An historic day

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
A day or so ago, I surpassed 17,000 posts and I am finally closing in on Democratic Donkeys.

I would like to thank my Mum, my lord and saviour flemingovia, and DD for always believing in me. Of course thanks goes to my life partner, Lord Ravenclaw, and to our deformed spider/bird/lion son Kialga.

To celebrate this momentous occasion and the high quality of every single 17000+ of the posts I have made on this forum, you may leave your gifts below. Statements of congratulations, free food, drink, and puppies are always welcome.

Kongratulations komrade. Now yuo take tools and go to slavery. If yuo lucky, I gib 1$.

I made you a macaroni picture of Queen Matilda II holding the McMasterdonian flag, to hang on your refrigerator.

Only instead of macaroni, it's lobster shells and fish bones. And instead of Matilda it's Régine Chassagne from Arcade Fire. And the flag is actually the rest of Arcade Fire.

I was unprepared for this event, I'm sorry.

flemingovia:
A historic day?

Aaaaaargh. the bad grammar hurts my eyeballs. I must edit the topic title.

My gift to you is a grammar lesson: Words like "Historic" take "an" as the indefinite article, not "A."
As an historian, I agree with you.

Congratulations on your post levels, McM, it is truly impressive.

Wow! McMasterdonia is the greatest poster of recent times! Congratulations on all of your hard work. When you rise even further we should do a greatest hits and highlight some of the best posts you ever made! :)

[me]raises a glass in the Lion's honor.

I just realized while reading about McM's achievement that I have already amassed over 6,300 posts; yet I have only been here for a year.

What the hell is wrong with me??? :cry:

Democratic Donkeys:
Wow! McMasterdonia is the greatest poster of recent times! Congratulations on all of your hard work. When you rise even further we should do a greatest hits and highlight some of the best posts you ever made! :)

Democratic Donkeys raises a glass in the Lion's honor.

Hahahaha.... :fish:

More likely - highlight the worst posts ever made. When you reach 20,000 i can help do one for you

Piscivore:
I made you a macaroni picture of Queen Matilda II holding the McMasterdonian flag, to hang on your refrigerator.

Only instead of macaroni, it's lobster shells and fish bones. And instead of Matilda it's Régine Chassagne from Arcade Fire. And the flag is actually the rest of Arcade Fire.

I was unprepared for this event, I'm sorry.

That is a beautiful gift, don't worry. I cried.

North East Somerset:
Definitely taken after your mother... ;)

Still I am very proud of you.

:ADN:

Thank you! :console:

Syrixia:
I just realized while reading about McM's achievement that I have already amassed over 6,300 posts; yet I have only been here for a year.

What the hell is wrong with me??? :cry:

You will be in the top 10 posters before you know it!

When you reach 20,000 i can help do one for you
Ah, wonder if I will try and spam again one of these days.

Reached fairly high once, though the region I did it in is defunct.

But texting the boyfriend, tends to take precedence these days. :blush:

New Rogernomics:

Spam?? Spam?? None of my posts were spam! Even in the spam area. .They were all high quality and totally worth it.

Congrats, Mcm! I remember breaking the 300,000 posts on the forum in one like hour long sitting with you in the spam session, we'll never know which one of us it was lol

If you send me a gift basket, you will be rewarded with a mention!

In the meantime, I thank Eluvatar for eventually deciding I could be a citizen of the North Pacific, despite the fact that my IP at the time flagged some possible bad edits of wikipedia.

mcmasterdonia:
New Rogernomics:

Spam?? Spam?? None of my posts were spam! Even in the spam area. .They were all high quality and totally worth it.
You sure? Will take your word for it then. ^_^

Gracius Maximus:
flemingovia:
A historic day?

My gift to you is a grammar lesson: Words like "Historic" take "an" as the indefinite article, not "A."

Lies and slander, libel and tomfoolery. :horror:

"An" should only be used when the ensuing word is pronounced starting with a vowel; "an herb" is fine and appropriate. But unless you are pronouncing "history" /'istory/, the use of "an" represents everything that is wrong with this world. :@*!:

Great going, McM!

Here's to you:

images

SillyString:
Gracius Maximus:
flemingovia:
A historic day?

"An" should only be used when the ensuing word is pronounced starting with a vowel; "an herb" is fine and appropriate. But unless you are pronouncing "history" /'istory/, the use of "an" represents everything that is wrong with this world. :@*!:
I believe some people do pronounce history that way.

SillyString:
Gracius Maximus:
flemingovia:
A historic day?

Thank you!! I had hoped that you would come in to save my grammar for a change :P I agree with you completely!

Great Bights Mum:
Great going, McM!

Here's to you:

images

Thanks GBM! :hug:

Congrats mcm! :rum:
SillyString:
Looks like I've been mispronouncing "herb" all these years :ph43r: .

EDIT: Actually, searching online a bit more about this, pretty much everyone outside of North America seems to be pronouncing the "h" in "herb".

Hearty Congratulations Mcm!!! You are our idol! <3 :D

Sending you a bouquet of fresh cut flowers from the finest Eirennean Gardens as well as a box full of homemade chocolate chip cookies! I hope you enjoy them! :D

r3naissanc3r:
Looks like I've been mispronouncing "herb" all these years :ph43r: .

EDIT: Actually, searching online a bit more about this, pretty much everyone outside of North America seems to be pronouncing the "h" in "herb".
Unless it's a name. :P

Back