THE NORTHERN CUP: Official Announcement & Information (Signups Closed.)

Kaschovia

Under the Sakura
-
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
5SRsKxa.png

Welcome to the Official Announcement of the Regional Football/Soccer Cup! It is great to see that you have decided to show your interest in this event. If you like the idea, please go and upvote the dispatch! It takes just one small click, and you can get more people involved in the tournament. Over the next two weeks or so, I'll be running a regional football/soccer tournament, open to everyone within the North Pacific!

The amount of applications we receive will determine how many groups there will be in the tournament. I have decided to put the limit at 16 nations, so the application process is first come first serve. Make sure you get there quickly when applications open. If you don't manage to apply in time, don't worry! There will be more events like this over the summer for you and the rest of the region to enjoy. To score this event, I will be using xkoronate. A fair and easy way to randomly score a group stage round. The results from the games will be published in the Fixtures & Results dispatch. I hope to see a lot of you there supporting your regional favourites!

Once the group stages have finished, the interesting part of the tournament begins. For the quarter and semi-finals, there will be two legs of matches. The winner of those matches will advance to the next stage. The final will have just one leg and the winner will lift the great trophy. Below, is the tournament application:

To apply for the tournament, please fill out the below form. It won't take you longer than 5 minutes! Paste it and send your application to me via Telegram on NS or through PM on these regional forums. The optional fields are not required, but it gives me more reason to take your application seriously. Applications are also happening on NationStates to spread the word even further.

Nation: (Required Field)

Name of National Manager: (Required Field)

Squad Roster: (Optional - List of players in your squad.)

Kit Colours: (Optional - The colours of your squad kit.)

June 20th - June 27th - Sign ups begin/end. Groups drawn.

June 28th - July 1st - Group stages begin/end.

July 1st - July 10th - Knockout stages begin/end. Winner announced.

Tournament Roster

1. True Sebland
  2. Ceretis
  3. The Unliving Experiment
  4. Lorbank
  5. Kaschovia
  6. St George (Naizerre)
  7. Sadakoyama
  8. Malphe
  9. Kialga-Lourti
  10. Praeceps
  11. IndieGirl
  12. Serwall
  13. Northern Scovia
  14. Antarticeuropa
  15. Aragnatim
  16. Xentherida

Nation: Sierra

Name of National Manager: Alexander Delevio

Squad Roster:
Goalkeepers: Alexis Delevante, Felix Deontario, Rodriquez Pelou

Defenders: Friderick Demales, Felix Dedone, Alexander Devolta, Charles Delavare, Philip Delatte, Frank Felissippie, Yaya Ulle, Jerome Didier

Midfielders: David Delieto, Tiro Alaba, Jack Alaba , Felix Denovento, Alex Dericardo, Romelu Benteke, Eden Dembele, Phillip Pogba

Forwards: Max Delatte, Rodrick Felle, Richard Rensicky, Cristiano Deluedo, Bruno Alaba

Kit Colours:
Home
h4XZzfh.png
Away
VvYIDRX.png

Nation: Kingdom Republic of Ceretis

Name of National Manager: Alexey 'Chap' Chapman

Goalkeepers: Dingane Anholts, Ryan Dudek, Dane Deforest

Defenders: Dirk Amsel, Ian Holt, Sachio Oshiro, Kaz Kowalski, Bazyli Duda, Rene Favager, Sorrell Cousineau, Aubrey Morel

Midfielders: Macy Bonfils, Guy Daviau, Witold Chmiel, Maro Fujioka, Dai Miyamoto, Toby Byatt, Charles Hoskins, Wolf Gotti

Forwards: Wade Creed, Kelly Boer, Keitaro Hisakawa, Randy Sitko, Thomas Mikolajczak
7oumqCXh.jpg
Yr2kxXkh.jpg

Sergio86:
i don't get it, how wil we play??
Let me clear this up properly so others don't get confused, this isn't so much as a roleplay. It is a regional tournament where we all enter teams and just see who wins the cup. I'll be updating you all on the tournament as it is happening. I'll be adding any good applications to the roster shortly. You won't have to write out matches, or anything like that.

