Trade Goods

Esplandia

Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
I know this world building convention hasn't had much activity, but I thought this might be a good subject to talk about. What kind of trade goods does your nation offer? I mean what are your biggest exports? And for that matter, what are your biggest imports? These are good questions because it will decide trade alliances and reasons why you perhaps wouldn't go to war with, or condemn, a nation that you trade heavily with.

I've kinda made Esplandia an exporter of raw materials. Historically Iron and copper, but these days its biggest exports are Tungsten, copper, machinery, parts, and agricultural products (cheese being the biggest one since that's the only thing I'm in the top 1% of in the region). It's biggest imports are electronics, luxury goods, pharmaceuticals, and medical equipment.

What kind of goods do other nation's trade in?

Trinster has vast reserves of silicon, a few other base materials for electronics, but gold is (naturaly) rare, and as such is imported. Aluminium is also imported for construction. Trinsters major exports are electronics, software, and military supplys (Though mainly previous gen from Trinsters current stuff, no exo-suits for you)

As a note, anyone who claims to make everything and have all resources etc etc etc isn't someone I'm going to take seriously - nor am I likely to even acknowledge what they claim in RP.

What you guys have posted thus far is really good, and shows you've put some thought into what goods your nations have and do not have.

We basically do not have a mining industry, so we have to import nearly all the metals and minerals we can't get from the ocean. We do mine uranium and other fissionables on a limited basis, and are willing to export those. We export luxury goods such as hardwoods, rare foodstuffs and spices, and other exotic biomaterials (some natural, some engineered); also media content, technological knowledge, and drugs of any and all effects and flavors. We also have epic amounts of rainfall in a pristine, car- and heavy industry-free environment, so bottled boxed water is an export product as well.

Syrixia specializes in technological engineering and diamond mining among other things. Shei Ren, I don't know yet. Rhuvanland is a gloryfield of transition metals and unique forms of wood.

The Sta'nh Ye'ra tends to focus primarily on manufactured goods, mostly medical technology (including medicinal chemicals from some of the native plants), due to the crappy soil preventing much agriculture (largest import sector is actually agricultural goods), and mildly restrictive environmental laws (not to mention the mildly restrictive environment). However, there is a small (maybe just large enough to export a little bit each year) but decent timber industry, and a few mining operations going on, mostly for coal and uranium, and a pretty decent fishing industry.

I've been thinking a lot about the Sastennic economy recently. Our economy relies mainly on heavy manufacturing, engineering and information technology, sort of like Germany and Japan IRL, but on a larger scale. Exports thus consist of automobiles and parts, aerospace products (up to and including large airliners), high-tech medical equipment, engineered machinery (robots, manufacturing tools and equipment, electrical generation equipment, construction vehicles etc. (this is a very large category)), general consumer goods, as well as computers, software and other electronic goods. Despite our need to import much of our food, artisan cheeses, meats, breads and pastries are Sastennic specialties and tend to be widely exported. Anthracite coal is also surprisingly common in Sasten, and is a fairly large export. We also have an extensive shipbuilding and ship-scrapping industry, so prospective shipping companies and navies may consider using our facilities (for a price).

Our biggest import would be agricultural goods, as feeding a population of nearly 200 million without an exceedingly huge land area just isn't going to happen. Other large imports are forestry products (most of our remaining forests are protected), steel (iron is rare enough in Sasten that bronze was the go-to metal rather then iron until just over 200 years ago), nickel, aluminium, and other primary sector materials. Oil deposits are nearly non-existent in Sasten, so petroleum products are a large import as well, though not as large as it could be since Sastennic automobiles do not use petroleum-based fuels, running instead on hydrogen, natural gas or electricity.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. At some point, I'd like to make one of those export tree-map charts for Sasten, but that'll be a project for later.

Plembobria's largest sectors are agriculture and natural gas. We have some oil reserves but they are small and dwindling. Telecommunications and IT are growing and will probably take over as the dominant industries eventually.

The DU Free Trade Agreement has mostly reduced the size of our already small manufacturing sector, and there is concern over whether our agricultural sector can remain competitive on the global market. (It is heavily subsidized.)

Tourism is also a strong part of the economy.

We import almost all raw materials.

I will be the first then, to stake the claim on being the main oil producer of Eras and one of its main natural gas producers.

Cronaal has a source of oil which has not been exploited. It also has a coal mine that was included within the deals with Nebula regarding the Kalinins/Anchor and is 'shared' by both nations.

We have a good reserve of Gold but most of our money is gained through trade with and via our protectorates. Vehicle Manufacture, Tourism, Weapons, private security contracts, clean energy technology and novelty lamps shaped like marital aides (conversely novelty marital aides shaped like lamps... thank you Dr Bright.)

The Lancerian Empire produces very high quality emeralds (the green in the flag is from this historically well-established industry), lumber, and clean energy tech as well as a large industry exporting ships and planes manufactured in the Empire. We tend to import oil, cars, computers, and consumer goods.

For us, automobiles, and we have some oil and gas reserves off our eastern coast, similar to the North Sea reserves off the coast of Britain/Norway. We import a lot of pharmaceutical products. We have a small mining industry of titanium, vanadium, tantalum, and other similar metals, and we also export mainly wheat and rice, in terms of agriculture.

Another couple of exports we would have are fish, white wine, and fruits, especially oranges, lemons, and limes. Apples and pears are more common in the north.

We would import a lot of technological products, and a little oil too. We'd also import uranium, but that's shrinking, turning instead to solar panels and wind turbines.

