TNP Nation
Kialga-Lourti
Discord
Elegante#5102
Mira Balka, Cetus
30 March 2016

[img=300,200]http://i.imgur.com/JmIjDbx.png[/img]

A DECLARATION OF CETIAN INDEPENDENCE

to the INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY, CITIZENS of CETUS, CITIZENS and LEADERS of KIALGA-LOURTI:

The Cetian Republic has come forward for the voice of the Cetian people. The oppression and lack of compassion from those in Kialga-Lourti to its citizens in Cetus has gone on for too long. Not only did the leaders of Kialga-Lourti feel they could buy out the government and land of Cetus, they felt they could conquer and subdue the people and use them as a base of operations for growing their power within the North Pacific. Today, enough is enough. The Rhuvish threat is gone. The Cetian people have lost many sons and daughters to the conflict, yet no statement has been issued from Nigh Citta. It is over, this terrible usage of a people ends now. From this point forward, the people of Cetus refuse to be under rule of a power that bought out its land, its government, and its people. Cetus cannot, and will not, be bought out and owned for the expansion of power. It is time to take back what is rightfully ours. This land and this people. One Struggle, One People, One Destiny!

Months had passed since Jasmine had issued the declaration of independence on behalf of the people of Cetus. Annora could not bear the silence the Hall of Governance held. The pillars once reverberated with the sounds of governors and ministerial staff on their daily duties for Cetus and Kialga-Lourti. Now, those bodies had either fled back to Kialga-Lourti, or had been killed off if they had remained within Cetus and loyal to the Commonwealth.

That was Jasmine's idea, not hers.

Jasmine had taken the reigns of Cetus, declaring herself a President. Leading the people blindly to retake government buildings, private offices, and public spaces. Holding witch hunts for those who remained loyal to the Commonwealth. The streets were calm now, the last Kialgan official being killed before the middle of April even settled in. Offices sat vacant, homes reaching the very earliest stages of disrepair. The morale of the people plummeting far below the bodies that were hastily buried in a cemetery behind the old Governor's Mansion. Aside from the flag that represented the "free" Cetus dangling against the far wall, the Hall of Governance was completely still.

Taking her time in striding down the hall, Annora was flanked by two armed guards, both of whom stood a good foot taller than the young woman who took point. The trio climbed the stairs beneath the flag of the Republic, whose fleur-de-lis stood out as a sign of a time before the Kialgans called the land home. Before the bloodshed that tore her people from their protectors on the distant continent. Before the end of safety and well being as the Cetians knew it. The footsteps of the guards matched Annora's heels clicking as they approached the office that Jasmine called home. Not a true home, but a home for the affairs of the "government" that led the people of Cetus.

The doors fell open with a push from the guards, revealing the office that held the most recent history of Cetus. From waging war alongside allies in Rhuvanland, to declaring war against the Kialgans who swore to protect the Cetians, to waging war against the Cetians who wished nothing more to remain protected behind a power that knew what it was doing. Jasmine sat behind the desk, back to the door, looking across the ocean, similarly to how she always did in wartime. Boxes containing documents that would go unread lined one side of the room, while a seal that was far beyond recognition to Annora laid itself across the floor beneath her feet. Jasmine remained facing the ocean, only emitting the familiar sound of her drinking to the room. Annora watched the back of the chair, nodding her head for the guards to approach it from either side.

"Jasmine," Annora began with a confident voice, "This has gone on for too long. The people are depressed, the economy is weak and dying at best, and the very fabric that makes our nation what it is and was is coming apart." The guards stood at either side of Jasmine's desk, while Annora remained in the doorway. "You have done nothing but murder those who stood in your way. This Republic that you have created is gone to the birds, and nothing will bring it back," standing taller, Annora watched as Jasmine spun the chair around and the guards raised their weapons to her.

"It was for the people, Annora, don't you remember? The lives lost in Rhuvanland? The mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers who had to deal with the loss of their family every night because the Kialgans were greedy and bought us out? Bought your family out!?" Jasmine had taken a standing position. "House Simonett sold us out to the Kialgans. Your own mother sold us out."

Annora stared her counterpart down, someone she once saw as a friend and equal, reduced now to a bloodthirsty heathen who defended her own backside while leaving her people dead.

"There has been more Cetian bloodshed since April then there ever was in Rhuvanland. More Cetian lives have been lost since you took to sitting your ass in that chair as "president" then there ever was when Snyders was sending troops of all Districts to Rhuvanland. You understand that, Jasmine? You have killed more of our ow- killed more of my own people then Snyders ever did. And for what? You are one of the Lourtians, Jasmine, or have you forgotten? Snyders himself sent you over here to govern us, to lead us and help us prosper as Kialgans. You were nothing more then Snyders aide before he posted you here, and this is how you repay him?"

Jasmine snorted, brushing the hair out of her face. "I did it for Cetus, Annora. For us, and our people. They took me in as their own, treated me like a goddess, and let me lead them within the rules of the Commonwealth. And I did it. I lead this District as if it were my own. It isn't a Capricorn, but it's close enough. This was my time to shine, to prove to Snyders that I could rule the nation with him. Until he shut me down in the backroom. Stripped me of ever becoming his Representative. Endorsing that damn Holmes for another term." Grinning, Jasmine watched Annora's face contort. "And you know why? Cetus was an easy stepping stone. I kept leading Cetus, I didn't throw a tantrum over Snyders, but I plotted to get even. Cetus was my step, Cetus is my country now."

Before she finished her speech, the butt of a gun clocked Jasmine in the temple. As she folded into the floor, Annora stepped over to the front of the desk and watched the guards pick up the crumpled body. Nodding, Annora dismissed the guards. Turning to face the door, Annora planned her speech. Not only to the people of Cetus, but to the international community. This was going to be Cetus' one saving grace.

Mira Balka, Cetus
23 June 2016

[img=320,197]http://i.imgur.com/tJ66EIR.png[/img] [img=300,200]http://i.imgur.com/JmIjDbx.png[/img]
coat of arms for House Simonett ----------------------------- flag of the Baleine Kingdom

A DECLARATION OF THE RESTORATION OF THE BALEINE KINGDOM

to the INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY and the CITIZENS of CETUS:

The Cetian Republic has failed us. Not only has it failed to people of Cetus, but it has failed the international community. I ask the international community that the actions of the Cetian Republic not reflect negatively on the whole of the Cetian people. Jasmine Hewitt has been subdued and incarcerated, along with those who served her unblinkingly.

I will take the reigns of Cetus personally, restoring the role my mother once filled, but has grown too old to occupy. The Baleine Kingdom will be restored as it was before the purchase of Cetus by the Kialgans. House Simonett, my name as it once was before, will be restored to the seat of power in Baleine. I will begin work, hopefully with the help of the international community, of rebuilding what has been torn down. The flag of the Republic will be adopted as the official flag of the Baleine Kingdom, regardless of the implications it holds. However, one primary thing will remain the same. The will of the people will be followed, and our motto will always remain: One Struggle, One People, One Destiny!