True Sebland and Ceretis, you are both accepted.

Nation: (Republic of) Lorbank

Name of National Manager: Antoine Šabala

Squad Roster: Daniel Vanins - Paul Zulis, Calvin Swami, Gary Krotch, Alex Cauna - Martin le Roy, Karl Smith - Thomas Alar, James Robarts - Javi Guerra, Wifred Ritchie --> line up is: 4-2-2-2

Kit Colours: Home --> green ; Away ---> blue ; Goalkeeper --> white
MSBTnaG.png
8jjzyQO.png
BCGDo6Q.png

bULNxka.png

I think everyone should add a three-letter code, like FIFA codes
Mine would be: LRB

I support this idea, but before the next cup, there should be qualifiers :P
And which nation would host?

Lorbank:
Nation: (Republic of) Lorbank

Name of National Manager: Antoine Šabala

Squad Roster: Daniel Vanins - Paul Zulis, Calvin Swami, Gary Krotch, Alex Cauna - Martin le Roy, Karl Smith - Thomas Alar, James Robarts - Javi Guerra, Wifred Ritchie --> line up is: 4-2-2-2

Kit Colours: Home --> green ; Away ---> blue ; Goalkeeper --> white

bULNxka.png

I think everyone should add a three-letter code, like FIFA codes
Mine would be: LRB

I support this idea, but before the next cup, there should be qualifiers :P
And which nation would host?
Accepted, thank you for applying!

And yes, next time there will be qualifying groups. It doesn't really matter if you have a 3 letter code, but I'll add them anyway. I am hosting. I have a list of stadiums, locations and times. They'll be released closer to the beginning of the group stages.

Kasch:

And yes, next time there will be qualifying groups. It doesn't really matter if you have a 3 letter code, but I'll add them anyway. I am hosting. I have a list of stadiums, locations and times. They'll be released closer to the beginning of the group stages.
Okay, good.
But if you host, you will attend in the competition, won't you?

Lorbank:
Kasch:

Okay, good.
But if you host, you will attend in the competition, won't you?
Of course.

I'll add my application in a minute, then add myself to the roster.

Nation: Naizerre (NZE)

Name of National Manager: Nelson Bangui

Squad Roster:
Goalkeepers: Maham Karim, Kousso Abeliyad, Prince Samba

Defenders: Jonas Samba, Joel Rüffier, Joseph Ngonba, Nelson Radibe, Pierre-Erick Hart, Rivo Torres, Brin Biro, Kylin Tno

Midfielders: Ricard Bangui, Tiro Robert, Franck Tiote, Jardel, Joselu Nbime, Adale Troure, Yaya Tano, Balde Toure

Forwards: Didier Derdain, Druze, Tomas Lubusic, Joseph Nbime

Kit Colours:
SUNkk57.png
cW4tuGR.png

Nation: Sadakoyama

Name of National Manager: Leszek Stefanovic

Squad Roster:
0 Kir Lorentz GK
1 Jo Sarka D
2 Pascale Spini D
3 Darius Becke D
4 Brette Lauritz D
5 Petya Zeni D
6 Curtis Girard D
7 Gabriel Rusnak M
8 Arkady Haase M
9 Rodger Seward M
10 Raelyn Ruzicka M
11 Kay Böhme M
12 Nicolau Portner F
13 Barnabé Irving F
14 Manny Hutson F
15 Ally Faerber CF
16 Francine Armbruster ALT
17 Erik Rennell ALT
18 Cesarino Sherman ALT
19 Annika Deering ALT
20 Monika MacClellan ALT
21 Hector Linton ALT
22 Chevonne Studwick ALT
23 Sabina Vieth ALT

