ARCHIVED: Population Megathread - Closed

Lord Lore:
Syrixia:
Lord Lore:
Syrixia:
Following the culture change and a discussion with Xen, I've decided to up Syrixia's population to 110 million.
I hope you know how crowded that makes Syrixia, You are cramming Mexico into the area of Syria
And yet Kannex, which is 1.5x the size of Syrixia, has 200mil people? :lol:
Yeah and as far as Ilia is concerned Kannex might as well be the TNP Bangladesh and Syrixia now Bangladesh Jr. xP
Kannex seems to be doing quite well for itself. I just read all his posts and his National Information factbook and I see no semblance of a population problem. <_<

Presumably because he considers the map scale to be dumb and does what he wants.

At least, that's what I do.

I envision the combined population of Vazos and Quraf as being somewhere between 2 and 2.5 million (the landmass of my archipelago combined is about the size of Slovenia).

Lord Lore:
Syrixia:
Following the culture change and a discussion with Xen, I've decided to up Syrixia's population to 110 million.
I hope you know how crowded that makes Syrixia, You are cramming Mexico into the area of Syria
That is feasible, however. If in the real world, it would rank him about 20th in terms of population density; he would be just below Mayotte, and above Taiwan.

Also, at the start of each year, we do a population census. The rate of growth is +0.72%, meaning next year's population will be 72,770,637. This is a growth of roughly 1435 a day (almost one a minute), with the original population (72,250,000) counted at the start of 2015. If possible, could it be updated accordingly? I can provide the numbers (I have an excel spreadsheet that calculates each daily population). Thanks!

Yrkidding:
The population of The Lancerian Empire is 67 million.
Slight change: New population of 57.5 million and having finally figured out an area of approximately 226,000km^2, the population density of The Lancerian Empire is 254.4, slightly less than that of the UK IRL.

Xentherida:
Lord Lore:
Syrixia:
That is feasible, however. If in the real world, it would rank him about 20th in terms of population density; he would be just below Mayotte, and above Taiwan.

Also, at the start of each year, we do a population census. The rate of growth is +0.72%, meaning next year's population will be 72,770,637. This is a growth of roughly 1435 a day (almost one a minute), with the original population (72,250,000) counted at the start of 2015. If possible, could it be updated accordingly? I can provide the numbers (I have an excel spreadsheet that calculates each daily population). Thanks!
Time in TNP RP doesn't flow with the RL days and months, so increasing populations at x or y point isn't really feasible.

Nierr:
Presumably because he considers the map scale to be dumb and does what he wants.

At least, that's what I do.
In my previous RP regions, I had access to global-sized scales and could have a country the size of China. I'm keeping the tradition of RPing a strong-Reich canon. Plus, the relatively even distribution of Kannexans across the Empire somewhat mitigates any problems (urbanization is spread evenly throughout the country, with the exception of the Nordmark Province steppes), as does the recent addition of Nierr's former map-plot.

Granted, if Kannex ever suffers from a Lebensraum problem, Syrixia and Rhuvanland will be the first ones to know.

Decided that for Yeraennus' population distribution, the population should really be somewhere south of 60 million.

Changed Population to 47,217,622

Dallicania statistics:
Population of 61,000,709 (slightly larger than Italy)
Area of 167,813.28 sq.km (slightly smaller than Uruguay)
Population Density of 363.50 hab/sq.km. (slightly less dense than Belgium)
GDP/Cap (PPP) of around $43K (again like Belgium)

Trying to decide on a GDP for Yeraennus. I want to keep it average, but so little nations have an actual GDP listed that it's hard to decide. Yeraennus does have one of the better (and faster growing, due to recent restabilization) economies, so I'd rank it between Xentherida and Sadakoyama.

Last time I ran a pixel count, Ceretis/Saint Owhela was 592,276 km2 (not including territorial water or colonial holdings.) and has a population of 297,914,828 (Ceretis / Saint Owhela only.)

Ceretis:
Last time I ran a pixel count, Ceretis/Saint Owhela was 592,276 km2 (not including territorial water or colonial holdings.) and has a population of 297,914,828 (Ceretis / Saint Owhela only.)
I calculate border into territory size, and I don't couple nations with their major colonial holdings/protectorates (like Arcadia Bay, Kalinin Islands, Silvia Colony, Central Free States, etc) since large colonies, protectorates and etc often have a large degree of autonomy especially when they are so far away from their home territory.

Now that I've decided to get into RP here, I'd like to peg Sasten's population at 188,450,000. I hope this isn't too unreasonable. I'll provide exact area and population density numbers when I get back to my PC later, though I calculated them a while back with similar numbers and they didn't seem *totally* ridiculous.

A quick check of your nation's size (by 1px = 4km squared) indicates that your population density is around 305 people/square kilometer.

Got home, and GIMP counted 155,986 pixels using Lord Lore's "include the borders" method, which comes out to 623,944 km2. That puts my population density at 302.03 people per km2, roughly the same as what Yeraennus got.

Similarly, True Seblands, your area comes out to 186,161px, which equates to 744,644 km2. Assuming you're not changing your factbook's listed population (119,760,000), that would give you a population density of 160.83 people per km2.

Esplandia has a population of 27.5 million, and a land are of 133,432 kilometers square, so that makes my population density 206.1 people per square kilometer. If I did that correctly? Is that a lot or a little? I'm not sure.

Esplandia:
Esplandia has a population of 27.5 million, and a land are of 133,432 kilometers square, so that makes my population density 206.1 people per square kilometer. If I did that correctly? Is that a lot or a little? I'm not sure.
In real life, it would place you at 122nd, just above Sierra Leone. It's just below average, and even further down the list in Eras, in terms of population density.

So assuming a GDP per capita of NSD$56,000, that puts my net GDP at around 10,550 billion NSD. This may be revised downward if it proves to be a bit on the ridiculous side.

Sasten:
Got home, and GIMP counted 155,986 pixels using Lord Lore's "include the borders" method, which comes out to 623,944 km2. That puts my population density at 302.03 people per km2, roughly the same as what Yeraennus got.

Similarly, True Seblands, your area comes out to 186,161px, which equates to 744,644 km2. Assuming you're not changing your factbook's listed population (119,760,000), that would give you a population density of 160.83 people per km2.
I include the border in calculation. I don't include them at the same level as those inside the border.

In my spreadsheet I use the formula. ((X*4)+(y*2))

x being the pixels that a nation wholly owns, y being the border pixels. Because the nation is only going to be owning half of the border pixel.

Hey. I would like to update my population size to 147,790.476. That would make my pop. density 201 per kilometer. My GDP per capita would still be 62,900 and my GDP would be 9296020940400 USD.

Population: 147,790,476
Population density: 201
GDP per capita: USD 62,900
GDP: USD 9,296 trillion

I would like to update my datas according to the estimate of Lorbankian Bureau of Statistics in 2016:
Population: 11, 785, 436
GDP: 271, 065, 028, 001 dollars = 299, 064, 300, 650 Lorbankian Shilings

Lorbank:
I would like to update my datas according to the estimate of Lorbankian Bureau of Statistics in 2016:
Population: 11, 785, 436
GDP: 271, 065, 028, 001 dollars = 299, 064, 300, 650 Lorbankian Shilings
Did a city of 720,000 break off from Lorbank and fall into the ocean?

Due to a reworking of some IC economic data, I would like to change the Xentheridan GDP to a more modest $3,528,401,000,000, changing my GDP per capita to $48,836.

Back