OOC: Enjoying The Sun

Gonna make a post in a bit, a couple of Xentheridans try for signal but there's none. One will be a part of a group looking for water, or something like that. There will be limited provisions, which will be the food and stuff from the plane (is it a long flight?), but also a way to get communication would be good. They need something large to burn for a signal fire (they could extract the jet fuel and light it), but a lighter could be in the other half of luggage that was ejected. They could also use their clothes to signal for help, and other things like that.

Also Sebland, great name for the title. Talk about cruel irony!

EDIT: I have a couple of questions:

1) Where was it headed? I don't need an exact destination, but was it a) to a place within Sebland, b) to a nearby nation, c) to a medium destination ( or d) to a far-away destination, like other side of Eras? Use this link and describe the distance: Here.

2) What type of plane was it? Was it like an Airbus A380, which can carry about 500 people, or a smaller aircraft? Using the length of the flight you can describe the size of the craft e.g. longer flights = larger aircraft.

3) How many people were injured? If it's a properly conducted emergency landing in an ideal environment, then fatalities (deaths) would be minimal and there would be few casualties (injuries). However, since it's soft sand, a fair percentage (20-40%) would be injured, sporting from whiplash to lacerations to broken bones. It was a well-done landing, however, so there would probably be no deaths.

EDIT 2: Not going to rush that far ahead, just a makeshift operation on a woman who's sitting beside him, who happens to be Xentheridan.

I'd like to have someone on the plane, if it's all right. Not quite sure what they'd do yet, though.

Just so you know what type of desert we're talking about, here are some photos.

DaKY8jq.png

q798XoM.png

OrzVd82.png

nw9Z62W.png

It was a Short-haul flight and it was an airbus a320.

True Sebland:
It was a Short-haul flight and it was an airbus a320.
Those planes can carry up to 220 people, so we can get the amount wounded; say, roughly 30%? That would total about 66 people injured.

Next, if it's a short-haul, where is the flight to and from? How far is this? Using this data, I can calculate how much fuel is left on the plane, because my idea is that the passengers find the luggage dumped by the plane, one which contains a lighter, and they ignite some fuel to send up smoke, and signal that way for help. Or one of them just focuses their glasses using the sun or something to ignite it, and instead the dumped cargo contains more medical equipment, or some dumped food/water which they need to survive.

Maths needed: A320 burn rate is 2945.67 lb/hr, which is roughly 434 gallons/hr. An A320 typically carries 6,400 gallons, meaning fuel lasts for 14 hours. Cruising speed is 828km/h. So to get the fuel left, do the following;

Get a map of the two cities, and measure the diagonal between them, e.g. /. See how far along and up/down it goes, and then square both of those numbers, and add them together. Get the square root of that, and you get the distance travelled.

Now, divide the distance by the cruising speed, and you get a rough approximation of the flight time in hours. Then, multiply the flight time by 60 to get minutes, and then multiply that number by 2946 to get the fuel amount burned. Finally, do "6400 - fuel burned" to get the amount left in the jet. This is all approximate maths.

The flight is from Sierra (renamed my country from Sebland to Sierra) to Saint Owhela (colony of Ceretis). I'm not good at maths :(

gvKDaGo.png

Heh, that's three different deserts. The top looks like South? Africa, the middle two are Utah, and the bottom one is where I live. :)

One is from Cali, one from Arizona (I believe that's where you live), one is from New Mexico, one from Utah and one from Mexico (deleted that one). They all look similar tho.

So, where will the story progress from here? As in the OP, they've already tried for signal, so what could come next is the assessment of their current supplies. The passengers and crew exit the plane, rummage through the luggage, check the food and water supplies, etc.

For the wounded, my Xens can set up a small hospital at the back of the plane. Also, I'm trying to include the fact that Xentheridans all have basic medical knowledge; starting from age ten, they are taught basic things like CPR, how to stop bleeding, etc. They'll probably be able to fix minor things, like cuts or broken arms, etc.

Sorry didn't have time to make a post today. I will post Tomorrow for sure! That hospital would be cool. And maybe we could send the groups out to look for some supplies. There would be one Sierran in every group (if needed), cause they were taught how to survive in every climate found in Sierra at school, including the Sondrero desert in which we are stranded right now. (Something like Bear Grylls if you know who he is.) They were taught how to collect water from cactuses, make a fire and stuff like that. They were also taught basic med stuff at school, but the Xens can take care of that :)

Nebula's education system is more focused on bringing students into the digital age. My guy will have a basic understanding of how to not fuck up and die, but little else.

The average Kannexan high schooler has no special talents because our educational system is pretty under-funded. Too busy funding war and stuff. So yeah.

EDIT: Universities are different; Kannexan colleges range from Trump University to Princeton.

Kannex:
The average Kannexan high schooler has no special talents because our educational system is pretty under-funded. Too busy funding war and stuff. So yeah.

EDIT: Universities are different; Kannexan colleges range from Trump University to Princeton.
lol

Back