A North Pacific Conclave?

Johanness

TNPer
I've recently got an idea for a North Pacific RP. How about, just to create something interesting going on here about having a sort of thing similar to a Conclave (For a TNP Holy See) in case you don't know is when the Roman Catholic Church elects a new pope.

Each Nation who wants to participate could have a Cardinal for the Church and would try to get support from others to be the new Pope (No, the Pope won't chose the next Cardinal like in RL) and create a Holy See Scenario.

This wouldn't work if every country had a different and unique religion, but since most of us haven't confirmed a religion we could choose to. Ideas?

I use the real-world religions of Protestantism (Lutherans and evangelicals, mainly) and Catholicism for Kannex and Pelhafor, but I don't expect us to RP a North Pacific version of the Pope. It would be interesting, I'll admit, but we'll see hooded inquisitors from Spain knocking on our doorsteps...

The Confederation and two of the three nations (Callaici and Tir na Andalucia) within are secular. One (Kalti) does hold an official religion but it is based off of modern day Wicca and Paganism.

Any version of Catholicism is not present in any of my three nations.

Norvalkin is predominantly a Soft Atheist nation. Of course, not everyone in Norvalkin is an atheist -- we do have some Christians, and other religions as well.

For those not in the know, positive atheism, also called strong atheism and hard atheism, is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist; negative atheism, also called weak atheism and soft atheism, is any other type of atheism, i.e. where a person does not believe in the existence of any deities and does not explicitly assert that there are none.

I think most nations have their own RP religions. The religion of flemingovianism is being reworked for a national perspective, with the religious head being located in McMasterdonia.

Like everyone else, I have my own religions for Vazos and Quraf (Madrako and Diunu, respectively). Neither are particularly suitable for international adherence since they're very closely tied to ethnicity and bloodline.

Just like everyone else, ( :lol: ) I have my own religions for Syrixia, Rhuvanland and Shei Ren as well. Syrixia follows Rakanism; a fusion of Hinduism and Islam, while Shei Ren follows a reworked version of Taoism called Ngoism. Rhuvanland follows the same Protestant faith as Kannex, albeit with different leaders and rebranded as the Protestant Church of Rhuvanland.

Kannex:
Syrixia:
Syrixia follows Rakanism; a fusion of Hinduism and Islam,
Am I to assume you can't eat pork AND beef? :no: How does that work?
Neither cows nor pigs are sacred in Syrixia. Our sacred animal is the Rajpur Lion.

Kannex:
We Asians are known to eat everything in sight, so your little lions are not safe, my friend...
So Kannex has become Asian overnight? Lolk :lol:

My mom's Ancestry.com genetic test said we're 2% Asian.

However, my anthropology class said since I'm white I'm also likely 2% Neanderthal too.

Piscivore:
My mom's Ancestry.com genetic test said we're 2% Asian.

However, my anthropology class said since I'm white I'm also likely 2% Neanderthal too.
The broad takeaway is that racial genetics is a lie. :P

Syrixia, if you ever need input on any Islamic elements of your religion, feel free to hit me up. I'll even bring my own Qur'an!

SillyString:
Syrixia, if you ever need input on any Islamic elements of your religion, feel free to hit me up. I'll even bring my own Qur'an!
I didn't know you were a Muslim! I learn something new every day. :)

Anyways, the parts I'll be using are the strict monotheism (Prajapati is the only god) and the Five Pillars structure. The exact pillars themselves won't be the same though, just the fact that the religion will have 5 pillars.

These pillars will include both Hindu and Islamic elements.

Syrixia:
SillyString:

Anyways, the parts I'll be using are the strict monotheism (Prajapati is the only god) and the Five Pillars structure. The exact pillars themselves won't be the same though, just the fact that the religion will have 5 pillars.

SS is not a Muslim, she's a scholar of Middle Eastern studies. She was in Amman for a year and speaks Arabic fluently. :P

Vazos:
Syrixia:
SillyString:

SS is not a Muslim, she's a scholar of Middle Eastern studies. She was in Amman for a year and speaks Arabic fluently. :P
I don't she told us that either. :lol: The world is mysterious.

Back