Queen Annora Simonett, Monarch of the Baleine Kingdom

To: Queen Annora Simonett
Monarch of the Baleine Kingdom

Re: The Baleine Kingdom

While we traditionally see monarchies as restrictive to the democratic rights of the people, we fully recognize that a monarchical figure at this point in time is beneficial as that person acts as a central rallying point for the citizens. As such, we are watching what goes on in your Kingdom closely and are ready to help should your people need it. We can provide food, medicine and financial aid in helping to get your nation back on its feet and standing proud as a member of the international community.

Idazkari-Nagusia (Secretary General), Andalucia

The Grand Federation of Xentherida is willing to offer peacekeepers and aid for the people, as well as economic aid, on the basis that, upon the restabilization of Baleine, the democratic process is reinstigated into the nation.

We hope that this new era will bring forth prosperity, co-operation and happiness between our two nations.

King Christian III.
Prime Minster Adam Reitano.

Annora briefly looked at the responses from two members of the international community. Rolling her eyes, a slight chuckle rose from her throat. "Aid only on the basis that the democratic process is reinstated, what a joke," she said to herself, laying the letter from the Xentheridians to the side. "The 'democratic process' is what got us into this hole anyway." A nearby aide nodded her head in response, not that she had been addressed, but only to agree with the Queen should she cast a glance towards the aide. A notepad laid on the desk in front of Annora, with incomprehensible scribbles across its face. A pen laid cast to the side of the pad, still open from where its owner left it.

"Rebecka," Annora said to the aide, "Will you please send for Simon? He should've been here by this point." The aide stood and nodded, wandering out of the room and into the hall, beyond Annora's vision. Turning her chair, Annora faced the window that opened to the bay. It wasn't the view that Jasmine had once known, but it was above that. A voice echoed across the hall, a single faint 'coming' from a males voice. Sighing, Annora shook her head. Simon was not the best, but he was dedicated. A graduate of Nigh Citta University, with a Masters of Political Science, but quite a quirky card. His papers were never out of order, as one might expect from a quirky assistant, but he did stutter and occasionally lose himself and run into walls and doors.

And this was one of those moments. A thud, accompanied by a 'christ' alerted Annora to Simon's presence. Turning back around in her chair, Annora faced the quirky 26 year old. He quickly bowed upon entering the room, a binder carefully tucked under his arm. "Good morning your majesty," his voice unfolded into the room. Annora glance him over and smiled confidently.

"Good morning to you as well, Simon. I trust you had no issues making your way here?" she said with a slight sarcastic undertone. Simon was greeted to a cocked eyebrow before flushing deeply.

"Yes, your majesty. I made it here quite easily, I just got lost admiring the change of the hall. Jasmine had kept everything in such a state of disrepair, and it is nothing to what has changed since. I hadn't even seen the offices on the main floor during Jasmine's stay, she had kept them locked and unused, saying that she needed no assistance running a country. It's quite marvelous to see what you've done, your majesty, and a magnificent pleasure to see the Hall of Governance in use again. So many smiling faces and bustling bodies. You'd think nothing had changed." Simon had lost himself once more, but a tap from Annora's pen sent him into silence. "Yes, your majesty? What did you need me for?"

Smiling and scratching another note onto her pad, Annora glanced at Simon. "Upon the announcement that we were going to restore the Baleine Kingdom, I received two messages Simon. Both involved bitter taste of a threat, or so we have come to understand. One outright states it, but the other hints at it in the slightest of fashions." Watching Simon's face contort in confusion, Annora chuckled. "Relax Simon, it is an easy decipher. The response thus far hints that we need to restore 'democracy'," the word left a bitter taste in her mouth, "to Baleine."

Simon gave Annora a blank stare. "But, but Ann- your majesty, we've worked so hard to get here, to restoring what the people know and desire. Why are we going to let outsiders decided what we need?"

Annora raised a hand to silence him. "We're not, Simon, do not worry. The Baleine Kingdom will remain with the Simonett Family on the throne. This democracy is for the birds. Rather, we will adopt a similar style to many monarchs of old: a Prime Minister. Someone to lead the government, but to not overstep on the toes of the ruling family." His blank stare returned. "Simon, I ask you to take the reigns. Work alongside me, lead my government, and help me rule our people so that these democracy driven people get off our backs."

Simon blinked. "But, your majesty, that isn't democracy. That an autocracy. How will that solve a thing with the international community? It'll ju-" Annora held hand up to silence Simon's ramblings.

"You think I haven't thought it through, dear Simon? Perhaps I need a right hand who knows my ability and won't question my decision making ability?" She watched Simon's face fall in defeat. Smirking, she resumed her pace. "Elections will be held, my dear, worry not. However, for the first, and maybe through the end of your needed tenure, the elections will follow a pace to keep someone I trust as my right hand. I won't say they'll be landslides, but I will say that for as long as it is necessary, an election will be held and you will serve by my side. That will last until they elect you willingly long enough and then follow a new leader, or until you expire."

Simon nodded, and a silence fell between the two. A knock shook the two, and a familiar form stood in the door. "Your majesty," Rebecka began, "Someone awaits you on the first floor."

With that, the aide retreated away from the office once more. Simon looked distraught. Annora walked to him and patted his chin. "Heads up, Simon. You have a government to run in the coming weeks, and I need you to be at full capacity to take the reigns against the international people." Annora strode out of the office, heading downstairs to meet whomever awaited her in the main part of the Hall of Governance. Simon placed his back against the wall once she was out of view and slid down it. Landing on his rear, he placed his face in his hands and sighed. "This is going to fail... fast."

[img=320,197]http://i.imgur.com/tJ66EIR.png[/img] [img=300,200]http://i.imgur.com/JmIjDbx.png[/img]

A DECLARATION FROM THE BALEINE KINGDOM

to the INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY and the CITIZENS of BALEINE:

As my mother had done before me, and her family before her, it has come time to bring forth a Prime Minister: One who is elected from among the citizens of Baleine to lead the government of the people. They will serve as my own right hand, and we will work with one another to bring the Kingdom back into a Golden Age. This step has been aided by the international community, in particular two nations whose kind words offered aid should we give the people back a voice. It is time, and the election for the First Prime Minister of the restored Baleine Kingdom shall come this coming Wednesday.

One Struggle, One People, One Destiny!

The Hermaesian Republic is impressed by the behavior of the Baleine Kingdom towards democracy and the people. The Prime Minister himself stated " We feel so happy about this outcome! It's a proof that Monarchy can still be functional according to democratic values and Baleine is the finest example! Hermaes is in favor of co-operating with the kingdom of Baleine to prove the world that freedom should be awarded in the boundaries of any Constitution"

After the cameras left from the office a counselor approached the Prime Minister
-Are you a fool? This is Monarchy they can't just give a "voice to the people" unless they are planning on achieving a greater goal. There's more to it. I'm sure!
The P.M. responded - Dear Lykon, you don't know what you're saying. Just because we have a hellish experience with monarchy it doesn't mean that everyone is the same! Besides who told you that there is nothing for us to gain. We almost made war with a country due to political believes and Kingdoms are great allies...

