thegemini For Delegate- A Stronger Region!

Implying?

I am recognising that Praetor has good ideas, is a fresh face and is being wholly positive and constructive in his desire to lead The North Pacific.

If I lose, I lose. I am able to accept and recognise that fact - are you able to in turn?

thegemini:
Delegate, I will entertain any cock and bull story you send me. Just make sure you attach a signature. They are quite laughable.
Given that all of Ravenclaw's posts have his signature in the aptly named 'signature', I'm inclined to believe that this is an admissal of your failure to actually read anything he, or anyone else, posts.

I don't think anyone could seriously doubt Raven's loyalty to our region given all the work he has put in here, including his support of multiple administrations. If anyone can manage multiple hats without causing a conflict of interest it is Raven.

I do not approve of opportunistic cosmopolitanism, that weakens communities and undermines their sovereignty & culture. You're suggesting that Raven is like that because he is involved in 2 regions? One he founded himself, and one he has stood loyally by, supported, and served for years. That is idiotic.

I don't approve of opportunistic idiotic campaign attacks. Having worn some before myself. However great it is to see new people standing up, I wish that you (thegemini) had taken the time to understand this region and our history before you started throwing baseless accusations at our Delegate.

flemingovia:
I am beginning to think this is just a troll campaign. We have seen this before.

This :agree:

thegemini:
Kialga:
thegemini:
Cronaal:
thegemini:
Control over two regions is to much. He is either fulltime TNP patriot or fulltime monarchist
No, things don't work like that.
He can't be both. The founder of one and Delegate of this one. He is either 100% TNP or 100% Kingdom of Alexandria. We are the largest democracy in the world.

He has to much power. Maybe His Majesty should be granted Letters Patent for the title of Monopoly Man.
Do you not understand NationStates? There are multiple people who are members of multiple regions, you aren't tied down to one. So many players take on responsibilities to multiple regions, be it to expand their influence and expand their playtime in the game. You can lead a region and do work in another without being against either, it's part of the game.

:fish:
You cant deny that a Monarchist Delegate would give a poor public image to a Democratic region.
He's been delegate for 4 months now and the public image hasn't been altered, has it? I might be severely out of some loop in some corner of NS, but TNP is still as strong and respected a region as it was when Raven took office earlier this year.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Implying?

I am recognising that Praetor has good ideas, is a fresh face and is being wholly positive and constructive in his desire to lead The North Pacific.

If I lose, I lose. I am able to accept and recognise that fact - are you able to in turn?
Positive?
Delegate, your the one who comes on this forum all the time. I have never went on your forum to start fights.

mcmasterdonia:
I don't think anyone could seriously doubt Raven's loyalty to our region given all the work he has put in here, including his support of multiple administrations. If anyone can manage multiple hats without causing a conflict of interest it is Raven.

I do not approve of opportunistic cosmopolitanism, that weakens communities and undermines their sovereignty & culture. You're suggesting that Raven is like that because he is involved in 2 regions? One he founded himself, and one he has stood loyally by, supported, and served for years. That is idiotic.

I don't approve of opportunistic idiotic campaign attacks. Having worn some before myself. However great it is to see new people standing up, I wish that you (thegemini) had taken the time to understand this region and our history before you started throwing baseless accusations at our Delegate.

flemingovia:
I am beginning to think this is just a troll campaign. We have seen this before.

Well he is your husband....maybe you should put your region first instead of him....something your actually well known for.

Kialga:
thegemini:
Kialga:
thegemini:
Cronaal:
thegemini:
Control over two regions is to much. He is either fulltime TNP patriot or fulltime monarchist
No, things don't work like that.
He can't be both. The founder of one and Delegate of this one. He is either 100% TNP or 100% Kingdom of Alexandria. We are the largest democracy in the world.

He has to much power. Maybe His Majesty should be granted Letters Patent for the title of Monopoly Man.
Do you not understand NationStates? There are multiple people who are members of multiple regions, you aren't tied down to one. So many players take on responsibilities to multiple regions, be it to expand their influence and expand their playtime in the game. You can lead a region and do work in another without being against either, it's part of the game.

You cant deny that a Monarchist Delegate would give a poor public image to a Democratic region.
He's been delegate for 4 months now and the public image hasn't been altered, has it? I might be severely out of some loop in some corner of NS, but TNP is still as strong and respected a region as it was when Raven took office earlier this year.

Your from his regio. I don't know about that.

thegemini:
Your from his regio. I don't know about that.
Be that as it may, but I'm also from a region of my own founding. As I've stated previously, you can be a part of multiple regions, leading some even, without being against any of them. You don't seem to be bothering to understand this concept.

flemingovia:
He is the one who trolls me. I haven't posted once on his forum.
He's not trolling you, though. He is posting on a forum that he is not only a citizen from, but the Delegate and leader of.

thegemini:
I wouldn't expect his wife, a fellow monarchist and a few ministers to agree with me.

thegemini:
mcmasterdonia:

flemingovia:

Well he is your husband....maybe you should put your region first instead of him....something your actually well known for.

:lol: Raven will be the first to tell you that I always honestly tell him what I think, whether he wants to hear it or not. But keep casting aspersions against other people rather than respond to their criticism.

