operation can go on between the alliances. In this case, this is basically a pact of co-operation between these particular nations, and it is quite similar to the SPP. However, as I am still quite unsure what the SPP does exactly, would you be able to PM me -as to not go off-topic- to enlighten me on it? I cannot seem to find any particular details to it. Either way, I need to do more on working out the finer details, but I am on holiday in northern Wales, with not as many tools to use; the phone signal is non-existent, and wifi is bad.

Also, will the people invited join the alliance, and would others like to.
To clarify for everyone, the Stellae Partnership for Peace is the nonmilitary portion. S.P.P. members are not bound by the mutual defense treaty; cooperation is limited to economic, political, cultural, scientific, and military exercises.

I would suggest making the Quantum Pact into something along the lines of that, so that Kannex may join.

Kannex:
so that Kannex may join.
nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope
nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

Sigh... again... "this is why we can't have nice things"... Too much bad blood between Nebula, Syrixia and Kannex. It's bound to blow up in everyone's face eventually...

Well! Time to grab the popcorn and watch the drama unfold.

Xentherida:
similar in aspects to Trillium, but with less emphasis on military-related issues;
Uhm... That is exactly the Trillium's Stellae Partner's for Peace program, the non military aspect of the Trillium Alliance designed to grow cooperation, growth, advancement, and mutual understanding among other things between nations. The Trillium and the SPP are seeking peace and cooperation; and to bring nations together.

Xentherida:
it would typically concern economic and political issues, working something like the EU, mixed with a treaty of co-operation... ...free movement/visa-less travel, a potential lessening of tariffs, co-operation between governments in crises, organised humanitarian aid, the sharing of certain technologies, and other diplomatic necessities.
Nightsong:
Considering that The Rose League is a Stellae Partner for Peace aligned with the Trillium Alliance and has a charter that covers all of these topics / areas, can you enlighten me on how the above quote will differ in your alliance compared to what the S.P.P. does? Note... I'm not against more alliances, I'm just genuinely curious to see the differences.
Trillium Charter- Creation of a mutual defensive pact and cooperative operation between member nations and those in the Trillium's SPP program.

SPP Program's Charter:
Article 3 through Article 5 of the S.P.P. charter lays out military joint training for cooperation without any requirements for war and and improving relations, information exchange, etc.
Article 4 specifically deals with consultation of individual nations that believe their security or integrity are at risk.
Article 7 specifically includes individually tailored Cultural, Scientific, Travel, Educational, and Economic initiatives.

Xentherida:
However, as I am still quite unsure what the SPP does exactly... I cannot seem to find any particular details to it.
The Trillium charter and the S.P.P. charter can be found <here>.

Xentherida:
Currently, the members I am inviting are Nebula, Syrixia, and Wolfsea; however, if you would like to be a part, do ask.
Just a thought, and one that would seem to be more efficient and such. Since the S.P.P. is a cooperative framework to build peace among members, all members... and it contains all the parts mentioned as part of the Quantum pact, why don't you apply to join the Trillium Alliance or the Trillium's S.P.P. program?

Xentherida:
For now, the name I am proposing is the "Quantum Pact", and the headquarters would rotate along the roster, beginning with the Xentheridan city of Cosonia, going in reverse alphabetical order.
That is a catchy name. On a side note, a constantly changing headquarters sounds good but I think would be horribly expensive, and terribly inefficient as they'd be constantly packing and unpacking a HQ that operates in essence what the Trillium and the Trillium's SPP already has established.

Xentherida:
There don't need to be tribalistic rivalries; further co-operation can go on between the alliances.
If the alliances achieve roughly the same goal, what might having, as far as I can tell, a near duplicate achieve other than being another 'tribe'/rival?

@Kannex: It depends if you and Nebula don't melt each other's faces off on how it goes, the relations between members, and what you would think of Quantum.

@Ceretis: I swear I haven't ruthlessly plagiarised SPP; this is supposed to be.. uh... different? There is less emphasis on diplomacy (the flip-flopping) and working to peace, for Quantum is meant to be more of a mutually beneficial program than anything. It combines multiple nations, giving economic, military, and political advantages, such as free/er trade.

Ok, yes, the Trillium part is basically our military program, but there is a supposed emphasis less on it; for instance, while there is mutual defence, we will not go to war if one of our members is the aggressor. As we are not so much a group but a charter that each upholds to assist each other, this is not seen as a group, not seen as "Quantum", but instead with each nation reflecting itself in its own individuality. Diplomacy is not done as a group.

Also, once more, nothing yet is set in stone, and even if there were rotating HQs, it would be years, decades, before each switch, and each nation would instead designate an already existing building instead of making a new one, and... yeah actually rotating HQs is kinda ineffective. Striking that down, instead each member nations can propose their HQ, and a vote can be had to determine its location.

Also, just because there are tribes does not necessarily mean that they will resent each other, especially if prior they already had good relations. There can be programs uniting the two alliances in war games, diplomatic missions, all sorts of things; think something along the lines of the UK-US "special relationship".

EDIT: Edited for clarity and because my abhorrent phrasing. No, not that kind.. damn it.

Ok, yes, the Trillium part is basically our military program, but there is a supposed emphasis less on it; for instance, while there is mutual defence, we will not go to war if one of our members is the aggressor. As we are not so much a group but a charter that each upholds to assist each other, this is not seen as a group, not seen as "Quantum", but instead with each nation reflecting itself in its own individuality. Diplomacy is not done as a group.

Point of clarity in what seems a comparison to the Trillium. We (Trillium) also are not bound to go to war should a member be the aggressor, but this also does not prevent members acting as individuals and coming to the aid of their ally in need or providing counsel. We are individuals who work together as a group in order to bring about the desired ends. Though we may act as a single voice in certain situations that does not prevent us from acting or performing diplomacy as an individual.

Ceretis:

Point of clarity in what seems a comparison to the Trillium. We (Trillium) also are not bound to go to war should a member be the aggressor, but this also does not prevent members acting as individuals and coming to the aid of their ally in need or providing counsel. We are individuals who work together as a group in order to bring about the desired ends. Though we may act as a single voice in certain situations that does not prevent us from acting or performing diplomacy as an individual.
And that's one of the few differences between Quantum and Trillium; the aspect of individuality is here, and there is not so much "desired ends" in this group as each nation working outside the alliance for their aims. And yes, we too don't disallow members to assist an attacker in a war; it is merely that the instant unanimous response in war is only defensive.

Also, seeing as this is sorted, would you want to join Quantum, Ceretis? :P

A cartoon was shown in the Karthied Herald featuring a talking number three and a talking number four. The three asks the four, "What's the big difference between us anyway?" to which the four replies, "Well there's one more of me for starters."

:P

Waiting on a reply from Syrixia and Wolfsea to see if they're interested. Otherwise, this'll be changed into a pact between me and Nebula.

I'm currently not interested, but should Syrixia's process toward Trillium membership (starting with the upcoming SPP) membership ever go south, I can imagine them joining.

Syrixia:
I'm currently not interested, but should Syrixia's process toward Trillium membership (starting with the upcoming SPP) membership ever go south, I can imagine them joining.
:cry: plz no
y u do dis

Back