(OOC Note: Andalucia is one of three countries I role-play with, the other two are Kalti and Callaici. As a whole they are referred to as The Rose League.)

We have never stated that aid from The Rose League was contingent upon giving a voice to the people. My fellow Secretary-Generals and I were merely airing our opinion on monarchies. The nations of Kalti and Andalucia used to be ruled by monarchies and as such are not against them but no longer see a monarchy style government as the most beneficial way to govern. Also, we deal quite often with foreign governments that are monarchical in nature and we have good relations with all of them and wish to extend that type of friendly relationship to your government and your people. Back to the topic at hand though... we do appreciate the move towards instating a Prime Minister and look forward to see your nation back on its feet after this independence movement. As my colleague, Maiara, already stated you only need but ask us should you require any humanitarian aid from The Rose League.

Idazkari-Nagusia (Secretary General), Callaici

Sovereign Annora Simonett,

It has come to the attention of the Stanh Yerä that you have restored to power the former ruling family of your kingdom to prevent the further suffering of your people, despite the repeated and trite calls for a democratic system to be reinstated, after it had demonstrated massive failure in your state. We formally congratulate you on choosing the lives of your citizens and the stability of your nation over the promised ideals of democracy, and wish to see your nation grow as prosperous as any other. Furthermore, we, the Stanh Yerä, would like to extend our hand in formal alliance to the Baleine Kingdom, and are willing to offer any logistical or military support you would request, should you so choose.

Regards,
Tanzä V'oram
Minister of Foreign Affairs, High Captain of the Diplomatic Corps

Before Latin Doors, before War, before Caesar, nothing can be born of nothing.
This is the Latin Peace.

By order of His August Majesty, Caesar,
The Augustine Office issues the following Statement.

In line with the policies of my predecessors, Imperium has selected to recognize the Honourable Queen Annora Simonett as Sovereign, with all the rights and responsibilities thereby entailed.

Furthermore, given the proximity of the Baleine Kingdom to the Latin world, the Augustine Office wishes to indicate its intention to extend the Pax Latina to encompass the Baleine Kingdom, entitling the Baleine Kingdom to all diplomatic, economic, and political advantages that accompany it. Amongst them include representation in the Latin Embassy, placing the Baleine Kingdom on equal terms with Silly String, Floresque, New Intelligensia (McMasterdonia), Nierr, and Alainn, as well as with the signatories of the Novrith Pact, in terms of August foreign policy.

Imperium also wishes to indicate that, on the matter of maintaining the Honourable Queen Annora Simonett's sovereignty in the Baleine Kingdom, a democratic system would be fatally injurious. Imperium is committed to maintaining the rule of sovereigns in Eras, and must object in the strongest possible terms to the anti-Latin, anti-Sovereign ideal of constitutionalism.

GWhM419.png

An International Response from Her Lady Sovereign | Servire, ut equus

Dearest QUEEN Annora Simonett,

The Eyes of Eloran and the Royal Court of Biran pored over the news of the restoration of the former ruling family. We recognise that this was to end a long period of suffering, from both war and rule of a woman who claimed and promised when all they truly cared for was power. We formally recognise one's rule, and truly congratulate the Baleine Kingdom in their liberation and offer out our hand to the people with aid and support from wherever possible, be it means of Charity and Humanitarian Aid, Financial Support or any other matter.

Regards,
Queen Anne Maude Eloran,
MRfsKWe.png

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE EMPERATOR
Nebula has observed the events in the Baleine Kingdom with some sadness and with more than a little disquiet. In this time and place it is absolutely disgusting that a monarch should rule over a once free people, especially without regard to the democratic process. The autocratic apologists around the region have taken a despicable stance in this matter as well, and we condemn both the false government of Baleine and those who would defend it over a free state, even a flawed one. We urge the people of Baleine to protest this illegal power grab.

[OOC: Individual Responses will come from Queen Annora once I get off of work. For now, enjoy election night coverage.]

csRhV7W.png

Good evening citizens of Baleine, this is Myra Tailler with Channel 32 News.

Tonight is election night, where the citizens of Baleine have gone to the polling stations to elect a Prime Minister to serve our Queen. We are awaiting the final polling station to release its results and show who is to be elected to this position in the government. Currently, Simon DeForest leads in the polls against Kiley Wright and Calla Harper.

Simon, a member of the DeForest family, is a graduate of Nigh Citta University in Kialga-Lourti. He studied Political Science, earning a Master's Degree in the hardest program at Nigh Citta University. He served as a Communications Director under Jasmine Hewitt, when she served as the governor of the former Cetus District. Simon had worked alongside the government of Cetus for many years before abandoning Hewitt when she overtook the District. DeForest fled to Paltriq Applu and helped protect the innocent Kialga-Lourti citizens from Hewitt's military, who swept across the District with an intent to destroy any loyalists to President Snyders of Kialga-Lourti. After Hewitt's fall, Simon arose from hiding and trekked back to Mira Balka with the hopes of reuniting with his family in Mira.

Kiley Wright is a former lawyer from Quaz Citta, Capricorn. A graduate of Libra University with a Master of Laws, Kiley was the leading defense attorney in Capricorn. When Cetus was purchased by Kialga-Lourti, Wright immigrated to Mira Balka in hopes to become Attorney General of the District. Her dreams fell short, however, when Andy Sempers was elected over her. She continued her practice in Mira Balka until Hewitt's overtaking of the government. Wright fled to the southernmost point of Cetus, where Hewitt's military never made it to before the fall of Hewitt.

Calla Harper is a former elementary school teacher from Paltriq Applu. Harper's family were native to Cetus, before the Kialga-Lourtians purchase, and she taught many of House Simonett's children during the reigns of Queen Benoite Simonett and Queen Natalie Simonett. A close member to House Simonett, Harper was in the process of becoming Minister of Education under Queen Natalie Simonett before the purchase by the Kialga-Lourtians. After the purchase, Harper continued to teach in Paltriq Applu, until Hewitt's overtaking. While Hewitt's armies swept Cetus, Harper helped protect the children of the loyalists, hiding them away in her home, while their families attempted escape and would send back for them.

When we return from our break, we will have the results of the election. Stay with us.

Annora turned her back to the television that sat in the Media Room. Simon stood in the room with her, along with Annora's mother, former Queen Natalie. A light grin was on Natalie's face as she faced her daughter. Simon was shivering, but he kept a stone face and watched the television with mild interest. Annora made her way to a chair not far from where she stood, one of eight that circled the table in the middle of the Media Room. Simon sat at the head of the table, facing the television with his back to the door, while Annora and her mother flanked him on either side.

"Simon, it is turning out to be an election that we do not have to interfere in. Miles just reported back to us that you lead in every station by a margin of 5-2-1. There is no reason for us to have to force this into your favor. They remember what you did, they remember the heroic nature of you, they remember the sacrifices. You saved these people during the witch hunt, Simon, they want you to lead them," Natalie said, placing her aged hand over his young hand. He turned to face the former Queen. "Regardless of the past." She put a harsh tone into the final phrase, as if to silence him and his worries.