Our main sector is tertiary with 56%, then quarternary at 28%, followed by secondary, at 12%, then primary at 4%.

This is all rough for me, and will probably be changed in the future.

updated fb accordingly...

Imports
Agricultural products, industrial supplies (uranium), natural resources (gold), capital goods (computers, telecommunications equipment, motor vehicle parts, office machines, electric power machinery), and consumer goods (automobiles, clothing, medicines, furniture, toys).

Exports
Natural Resources:
Petroleum, natural gas, coal, copper, lead, molybdenum, phosphates, uranium, bauxite, gold, iron, mercury, nickel, potash, silver, tungsten, zinc, timber

Agricultural Products:
Wheat, corn, other grains, fruits, vegetables, cotton, beef, pork, poultry, dairy products, fish, forest products, exotic animals

Finished Goods:
Agricultural products (soybeans, fruit, corn), industrial supplies (organic chemicals, crude oil), capital goods (transistors, aircraft, aerospace, and motor vehicle parts and equipment, computers, telecommunications equipment, military hardware, nuclear equipment, steel, superalloys), consumer goods (automobiles, medical and recreational pharmaceuticals)

Exports: Natural gas, petroleum, natural recources (mainly iron, gold and bauxite), coal, agricultural products, consumer goods (clothing, automobiles and aircrafts), medical equipment and medicaments, (sandstone)

Imports: natural recources(uranium, copper, molybdenum, zinc), industrial supplies (uranium), eletronics, exotic fruits, timber, consumer goods, computers, telecommunications equipment

Imports: Petroleum, natural gas, coal, salt, automobiles, sulphur, military goods (weapons, fixtures of military equipments), fish, timber

Exports: Agricultural products (mainly wheat and fruits), cheese, basket, beverages (mainly alcoholic and sof drinks), consumer goods, communication equipments, industry goods, iron ore, aluminium

-DEPARTMENT of COMMERCE, OFFICE of INTERNATIONAL TRADE-
We produce a wide range of materials and finished goods. We gladly participate in free trade and look forward to competition and new or alternative technologies. Similar to all nations, we certainly do not produce every good and service available. We look forward to our regional trade partners (you) to fill the needs of our ever growing economy and those of our global re-export trade hub partner's needs.

EXPORTS
Refined and Crude petroleum, and Hydrocarbon gasses
(Our Proprietary Fuel Technology) Nanobio-encapsulated hydrogen fuel (and other hydrogen technologies) - Direct 'fossil fuel' replacement.
Automobiles and parts
Aeronautics, Astronautics, and associated parts
Health technology (Medicines, vaccines, procedures and systems)
Biotechnology (incl. Genetic Engineering and Genomic Services)
Electronics, Integrated circuits, Semiconductors, and Optics (Telephones, Fusion, Software, Computers, CPU, Cameras, Fiber-optics, Broadcast Tech, etc)
Agribusiness (Seeds, Farming implements, Fertilizers, Pesticides, Greenhouse plants)
Agricultural Products
Crops: Wheat, Rice, Corn, Soybean, Vegetables, Coffee, Tea, Sugar, Apples, Blueberries, Cherries, Bananas, etc
Specialty products: Truffles, Caviar, Cheese, Wine, Herbs, Spices, Chocolate,
Arms and Defense equipment and services
industrial technologies, precision and purpose built machines / robotics
Construction Technology and Services
Raw / Processed materials (Steel, Orichalcum, Spider silk, Cotton, Titanium, Anthracite Coal/Coke, Rare Earth Elements, etc)
Entertainment/Media and Publishing (Movies, Electronic gaming, Television, Books, Animated,
Chemicals and Polymers
Consumer and luxury goods (Jewelry, Textiles, Foods, Clothing, Tobacco, Recreational Pharma, Furniture, Domestic implements, etc.)
Multi-regional re-export trade hub

IMPORTS
Agricultural (Fish, Fruits, Vegetables, Spices, Herbs, Salt, Rice, Specialty products, Cheese, Alcohol, Soft Drinks, specialty waters, cured meats, etc)
Raw Materials (Iron, Bronze, Nickel, Vanadium, Tantalum, Copper, Phosphates, Tungsten, Silica, Gold, Silver, Uranium, Aluminum, Plutonium, Minerals, etc)
Electronics (Software, Consumer electronics, Broadcast equipment, telecommunication, IT services, etc)
Luxury Goods (Silk, hardwoods, exotic foods, spices, perfumes/colognes, exotic animals, exotic bio-materials, diamonds, emeralds, jewelry, etc)
Skilled immigrants
Health Technologies (Equipment, Pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemicals, etc)
Machinery (Robotics, Manufacturing technology, Tools, Construction equipment, Nuclear equipment, etc)
Transportation (Aerospace, ships, cars/automotive and parts)
Arms and Defense (Offensive and Defensive systems and technologies large and small)
Environmental (Clean technologies, pollution mitigation technologies)
Consumer goods (Furniture, clothing, books, toys, baskets, etc.)
Multi-regional re-export trade hub product needs.

The main export of Tajis is wine. It makes up 65% of the countries GDP. Esplandia is the main buyer of their wines.

Tajin imports are mainly machinery, cereal grains, produce, medicines, and technology, though they have to import nearly everything being a small landlocked nation.

SillyString imports basically everything, and mainly exports fish. This includes shellfish, crustaceans, and other various food items that can be found underwater. It also exports luxury items to a small degree, such as wood from the Koa tree, which is native to the island and prized internationally by artisan woodworkers.

Additionally, SillyString exports excessive amounts of freedom. :P

Back