Kit Colours: Black, Blue, Grey
Ft4EBr3.png

Nation: Kaschovia

Name of National Manager: Kiraly M. Vassalenko

(4-4-2)
  • GK - Oskar Gubrol
  • LB - Henrich Von Halsch
  • CB - Noel T. Robertson
  • CB - Joseph Harrison
  • RB - Vitaly Kirova
  • CM - Andros Melosa
  • CM - Walter P. Jason
  • RM - Rodrigo V. Garcia
  • LM - Emil Haldreva
  • ST - George T. Hill
  • ST - Oliver Hayes
Kit Colours: Purple + Black

Nation: The Commonwealth of Kialga-Lourti (KGL)

Name of National Manager: Derren Reynolds

Kit Colours: Cerise, Navy, Pacific

CZO5YCy.png
8F5teMP.png

Squad Roster: (4-2-3-1)

No.[c]Position[c]Player[c]2[c]Defender[c]Logan Kynaston*[c]4[c]Midfielder[c]Harve Clemens*[c]5[c]Defender[c]Cy Olhouser*[c]6[c]Midfielder[c]Zack Winfield*[c]7[c]Midfielder[c]Kendal Key*[c]8[c]Midfielder[c]Shad Watkins*[c]9[c]Forward[c]Casey Buckley*[c]10[c]Midfielder[c]Slade Reynolds[c]11[c]Midfielder[c]Scott Spears*[c]12[c]Midfielder[c]Brant Gray[c]13[c]Goalkeeper[c]Chris Parish*[c]14[c]Forward[c]Mayson Danniel[c]15[c]Defender[c]Lynwood Thompson*[c]17[c]Forward[c]Noah Durant[c]18[c]Midfielder[c]Ronny Mathers[c]19[c]Midfielder[c]Vinal Abramson[c]20[c]Midfielder[c]Seward Evanson[c]22[c]Forward[c]Colby Giles[c]24[c]Defender[c]Arlie Frank*[c]28[c]Goalkeeper[c]Anthony Rye[c]31[c]Forward[c]Trent Kingston[c]36[c]Midfielder[c]Micah Stidolph[c]70[c]Midfielder[c]Leslie Strange

* - Starting Lineup

Nation: Praeceps

Name of National Manager: Joel Zhao

Squad Roster:
GK - Aaron Monro
LB - Wally McMahon
CB - Nidra Goda
CB - Joseph Harrison
RB - Mohan Pillay
CM - Diego Rios
CM - Holden Ford
RM - Seung Lee
LM - Min Oh
ST - Ben Lajoie
ST - Harry Lajoie

Kit Colours: Navy blue, black, white

Nation: IndieGirl (IGU)

Name of National Manager: Rhys Winchester

Squad Roster:
NO. [c] NAME [c] POSITION [c]0[c]Penn Mayer*[c]Goalkeeper [c]1[c]Maxwell Hobbes[c]Goalkeeper [c]3[c]Charlotte Singer[c]Goalkeeper[c]4[c][img=150,150]http://i.imgur.com/d8JO2hR.jpg[/img] Dean Remington*[c]Defender[c]6[c][img=150,150]http://i.imgur.com/wRdQmBX.jpg[/img] Sophie Oswald*[c]Defender[c]8[c]Robert "Bobbo" Plath*[c]Defender[c]10[c]Kenneth Carroll*[c]Defender[c]12[c]Gregory Upton*[c]Defender[c]14[c]Matilda Minuet[c]Defender[c]16[c]Calvin Locke[c]Defender[c]18[c]Charlie Waters[c]Defender[c]5[c]Matthias Tellington*[c]Midfielder[c]7[c]D. Reid Peart*[c]Midfielder[c]9[c]Ray Laurie[c]Midfielder[c]11[c]Hazel Whitaker*[c]Midfielder[c]15[c]Alana Bonham[c]Midfielder[c]17[c]Marko Blake[c]Midfielder[c]19[c]Adella Shelley[c]Midfielder[c]21[c]Kip Fotheringham[c]Midfielder[c]23[c]Alice Mason[c]Midfielder[c]25[c]Ginny Poole[c]Midfielder[c]28[c]Blake Eyre*[c]Striker[c]26[c]Nikolla Rose*[c]Striker[c]24[c]Gilmour Bailey[c]Striker[c]22[c]Lincoln "Link" Teller[c]Striker

