Resignation

Cormac

TNPer
TNP Nation
Cormactopia III
Discord
Cormac#0804
I regret to inform Delegate Eluvatar and the Regional Assembly that I must resign as Minister of Communications.

Despite the timing, this has nothing to do with last night's now quite public events in The Rejected Realms. My mother is disabled and has been ill for quite some time, and this morning it became clear that she will require more care from me in the next few weeks and possibly months. As she also does not have internet in her home, this will lead to prolonged periods of internet unavailability for me, and there's no question that I won't be able to keep up the standard of activity expected from a Minister.

I do apologize for leaving Eluvatar in the lurch like this, especially so abruptly, but it's unavoidable.

I'm really sorry to hear that Cormac. I hope everything improves and if you want to talk, you know where I am. Especially about being a carer (I've been one for longer than I'd like to say).

As someone who has spent a lot of time taking care of ailing loved ones, I can sympathize with your choice, at times I have had to severely limit online activity to care for my 98 year old Great Grandmother who raised me for several years and I wish you the best of luck in the coming months. I think I speak for a lot when I say I hope everything improves sooner rather than later and we see you returning as soon as possible.

~Lord Lore

Sorry to hear that Minister Cormac. I hope your mother feels better. Farewell! :bye:

Thank you for your candor.

One would expect it to be needless to say, and yet I say it fairly often: Our real lives are really rather more important than NationStates. Take care of your mother, and yourself.

I hope to hear from you through other means from time to time, if I might so impose.

I will endeavor to find another Minister of Communications as soon as possible.

Back