"Your majesty, they still understand what happened. They know of the DeForest name, but this is a time that they are trying to restore Baleine. Trust me, once this feeling of rejoice is over, I will be dragged through the mud until I am forced to resign." Dropping his head, Simon mumbled to the two ladies, "DeForest took the throne from Simonett twice in the former iteration of Baleine. Once in the early 1800s, and again in the mid-1900s. There are still people alive to remember Émilienne's taking the throne. They won't trust me to not do the same."

"They can and they will, Simon, do not fret," it was Annora who addressed him this time. "You saved these people, you proved you are different than the DeForest's of old, and they will recognize that. Cease your worrying Simon." A slight tune indicated that the news was resuming from its break, and all three heads lifted and turned to the television.

csRhV7W.png

Thank you for staying with us, and welcome back to Channel 32 News' coverage of election night. The final polling station has reported in and the results of the election of the Prime Minister of the Baleine Kingdom has been announced. Though the votes were close for two candidates, one candidate proved to overcome both and lead themselves to victory.

Simon DeForest has been elected the Prime Minister of the Baleine Kingdom. Simon amassed a surprising 6,952,658 votes. Calla Harper, the former schoolteacher was able to earn 1,874,201 votes, while Kiley Wright fell to third with only 1,532,581 votes.

Congratulations to Simon DeForest on his election, and an applause to the other two candidates who did their all during a short time span. This has been Myra Tailler with Channel 32 News signing off.

[img=320,197]http://i.imgur.com/tJ66EIR.png[/img] [img=150,197]http://i.imgur.com/Y01Fdvt.png[/img]

AN ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE BALEINE KINGDOM

A strong election night has come and gone within Baleine, with nearly every citizen making it to a polling station to cast their vote for the Baleine Prime Minister. Working tirelessly into the early hours of Thursday morning, we can proudly announce that every vote has been counted, and that Simon of House DeForest has been elected to serve as Prime Minister of Baleine. My mother and I watched the news together with heavy eyes until the results were released, and are pleased that someone with such a short but wonderful background has been elected to serve us and the people. We thank all of the candidates and we look forward to meeting with Simon this coming weekend.

[img=320,197]http://i.imgur.com/tJ66EIR.png[/img]​

to Isabella, of Callaici:

Our apologies. The last weeks have been stressful on my cabinet, and where one went the rest followed. By the time it had reached my desk, they had decided that the aid of The Rose League was going to be withheld until a democratic policy was in place. A honest human mistake, quite frankly, and I hope that this miscommunication shall not lead to tensions among our peoples in the future.

to Tanzä V'oram, of Yeraennus; Queen Anne Maude Eloran, of Biran:

We appreciate the offers from both nations, and will remember them for when a time comes. An immediate aid is not necessary, the bloodiest of our conflict with Miss Hewitt's government came early, and medical attention for those who required it was acquired prior to this point. Do expect further comments from newly elected Prime Minister DeForest regarding any aid should the need arise.

[img=150,197]http://i.imgur.com/Y01Fdvt.png[/img]​

to the Emperator, of the Watching Nebula:

With all due respect, addressing our people to once again rebel is a troubling request, dear Emperator. The 'once free people' were never truly free under the previous government. Miss Hewitt failed the nation on every occasion. From the beginning of her rule, I watched and aided those within the nation, the system was beyond flawed and beyond repair. The true rule of the people, the rule that has served the people since 1594, has been restored. This is what is best for the people, for Baeline, and for our relations across the North Pacific. It is a shame that among the outpouring of support from the international community, there still exists one who does not wish for the best of a people. I apologize for your arrogance and wish you to not incite further violence in the hearts of my people.

Simon DeForest, Prime Minister of the Baleine Kingdom

Kialga:

With all due respect, addressing our people to once again rebel is a troubling request, dear Emperator. The 'once free people' were never truly free under the previous government. Miss Hewitt failed the nation on every occasion. From the beginning of her rule, I watched and aided those within the nation, the system was beyond flawed and beyond repair. The true rule of the people, the rule that has served the people since 1594, has been restored. This is what is best for the people, for Baeline, and for our relations across the North Pacific. It is a shame that among the outpouring of support from the international community, there still exists one who does not wish for the best of a people. I apologize for your arrogance and wish you to not incite further violence in the hearts of my people.

er3J1s8.png

With all due respect, we do not wish to see further violence in Baleine territory; we only would like to observe the democratic process at work, and the people rallying in its defense. No nation is truly democratic when a ruling or dominant class of any sort exists, be it an aristocracy, junta, or corporate oligarchy, and we should prefer to see the spread of a true socialist democracy than retrogression into the old failures of monarchy.
We do not intend to actively seek a regime change anywhere in the near future; our days of meddling in the affairs of other nations are over. Trust me when I say that we will watch, but not act.

Caledon Antlerio
Emperator of the Watching Nebula​

Annora paced her office, awaiting Simon's return his own office. He had gone to check on a response from the Nebulans, and retrieve something he claimed would be of interest to her. Giving in to herself, Annora returned to her seat and watched the door. It wasn't long before the familiar form of her Prime Minister appeared in the doorway and entered the room. From the looks of it, Annora was able to notice two papers in his hands. "The Nebulans send two responses? Or has someone else stepped forwards with humanitarian aid?" she questioned.

"Neither, your majesty. Yes, the one is from the Watching Nebula, but the other is one that I kept off until it would be necessary for you to see," he laid both letters onto the desktop in front of her. "The Watching Nebula responded, claiming they didn't want to spark a revolution of our people. As to be expected, covering their asses when confronted." He leaned over and pulled the second one on top of the first, "However, I knew that with the first Nebulan response, there would be a time you would be discouraged by it, so I kept this letter for this moment. After we announced the elections for a Prime Minister, Imperium Augustum sent response." He watched her face change, the familiar glow returning. "Caesar has stated his intention of bringing our kingdom into the Pax Latina."

Annora let out a small giggle, befitting of a schoolgirl. Simon chuckled and watched her. Her happiness extended beyond the office, causing a familiar aide who happened to pass by the door, to look inside with curiosity. Annora glanced up at Simon with the largest grin on her face that Simon had ever seen. "Oh, Simon. Do you understand how wonderful this is? We went to war with Rhuvanland to hopefully catch Caesar's eye," she snatched the letter off the desk to read it for herself. Simon, shocked, tried to reach for the letter to take it back, but it was too late. She had read the full thing, and Simon knew her heart sank a little. "I... I can't say that I'm surprised by that." She laid the letter back on the desk. Looking up into Simon's eyes, Annora's glow still radiated, but the smile was gone.

"Your majesty, I understand that last portion of the letter isn't exactly the best news, but it is far from the worst," he said. "They object to the democratic process, the same way you had. Don't let that falter you. I'm sure Caesar would understand if you stated that you did what you had to for the betterment of your people."

to Caesar, of Imperium Augustum:

Your response has brought myself some great divide. On the one hand, we are beyond joy with your intention to extend the Pax Latina across the Baleine Kingdom. However, on the other hand, a heavy heart was laid upon myself with the objection of the election of a Prime Minister. This is truly no ideal of constitutionalism. This is my act as sovereign to bring my people closer to me. I did what I felt was right for my people and my country, and am truly sorry if this causes any divide between us. Prime Minister DeForest was my personal choice, and I would have it no other way then to have his aid. Let us know if there is anything further to discuss or work out between our two nations.

