WA Affairs Executive Staff

Okay, we are trying to reinvigorate the Executive Staff in WA Affairs this term. And the means a few things:

1) Making sure that the people we've got in here still are active and interested in continuing to participate.
2) Getting to know each other and figuring out how to best get in touch with each other.

For me, I'm Mousebumples - MousePony is my TNP nation. I'm currently the WA Delegate of Europeia (former WA Delegate for Monkey Island for 10+ years ... yes, I've been playing NS for well over a decade), and I've passed about 20 total resolutions, if we include UN, GA, and SC. I'm also an NS Game Mod, but - fair warning - any comments I make on proposal drafts are not meant to be interpreted as legality rulings. I generally try to avoid policing the proposal submission queue because of the possible conflict of interest that could be viewed as I'm a high vote WA Delegate.

Right now, Raven has set up a Discord channel for us. You can join that here. Discord is browser based, but can also be a desktop app, or a mobile app.

Alternatively, we could definitely set up an IRC Channel for us, if that's preferred. (Or we could do both. :P)

Anyhow, if you don't mind doing a bit of Introduce Ourselves, fill this out and let me know that you're here and ready to get involved!
Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]TNP Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Discord, IRC, or both?[/b]
[b]Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs:[/b]
[b]If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why?[/b]

Username: Mousebumples
TNP Nation Name: MousePony
Discord, IRC, or both? *shrugs*
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: Well, being the Minister of WA Affairs kinda mandates that, right? ;) But, in all seriousness, I want to spread my enjoyment of WA here in TNP, and work to rebuild WALL into something amazing. And, hopefully, I can train up a number of future MoWAAs for here in TNP. Not that I don't like doing it, but I kinda have a few things on my NS-plate already. (And that doesn't even count RL interferences!)
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? Probably a repeal of Patient's Rights Act or whatever it's called. (PRA is the acronym, I think.) I also would want to replace it, but I can't do that until I get the repeal passed first. :P

Username: Lord Ravenclaw
TNP Nation Name: ^
Discord, IRC, or both? Discord
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: My path to true power in NationStates requires that I bribe the WA to my will. (I'm kidding) As Delegate, I need to be involved and aware of legislation that passes the World Assembly, although my focus will primarily be on the Security Council which normally has foreign policy implications.
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? I actually don't have one. :D

Lord Ravenclaw:
Username: Lord Ravenclaw
TNP Nation Name: ^
Discord, IRC, or both? Discord
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: My path to true power in NationStates requires that I bribe the WA to my will. (I'm kidding) As Delegate, I need to be involved and aware of legislation that passes the World Assembly, although my focus will primarily be on the Security Council which normally has foreign policy implications.
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? I actually don't have one. :D
Not even an SC resolution that you'd want to repeal? There's gotta be something that's passed there that annoys you! ;)

Username: The Democratic Republic of Tomb (A.K.A: Tomb)
TNP Nation Name: The Democratic Republic of Tomb
Discord, IRC, or both? I prefer IRC, but I have an account on Discord.
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: I want to be able to learn more about the WA, how to write resolutions, and get help with writing resolutions. One of my NS goals for NS in 2016 is to try and pass at least 1 WA resolution.
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? I am not really sure since I'm not very knowledgeable in terms of the WA, and I'd have to go and do some research, but with the resources and knowledge I have of the WA currently, it would most likely be a commendation proposal since I know a lot of NS players who would deserve one due to the amount of contributions/impact they've made towards their regions and NS as a whole.

Username: [me]
TNP Nation Name: Sirisea
Discord, IRC, or both? IRC please
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: I want to do more than just voting for resolutions.
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? I can't really say, I have no ideas right now.

Glad to have you both here. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with for what you want to cover for a resolution. After all, it's hard to pass anything if you don't have a topic, right? :)

Username: Eluvatar
TNP Nation Name: Eluvataran Isles (WA: Zemnaya Svoboda)
Discord, IRC, or both? Yes
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: To serve The North Pacific and to gradually learn enough about the WA to feel certain proposing my own resolutions.
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? If and when I find the time, my planned Environmental resolutions to internalize, for private business or state capitalists, the costs of environmental externalities in Air, Water, and other forms of pollution fitting that framework.

