The Pacific requests a new Embassy

I assure you Pierconium that no NPA member has been ordered into the Pacific. Cormac has updated his TNP nation and moved his own out. He joined the NPA again relatively recently and has served us with distinction. The Ministry of Defence and the Delegate has not ordered any NPA involvement or asked Cormac to move there.

As I am sure you are aware, Cormac is his own individual and makes his own decisions, certainly when not operating within an NPA operation. Not everything he does is at all relevant to the North Pacific Army. I'm sure you are aware of this.

What he does with his nations outside of NPA business is not up for me or the Delegate

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, Emperor.

I can assure you that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has no knowledge of any operations deployed in hostility to The Pacific.

I apologize for not keeping you further informed, but I did not bring the matter up because the circumstances remain unchanged - the Cabinet is still discussing your request to reopen relations. This was relayed to Elegarth when he asked a few weeks ago. When the Cabinet has made its decision, I will report it to the relevant officials in The Pacific with haste.

Thank you for your patience with this matter.

Myroria:
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, Emperor.

I can assure you that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has no knowledge of any operations deployed in hostility to The Pacific.

I apologize for not keeping you further informed, but I did not bring the matter up because the circumstances remain unchanged - the Cabinet is still discussing your request to reopen relations. This was relayed to Elegarth when he asked a few weeks ago. When the Cabinet has made its decision, I will report it to the relevant officials in The Pacific with haste.

Thank you for your patience with this matter.
Indeed. It would appear, upon further inspection of the thread, that I missed this post from your office. My apologies for the confusion.

Taking that into consideration, I withdraw my initial complaint.

Elegarth:
I'd like to inquire, as Senator of FA of TP, if this is will be discussed by the current government or if we need to make a new request?
Thanks and my apologies if this is already being discussed.
Greetings TNP,

I'd like to respectfully inquiere if there has been any advancement about this request. As I last asked about it formally one month ago, I wanted to just bring this up again. By all means, this is not us trying to be pushy or anything, instead, I waited a month as it seems a good period before just asking again, in case a solution / agreement / decision has been reached internally in your cabinet.

I thank you for your attention to this!

Cheers,
Final-Signature_zpsdbec3356.png

It would appear that not only can this region not come to a conclusion regarding this application, but it can not be bothered to address queries from those making it. How nice.

'Cutting' remarks such as that one is surely going to get the reply you seek.

Nierr:
'Cutting' remarks such as that one is surely going to get the reply you seek.
Do you speak for the government of TNP? Just curious.

It would seem that my remarks at least get a reply.

Myroria:
The embassy question is still under discussion; when a decision has been made the Pacific will be notified with haste.
Indeed.

It has been 'under discussion' for nearly three full months. It was initially stated that a delay was due to the shift in Delegacy here. There was then some private communication between myself and the government here regarding certain historical issues, which have been delayed until today.

A month ago the Senator of Foreign Affairs for the New Pacific Order asked for an update and was told the same thing. Over a week ago (one month later) he made a request for a simple update and was ignored.

Is that how Foreign Affairs are generally run here? One would think with all this supposed activity that simple requests from diplomatic envoys could be addressed without having to involve me directly and then having to put up with comments from the DoS peanut gallery.

Thank you for giving me an update.

Pierconium:
having to put up with comments from the DoS peanut gallery.
One wonders just how you get anywhere, in life or in NS, when you're crying over me posting in this topic.

I had no idea I effected you this way Gracius Maximus.

Pierconium:
Myroria:
The embassy question is still under discussion; when a decision has been made the Pacific will be notified with haste.
Indeed.

It has been 'under discussion' for nearly three full months. It was initially stated that a delay was due to the shift in Delegacy here. There was then some private communication between myself and the government here regarding certain historical issues, which have been delayed until today.

A month ago the Senator of Foreign Affairs for the New Pacific Order asked for an update and was told the same thing. Over a week ago (one month later) he made a request for a simple update and was ignored.

Is that how Foreign Affairs are generally run here? One would think with all this supposed activity that simple requests from diplomatic envoys could be addressed without having to involve me directly and then having to put up with comments from the DoS peanut gallery.

Thank you for giving me an update.
I'm glad I could be of assistance.

Nierr:
Pierconium:
having to put up with comments from the DoS peanut gallery.
One wonders just how you get anywhere, in life or in NS, when you're crying over me posting in this topic.

