Discord
Praetor#6889
mofa_seal.png

THE NORTH PACIFIC
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

26th June 2016
Magicality City, The North Pacific

Opening Statement and Roll Call

Hello everyone, I am Praetor and I am the new Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific. I joined the region in February and a while later, I joined the forum. I am readily willing to admit that I am inexperienced, however, I am committed to learning about The North Pacific's Foreign Affairs and getting this Ministry running again. I am learning quickly of the characteristics needing for the individual undertaking this role and Lord Ravenclaw, Bootsie and the rest of the team have been remarkably helpful in assisting me adjust to the position.

In the past while, our diplomatic service has suffered a lapse of activity and subsequently, our embassies have suffered. I aim to set up a system where by the end of this term our diplomatic service is running smoothly again and will perpetuate itself.

My two main priorities for this term are to restructure the organization of Foreign Affairs (hierarchy, roles, embassies on our forums, communication, etc.) and to create a monthly activity for the nations in our embassies to complete. These are absolutely necessary tasks for us to complete to ensure that Foreign Affairs runs smoothly and that our embassies will always be active. I would also like for us to create community-wide events but that is not the priority as of now.

The immediate focus for now is to restructure our internal organization. I have some initial thoughts on the matter; I would appreciate feedback and any other ideas. I'd like to expand the variety of roles available. Here is my proposal.

Member:
As a member of the Executive Staff this would be your default role. Your job here would be to contribute to the Ministry by providing new ideas and feedback. Most members would not remain simply a member long as they progress onto another role.

Ambassador:
As an Ambassador, you will represent The North Pacific in other regions with which we have an embassy. Nothing changed from the previous role of an ambassador.

Chargé d'Affaires:
As a chargé d'affaire, you represent The North Pacific in regions with which we have established formal relations but we have not yet decided to create an embassy with them.

Consul:
As a consul, you represent The North Pacific in regions with which he have not yet established formal relations but we have an interest in improving our relationship with.

Senior Diplomat:
A Senior Diplomat is experienced in the NS affairs and diplomacy. A senior diplomat will have had experience working with a wide variety of regions in NS. They most likely have had significant experience handling crises. They are responsible for assisting the Delegate and the Minister in handling major crises, resolving crises and overseeing minor crises.

Diplomat:
A Diplomat is a position inferior to the Senior Diplomat. They most likely have had experience working with a variety of regions and have minor experience handling crises. They will observe the resolvement of crises, and participate in resolving crises with oversight from a Senior Diplomat.

Junior Diplomat:
A Junior Diplomat is the most junior position in the Diplomatic Corps. They most likely have worked with a few regions. They observe the resolvement of crises of Diplomats but do not participate. This is a training role with promotion to Diplomat.

I also am mulling the creation of a support staff who would assist the Ministry in various ways such as the drafting of documents but would appreciate initial feedback on my proposal first.

I'd like to know which of you are active and who isn't. As well, I'd like to get some initial ideas from you all, as well as some background about your history in diplomacy. If you could all fill out the form below, I would very much appreciate it. If you do not respond to this, I will assume you are inactive. If you are unsure of the answer to a question or do not know, please just write that. There are no wrong answers. :)

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service:[/b]

[b]Length of time in diplomacy and where:[/b]

[b]Regions you have positive relations with:[/b]

[b]Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each:[/b]

[b]What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization?[/b]

For those of you with extensive diplomatic service (you most likely know who you are) I do not need an answer for the third and fourth questions.

Finally, I would like to encourage all of you to join us on the Discord Ministry of Foreign Affairs Channel on the Executive Server. I've found that while the forum is useful for issues like this that Discord complements it nicely for instantaneous conversations that are saved.

I look forward to working with all of you!

Thank you for your time,

Praetor

Name: Bootsie

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: Probably since I've been here...

Length of time in diplomacy and where: Same as above, only served in TNP.

Regions you have positive relations with: The Feeders, Europeia, and Wintreath.

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: The East Pacific (for a while) and Albion (just taken about six months - a year ago)

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? Sounds good to me, Mr. Minister.

Sorry for my lack of specific time periods, time has become a bit of a blur to me over the years.

Name::Emperor Scott (Emperor of the Hesskin Empire)

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service:: Ive just started today, but im really excited

Length of time in diplomacy and where::I have only had diplomacy in other games, none on NS, but i am eager to learn

Regions you have positive relations with::None really, wasnt very active until i joined TNP

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each::None yet

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization?:Sounds good!

Name:

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: 4 or so years

Length of time in diplomacy and where: 4 or so years. Many different regions.

Regions you have positive relations with:nfeeders and sinkers. Generally I have good relations with all regions we have shared a longer partnership with.

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: I was ambassador to TSP for some years and have served in other roles as required.

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? far too bureaucratic with many positions. I firmly believe in keeping it simple silly.

Name: Lord Ravenclaw

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: Just over a year.

Length of time in diplomacy and where: There's too much to list here.

Regions you have positive relations with: There's too many to list here. You'd be best asking what regions I don't.

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: None.

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? Try and keep things simple for the moment. Anything that requires a lot of work will put people off.

Name:

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: ~a month

Length of time in diplomacy and where: UK, May-Present

Regions you have positive relations with: the U.K?

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: U.K May-Present

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? Keep it kind of basic, or I will get lost :p

Name: Cronaal/Felis

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: A few days. I was also a member for an undefined amount of time in September-October 2015 before I abruptly left TNP.

