Cormac Stark quits election, Church of Satan sacked

Gradea

TNPer
In what is turning into a shitfest, the Rejected Realms Delegate election has produced another surprise: http://s8.zetaboards.com/The_RR_and_RRA/topic/8540996/5/#new

Cormac Stark has resigned citizenship in the Rejected Realms and has withdrawn from the election.

The Church of Satan has been sacked by Funkadelia from his role as the External Affairs Minister of Lazarus after he made several incendiary comments about the West Pacific on the NS forums.
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=292096&start=50

Just another day in the Realms. :P

Evidently it was a protest resignation from candidacy because he does not approve of Unibot's OOC activities, particularly against females in NS. I'm not entirely sure how withdrawing from the election and giving Unibot a big boost in support (since Gradea and inactive Crazygirl are the only other opponents) is an actual means of getting any change in TRR.

flemingovia:
Some of us are not registered on the RR boards. Care to precis the reasons given for the resignation?

He posted this:
I withdraw my challenge for Delegate of The Rejected Realms. Most of you have no idea who you are about to re-elect though, and if you did and had any moral decency at all, you would elect CrazyGirl despite her inactivity. An inactive Delegate would be better than the absolute slime, the disgusting excuse for a human being you have now.

Nonetheless, I am too "unreliable" for the FRA so Guy, et al., have decided to keep Unibot in office, knowing full well what he is. Remember that when what he is comes out: They knew and did nothing about it.

Then he described Unibot as 'pathological
Yeah, sure, Gradea would be better too actually. As annoying as Gradea is, Unibot is pathological.
'

Reasons are yet unknown but it looks like it has something to do with Unibot's reputation as a serial sexual harasser.

Putting it mildly. I am unsure of what went on behind the scenes, but...

I'll say no more. The threads on TRR's boards are public.

Gradea:
flemingovia:
Some of us are not registered on the RR boards. Care to precis the reasons given for the resignation?

He posted this:
I withdraw my challenge for Delegate of The Rejected Realms. Most of you have no idea who you are about to re-elect though, and if you did and had any moral decency at all, you would elect CrazyGirl despite her inactivity. An inactive Delegate would be better than the absolute slime, the disgusting excuse for a human being you have now.

Nonetheless, I am too "unreliable" for the FRA so Guy, et al., have decided to keep Unibot in office, knowing full well what he is. Remember that when what he is comes out: They knew and did nothing about it.

Then he described Unibot as 'pathological
Yeah, sure, Gradea would be better too actually. As annoying as Gradea is, Unibot is pathological.
'

Reasons are yet unknown but it looks like it has something to do with Unibot's reputation as a serial sexual harasser.
Oh. Melodrama.

I can visualise the scene:

melodrama.jpg

I'm fairly sure I know much of what Cormac is referring to, but it looks fairly apparent there was some kind of incident last night on IRC to provoke this move.

I have an inking what Cormac means, I do think it's not persuasive to those who don't know the story(s).

Unibot's reputation for sexual harassment of female players is fairly well-known among more experienced players. Unfortunately, the reputation is not widespread among the wider NS community, because those in the know are unable to go into specifics out of respect for the victims. In addition, there are limited places in which it is appropriate to do so.

Gracius Maximus:
Evidently it was a protest resignation from candidacy because he does not approve of Unibot's OOC activities, particularly against females in NS. I'm not entirely sure how withdrawing from the election and giving Unibot a big boost in support (since Gradea and inactive Crazygirl are the only other opponents) is an actual means of getting any change in TRR.
Actually it more had to do with a perceived apathy to the damage that Unibot has done for their foreign affairs and image due to his use of TRT. Coupled with some personal, out of proportion, and in some cases hypocritical attacks by Unibot and Church of Satan in the Campaign thread.

Unibot has withdrawn from the election. Guy has announced his candidacy. Crazygirl is now the favourite to win.

Gradea:
CG is recieving more votes at the moment however.
Gradea you might want to recheck your reporting and math skills. Because since you said that no votes have been cast or changed in TRR's Delegate election and Guy holds the lead with 66% of all first votes.

Even if you factor in the instant runoff, the grand total would be Guy 16 - Crazy Girl 8

Back