I had no idea I effected you this way Gracius Maximus.
I must have hit a nerve.

I guess OOC attacks are all you have available to you since you don't actually play NationStates and yet feel the need to take part in an offsite forum dedicated to people playing NationStates.

I do quite well in life, thanks for caring.

Talking about OOC attacks at the same time as making an OOC attack?

Hypocrisy may not be as big a problem as your multiple personality disorder, but it does make you look more of a fool.

Nierr:
Talking about OOC attacks at the same time as making an OOC attack?

Hypocrisy may not be as big a problem as your multiple personality disorder, but it does make you look more of a fool.
You are mistaken. I levied no insult to you. I pointed out a fact. As far as I am aware you are Delete on Sight from the game NationStates. Has this fact changed? If so, I apologize. If not, then no insult was made. You can choose to take it as you like.

You have no business here (unless you actually do speak for TNP, again, do you?) so I fail to see why you have bothered to post here at all. Nothing that you do here, again, so far as I am aware, has any bearing on actual gameplay within the scope of NationStates, because you don't play NationStates. Seems simple enough.

Eluvatar:
Cut it out, Nierr.
I'm 150% sure that Nierr is not the only one who needs to cut it out, or are Pierconium's/Gracius Maximus' OOC flamebaiting and trolling acceptable?

I will, however, agree with Pierconium in one respect: It is high time for the Delegate's Government to give the NPO the answer it has demonstrated it definitely deserves, through its conduct toward valuable contibutors to TNP in this thread. Anything short of "haul your whining ass out of our region" would, at this point, be a disappointment.

Cormac:
I will, however, agree with Pierconium in one respect: It is high time for the Delegate's Government to give the NPO the answer it has demonstrated it definitely deserves, through its conduct toward valuable contibutors to TNP in this thread. Anything short of "haul your whining ass out of our region" would, at this point, be a disappointment.
Sigh

No one (from The Pacific) is whining.

It is generally considered common courtesy, even among enemies, that when a Foreign Dignitary asks for an update over something that has taken literally months that he not be ignored outright. That is what happened here. My response was directly impacted by that. I pointed it out and that is the end of it.

What is also considered common courtesy, at least in most regions, is that when a foreign government comes to speak directly to your government you don't have non-governmental persons interjecting within the official communication.

I am certain that there are ample places on this forum for you to express your concern regarding our request outside of this thread.

Or do you now speak for the government of TNP and set their foreign policy?

Eluvatar:
Cut it out, Nierr.
I think the "knock it off" comment should be taken to apply to all posters on this thread.

there will be no further cautions. More trolling or trollbaiting will result in increases to warning level.

Pierconium:
What is also considered common courtesy, at least in most regions, is that when a foreign government comes to speak directly to your government you don't have non-governmental persons interjecting within the official communication.

I am certain that there are ample places on this forum for you to express your concern regarding our request outside of this thread.
This thread is actually one of the places where I can express my concern, whether you like it or not. Don't come to The North Pacific and try to tell citizens of The North Pacific where they should and shouldn't post; if citizens weren't supposed to post here, we wouldn't be able to post here. If you wanted a private discussion free from "non-governmental persons," you should have sent a private message to the Delegate or Minister of Foreign Affairs rather than posting in a public forum.

I think what is also considered common courtesy, in most regions, is for the Delegate of another region to refrain from trying to dictate where citizens can and cannot post and what they can and cannot say there, and particularly to refrain from insulting and flamebaiting valued contributors to the region. Maybe you should just let Elegarth handle your foreign affairs, because you're not very good at it.

Pierconium:
Cormac:
Sigh

It is generally considered common courtesy, even among enemies, that when a Foreign Dignitary asks for an update over something that has taken literally months that he not be ignored outright. That is what happened here. My response was directly impacted by that. I pointed it out and that is the end of it.

Yeah, because you totally didn't intend to post this in a public forum for everyone to see. If you intend to come to "speak directly with the government" without people "interjecting" then surely one would assume that the best way to do that would be to contact them privately. Nobody else can interject in a telegram conversation, or in a PM conversation. This looks more like an attempt at public pressure, rather than any serious attempt at a direct conversation to resolve the matter with the Government.

If that is what you are doing then so be it, just don't pretend it was for a private discussion with the Delegate or Minister. Other regions have recently taken the approach of attempting to publicly pressure our government rather than simply have a direct and private conversation to resolve the issue quickly. See: Europeia.