I will argue no further with you on this matter. Despite your intentions to observe rather then incite, you stated clearly that you wish for my people to protest an 'illegal power grab.' They have done that once, which is why we are in the shoes that we are now. They protested President Snyders grab of power, which lead to the illegal power grab of Jasmine Hewitt, the latter who remains incarcerated for her crimes against Baleine. There has been no illegal power grab by Queen Annora; she has taken back the power that was taken from her family. Unless you wish to truly come to know a people and their history, it is best not to throw out condemnations willy nilly, unless you wish for those you throw them at to respond.

Watch, but don't dare intervene. There are some still within Baleine that wish to see a little more bloodshed to keep this Kingdom going.

You have nothing to worry about in causing tension among the Rose League; the two of us represent a small fraction of the League's government, there are still ten other Secretary Generals from Kalti, Callaici and Andalucia. For the time being we are simply monitoring the situation in your kingdom and watching to see how the situation ultimately unfolds. Lastly, we have put one Callaician Division [1,000 men / women] of Sentinel Corps [peacekeepers / humanitarian aid workers] on standby if the situation calls for our nations to step in and help of which we will only do so if asked by you or your government.

Maiara
Idazkari-Nagusia (Secretary General), Andalucia

Isabela
Idazkari-Nagusia (Secretary General), Callaici

YXzndxD.jpg
To Queen Annora Simonett, Monarch of the Baleine Kingdom and Prime Minister Simon DeForest

First and foremost, we would like to apologise for our belated reply; we have been working non-stop to prepare aid, from assigning funds to training and preparing medical crew and peacekeepers. Secondly, we would also like to apologise for any potential confusion; when we said "democratic process", we did not mean the return of a republic, but rather an elected Prime Minister, to work in tandem with the monarch, of which you have done.

In terms of economic aid, we are willing to loan up to a tune of NSD$40 billion, to be paid off in 7 years, and an interest rate of 4.5%. In addition to that, we are willing to deploy three squadrons of one thousand peacekeepers to help settle the nation as it emerges anew from the recent restoration, to be deployed when and where, at your pleasure.

With this, we are also sending five thousand medics to issue aid to those who are in need of it, especially after the acts the previous leader had committed. Food, water, medicines, and medics are currently on their way in three medical ships, the HMS Compassion, HMS Mercy, and HMS Ostria. They are clearly marked, and will request entry before sailing into Baleine waters. Upon docking, they will rendezvous into a nearby field, and distribute supplies. More supplies will be shipped in every two weeks; these too will be clearly marked, and request entry.

We would finally like to congratulate you only your restoration of Baleine from the tyranny that was the rule of Jasmine Hewitt, reinstating a noble monarchy from the ruins of a failed leader and her regime. We only look forwards to an era of prosperity and friendship between our two nations.

Prime Minister Adam Reitano
King Christian III.

To Her Royal Majesty, Queen Annora Simonett, Monarch of the Kingdom of Baleine and Prime Minister Simon DeForest.

We have watched the recent events unfold in your nation with much interest and have decided to come forward in support of your independence. Like you, Esplandia also once declared our own intentions for self rule and have held on to that autonomy for centuries through many struggles. We also are happy to see you not only embrace sovereign rule but also the tenets of democracy. Esplandia has, almost from the beginning, worked to make the people's have as much of a stake in rule as the Crown, and over time this has come to mean every man or woman who calls Esplandia home.

We know not what the future holds for either of us, but Esplandia gladly extends the white glove of peace and friendship. If their is anything that we can give to aid you in the coming days, and inevitable changes, we would be glad to discuss these matters.

In peace and prosperity,
King Sherwin IV de Dracosta, Monarch of Esplandia
High Chancellor Phillip Montgomery, Duke of Lamarinthia

Annora rested her head against the window of the vehicle, watching the leaves fly by. Simon sat in the seat beside her, her husband across. The constant rapping from her husbands fingertips was nearing the point of driving her to insanity. Leaning forward, she slapped his knee and gave a slight hiss. The drumming ceased, causing the area to go completely silent. The departure from Mira had been filled with conversation, but the longer the trio sat in the vehicle going across the Expanse, the quieter the cabin got. Their destination was just on the other side of the Expanse, in Ula, but the Expanse retained its name for a reason. Resting her head back on the window, Annora returned her view to the never ending expanse of green outside.

Simon kept his eyes down, focusing on the letters to those who had offered assistance to Annora and Baleine. His fingers silent with each keystroke, addressing any fellows that had offered military assistance to the Kingdom. The request, Annora had said, was to be simple. 1000 armed men, totaling no more than 3000. Humanitarian and economic aid would not be required, this was simply to be a military guard to protect the civilians from the sympathizers. Simon's fingers made quick work of the letter, saving the document to external storage, and shutting the laptop. Sliding the laptop into his bag, Simon glanced around the shared space. The letter would be sent from the Ula Government Complex upon arrival. Shutting his eyes, Simon rested his head against the window and attempted to get a nap. The rain outside, combining with the ever present sunset put him in a sleepier mood.

Mathias watched Annora, who had become a stranger since her ascension to the throne. Not only a stranger to their home, but to the bed they shared for ten years - 10 years on the coming Saturday. Mathias never felt distant from his wife, but over the span of a month, she seemed to have completely abandoned the relationship they held. He had made plans for the two, before the events of the past month, for a vacation for their tenth anniversary, expending his entire savings on the trip. Upon hearing her plans, via Simon, Mathias scrambled to recover the money he had invested, but was only able to get anything back on the cruise tickets. His head rested against the back of the seat, staring at the ceiling of the cabin, while he considered everything. He wanted nothing more than to give Annora a child, an heir for her work, but its hard when you don't share the bed with the one you love. He closed his eyes, wanting this ride to be over, wanting this all to be over. To go back to the time he and Annora had met and fallen in love, to the bond they shared despite losing their only child to a miscarriage.

Jasmine's stomach growled. She was sat between two armed guards: a male to her left and a female to her right. Jasmine's head rested against her chest, eyes drooping and her conscious fading. She never knew what this was like: to be made a victim of her own punishment, and she never expected it to happen to her. She felt a hand push her shoulder back up against the seat back, to prevent her from falling forward. She let her eyes fall onto the ceiling, forming shapes in her own mind. She was exhausted, and growing hungry, but she knew this was just. Her goddess called for it: for anyone who disobeyed the ruling class to be starved prior to execution, so as to not waste food on one who was to meet their maker regardless of consumption of food or not. She had brought it on herself, and the form of her goddess flashed in front of her eyes. Slowly, the images of those she tortured in this way came flashing across her vision, causing her to feel the pain she already felt over for each victim. This was her punishment, and this was her destiny. She would reunite with Iral soon, and meet her fate.