Kit Colours: Emerald, Purple, Gold, Black

Kit:
Home
[img=250,300]http://i.imgur.com/vt48N3s.jpg[/img]
Away
[img=250,300]http://i.imgur.com/9m2WQF6l.jpg[/img]
Goalkeeper
[img=250,300]http://i.imgur.com/IeBCRDf.jpg[/img]

WZsndBw.png

Accepted, I'm adding you all to the roster.

There are just 5 places left in the tournament, so if you are reading this and you are interested in joining the cup, please post your application on this thread!

Nation: Antarticeuropa (AE)
Name of National Manager: Heino Azzarà

Squad Roster:
0 Slavomír Leeuwenhoek GK
1 Pancrazio Martin D
2 Iarfhlaith Marquardt D
3 Jeptha Bartosz D
4 Verner Starek D
5 Hinrik Desjardins D
6 Karl Ó Taidhg D
7 Oscar Foster M
8 Daniel Beringer M
9 Mort Jager M
10 Wallace Thayer M
11 Eluf Souza M
12 Taavi Richter F
13 Pepe Kalmár F
14 Alby Franke F
15 Mi?jo Monahan CF
16 Heino Wirner ALT
17 Kyle Stolarz ALT
18 Juanito Viola ALT
19 Elias Cowden ALT
20 Gert Faerber ALT
21 Tex Bazzoli ALT
22 Caelan Santos ALT
23 Roland Penners ALT

Kit Colours:
Silver, Black, Gold, and White.

Roster updated, all applications have been accepted.

There is just ONE more place left in the tournament, applications will be closing very soon!

Nation: The Grand Federation of Xentherida (XEN), team nickname: Xentheridan Flames.

Name of National Manager: Leo Cederström

0 Nils Lundmark GK
1 Linus Ekdal D
2 Hannes Sparret D
3 Loke Östberg D
4 Einar Molander D
5 Elliot Lundin D
6 Anders Nordquist D
7 Allan Borg M
8 Vernik Johansson M
9 Arvid Agren M
10 Farman Ostlund M
11 Felix Johnsson M
12 Jonathan Göransson F
13 Malte Pettersson F
14 Olov Haglund F
15 Hjalmar Gunnarsson CF
16 Harald Lötvall ALT
17 Arne Davidsson ALT
18 Karl Heidenstam ALT
19 Joen Bjorkman ALT
20 Oskar Ekbom ALT
21 Ove Sparre ALT
22 Melvin Edlund ALT
23 Allan Hermansson ALT

0UxPS1h.png

QvP0tTK.png

Applications have officially closed! The roster has been filled. Group stages have been re-scheduled to June 25th so we can start earlier.

Bootsie:
Oh darn, I meant to apply...
Unlucky. I am planning on running the tournament on an annual basis, but that is subject to change. Holding it every 4 years would be way too long, and holding it every couple of months would be too much to handle.

Later today, please expect around 3 or 4 dispatches to be published on the Cup. I plan to write up the group stage draws, the teams arrivals in Kaschovia, the tournament schedule and the group tables dispatch. Look out for them.

Out of interest, how are you handling skill level in xkhoranate?

St George:
Since this is the very first tournament, I cannot determine how skilled a nation is yet. I have decided to keep the skill levels the same and take random scores. Maybe, if the same nations apply next time, I will increase a nation's skill level based on how far they got into the tournament.

Kasch:
St George:
Since this is the very first tournament, I cannot determine how skilled a nation is yet. I have decided to keep the skill levels the same and take random scores. Maybe, if the same nations apply next time, I will increase a nation's skill level based on how far they got into the tournament.
Yes, that's a good idea.
It's the same if Germany won the European Championship and one year later, they would be beaten by Andorra or San Marino. The teams have to have a strenght rate.

