Admin Requests

I don't believe the Assistant AG's were given mod powers over the subforums. I think I introduced the Assistant AGs (then known as Deputy AGs) and I believe I specifically did not want them to mod forums. I don't believe that was ever changed. However, the current AG could request to give you mod powers and we would update accordingly.

Updating Treize's masking as well.

EDIT: Looking at the Office of the AG, it says it is moderated by the Assistant AG's so perhaps you should be able to open/lock threads.

Pierconium posted here for Foreign Envoy masking. The same user has access to the RA through the account Gracius Maximus. I believe there is precedent supporting granting Pierconium's request (Empress Astarial as Foreign Envoy from Equilism, Sillystring as RA member, both owned by the same user).

r3naissanc3r:
Pierconium posted here for Foreign Envoy masking. The same user has access to the RA through the account Gracius Maximus. I believe there is precedent supporting granting Pierconium's request (Empress Astarial as Foreign Envoy from Equilism, Sillystring as RA member, both owned by the same user).
I read this as you granting his request. As such, updated.

r3n y u spill all my seekrits ;-;

I apologize for not having noticed this before, but Unibot has been mistakenly masked as a former citizen - as his nation left the region voluntarily after he resigned, he should be masked as a member instead. Grazi!

SillyString:
r3n y u spill all my seekrits ;-;

I apologize for not having noticed this before, but Unibot has been mistakenly masked as a former citizen - as his nation left the region voluntarily after he resigned, he should be masked as a member instead. Grazi!
Done.

Can you also please update the government page to reflect Blackshear's removal from the SC? Furthermore, Chasmanthe is now the AG, and Gracius Maximus and Treize_Dreizehn are Deputy AGs.

r3naissanc3r:
Can you also please update the government page to reflect Blackshear's removal from the SC? Furthermore, Chasmanthe is now the AG, and Gracius Maximus and Treize_Dreizehn are Deputy AGs.
All done.

Updated r3n and Kiwi to Global Mod status. Guys, let us know if you have any access problems with your current roles. Shouldn't but please let us know if you do.

In the embassy forum, can you please remove the flags loaded directly from the NS website? There are currently three: Canada, The Beach, and Versutian Federation.

NS has a very strict rate limit on (non-API) HTML requests originating from external websites; specifically, 10 requests per minute, according to the latest version of the rules. This means that a TNP forum member who refreshes the embassy forum four times within a minute could have their IP temporarily blocked from accessing any NS page. It is one of the reasons why all other flags in the embassy forum are loaded from Eluvatar's server, and not directly from NS.

r3naissanc3r:
In the embassy forum, can you please remove the flags loaded directly from the NS website? There are currently three: Canada, The Beach, and Versutian Federation.

NS has a very strict rate limit on (non-API) HTML requests originating from external websites; specifically, 10 requests per minute, according to the latest version of the rules. This means that a TNP forum member who refreshes the embassy forum four times within a minute could have their IP temporarily blocked from accessing any NS page. It is one of the reasons why all other flags in the embassy forum are loaded from Eluvatar's server, and not directly from NS.
Okay, having not looked before I went in and did it, did my deletion of the img links screw up the rest of the flags or have they just not been loading for awhile? Because none of the flags show up for me >_>

I think McM had moved them off of Elu's server a few weeks ago because the links had broken. But when I checked the flags then only 3 worked for me, the rest didn't.

R3n, do most of the flags work when you try viewing them?

EDIT: hmm...looks like flags are all still linked to Elu's server which does not appear to be working.

It's been like that for a while. Elu's server hosting the flags has been offline for a few weeks now.

EDIT: This was meant in response to Eras, but Punkd in the meantime without me noticing. Please see my next post in this thread (I made another one instead of editing this, my apologies).

r3naissanc3r:
Yes, there is such a practice, but it has to be specifically requested. Some players use different personas in different regions, and choose to maintain that distinction on these forums. As long as we know about it (admin) and have a record of it in this area, then there's no problem. (That way, as you discovered, we'll know if the same email or IP number comes up for both accounts when admin perform certain checks.)

Others prefer to use one account in the multiple capacity and we have to trust them to make clear in their posts when they are acting as a TNP citizen, or as a foreign envoy.

punk d:
I think McM had moved them off of Elu's server a few weeks ago because the links had broken. But when I checked the flags then only 3 worked for me, the rest didn't.

R3n, do most of the flags work when you try viewing them?

EDIT: hmm...looks like flags are all still linked to Elu's server which does not appear to be working.
No, the flags were not moved, only the skin images. The three that worked were the ones linked directly from NS, which Eras just removed upon my request. The rest are still linked to Elu's server, which has been offline for a few weeks.

I personally don't think it's really urgent to get the flags in the embassy forum working again. But if the admins want to fix it, I maintain a similar flag depository on my server that is used for the embassy sections of a few other forums. I could give you instructions on how to load the flags there1.

Alternatively, if the non-showing flags really bother you, you can just remove them.

1Though this should be obvious, I have to mention: this would mean that my server would receive a HTTP request every time a member loaded the embassy forum page, which among other things would include their IP. The same happens now with Elu's server.

r3naissanc3r:
It's been like that for a while. Elu's server hosting the flags has been offline for a few weeks now.
We probably need to get Elu's attention again.

It took about a week to 10 days to get his attemtion to update the SC Alerts page, and now we're about to need that again.

Gladio, it is possible to get the permission set without the NPA badge or having the NPA as the primary group. The admin were given instructions when the NPA was refounded as to when to place someone in the NPA group or to leave them in a different group and just add the NPA permissions.

Jack Holland has missed four legislative votes and has not voted in the last 20 days in the Regional Assembly, he should be remasked as a citizen.

Asylum's TNP nation has Ceased To Exist, they should be remasked as a former citizen.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Jack Holland has missed four legislative votes and has not voted in the last 20 days in the Regional Assembly, he should be remasked as a citizen.

Asylum's TNP nation has Ceased To Exist, they should be remasked as a former citizen.
Done.

Former English Colony:
Alexandros Rex:
As per this post I would like to be masked for RA. I am unable to post in the RA sections.
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8134356&t=6923980
You are not in the RA yet, you have simply passed the security check. Your masking has been changed back to a citizen until the speaker's office says otherwise.
FEC - Zyvet did admit Alexandros to the RA in this post.

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8134156&t=6923980

Masked to RA.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Punk is correct.

Terra should also be remasked as an RA member.
Done.

I think there are a couple of people waiting security checks. If not gotten to before then, i should be able to review tomorrow afternoon sometime.

punk d:
Former English Colony:
Alexandros Rex:
As per this post I would like to be masked for RA. I am unable to post in the RA sections.
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8134356&t=6923980
You are not in the RA yet, you have simply passed the security check. Your masking has been changed back to a citizen until the speaker's office says otherwise.
FEC - Zyvet did admit Alexandros to the RA in this post.

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8134156&t=6923980

Masked to RA.
There was no post by the VD or by Zyvet past that point indicating the Vice Delegate check was approved... But okiedokie

That's very true FEC. It's sometimes tricky to follow that thread.

I think I did the same thing a while back when there was no VD check and I denied a masking. Someone corrected me saying that the VD only has 3 days to perform their check. If they don't the Speaker's conditional approval becomes the approval provided they also pass the admin check, too. In this case that time had elapsed.

Back