Username: Andrew
TNP Nation Name: Aurora orb
Discord, IRC, or both? Both
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: I have zero on WA in NS. I wanna change that zero into something else :)
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? I unfortunatley cannot answer you at this time. I'll have to do some research first.

Username: Mister Masses
TNP Nation Name: United Regions of Geographic Masses
Discord, IRC, or both? IRC, please
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: I have always wanted to propose and debate legislation on a world scale. I feel I have much to contribute to the WA community!
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? Mandatory that schools play NationStates to educate the youth on the fact that the world is not just black/white and that all decisions have consequences.

Mister Masses:
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: I have always wanted to propose and debate legislation on a world scale. I feel I have much to contribute to the WA community!
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? Mandatory that schools play NationStates to educate the youth on the fact that the world is not just black/white and that all decisions have consequences.
Great idea! Let's teach students with sarcastic political satire!! :P

Corporal Clegg:
Mister Masses:
Great idea! Let's teach students with sarcastic political satire!! :P
I should have prefaced my answer by stating that the students be monitored by RESPONSIBLE individuals, who encourage healthy role playing rather than political satire.

They can take philosophy courses if they want satire :w00t:

Glad to have you all here! :) As a suggestion for those that like notifications for when things in this subforum are updated, you can click the "Subscribe to this Forum" button on the main WAA HQ page and go from there if you want to get PMs or emails when new stuff is going on.

My work schedule is such that things may be somewhat "feast or famine" in terms of my own activity (i.e. I was barely on the forums for the last 36 hours ... but now I have today and tomorrow work-free), but I hope that you guys will help to keep things running when I'm not able to be as active as I'd like. :)

Mousebumples:
Glad to have you all here! :) As a suggestion for those that like notifications for when things in this subforum are updated, you can click the "Subscribe to this Forum" button on the main WAA HQ page and go from there if you want to get PMs or emails when new stuff is going on.

My work schedule is such that things may be somewhat "feast or famine" in terms of my own activity (i.e. I was barely on the forums for the last 36 hours ... but now I have today and tomorrow work-free), but I hope that you guys will help to keep things running when I'm not able to be as active as I'd like. :)
We'll do our best :)

Username: The Grim Reaper
TNP Nation Name: Imperium Augustum
Discord, IRC, or both? IRC - TheGrimReaper
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: I like writing about political issues. It's what I do best.
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? I had a project, once, to repeal every GA resolution in order from #1 onwards. I skipped #1 and got stuck on drafting #2. Other than that, I had once considered drafting a resolution to ensure an international standard for the free use of intellectual property, including rules to protect property that has been placed into a non-restrictive license from being placed under a restrictive license in other domains.

The Grim Reaper:
I had a project, once, to repeal every GA resolution in order from #1 onwards. I skipped #1 and got stuck on drafting #2. Other than that, I had once considered drafting a resolution to ensure an international standard for the free use of intellectual property, including rules to protect property that has been placed into a non-restrictive license from being placed under a restrictive license in other domains.
A lot of the GA resolutions are worthy of repeal. As much as I've joked with [v] on occasion that we should get Max to redo "GA#1" for the next April Fool's Joke, I don't know that alllll of them are worthy of repeal. Still, there's plenty of targets out there, and - in my opinion - at this stage of resolutions (300+ passed, but I'm not sure how many are still active), it's probably easiest to do that for your First Resolution.

I have a "Repeal Hit List" that I put together a few years ago that might be worth bringing back out. I know some of them have since been repealed, but there are others that are still worthy of time and effort. xD

As of a few years ago, none of these were repealed. I make no such promises now, since I haven't checked recently.

International Competition Law
A Ban on Forced Disappearances
The General Patent Charter
Oil Tanker Standards Act
Multilateral Prosecution Act (I may have repealed this one myself, actually ... I forget :/)
Assitance Givers Protection
Medical Research Ethics Act
Convention on Execution
Ethics in International Trade - I think this one might be covered already?
On Abortion
Elections and Assistance Act
Consumer Product Safety
Institutional Psychiatry Act
A Decriminalization of Suicide

I can check up on these later tonight, but in the meantime, here's some to see if any strike your (or anyone's) interest.