If you post a thread in a public area of a forum that has more than one hundred citizens, it is more than likely that you will receive a response from those citizens. Especially when their right to freedom of speech is protected in a bill of rights. Or especially when the topic is somewhat controversial. The Delegate can close the thread, ask people to stop commenting, or even split posts out, but as she has not done so, one would assume people are free to comment in this thread. The only people who set the Delegate's foreign policy are the Delegate and her Minister. Being involved in that policy is not a requirement for posting in this thread.

Your requests have also been responded to many times. As have your accusations of TNP NPA involvement in the Pacific.

Cormac:
I think what is also considered common courtesy, in most regions, is for the Delegate of another region to refrain from trying to dictate where citizens can and cannot post and what they can and cannot say there, and particularly to refrain from insulting and flamebaiting valued contributors to the region. Maybe you should just let Elegarth handle your foreign affairs, because you're not very good at it.
I believe you will find that you are quite mistaken regarding my diplomatic skills. You may not appreciate my tone but I am actually quite effective. I just don't put a lot of concern in how people that follow me around NationStates with a chip on their shoulder feel about me. ;)

mcmasterdonia:
Pierconium:
Cormac:
Sigh

Yeah, because you totally didn't intend to post this in a public forum for everyone to see. If you intend to come to "speak directly with the government" without people "interjecting" then surely one would assume that the best way to do that would be to contact them privately. Nobody else can interject in a telegram conversation, or in a PM conversation. This looks more like an attempt at public pressure, rather than any serious attempt at a direct conversation to resolve the matter with the Government.

If that is what you are doing then so be it, just don't pretend it was for a private discussion with the Delegate or Minister. Other regions have recently taken the approach of attempting to publicly pressure our government rather than simply have a direct and private conversation to resolve the issue quickly. See: Europeia.

If you post a thread in a public area of a forum that has more than one hundred citizens, it is more than likely that you will receive a response from those citizens. Especially when their right to freedom of speech is protected in a bill of rights. Or especially when the topic is somewhat controversial. The Delegate can close the thread, ask people to stop commenting, or even split posts out, but as she has not done so, one would assume people are free to comment in this thread. The only people who set the Delegate's foreign policy are the Delegate and her Minister. Being involved in that policy is not a requirement for posting in this thread.

Your requests have also been responded to many times. As have your accusations of TNP NPA involvement in the Pacific.
The NPA issue was addressed over a month ago, I fail to see a logical reason for bringing it up again. Has something else occurred that I should be aware of?

Pierconium:
The NPA issue was addressed over a month ago, I fail to see a logical reason for bringing it up again. Has something else occurred that I should be aware of?

To the best of my knowledge, no members of the NPA have publicly engaged in activities subversive to the New Pacific Order in the Pacific region since October 13th.

Based on the NPO's acknowledgement of TNP's grievances and apology for the same, and based on a mutual desire for a more positive and productive working arrangement, I hereby grant this embassy request.

Edit: Go forth and frolic!

It's no wonder that this has elicited strong feelings. There are actions that were only recently taken by the TP government, in its name, that have led to much consternation amongst many people and regions.

I personally don't hold the apology in much regard, and certainly have trouble with a GCR violating another's sovereignty in the worst way possible. Hopefully this works out better.

Just a question, what about gameside embassies? Wouldn't having a forum embassy make it redundant not to have a gameside one? Or is there some weird reason justifying the lack of a gameside embassy that all the really old players know and are gonna wind up telling me? :P

Syrixia:
Just a question, what about gameside embassies? Wouldn't having a forum embassy make it redundant not to have a gameside one? Or is there some weird reason justifying the lack of a gameside embassy that all the really old players know and are gonna wind up telling me? :P
I believe the tradition here has always been that ingame Embassies typically follow along after a few weeks (2 months is listed in the guidelines) of activity on the offsite.

Elegarth:
I was going to inquiery about it as well: what is TNP approach for in-game embassies?
I think in light of our previous history with TP as well as the policy listed above I would support opening an in-game embassy without the traditional waiting period.

flemingovia:
our "history" with TP is perhaps not something you would wish to be brought into consideration in this matter.
To be fair, I believe we held an Embassy with TP from 2009 to 2015 so I'm not sure what you are referring to unless you mean ancient history.

Back