Legal Code Reformatting Bill

Yes, text is being added, but GREEN should not be added to the legal code. You can make a separate quote box showing the actual changes, but the version that goes to vote should not have green in it.

SillyString:
Yes, text is being added, but GREEN should not be added to the legal code. You can make a separate quote box showing the actual changes, but the version that goes to vote should not have green in it.
fair enough.

Formal debate is (as of about twenty minutes ago) concluded. A vote on the bill is scheduled to begin two days from yesterday notwithstanding my slight lateness in announcing its closing.

clause numbers and sub-clause letters will not be considered part of the law, nor will they have any legal effects.
I have an issue with this. The separation of legal instruments into sections/clauses (etc, many possible names) is often quite helpful in interpreting them.

Is the meaning of this that the number itself won't have legal effect, or the actual separation and successive order?

A clause that needs to be added/addressed should be "any nation that accedes to the office of Delegate accidentally or intentionally must obey the specific orders and directives of the lawfully elected or presiding Delegate."

Romanoffia:
A clause that needs to be added/addressed should be "any nation that accedes to the office of Delegate accidentally or intentionally must obey the specific orders and directives of the lawfully elected or presiding Delegate."
The bill is at vote at this point. I may propose a clause as such in the future.

See? This is what happens when you rush things to vote as quickly as you can. Good ideas get missed.

Learn from this, if you are able.

flemingovia:
See? This is what happens when you rush things to vote as quickly as you can. Good ideas get missed.

Learn from this, if you are able.
thats a very good point. ill try to slow things down next time, however, again I did not really intend to add any clauses to the legal code, my only intentions were to reformat it.

Guy:
clause numbers and sub-clause letters will not be considered part of the law, nor will they have any legal effects.
I have an issue with this. The separation of legal instruments into sections/clauses (etc, many possible names) is often quite helpful in interpreting them.

Is the meaning of this that the number itself won't have legal effect, or the actual separation and successive order?
The number itself, just like the separation of things into sections right now has legal effect, but the actual numbers used for them don't (which prevents us from needing to always include, "All ensuiing clauses are renumbered as appropriate.").

Back