C&E BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Lennart

TNPer
To my Deputy Ministers:

This is THE thread. The thread for ideas... Good and bad ideas alike, the more the better. Post your ideas, read ours, complete ours, criticise everything.

here comes a list I've been cooking these days, let me know what you guys think and post your own lists.

Things Sillystring wants C&E to do:

1 Interregional Events: Amazing, I miss them. I will contact other Culture Ministers (or equivalents) in friendly regions (mainly GCRs) and see if they have something going on. Depending on their plans and reception, we can plan our participation in them or start thinking of hosting
our own.

2 A new edition of the Lennarts: *giggles* Oh gosh, that HAS to be fun.

3 Theme weeks: I'll look into it rather soon.

And here's a quick list of things I'd like to try:

Design Ministry seal- vote on a poll? (almost discarded by now lol)
-Want the kids to feel part of the Cultural wave from the start, and what's better than choosing what "it looks like", I'll give them a few seals to choose from, as a warm up.

Stimulate conversation and activity being welcoming and informative on the Docks and RMB
-That's something that I always try to do anyway, but I'll be more active and try to drag people back on the current topic, whatever it is.
-Yes, I'll keep this rather recent tradition of having an RMB topic and featured nations. (more about this below)

Stories of TNP- My idea is to check regularly new dispatches posted in the region and choose the most interesting every week, and not just feature it but also comment and discuss it, maybe on the RMB so we have dynamic topics for conversation. Ideally we would pick dispatches among the forumside active TNPers, but anything could happen. We might as well promote massive upvotes for those dispatches, so authors would be willing to draw our attention with every dispatch.

Arts-
- If we can entice TNPers into creating some good art, we could create nations whose only purpose would be publishing dispatches with TNP Artwork like a Nation called the TNP Museum or something like that. As an in-game extension of what we've got to offer. Difficult to do in practice, I accept suggestions on this.

Outer region hang out: This might not seem like a very good idea because it draws activity from TNP itself but it can be loads of fun; in other communities (or was it TNP? I can't remember) we had external regions which only purpose was to be the setting for an RP which would be carried out via RMB, like a region that was a mansion where personified puppets played some sort of cluedo game. One idea, that I think was never carried out (or maybe it was when I wasn't active anymore) was RPing some sort of high class costume party. The puppets would be "a fancy dress" in themselves, so you couldn't really know for sure who was playing under each nickname and you could, if you want, try and expose them or unmask puppets and reveal their true identity. I think I can come up with some other ideas along those lines.

Zombie Strategy: do I need to say more? We might even have a Halloween week event or something, and the NS zombie thingy will be the icing on the cake.

And next a few ideas by Syrixia:

1. Reunite Culture and Entertainment

2. Reform Stories of TNP and get it active again

3. Put the NPTO on the WFE

4. A Minecraft Server for TNP?

5. And of course, the new Coat of Arms!

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Of my ideas, I noticed 1 and 3 are already done. So you can remove them.

So let's talk about a Minecraft server for TNP. You seemed to be very excited about this idea. Who would create it and administer it? Would it be Vanilla or Modded? Do people even want one for TNP?

Syrixia:
So let's talk about a Minecraft server for TNP. You seemed to be very excited about this idea. Who would create it and administer it? Would it be Vanilla or Modded? Do people even want one for TNP?
I love Minecraft, but... I know bugger all about setting a MC server.

I've played on LAN, and it's so much fun, but never truly online... But I'll find out anyway.

I can probably pay for an MC server tbh. Probably won't be able to run it alone though.

I also really wanna do this at some point: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7434860/1/#new

We can start with a poll topic for which Nic Cage films we want to watch and then decide on either genres, themes or individual actors/directors for future events.

We can also do other gaming things (Rocket League anyone?) at some point.

Nierr:
I can probably pay for an MC server tbh. Probably won't be able to run it alone though.

I also really wanna do this at some point: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7434860/1/#new

We can start with a poll topic for which Nic Cage films we want to watch and then decide on either genres, themes or individual actors/directors for future events.

If you can do the whole paying thing and get one, I can help run it if needed.

If we actually do do the minecraft server, please please someone use the TNP physical map for the server by putting the image into WorldPainter. I'm sure someone knows how that works. Me want Syrixia! :D

Nierr:

I'm a fan of the Let's watch a thing idea, so let's do that as soon as possible.

Also I want to sort Stories of TNP out ASAP cause my eyes are in pain every time I see Sytariot factbook on the WFE lol, my first measure is to remove that line from the WFE, and change RMB topic.

(looking for rocket league on Steam)

Thanks Bootsie and Plemby for your input

There is already a beautiful C&E seal:

moce-seal.png

mcmasterdonia:

moce-seal.png
Yeah, I didn't mean an official seal though, but rather something I would like put in my signature lol.

But it's not an idea any more, so don't worry xD you can take your torch and your pitchfork!

Also guys, I will be planning an interregional event soon, I would like to be able to start it in a few weeks, or even sooner, I'm also contacting friendly regions about it in a matter of days... I'll probably start today after work.

But don't worry, I'll open a thread just for planning that event.

Torch and pitchfork? o.O

I wasn't annoyed with you Lenny, I simply wasn't sure if you were aware that it still existed somewhere around the place. With the various changes to C&E since you were last in the office.

Syrixia:
If we actually do do the minecraft server, please please someone use the TNP physical map for the server by putting the image into WorldPainter. I'm sure someone knows how that works. Me want Syrixia! :D
:bump:

I'll have a play around and see. No promises. Never used that software before so might not be able.