Length of time in diplomacy and where: Nowhere, :c

Regions you have positive relations with: Albion and the Kingdom of Alexandria.

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: Also nowhere!

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? Seems fine!

Name: Kasch

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: About 8 days.

Length of time in diplomacy and where: This is my first experience with FA, so nothing yet.

Regions you have positive relations with: None so far.

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: None.

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? I like it and I hope that it works out. Foreign Affairs is looking good for the next term or two.

Name: stalin1953

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: I do not remember

Length of time in diplomacy and where: I used to be the Ambassador to Lazarus, the New Inquisition, Independent Order and Stargate.

Regions you have positive relations with: None

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: None

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? Very good

Name: Mister Masses

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: November 6, 2015

Length of time in diplomacy and where: November 20, 2015 in The Pacific

Regions you have positive relations with: TNP, The Pacific, TEP

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: Ambassador to The Pacific since November 20, 2015

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? I'm glad to see more hierarchy within the organization and greater structure in general. I'm hoping everyone rises to the occasion and we have enough participants to make things work! Please let me know what I can do to be of further assistance.

Name: TNP Nation is Hexcon, Main Nation is Realm of Councilry, forum name is 21micfol

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: Since early or mid May I believe

Length of time in diplomacy and where:

Regions you have positive relations with: The Western Isles (we don't have embassies), The Union of the Royal Alliance (we don't have embassies), Europeia

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: none, would love to be an ambassador though!

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? Very good. Great idea.

Thank you everyone who has provided feedback so far. I appreciate everyone's opinion as they have all been valuable to me and I will make changes accordingly. :)

mcmasterdonia, I currently have you listed for several different regions. I assume you are fine remaining as Ambassador to those regions?

To all of those who have not yet responded, you must either notify me explaining why you are unable to do so or reply by July 6th. After that time, I will begin to remove you from the Diplomatic Corps and assign your region to another individual. :cry:

Thanks again to everyone who posted! :ya:

Name: Hermaes

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: 5 days

Length of time in diplomacy and where: 5 days in the TNP (I'm new to this)

Regions you have positive relations with: I can't think of any

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: none

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? It seems good, although it shouldn't be very complex

Name: Sergio86

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: 2 Months

Length of time in diplomacy and where:

Regions you have positive relations with:

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each:

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization: Excellent i'd like to help

Name: [me]

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: ~22 months

Length of time in diplomacy and where: ~22 months in Osiris and IDU

Regions you have positive relations with: Osiris, IDU, Europeia, TSP

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: ~22 months in Osiris and IDU

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? I hope it will bring more life to this ministry.

Name: [me]

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: Around two years

Length of time in diplomacy and where: Around two years (counting overlapping responsibilities in regions concurrently). Around two years here as ambassador, around four months as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (maybe longer, I don't know if I was actually dismissed :P), around ten months as a (quite inactive) member of the Senior Diplomats team. Around one year as ambassador and Deputy Foreign Officer in Equilism. Around four months as ambassador and Witch-King (head of government) in Mordor.

Regions you have positive relations with: Equilism

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: Around one year as ambassador to Equilism, Ainur, The New Inquisition, and The Black Hawks (there is possibly a fifth but it has escaped my memory). Around one year as ambassador to Europeia.

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? I do not know that I am much of a fan of the introduction of three differing titles in respect of what seems likely to be fairly similar roles (Ambassador, Charge d'Affaires, and Consul). The prospect of the creation of a support staff is one too far at this time, for me, and I believe that there is a likelihood that it would be relatively inactive and would not be attractive to join. I think that the idea of Senior and Junior Diplomats is an interesting one which could be beneficial in terms of increasing the diversity of viewpoints accounted for in making foreign policy, however, the intermediate rank of Diplomat seems unnecessary.

Name: Aragnatim (Religioncord)

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: Slightly more than a week

Length of time in diplomacy and where: None

Regions you have positive relations with: None

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? None because I have no idea what the old one was :P

Application:
Name: Richard Pritchatt

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: About an hour

Length of time in diplomacy and where: Recently promoted to Oakster Regional Ambassador. The Nation of Oakster has been a round for many many years and was extremely active back in the day, building regions, designing legislation and so on. A period of anarchy then took over until the Region was revitalised by HRH Benjamin Oakley very recently.

Regions you have positive relations with: Oakster has been in Europe and Austritaria although they didn't suit our needs. We then set up the Germope region but due to various administrative issues we moved to the TNP.

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? I appreciate the efforts being made but have no knowledge of the Ministry's past.

Holy crap, I am terrible at paying attention to Foreign Affairs stuff. Hi.

Name: FrozenTopHat (just call me FTH, it's so much easier to type)

Length of Service in TNP Diplomatic Service: A week + 1 day

Length of time in diplomacy and where: ^ in Equinox.

Regions you have positive relations with: Equinox!

Regions you are ambassador for and length of time in each: Equinox, 1 day plus 1 week.

What are your thoughts on the internal reorganization? I think I like it, although it seems a little vague. Perhaps there's too many roles, as well; almost like a level-up system :P

Thanks to everyone for the feedback! I've adjusted my internal thoughts a while ago but wasn't really expecting anyone else to add anything. Regardless, I appreciate it. If you would like to send your thoughts to me and haven't replied yet just message me here or on Discord.

Back