Mousebumples:
As of a few years ago, none of these were repealed. I make no such promises now, since I haven't checked recently.

International Competition Law
A Ban on Forced Disappearances
The General Patent Charter
Oil Tanker Standards Act
Multilateral Prosecution Act (I may have repealed this one myself, actually ... I forget :/)
Assitance Givers Protection
Medical Research Ethics Act
Convention on Execution
Ethics in International Trade - I think this one might be covered already?
On Abortion
Elections and Assistance Act
Consumer Product Safety
Institutional Psychiatry Act
A Decriminalization of Suicide

I can check up on these later tonight, but in the meantime, here's some to see if any strike your (or anyone's) interest.
International Competition Law [REPEALED]
84. A Ban on Forced Disappearances
The General Patent Charter [REPEALED]
Oil Tanker Standards Act [REPEALED]
Multilateral Prosecution Act [REPEALED] (by Mouse)
Assitance Givers Protection [REPEALED] [sic]
111. Medical Research Ethics Act
112. Convention on Execution
Ethics in International Trade [REPEALED]
128. On Abortion
130. Elections and Assistance Act
Consumer Product Safety [REPEALED]
140. Institutional Psychiatry Act
180. A Decriminalization of Suicide

I'm personally interested in giving Elections and Assistance a gander.

I'd say start with one each, at most. If we can agree on one or two to work on, that might be best. We can work through all of them eventually, but no reason to go too crazy. In my experience, it's easier to work on one or two resolutions at a time rather than trying to power through a handful. It can be done, but it's awfully time consuming. xD

Mister Masses:
Damn, Grim, you beat me! Should we split up the remaining ones and begin authoring appeals?
If you're interested in doing Elections and Assistance, be my guest. I'm thinking I'll give Convention on Execution a shot.

:D

EDIT: Per r3n, don't use that badge yet. New ones should be coming probably this weekend that are more official than my mockup. :)

Please be as critical as possible, this is my first authored attempt and I have thick skin so feel free to rip into it!

"Repeal GA Resolution #130- Elections and Assistance Act

Description: APPLAUDING this resolution for its intentions, however questioning the efficacy of said Resolution.

RECOGNIZING that elections and assisted elections are held sacrosanct by many nations around the world and APPRECIATING that sentiment.

CURIOUS as to the funding and implementation of the Organization for Electoral Assistance. Has this advisory body been formed? If so, who is staffing the organization and how can the OEA become more effective at the task it was created for?

UNDERSTANDING that without anything more than observational capacity, the OEA cannot adequately enforce any fraudulent or tampered voting processes/procedures, if observed.

SUGGESTING that the OEA be decommissioned and each nation be given the ability to freely establish whichever electoral system they choose.

SUPPORTING all nations that want to hold free elections, but not at the financial cost and resources of all WA member nations."

Just an FYI that I know I've been semi-MIA over the past few days, but work has been crazy. I should hopefully be around a bit more this weekend. *fingers crossed*

WA Affairs Executive Staff
wa_affairs_large.png

wa_affairs_small.png

wa_affairs_badge.png

WA Affairs Ministry Seal
mowa-seal.png

Vote Encouragement
tnpwa4.png

Username: Stenc
TNP Nation Name: Stenc
Discord, IRC, or both? Meh, IRC because I've used it before
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: Because I'm interested in WA politics.
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? Something that would better political rights, like something that'd force everyone to have public referendums.

Username: Obiwan1001
TNP Nation Name: Antarticeuropa
Discord, IRC, or both? Both
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs:I wanted to have some (miniscule) but some influence in TNP.
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why?A Commendation of Lord Ravenclaw

Username: Hermaes
TNP Nation Name: Hermaes
Discord, IRC, or both? both
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: Because I want to share my ideas and listen to other's in order to improve the WA
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? It would be a Human Rights Establishment, prohibiting every nation from mistreating its citizens in any way. Otherwise there would be penalties

Username: MyUsernameIsALie
TNP Nation Name: Jehosephat Jacobson III
Discord, IRC, or both? neither (sorry)
Why you want to be involved in WA Affairs: I needed something to do
If you could pass any WA resolution without question, what would it be and why? Haven't been playing long enough to really have one.

Back