Lennart:
mcmasterdonia:

moce-seal.png
Yeah, I didn't mean an official seal though, but rather something I would like put in my signature lol.

But it's not an idea any more, so don't worry xD you can take your torch and your pitchfork!
There are also the Executive Staff badges.

Nierr:
I'll have a play around and see. No promises. Never used that software before so might not be able.
You can try other softwares too. There's probably something. But I recommend WorldPainter.

Random ideas I've had:

Pokemon event where you get badges for doing certain things (spam games, contributions etc etc)

Working with Ministry of Comms to get an RP version of TNL out there, might give RP some more publicity and stuff. (this mainly comes from McM tbh).

I'll probably post more random ideas as they come to me :P

Nierr:
Working with Ministry of Comms to get an RP version of TNL out there, might give RP some more publicity and stuff. (this mainly comes from McM tbh).
Don't we already have that in the International Gazette?

Also, how's the WorldPainter coming? Is it easy like I thought or is it real hard?

That's pretty much the purpose of the IG, yes, still need to talk to Comms about distribution and such.

WorldPainter I'll get to tomorrow. Was having trouble installing it (compatibility issues with Java on Windows 10) but I believe I have that sorted now.

Nierr:
That's pretty much the purpose of the IG, yes, still need to talk to Comms about distribution and such.

WorldPainter I'll get to tomorrow. Was having trouble installing it (compatibility issues with Java on Windows 10) but I believe I have that sorted now.
1. Ok.

2. Aight.

To add to madjacks earlier post, I think this is a wonderful idea that would bring international attention to quite a different side of the North Pacific. Potentially we could have the international gazette distributed abroad as a separate edition of the Northern Lights, shining light on the developing and active RP community of the North Pacific. We are already known for our intense political culture, but the communication ministry could help to draw attention to the more subtle parts of TNP, and it could potentially bring in more experienced RPers into our region.

I see two options; either that the entire edition of the international gazette is passed to the Minister of Communications for editing/approval, and a touch up to include TNL logos and editors etc, and is then distributed by the Diplomatic Corps, or that we select one or two articles to feature in the standard edition of TNL. My preference would be for the separate RP edition, as it could cover more stories, and ultimately target a different audience.

mcmasterdonia:
My preference would be for the separate RP edition, as it could cover more stories, and ultimately target a different audience.
This.

A little update: the flying circus tour will start at the south pacific, I will probably arrange it for this weekend, just contacted Kringalia. We should start working on Our interregional event, I want to start it the second week of October (from the 5th on, so next week) the theme is not yet decided but the idea about the nineties sounds great to me, if nothing else is suggested that will be the theme. Late October we will be invited to an event on TSP forums

Syrixia, could you please create an introduction form and post it in a new thread called "The TNP flying circus"?? everyone should use it to introduce themselves in a dedicated thread one of us would open on whatever forum we are visiting. Explain this and you can if you want tell them that we're visiting TSP first, and the date is yet to be announced.

About the introduction form I'd like to include Main nation, favourite regions, how long you've been playing NS, rl country, stuff like that.

Cheers. Also if you come up with ideas (I thought we could as an idea have Monty python characters as avatars, etc) also, something that identifies us as part of TNP, obviously, and keep Sytarenne out of this or he will embarrass us all. Just kidding. Well, kind of.

hahahah OK Syrixia, create the form and post it, you can do it here if you need my symbolic approval or you can create a thread for it, If you open a new thread do it on the public part of C&E, please.

whatever you're not able to do, I'll do it after work (that means in like 9 hours time lol)

Remember, it's the TNP flying circus, you can add "on tour" as a sub-title, the first place we're "performing" is TSP, and it will probably happen on Sunday (4th).l Suggest silly things like the avatars, silly signatures and something to identify ourselves as TNPers

Cheers!

edit: also, I got World Painter to work, but I 'm afraid I won't be able to create anything quite like the TNP maps...

Is it okay to RP as different opera singers or et cetera? I really wanted to change my avatar to Carlotta (from Phantom of the Opera) and be the very dramatic me. She also fits into the circus theme as she sings opera.

Another idea I had was an invasion of the Skeleton Army. If you recall a year or so ago they invaded the North Pacific and occupied our RMB. I was the Delegate at the time, and was forced to surrender and sign the bone of defeat or something.

We could send non-wa nations into the Skeleton army and effectively invade them. Have fun on their RMb for a while and then leave. It might prompt them to invade us again, which was great fun last time.

Program is too derpy to do anything with. We can have a server, but not the TNP map, unless someone actually goes and creates it.

Made some maps, but let's say that there are many "side effects". If you forget about a single parameter then expect something weird or horrible to happen and probably also a performance hit. I haven't had the patience to create a large map, but my laptop seems to struggle loading medium sized worlds. And when my laptop suffers loading a game that I can play on my cheap Lumia, that means there's something wrong about the maps themselves.

I can't seem to create Avalon, let alone the whole map, sorry.

Also: I'm offering the cure for the zombie apocalypse lol: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7453662

Time to restore this baby. Here are some ideas:

Cards Against NationStates Mass Game

Another Theme Week

Quilt Project (Each person is given a block with the same dimensions, and they color it with stuff relating to their nation; then someone puts them all together and displays the quilt)

Syrixia:
Quilt Project (Each person is given a block with the same dimensions, and they color it with stuff relating to their nation; then someone puts them all together and displays the quilt)
Time to revive this thread. I totally think we should do this^

Back