[img=320,197]http://i.imgur.com/tJ66EIR.png[/img] [img=150,197]http://i.imgur.com/Y01Fdvt.png[/img]

This coming Saturday, for her crimes against the people and the nation, Jasmine Hewitt will be executed. She will be executed along the guidelines of her religion: starved for one week prior to execution, and then shot seven times into her skull. The event will not be televised, but we do worry that there will be a crowd: both of civilians and sympathizers. We are addressing those we need help from separately, but we do expect a stir to be caused with this. This execution method is the same she used for many loyalists to Kialga-Lourti, and the number of bullets is symbolic of the seven men, women, and children she executed in this method. It is not in my nature to do this to a person, but the method is more fitting for her than any other method. And I refuse to burden our population with taxes keeping her incarcerated.

to Tanzä V'oram, of Yeraennus; Isabela, of Callaici; Adam Reitano, of Xentherida:

As a follow up to Queen Annora's announcement to the world, I must address you in private. As you have indicated a willingness to provide military and/or peacekeeping services to the Queen and the Kingdom, we need to ask this aid to be provided for the duration of two (2) weeks. I have alerted Queen Annora of the likelihood of Hewitt sympathizers to be in the crowd at the execution, and she feels the need to have more then the small armed force of Baleine to be there to prevent violence. Economic and humanitarian aid is not needed, simply military. We ask that a peacekeeping force of 1,000 men from your nation be provided to join the Baleine National Guard in controlling violence and any riots that may stir up in reaction to Jasmine's execution. The execution is this Saturday, in three days. We ask that forces arrive as soon as you are able to provide, or a notice should assistance not be able to be provided.

er3J1s8.png
The government of the Watching Nebula hereby condemns the execution of Jasmine Hewitt. Although punishment is to be expected considering the circumstances, the cruelty of this method is shocking. Even from the monarchists, we expected better.

Annora stood underneath the canopy, Simon to one side and he husband to the other. In front of them sat Jasmine Hewitt, a name that had become synominous with hatred over the past month. Mathias had reminded her this morning that it had only been one month since Baleine had been restored. The one month anniversary of being freed from Hewitt's regime was marked with the execution of Hewitt herself. It was a bittersweet moment for Annora, who watched Jasmine merely sit upon the rock she was to be executed on. Her grave was already dug, a mere mile from the location of her execution. A light drizzle fell across the hilltop and nearby field. Military men stood a half a mile from the canopy, keeping any citizens from getting to close. Annora could see the nervousness radiating from Mathias, and she had a similar fear in the very back of her mind. Jasmine was going to become a martyr to the sympathizers, plain and simple, but Annora had already to refused to let them become overpowering. Jasmine's method of getting rid of her opposition was disgusting, and what had gotten them into the situation they were in today. Annora had another way of dealing with the Hewitt Sympathizers, one that would be more humane.

A bell tolled from below the canopy, and the crowd silenced, knowing what was to happen now. An armed guard approached Jasmine, a tray in one hand, with a cup on it. He set the tray beside Jasmine, who was trying her hardest to keep herself up. Her eyes briefly flickered upon Annora and the trio under the canopy. She wanted so badly to call out, to call them cowards, to make them consider that she was still human, but she knew she couldn't and that the effort alone would be in vain. Iral had appeared to her two nights ago, telling her her time was close, but not giving anymore. The visions of those she had tortured with this method we gone, replaced with nothing. She felt her head forced back, and a powder poured into her mouth, followed by a liquid. She assumed a numbing agent and water. She was thankful, briefly, that they were this humane to her. She never would've been - anyone she was going to kill was going to feel the whole thing. A light flashed across her eyes, as another guard stepped up, rifle in hand. Jasmine closed her eyes, readying herself against what, she wasn't sure, but she was ready.

Two shots rang out across the field, in such close proximity to the other it was hard to tell the difference. The trio under the canopy hit the ground, as did several hundred onlookers, and Jasmine. Guards began swarming everywhere, two guarding Annora and Simon back to the SUV that sat beside the canopy, and several hundred into the onlookers at the foot of the hill. Wheels spun on the SUV once Annora and Simon were secure in the vehicle, the SUV being flanked by two police SUVs, heading back to Ula. Jasmine was left slumped over the rock, a single bullet through her skull. Nearby her, still under the canopy and surrounded by three guards, laid Mathias Simonett, also with a single bullet wound to his skull.

[img=320,197]http://i.imgur.com/tJ66EIR.png[/img]

With a heavy heart, I come to the international community and the Baleine Citizens this evening. Tonight, at the same time as the execution of Jasmine Hewitt, the Simonett family also lost a valuable member. Mathias Simonett was shot a few seconds before Jasmine, the bullet coming from an onlooker. The execution of Jasmine Hewitt was cut short of her complete punishment, but my guards confirmed she was deceased, and that is punishment enough for her crimes.

The loss of Mathias Simonett lays a heavy burden upon our nation. We have nearly completed restoration, and now a faction threatens the security of our people. Every piece of evidence points to the sympathizers of Hewitt, and those who will turn her into a martyr. We must not fear this faction, we must not let them threaten our way of life. Hewitt has caused enough damage to Baleine, and we must withstand this storm and stand strong. For those who live in Baleine, a mandatory curfew will be implemented for the next month. An investigation will begin to discover and weed out the murderers of Mathias. Anyone who has any knowledge of this faction is urged to contact local authorities as soon as possible.

Official Message from His Magnificence's Government of the Syrixian Empire:
mofa.png
His Magnificence's Government
Official Message from the Syrixian Empire
His Magnificence's Government has taken notice of the recent events in what was formerly the Kialgan Cetus District. The people of Cetus clambered to be free and they have succeeded. They have shaken off the chains that binded them.

Today we congratulate the people of this region for rising up and becoming who they are again- no longer Cetus under the tyrant Jasmine Hewitt, but Baleine, under her most gracious majesty, Queen Annora Simonett; as well as Prime Minister Simon DeForest, a representative of the people working with the old royals, a system we are well familiar with in Syrixia.

The Syrixian Empire hereby recognizes the state of Baleine and wishes it well in the weeks and months to come as it reasserts itself in a modern world. Should the Baleine Kingdom desire any specific forms of economic aid we would be happy to assist.

Aapko shaanti mile,

Rohit Kumar
Prime Minister of the Syrixian Empire​

er3J1s8.png
Nebula condemns the killings in Baleine. While the execution of Jasmine Hewitt is a tragic reminder of the violent tendencies of traditionalism and monarchy, the killing of Mathias Simonett only exacerbates the issue of violence and will solve nothing.

Before Latin Doors, before War, before Caesar, nothing can be born of nothing.
This is the Latin Peace.

By order of His August Majesty, Caesar,
The Augustine Office issues the following Private Statement to the Honourable Queen of the Baleine Kingdom, the Honourable Princeps of Rhuvanland, and the Honourable President of Tolima.