And what about the qualifiers?
And the next championship? The to-be host should bid in time

Lorbank:
Kasch:
St George:
Yes, that's a good idea.
It's the same if Germany won the European Championship and one year later, they would be beaten by Andorra or San Marino. The teams have to have a strenght rate.

And what about the qualifiers?
And the next championship? The to-be host should bid in time
1) Qualifiers will happen next year.
2) I was thinking of letting the winner be the host of next year, but that could change.

Offer it to the winner and if they don't want it, open it for tender.

Honestly I think we could do the cup every 6 months or so, with qualifiers starting 2 or 3 months before hand.

St George:

Honestly I think we could do the cup every 6 months or so, with qualifiers starting 2 or 3 months before hand.
Sounds like a plan.

And maybe... If I cannot run it, I will offer it someone else to follow or change the format that I have started with. So possibly, we could do it every 6 months, with qualifying rounds beginning several months prior.

St George:

Yes, I totally agree with this.
When the Cup ends, after 1-2 month the qualifiers have to be started.

And about qualifiers: are they gonna be home and away match, yeah?
For example if Lorbank were in the same qualifying group with Sierra, one match would be here and one there.

Lorbank:
St George:

Yes, I totally agree with this.
When the Cup ends, after 1-2 month the qualifiers have to be started.

And about qualifiers: are they gonna be home and away match, yeah?
For example if Lorbank were in the same qualifying group with Sierra, one match would be here and one there.
Qualifying groups would be randomly sorted, like the group stages we have now. Then yes, we would have home and away fixtures. We would need an open signup, requiring less information than an official sign up. Then we would just score the qualifying groups until everyone has played each other twice. The top 4 would go through and qualify for the cup.

And one more suggestion.
I would give two points for scoring draw. So why a 1-1 or 3-3 game worths a same as a boring 0-0?
So I would give 3 for a win, 2 for scoring draw, 1 for goalless draw and 0 for lose.

What about this?

I'd prefer just to use 3-1-0 like normal football, but I'm fine either way. :P

Let's stick to the simplistic way of scoring and use 1 point for draws, though I understand why you'd want to suggest that.

Kasch:
Let's stick to the simplistic way of scoring and use 1 point for draws, though I understand why you'd want to suggest that.
Maybe you saw the Hungary - Portugal game too :P That game worthed 2 points for each team.

Lorbank:
Kasch:
Maybe you saw the Hungary - Portugal game too :P That game worthed 2 points for each team.
I watched it, and I loved every second of it. So yes, I can see why you would suggest the idea, but I'd rather go the easy route.

Nation: (Kingdom) Markey

Name of National Manager: Fabio Capello
Squad Roster: Forwards:Luis Suárez,Lionel Messi,Neymar,Paco Alcácer

Midfielders: Javier Mascherano,Rafinha,Sergi Roberto,André Gomes

Defenders: Aleix Vidal,Samuel Umtiti, Jérémy Mathieu, Jordi Alba, Lucas Digne

Goalkeepers:Jordi Masip,Jasper Cillessen

line up is: 4-3-3

Kit Colours: Home --> Gold ; Away ---> Black ,Gold ; Goalkeeper --> white

Following the results of the qualifications, the following teams have joined Naizerre in the finals:

Group A: Kaschovia and Trinster
Group B: Xentherida and Antarticeuropa
Group C: Lorbank and Cheongji
Group D: OPArsenal and Eoin island (CTEd)
Group E: Sadakoyama and Lajikstan (CTEd)
Group F: True Sebland (CTEd) and Coldloz (CTEd)
Group G: Northern Scovia and Baleine Kingdom
Group H: Highton Islands and Islands of Unity

Discounting the CTE'd nations, that gives 12 qualifiers meaning 13 with Naizerre. This leaves 3 spots in the tournament open which with Kaschovia's permission I'll dole out to nations which have been part of previous football rp on the forum, namely:

The Grim Reaper (Imperium Augustum), Syrixia and Guslantis

Back