-
-
Pronouns
He/They/Any
TNP Nation
Frances_Francis_the_First_of_Frances
Discord
Just_a_Lore
The Sauceistani Government of the East Ilian Island Chain has collapsed over the last few weeks and this brings our alliance into very troublesome waters. While the armies of my nation still stand ready to support the island as the closest power to the islands. This allows the islands to the east as a staging ground of chaos and criminals as the government continues to fail its duties.

I implore the DU to stand in and claim the chain as a Mandate of the DU which the government of both of Coastal Republics and the Allied Freeholds of my native Ilia will agree to administer in its name, until peace a civil government can be restored to the area.

This is most troubling.

If the DU has any semblance of kindness than there is no reason why we should refuse this request. We must not delay.

The Empire supports the Ilian proposal.

I support the proposal, provided the following conditions are met:
  1. The mandate must file weekly reports on their conduct and status with the DU Chair and assembly.
  2. The mandate must have the express purpose of putting the people of Saucistan back on their feet and helping guide them towards a fully-functioning and independent democracy.
  3. There must be no attempt to take over Saucistani jobs with Illian employees

I do not wish to see a imperialistic takeover of another failed state like that of Syrixia's annexation or "protectorate" of Rhuvanland. This leads to strife, war, anger, and suffering.

I applaud the government of the Coalition for bringing this issue before the international community before it makes any rash decisions.

Syrixia of all nations what can happen when one nation takes over another using the ruse of protection and tutelage. Knowing our dark past and looking to a brighter future, the Empire agrees with the Chair's recommendations and conditions. Rhuvanland in the last few years has seen constant change because of that initial action, and we cannot let the same happen to Sauceistan. We must come together to shape for it a speedy and efficient recovery.

Back