The Buyout

TNP Nation
Demescia
Thomas_Ren.png
coollogo_com-22751861.png
The Zeitgeist - 7/24/16
"A rendezvous is expected to happen this evening in Domo between Alicia Durand (CEO of the tech giant, Thomas•Ren) and Georgo Chancel (CEO of the Demescian technology company, Telogy Inc.) to negotiate a buyout of Telogy Inc. Mrs. Durand stated that the reason she has interest in the company is because [bgcolor=#fff]'Telogy shares many of the interests that Thomas•Ren, which include providing its customers with the latest in technology, stretching the limits of Artificial Intelligence, and creating exemplary hardware and software for its newest devices.'[/bgcolor] If this buyout succeeds, the economic bond between Demescia and Guslantis will be imminent. For me though, a popular company like Thomas•Ren partially controls the profit and management of a lesser known Demescian company seems out of this world."

Passage written by Onith Angues

09:52:07
There's a slight drizzle outside; the light from the orange streetlights and bustling shops and restaurants combined illuminated the otherwise dark night.

Chancel waits in a comfortable leather seat near the window, expecting Mrs. Durand to enter any minute. He feels like he has done a nice job selecting the right place for this occassion: a sizable yet moderately loud eatery in Domo's Agora district. Abstract paintings and lights cover the lemon-chiffon-colored walls; the low-pitched background noise of patrons speaking, mixed with the barely audible New Wave music, echoes. "Hopefully, her trip to Demescia went well," Chancel thinks to himself, before he drinks more oenomel, "Bad service from our public transport could ruin her mood and potentially make her irritable, and that'd ruin both the opportunity and a wonderful meal."

Alicia, dressed in a blue dress suit and wearing her glasses, walked into the meeting with the CEO of Telogy. To most, she was known as the most important woman other than the Queen in Guslantis. Here, she was the head of the largest technological provider in the world. She was joined by two men, David Mitchell of Ren Industries, and Josh Douglas, also of Ren. She was excited to make a deal with Telogy, their potential was very good, and of course it meant that the strongest would be made stronger. She looked to Mitchell, and he gave her a look she knew. He had a plan, and so did she, but if they aligned, that was yet to be seen. She approached the table, and was quick to introduce herself.

"Hello, nice to meet you. My name is Alicia Durand, though you can call me Mrs. Burns, Mrs. Durand, or Alicia," she said, shaking Chancel's hand firmly. Mitchell and Douglas also exchanged handshakes with Chancel, before all three took a seat. "Mr. Chancel, this is Dr. David Mitchell, who is currently leading the Development Staff of our esteemed GusNet 2.0, I'm sure you've heard of it. He's here today representing our daughter company, Ren Industries. Dr. Mitchell is a brilliant young man, and I do hope you'll take his advice in matters relating to hardware and mechanics. Accompanying him is Mr. Joshua Douglas, an exemplary team leader employed for Thomas•Ren, and is very experienced in leading entire groups of people. Anything either of you would like to say or ask? I'm sure our host would be happy to answer any questions you may have," said Alicia.

"Yeah, I do," stated Dr. Mitchell, leaning forward. "If we weren't offering to take the major reins over this entire operation, where do you see Telogy going in five years? What devices do you see being released by it? What major improvements do you see Telogy making?" The waitress came by, and handed each person a menu. Alicia began to look it over, while Mitchell continued to stare at Chancel, waiting for an answer that impressed him. Alicia might be the face of Thomas•Ren, but he was the one who needed to ask the tougher questions.

"I'll have the crab platter, and a glass of water," Alicia told the waitress, handing her the menu. She was hungry, and really didn't care if Mitchell continued to talk for her. She was probably going to eat the entire crab, and she didn't care. Douglas ordered for himself and Mitchell, and the waitress took the menus and walked back toward the kitchen. The trio expected a nice evening, and didn't think Domo was as bad as they expected. Telogy would soon be theirs, if Chancel answered correctly. No pressure, of course.

Has a news representative in Guslantis from Lord Emmanuel, I moved in to where the meeting is taking place in order to get some foreign business news for our country.

He glances at the apparent journalist; while he'd normally get annoyed about someone coming and eavesdropping, there's a bigger matter on the table. He's being questioned to make sure that Telogy Inc. is the company Thomas•Ren. A slip-up would not only make them uninterested, but potentially tarnish the reputation of the company. His company is already starting become global, and he's not planning on making the trend stop any time soon.

He turns to the waiter [bgcolor=#fff]"I'll have the clam chowder."[/bgcolor] Then he turns back to Dr. Mitchell, the man with the query. Quickly, he answers.

[bgcolor=#fff]"In five years, I see Telogy Inc. becoming a dominant company in the world market. I see a future of connectivity among individuals like never before. We're currently working on making it happen; we've planned many updates to the current version of BOUZA. For example, we're adding Low Yeraenn translations, better website ranking, and even "BOUZA Communities" where you can search for popular forums or community that fit your needs."

"AIs are rather new to our production, but so far sales have been decent. Blue-collared jobs and economic positions are finding more need for the machines, and so we're designing updates to improve intellect, mobility, and response time. All of our robotic AI are synced, meaning they receive updates at the same time."

"AEON will also experience upgrades. So far, we already achieved our goal to provide our customers with a reliable, flexible, multi-tasking operating system entirely customizable to fit the user's needs. We've also succeeded in making the operating system compatible with a multitude of hardware. Our next step would be making sure that the auxiliary and optional applications are working like they should. One of our great idea-men suggested a more in-depth file search in our file explorer, the workings being similar to BOUZA to an extent. For that I gave him a bonus. The update should be implemented in the near future. Like our limited yet increasing supply of sentient AIs, our OS is synced."

"In a nutshell, we strive every day to provide our clients with amazing service from our amazing software and hardware. You shouldn't think for a second that we're running low on creativity."[/bgcolor]

"That should give our eavesdropper something about," he thinks to himself, satisfied by his professional-yet-as-confident-as-possible answer.

Back