Military Numbers Topic

Kannex:
Someone send a Zimmerman Telegram to Nebula's neighbors... he's got only a third of his navy...
Everyone near him is either allied with or neutral in the conflict. There's also most of my military undeployed up there. That's not a smart idea, in any sense.

I don't think I can speak for everyone in the Pact, but it's not supposed to be a "prestige" organization so much as a place for nations who IC would have no inclination or reason to join the DU or NPTO. It's hypocritical and petty just like everyone else - for all its talk of national sovereignty, the Pact has no problem with Imperium colonizing Rhuvanland by force, or meddling in an internal dispute in Vazos (though the latter isn't well known IC yet, and is kind of inactive OOC).

I think the Pact is more concerned with enriching its own members monetarily as well as politically at any expense. The ideology about Eastern imperialism is widely believed among its member states, in a sense, but the Pact itself is probably more about getting a piece of the pie that everyone has felt they were denied due to their absence from other organizations.

Of the nations in the Pact, only Plembobria could really be classified as a nation with a high HDI. Imperium is powerful in many ways, but (and he could feel free to correct me) not in a way that would make it a very respected country IRL. McMasterdonia is a complete mess IC, Vazos is a hermit kingdom, Myroria is a rural country with a low population, and if Funkadelia RPed it'd probably be like Nigeria. The Novrith Pact, from the outside, probably looks more like the Collective Security Treaty Organization than NATO, or even the Warsaw Pact. So I don't think it should necessarily be viewed IC as an organization that has a ton of IC prestige.

Yeraennus:
Kannex:
Someone send a Zimmerman Telegram to Nebula's neighbors... he's got only a third of his navy...
Everyone near him is either allied with or neutral in the conflict. There's also most of my military undeployed up there. That's not a smart idea, in any sense.
That's the whole point of a Zimmerman Telegram.

Kannex:
Yeraennus:
Kannex:
That's the whole point of a Zimmerman Telegram.
Do not forget that I am the only open nuclear power north of Kannex. My army also remains in place, as does about half of my air force. And Antlerio never really did much to dismantle our ballistic missile program.

Myroria:
I don't think I can speak for everyone in the Pact, but it's not supposed to be a "prestige" organization so much as a place for nations who IC would have no inclination or reason to join the DU or NPTO. It's hypocritical and petty just like everyone else - for all its talk of national sovereignty, the Pact has no problem with Imperium colonizing Rhuvanland by force, or meddling in an internal dispute in Vazos (though the latter isn't well known IC yet, and is kind of inactive OOC).

I think the Pact is more concerned with enriching its own members monetarily as well as politically at any expense. The ideology about Eastern imperialism is widely believed among its member states, in a sense, but the Pact itself is probably more about getting a piece of the pie that everyone has felt they were denied due to their absence from other organizations.

Of the nations in the Pact, only Plembobria could really be classified as a nation with a high HDI. Imperium is powerful in many ways, but (and he could feel free to correct me) not in a way that would make it a very respected country IRL. McMasterdonia is a complete mess IC, Vazos is a hermit kingdom, Myroria is a rural country with a low population, and if Funkadelia RPed it'd probably be like Nigeria. The Novrith Pact, from the outside, probably looks more like the Collective Security Treaty Organization than NATO, or even the Warsaw Pact. So I don't think it should necessarily be viewed IC as an organization that has a ton of IC prestige.
Lies and slander. McMasterdonia is an upstanding country with no internal issues whatsoever.

Nebula:
Do not forget that I am the only open nuclear power north of Kannex.
*cough*

We had that californium nuclear test back in October, and we still have about forty to sixty nuclear weapons stockpiled, albeit only to be used in defence.

Myroria:

I've been taking more interest in my new NPTO proposal. I want to make it like a NATO, open to both East and West; instead of some messy Eastern UN attempt.

EDIT: @Nebula: The Empire has nukes too.

Syrixia:
I want to make it like a NATO, open to both East and West; instead of some messy Eastern UN attempt.

EDIT: @Nebula: The Empire has nukes too.
RL NATO is most emphatically open to a single ideological and geographic group. It's much less inclusive than NPTO

Back