Democratic Anti-Aggression Accords

Praetor

Hoppin' Around
TNP Nation
Praeceps
Discord
Praetor#6889
Greetings, Praeceps.

I'm contacting The North Pacific on behalf of Grand Central and Stationmaster Ikania as the Foreign Affairs Regent, and would like to invite your to a convention being hosted by our region in response to the recent GCR Sovereignty Accords signed by the governments of Balder, The Pacific, and The West Pacific, which emphasizes the legitimacy of whichever government holds the delegacy as opposed to the democratically elected government. The convention we are hosting, officially titled the "Democratic Anti-Aggression Accords", will emphasize the importance of a democratic and fair government being supported at all times, even despite what the Delegate may declare.

If your region is interested in participating, please contact me and we at GC will be happy to host you. If not, we wish you the best and hope then that your region continues to pursue the path of the people. The forum link for the accords is http://s15.zetaboards.com/The_Accords/index/

Thank you for your consideration and time.

Signed,
Vapid Vasentius, Foreign Affairs Regent of Grand Central

This telegram was just sent to me by the person who signed it.

In my opinion we should at least attend the convention even if we decide beforehand that we won't sign anything.

They most likely have invited a number of large regions to attend. It would be beneficial for us to at least be at the table. This would enable for us to influence the outcome of the convention as well regardless of whether we sign anything or not.

Unless the results from the convention are remarkable, I would not be in favour of signing anything. We have no relations with Grand Central; in April we denied a request for an embassy with us. As well, if the accords are anything similar to that of GCR Sovereignty Accords there would be the danger of having to recognize governments that we do not recognize.

Grand Central just hit us with recruitment spam didn't they? Why the hell should we even consider them a legitimate player?

Like IndieGirl said, I think one of us should attend, but not actually sign anything or make any official decisions as a representative of The North Pacific.

I agree with everyone else that we shouldn't sign anything with them but It would be nice for us to attend just to observe and take notes of things that might affect us In the future.

I'm not sure how well they'd take us saying, "sure we'll observe but..." - they are not, in my opinion, a region we want to be associated with on any scale of permenance: let us remember what role Feux maintains in their community. They are not, despite whatever facade they portray, a friend to us or the notion of Democracy. Lazarus was democratic before Feux couped it once he was about to lose an election to imperialists.

Feux was shafted by Ivan - The Pacific - and Elegarth, now TWPDel ascended in his place. I'm also not a fan of allowing Grand Central, a region which is also on our counter recruitment script - host the terms or agenda of such an important topic.

That said, attending would legitimise them, and would definitely impact our foreign policy: we may not be on stellar terms with The Pacific or Balder these days, but I see no reason to necessarily attend a conference which would have the effect of baiting a bull.

Given it's run by GC, we should just say "no thanks" and ignore it completely: neither attend, nor of course sign anything.

r3naissanc3r:
Given it's run by GC, we should just say "no thanks" and ignore it completely: neither attend, nor of course sign anything.
Agreed. They are trying to use this as an opportunity to shore up their FA relations given poor choices that they've made in the past.

I would suggest consulting with other friendly GCRs, sharing our concerns regarding Grand Central. If our friends ask us to join them there, perhaps we can do that, but otherwise I'd stay out.

Another concern I have - expanding from what I touched upon above - we may not be on the best of terms with two of the signatories of that sovereignty agreement but I am expecting Osiris to sign - given Grand Central's hostile position towards Osiris, I can see this invitation as an attempt to try and manipulate us into a position there we have to denounce the other regions who have signed those accords.

The intent of this conference is inherently aggressive I think, and I don't like the idea of being played as a chess piece by them. I also don't view these accords as a massive thing, I could see them coming - given Balder's support of the NLO, TWPs shift towards autocracy, Ivan's work to rebuild TP and Cormac currying favour with him. Granted Elegarth could be sceptical of such a move, given TWP doesn't like Cormac much, but I doubt any of the Guardians in TWP would care too much.

As for allies: I can't see Glen Rhodes in tSP, or anyone in TEP agreeing to attend such a conference. Same for Albion/Europeia but I can confirm with Olivia/Fairy/Cassius and Trin later if necessary.

I now agree that we shouldn't even attend.

It doesn't seem like it is succeeding currently, there's only two members on the forum.

It would be nice to know what is going on but it anything does happen it seems likely we'd find out anyways.

Back