OOC: The Rhuvish War - Escaping Rhuvanland

Piscivore

TNPer
Thanks to Syrixia for letting me do this side story.

Is anybody reading it? Dare I hope enjoying it? Criticisms, concerns, or even compliments?

Cronaal:
Was this inspired by our conversation on the... was it RMB?
More like both are inspired by my general opinion of what makes good fiction, but sure. Having that conversation got me to put by assertions into action.

Piscivore:
Cronaal:
More like both are inspired by my general opinion of what makes good fiction, but sure. Having that conversation got me to put by assertions into action.
I did like the idea of showing what these big, region-shocking events do to the people and what they thought. You... You take an extra step though.

Cronaal:
Piscivore:
Cronaal:
I did like the idea of showing what these big, region-shocking events do to the people and what they thought. You... You take an extra step though.
I hope that's a good thing... :)

Here's that conversation:
cronaal:
I cant wait for these elections, I really want to RP again.
sadakoyama:
Why not RP some of the people living day-to-day in Cronaal and how they have been affected? That's a more interesting story than what parties some queen goes to anyway.
cronaal:
sadakoyama:
Start a thread and tell individual stories of people. For example, tell the story of Bob who lived in a town near Smithworks, saw the explosion. Maybe he lost some friends, family. How he has to go to work when his people have died and other countries are squabbling over taking over his home. Maybe his best friend is trying to get him to join a resistance group and his girlfriend is begging him to leave with her--maybe to Arcadia Bay, maybe somewhere else. Talk about how he worries that radiation from the bomb spread to his town and now every ache and pain he has he fears is cancer.

There's all kinds of potential here.
cronaal:
Maybe we could start a thread which allows all people to post any citizen's views on any situation. I'm thinking of ways it could be could organised
sadakoyama:
Google "The Effects of War On a Little Girl - One Second Each Day" for more ideas

I have been working on a series called "Letters from home." It's a series of short stories from all over my nation and abroad. Basically a brief look into the lives of my citizens everyday lives, simple events, military, world travelers, expatriates, etc.

Ceretis:
I have been working on a series called "Letters from home." It's a series of short stories from all over my nation and abroad. Basically a brief look into the lives of my citizens everyday lives, simple events, military, world travelers, expatriates, etc.
Awesome, I can't wait!

Btw, to my knowledge, Rhuvishmen speak German. There may be a native language that's hardly used (ask Syrixia) but all this time we've been RPing Rhuvanland as a German-speaking nation.

Kannex:
Btw, to my knowledge, Rhuvishmen speak German. There may be a native language that's hardly used (ask Syrixia) but all this time we've been RPing Rhuvanland as a German-speaking nation.
No, I know, I've gotten lots of info from Syrixia. Thus the sausages. :) I'll be throwing in some German when they get there.

Maybe I could take this idea into a smaller scale and put as a side-story during the Exploration of Smithworks. The story of one who lived in/near Smithworks during the Mad Queen's demise.

Cronaal:
Maybe I could take this idea into a smaller scale and put as a side-story during the Exploration of Smithworks. The story of one who lived in/near Smithworks during the Mad Queen's demise.
Absolutely, go for it!

Ceretis:
O.o *Gets popcorn ready*

Soooo.... when is the next one up?
I don't know; I've been really busy at work. It's mapped out in my head, though. We'll see how much I can get on paper tonight.

Chapter Six up; had another minor character get away from me, so this one is almost twice as long as the others.

Very nice; although I don't think the military really has that much of a presence, even considering its size. We're not a police state or anything.

Syrixia:
Very nice; although I don't think the military really has that much of a presence, even considering its size. We're not a police state or anything.
Could be temporarily increased, the Great War and the Death of Eden weren't exactly light events.

Piscivore:
Syrixia:
Makes sense, I guess.
That was my intention; they are there simply in a logistics sense, and to protect the refugees. Maybe they are National Guard.
Probably, although Syrixia, having a propensity to simplify, organized all military organizations into the Army, Navy, and Air Force. For example, the Paratroopers' Brigade is in the Air Force, the Coast Guard in the Navy, and the National Guard in the Army.

Back