In light of the recent attacks on the Simonett family, the Augustine Office sees fit to fast-track the Antidaedalus Initiative by Equestrian Senator, Praetor Hilaria Proconsula da Vinci Ignatius, Knight of the August Order of Rhuvanland. The Antidaedalus Initiative is named after a Neapolitan mythological figure, whoose name is recorded only as the antithesis of a legendary Neapolitan senate that saught to militarize Neapolis, turning it against merchants and explorers such that they could secure and invade the territories of the Alainni. Antidaedalus was a noble who raised for himself a ceremonial military, becoming, in mythology, the first person to lead a military unit devoted to the practice of military policing outside the city of Alba Longa. He took this idea from Alba Longa, such that he could lend his military to the project of subduing the increasingly mismanaged soldiers of the Neapolitan Senate, used as they were as political tokens for those Senators with limited terms, and secure their loyalties to the President for Life of the Neapolitan Senate.

In the same way, the Augustine Office offers; as a personal courtesy to the Honourable Queen of the Baleine Kingdom, the Honourable Princeps of Rhuvanland, and the Honourable President of Tolima; to sponsor a Chivalric Order in each of these three sovereign states, composed of a pension equivalent or exceeding the salary of a commissioned officer and the requisite equipment in each. We recommend that such an Order be funded directly from the purse of the sovereign's respective offices, with the Augustine sponsorship to be resolved through personal favors and financing. The three Sovereigns will, of course, retain the exclusive right to appoint candidates to the Orders and to command their Order. To that end, we invite the three Sovereigns to conceal, to whatever extent they wish, the Augustine Office's role in funding such Orders.

The intention of the Antidaedalus Initiative is to permit the three Sovereigns of the Modern Extension of the Pax Latina the capacity to maintain their personal security and safety during both times of peace, and any times of internal instability, by permitting them a line of fiscal security outside the tax structures of their democratic governance.

If necessary, the Augustine Office is willing to offer training and educational resources, but we do not foresee this being a necessity. Imperium is currently willing to commit to sponsoring an Order of a size up to 100, with an additional zero-interest credit line of up to 20% of the annual budget to provide a degree of float.

We in The Federal Republic of Yfyfhjgiuftgh are deeply saddened at the assassination of Mathias Simonett and will provide any assistance that The Baleine Kingdom should need and wishes it strength and well being in these trying times.

From the desk of Mr. President current leader of The Federal Republic of Yfyfhjgiuftgh

Annora sat silent behind her desk, her back to the door and her hands on her lap. She hadn't returned to her residence since the return from Ula. There was nothing left for her in the residence, and certainly nothing that she couldn't receive from the Hall of Governance. Mathias was dead, and it was Jasmine's fault. Or was it her own? Despite the innocent killings under Jasmine's rule, the people didn't revolt like this until Annora returned to the throne. Was this meant to be a sign for Annora - that she shouldn't be sitting upon the throne of Baleine. Of course not, it was Jasmine's fault for instilling violence into the heart of the populous, for giving them no other reason then to turn against those who ruled truly and strike the links that bind Baleine together. That damned faction needed to be silenced, regardless of the methods, before any more innocent lives were lost.

Simon stood in his office, on the bottom floor of the Hall of Governance, staring at the letter that had been laid across his desk by his aide. A nod sent the aide away, leaving Simon alone to read the letter. It had been intercepted at the postal building in Ula by an interior guard stationed there. The fleur-de-lis on the outside matched the one on the Baleine flag, as well as on the Arms of House Simonett. Peeling apart the letter, Simon glanced at the scrawl across the face. Someone was in a hurry when they wrote it. Reading over the letter, which was quite short, Simon felt his heart drop. This was the proof that Hewitt's faction was at work from within Baleine, and was seeking outside help. Hardening his face, Simon took a seat at his desk and looked at his computer. The clicking of his mouse and keys soon filled the office as he scanned over the few files he held on those employed at the Ula Government Complex. He needed someone in Ula that he could trust, but he wasn't going to take to Annora to ask if there were any.

The search yielded nothing for Simon, apart from a headache and two-and-a-half wasted ours. Resting his forehead on his hands, Simon closed his eyes and waited. The best he could come up with is sending an investigation team to the postal building to determine if there was anything they could get from there. Lifting his head up, he returned to facing the computer. Two emails were dispatched: the first to the head of the Baleine Investigation Bureau, explaining the situation briefly and ordering the investigation; the second to Annora, explaining that the BIB was being dispatching the Ula for a minor investigation and that he would report to her if anything that needed immediate attention was discovered. Simon leaned back in his chair, relaxing slightly before popping back up. Opening the bottom drawer of his desk, he carefully pulled the letter by the corner and dropped it into a file in the drawer. The BIB would be by soon enough to look at it, but he didn't want any prying eyes to discover it.

Her hair fell into her face, the sprint from the postal building to the apartment was far too long for her caring. She knew it was going to look odd to any bystanders to see a woman sprinting down the street, but so long as she kept that off the cameras in the postal building she was doing good. The apartment door clicked shut as she slid it with her back against it. Reaching behind her, she clicked the locks into place and rested there momentarily. Brushing her hair back, she looked across the living space. The kitchen table was littered with newspaper scraps and notebooks; the counter space nearby held a slow cooker, with the smells of chicken filling the apartment; the sink sat empty, aside from a butter knife laying flat across the drain. The television in the bedroom was the only other noise, signifying the apartments owner was up and about. Pushing off from the door, she made her way towards the bedroom she had resided in for the last two weeks. Leaning against the door, she looked at the occupant of the bed with a small smirk on her face. The occupant looked up and the same smirk crossed their face. "I assume the letter is on its way out?" the male said. She nodded and smiled a little bigger. "Good work, Rebecka. I hope that you sent the second one as well?" Another nod. "Excellent. Hopefully we receive a response."

The Letter:
We know you disagree with the Simonett family. So do we. Help us right this wrong and ensure Jasmine rests peacefully. There will be two of us awaiting a response. We can go no lower than this, so meet us there. Please.

The other letter made its way first to the Nebulan consulate, where the weekly personal mail shipment was scheduled to leave the next day: a single helicopter carrying the letters and goods from Nebulan expats in Baleine to their relatives in Nebula, and vice versa. Not many people did this, but there was enough demand to justify the weekly helicopter.

The helicopter landed at the Baleine consulate in Nebula. A few young part-time workers unloaded the crates and hauled them into mail trucks, which sped off to the central postal processing center in Orionus. There, the individual letters and packages were unloaded and sent off to their respective locations.

The letter made its way to the government center in downtown Orionus. There, one of many aides picked it up, cross-checked the seal, and put it in the box for review by the Foreign Affairs Committee.

It was a letter that would change the course of history, both in Baleine and in Nebula.

"So we're agreed on the plan?" asked Antlerio in the Foreign Affairs meeting.
"I suppose," grumbled Malachit. "I mean, I seem to be outvoted."
"Next order of business, then," said Stoln gravely. "My secretary gave this to me this morning." He pulled out the letter and passed it around the table.
"It arrived with the Baleine seal on it," said Stoln. "Presumably whoever sent it wanted us to read it."
"Really," said Malachit sarcastically.
"We have discussed this," Stoln snapped, "and it is the opinion of myself and the Emperator that we had best not act on it. After all, we have only just begun repairing our relationship with the rest of the world; it is not in our interest to jeopardize that again."
"And I said that this is the opportunity we have been waiting for," said Malachit loudly, drowning out Stoln. "We have explicitly said that the return of democracy would be a good thing, and clearly these people have taken it to mean that we will support their efforts to remove the monarchy. We must not fail them."
"I worry about the possibility that these advocates for democracy may turn out to be little more than centrist authoritarians," mused Gipsan Kvarus. "Personally I don't see how the monarchy is any worse than the possibility of a dictatorship."
"So we will do nothing," sneered Malachit.
Antlerio glared at Malachit. "Yes, we will do nothing."