Also I am definitely a republican. However supporting 'monarchism' in other regions in NS is fine. If all regions were the same, NS would be very boring indeed.

thegemini:
I wouldn't expect his wife, a fellow monarchist and a few ministers to agree with me.
I'm afraid you are missing the point.

It isn't just a group of Raven sympathisers opposing your campaign. I don't think you have the experience to run a region as large as TNP. And, unfortunately, based on your conduct herein, I doubt you have the maturity either.

I am opposed to your candidacy because you are a new nation that has demonstrated a lack of understanding on how TNP is governed. You have put no effort into learning about how it works and have not taken any time to work within the system that you are so very quick to insult.

I personally don't like some of the decisions the Delegate has made, but that is not equivalent to stating he is a puppet of an outside force or that his administration has been a failure, or that he is incompetent. You are running on a campaign of falsehoods and conjecture that can not be supported and you will therefore not be Delegate. Unless I am sadly mistaken about the voting population of this region.

Gracius Maximus:
thegemini:
I'm afraid you are missing the point.

It isn't just a group of Raven sympathisers opposing your campaign. I don't think you have the experience to run a region as large as TNP. And, unfortunately, based on your conduct herein, I doubt you have the maturity either.

I am opposed to your candidacy because you are a new nation that has demonstrated a lack of understanding on how TNP is governed. You have put no effort into learning about how it works and have not taken any time to work within the system that you are so very quick to insult.

I personally don't like some of the decisions the Delegate has made, but that is not equivalent to stating he is a puppet of an outside force or that his administration has been a failure, or that he is incompetent. You are running on a campaign of falsehoods and conjecture that can not be supported and you will therefore not be Delegate. Unless I am sadly mistaken about the voting population of this region.
But yet you have said my hearts in the right place. Remember?

I have a announcement to make.

I feel like I have an ethical responsibility to inform you that I have been approached, in confidence by a security councillor that is making a speech to threaten resignation. I put politics completely aside as I tell you about this development.
I am shocked and concerned by this and take it very seriously. I find my self speechless.
Within 24 hours they will address TNP with their speech.

I am unsure of the exact circumstances behind this. They have asked me not to disclose anything as of yet.

I do not plan on politicizing this issue. They have asked that their speech stand on its own and I will respect and follow that decision.

Thank you for your time, thegemini

thegemini:

I feel like I have an ethical responsibility to inform you that I have been approached, in confidence by a security councillor that is making a speech to threaten resignation. I put politics completely aside as I tell you about this development.
I am shocked and concerned by this and take it very seriously. I find my self speechless.

I am unsure of the exact circumstances behind this. They have asked me not to disclose anything as of yet.

I do not plan on politicizing this issue. They have asked that their speech stand on its own and I will respect and follow that decision.

Umm, okay.

Are you a Roman puppet?

No I am not. This is serious. I will be away from this forum tonight helping an ailing grandparent.
I will drop in and read the councillors address tomorrow and look at comments on this forum.

thegemini:

Putting it in your campaign thread violates the confidence of the conversation. It also politicizes it whether you wanted to or not.

Please don't politicize the Security Council.

Guy:
This has gone from "overambitious new guy" to "half-witted unpleasant try-hard"
Tryhard or no, this guy's thread brought Amerion, Malvad, and Kialga back. Miracle worker, this guy is!

Malvad:
thegemini:

Putting it in your campaign thread violates the confidence of the conversation. It also politicizes it whether you wanted to or not.

Please don't politicize the Security Council.
That!^

Also, sir, the jig is up. Please stop this horrid joke you've been playing. It's not funny.

Syrixia:
Guy:
Tryhard or no, this guy's thread brought Amerion, Malvad, and Kialga back. Miracle worker, this guy is!
Lol

I have enough love for both Lazarus and TNP to share :tnp:

Gotta admit though, this has added some drama to what would otherwise have been a predicable election.

Syrixia:
Guy:
Psh, Kialga's always been here, just dead!

Kialga just doesn't involve himself much in forums as he does chatrooms :P

Crazy campaigns bring crazy people forward, dear Syrixia, and this is just the one.

ummm...........
yeah I agree the forums are kinda inactive and I'm hoping to get into the RP eventually
but this is getting weird Dx

Yuno:
ummm...........
yeah I agree the forums are kinda inactive and I'm hoping to get into the RP eventually
We've had 500+ posts today and right now have 30 members online.

How are the forums inactive?

Lord Ravenclaw:
Yuno:
ummm...........

Over the past month we have averaged over 200 posts each day, which is double the average across the lifetime of this board.

3,457 in May so far.

In other words, we are more active now than at most times in our history.

I do not know the stats from elsewhere, but i suspect we are more active than most forums in NS.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Yuno:
ummm...........

*warning`` rant incoming*
I can't check the Culture part because Access Denied so the last post I see is on march, the Delegate's Government is inactive, The North Pacific University and Role Play sections are inactive (except 1 guy posting) or maybe I don't know how it works, i'm not interested in Court drama, need my WA elsewhere so can't do Security Council, embassies are embassies, only OOC is fun. Maybe there needs to be more new threads. Or I'm bad at looking because I'm losing places to post/participate. So I thought "sOOOOO INACTIVE!"

Back