At Vote:[GA] Preservation of Artefacts [Complete]

Preservation of Artefacts
A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.
Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Cultural Heritage
Proposed by: Abacathea

Description: Esteemed members of the World Assembly,

Acknowledging the tremendous work this esteemed body tirelessly undertakes towards the betterment of the international community.

Proud that years from now, the legislative libraries left behind by this august assembly will leave a historical legacy for the generations to come yet.

Cognizant that whilst our legacy will be preserved, this will not be the case for all nations and their historical footprints.

Resolved to ensuring that no nation simply fades into obscurity.

Hereby;

(I)Mandates that no nation be it occupying, invading, defending or native, or person(s) representing a nation in an official capacity is permitted to destroy an item which, on a reasonable suspicion would lend itself to the belief that this item is of historical significance barring a circumstance of immediate threat to life or limb that would justify said destruction.

(II)Creates the International Historical Archives, a non-profit archive established under and sustained via WA funds thereafter, accompanied by an educational visitor center established as part of this archive, allowing generations current and future to learn of civilisations past and present and to benefit from same.

(III)Mandates that any historical artefact coming to the possession of a government should be;
(a)If native to that land, preserved/displayed in a way seen best fit by the government of the day.
(b)(I)If not native to that land transferred to the IHA for analysis, cataloguing, display and preservation post any scientific analysis deemed appropriate by the discovering party (unless such analysis would risk the destruction of said artefact), without delay or,
(b)(II)If not native to that land and the movement/transfer of such would result in irreperable damage to, or destruction of the artefact in question, preserved in situ until such a time as it can be safely removed.
(c)If an item is discovered by an invading force and would be native to the land in which it is discovered, subsection (b) will apply.

(IV)Clarifies that the purpose of the IHA is purely the preservation of historical items for educational and scientific reasons and that should any national government wish to reclaim an item archived pursuant to (III)(a) the archive will comply with this request.

(V)Further clarifies that if an item is sent to the IHA pursuant to section III(B) or III(C) and subsequent tests reveal it to be an item native to the land of discovery, section (IV) will apply.

(VI)Encourages further national governments to volunteer their own artefacts to the IHA for educational display and preservation purposes.

Defining for the purpose of this act;
Historical Significance as; important in the historical growth, development or understanding of a culture, nation, civilization or person of note.

Please vote: For, Against, Abstain, or Present.

Poke. Mouse, this proposal is in the GA, not the SC, just a minor error. ;)

Speaking of minor errors, the only thing I find wrong about this proposal is that artifacts is misspelled, but I believe that can be fixed once put into law (someone will correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore, I urge the Delegate to vote Aye on this proposal.

My OCD says to vote against because of the spelling of "artifacts", but my brain says to vote for because of everything else.

Aye. :P

Bootsie:
Poke. Mouse, this proposal is in the GA, not the SC, just a minor error. ;)

Speaking of minor errors, the only thing I find wrong about this proposal is that artifacts is misspelled, but I believe that can be fixed once put into law (someone will correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore, I urge the Delegate to vote Aye on this proposal.
*polishes halo* I don't know what you're talking about, Bootsie! Of course this is a GA resolution!

;)

Too tired, and typed the wrong acronym. Whoops.

Aye. How refreshing to see a resolution that is on-point, relevant, and useful to the world! We note the strange choice of the disfavored British spelling "artefact," but will overlook this stylistic choice.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back