Malachit walked the dark streets of Orionus, smoldering with anger. The once-proud Nebulan military was being held out of a glorious opportunity, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Nothing in his official capacity, anyway.

He turned right, heading down a side street. A few people recognized him; not many were there to even see him. Around him, the city throbbed with its usual nightly activity.

He arrived at his destination: an innocuous restaurant, with no windows or bright lights outside it. The door chimed as he pulled it open and headed downstairs to the backroom.

Most of the others were there already. Malachit recognized them all- after all, he had approached them and organized them. He had assembled this venture. He was its sole leader.

"I have news," he told them. "A faction of anti-monarchists approached the Nebulan government and asked for help in overthrowing the Baleine Kingdom."
"And what did Antlerio say?" asked General Zode.
"What do you think?" sneered Malachit. "The man wouldn't even call up the generals until he saw Kannexan boots trampling his gardens. No, they decided to do nothing."
"Why do you bring this up?" asked Ara Gran.
"Because this is our opportunity to shine," replied Malachit. "We've been stockpiling supplies for the past year. We have what we need to send our militia into Baleine, overthrow the monarchy, and demonstrate to the Nebulan people that we have what it takes to make our country great again. I plan on attending the meeting, and if I like what I hear, I'm putting together a volunteer force."
"Are you sure this is the right time to move?" asked Gran.
"There is no better time," said Malachit.

Twelve hours later, Azurus Malachit boarded a plane for Baleine.

Rebecka sat cross legged on the sofa, staring at the television blankly. Dorian had left the apartment to purchase another set of rations for the next couple of days. She hoped that they'd be in this apartment no longer than that. She had already fled her duties in Mira, abandoning the Simonett's despite their willingness to allow her to stay on the government staff. She had worked under Jasmine for the entirety of her rule, yet the weak minded Annora was willing to accept her back into the government all the same. Tonight was the the night that she fully turned her back on those who ruined the work that Jasmine had put into Cetus. Dorian had made reservations for a cabin in the Low District, far from society. A single letter had been sent back to the Nebulans, letting them know of the coordinates of the cabin, crudely thrown into a welcome home letter for cover. Though they had never officially responded to Dorian's request, Rebecka had hopes that the Nebulans would work with her and Dorian, and not turn them into those who oversaw Baleine.

Lifting her head off of her chest at the sound of the clicking locks, Rebecka sleepily looked back at the door and watched the tall, slender figure of Dorian enter the room. He held two brown bags in his arms, with nothing spilling out of the top. "Two nights dinners, for if we return. Steak and potatoes as well as a casserole," he told Rebecka as he approached the small kitchen to place everything in the refrigerator.

"I hope we don't come back, Dorian. It's been dreary and quiet since we arrived, and we don't even know what will happen tonight." She had changed her position to hanging over the side of the couch, watching Dorian move about the kitchen. The two locked eyes briefly, before he turned to put the few dishes from the drainboard into the cabinet.

"Be careful what you wish for," he mumbled, "for all we know, the Nebulans could've turned us in to Annora and her cronies. Or hell, they could even be coming just to capture us and then hand us into Annora. We don't know what's going to happen, and we will definitely need to stay on guard, Rebecka." He shut the cabinet doors softly and turned to look at her. She had fallen back into a sitting position on the couch, staring harshly at Dorian.

"Or, ya know, you could try a little optimism Dorian. The Nebulans could be waiting with open arms, ready to help us defeat Annora and the entirety of the Simonett government. Or, if not that, at least come to offer asylum far away from this blasted place," she let out a little giggle. "Annora isn't even married anymore, you made sure of that. She has no husband, no heir. With the Nebulans help, we can off her and take Baleine for ourselves!"

A fist hitting the counter cut her off, and the harsh eyes of Dorian looked down at her. "Get your head out of the clouds, child. The Nebulans can't help us off Annora without suffering a severe backlash from this damn international community she keeps preaching. Understand? The Nebulans help us, or even do it themselves, to get rid of Annora and the international community she calls on all the time will make sure it never happens again." Rebecka had scurried to the far end of the couch, away from the one person who scared her. He calmly walked around the counter and sat beside her on the couch, wrapping his arms tightly around her. "We're either going to make her job harder, or die trying. There is no taking over Baleine for us, Rebecka, get that out of your head. We're going to do what we can," he stood following that sentence. "Go pack, we need to head out soon."

Rain had started falling overhead as they approached the check-in site. "Name?" asked the groundskeeper. He sat behind a desk in a small shack. A single filling cabinet sat behind him, and the last name on his check-in sheet checked out over two years ago.

"Dorian Aristide."

"Alright," a key was lifted from a hook and handed over the counter. "End of the road on the left." The two exchanged nods before Rebecka and Dorian left the shack and got back into their SUV. Rebecka shivered from the cold as they drove back the sad excuse for a road. As the path ended, there were lights emanating from within the wooded area. Parking the SUV at the base of the stairs, the two took inside the cabin to await the Nebulans, Baleish, or nothing. Dorian set an alarm for 48 hours - the longest he'd wait for anyone to show up before they left and gave up on this shot.

Azurus Malachit and Ara Gran rented a car outside the airport and drove off, heading for the cabin. The coordinates had made their way into Malachit's hands thanks to a contact in the Foreign Affairs Office, and he had a GPS running on the dashboard.
"Turn right in 1.3 kilometers," the smooth synthesized voice intoned.
"Any idea what we can expect here?" asked Gran. He had been the first openly gay man to serve as a major in the AFI, and almost as a defense mechanism he had cultivated a strong sense of nationalism toward Nebula. Under Malachit he had helped organize the failed Bay of Cows invasion of Rhuvanland and he had helped insert a series of sleepers into South Cronaal and Rhuvanland that would prove instrumental in later Nebulan operations. When Caledon Antlerio took power he had seen his influence evaporate as the country sought a more dovish foreign policy stance.
"None at all," said Malachit. "Why do you think I brought the umbrella gun?"
"Well, what if we ran into police or something and got ourselves into a spot..."
"Nothing we couldn't handle with smooth talking and a bit of currency," said Malachit primly.
Following the instructions of the GPS, Malachit turned right.
"Your destination will be 0.5 kilometers ahead on your left," the GPS said.
"So what will we tell the Cetians?" asked Gran.
"I'll do most of the talking," said Malachit. "You know, the government won't help but we will, support of democracy, blah blah blah."
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the world," Gran said grimly. "At last we will have justice."
The car turned left and pulled onto the long driveway up to the cabins.

Back