DRAFT: Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
Since TBR is now under control of a less evil region that despises the old order and has a more democratic system of government, I want to write a WA resolution repealing TBR's condemnation, as it really does not make sense anymore. However, I've never done this before and I could really use some help in figuring out how to write one of these things in the first place.
Thoughts? Help? Hamburgers? :lol:

EDIT: Sooooo, it seems GB tried to write the exact same one, but from what I've seen it isn't quite passing quorum, and the thread's decently old. I think if enough people come together and brainstorm we can draft a better resolution and keep this thread more active in order to write such a resolution in the first place.

Just because a region isn't used by the occupants doesn't mean the crimes that region committed didn't happen. Let the resolution stand, like Nazi Europe's, Macedon's and so many others.

Everyone knows the crimes committed by the old TBR government, but under the new government the region does not deserve the condemnation anymore.

New government, new start.

It's not like all of their leaders suddenly disappeared. Yes, some of the top leaders were deleted by the mods, but that doesn't mean all their government is gone.

I'm in favour of them keeping the condemnation. It's not like the badge is harming anyone.

If all of their top government wasn't gone, they'd be trying to rebuild the TBR raiding organization by now. But they're not; they've given up and are now in DEN, while TBR is now under a democratic government.

And?

The region earned its badge. I see no reason to remove it. The "democratic" government *snorts* chose to establish a government in the region in full knowledge of the Condemnation.

That would be like me punching my best friend because a serial killer killed someone in Japan.

Syrixia:
That would be like me punching my best friend because a serial killer killed someone in Japan.
In world war I the Kaiser brought the Empire of German and the Grand Duke brought the Austro-Hungarian Kingdom into the war. But at the end of the war reperations were forced upon the Republics of Germany, Hungary and Austria. These Democratic Governments did not commit the acts of war but that did not erase the punishment for them. The fact remains true throughout history the crimes of the forefathers and mothers reap retribution on the comming generations, if this was not true then there is no true punishment, if they truely wanted to make a completely fresh start then they should move to a new region but they dont want that they want to redeem a region of its past and when and if that redemtion happens then the condemnation should not be erased either but a new commendation to show the contrast of the old and the new.

A mean old man's WA commendation was repealed because of his involvement in the Lazarus coup. Using your logic, his commendation shouldn't have been repealed because even though he did a bad thing, he did many good things in the past and so it's OK.

That doesn't make sense.

A Mean Old Man's commendation was repealed because he was involved in the cultural and political subversion of a sovereign sinker region; had potentially manipulated a sovereign feeder (a treaty ally of TNP no less) and then went out of his way to suggest TEP should be thankful it hadn't been given to the NPO like Lazarus. Essentially, that sort of behaviour was against the spirit of what a Commendation should mean, thus it was repealed. Please try to keep the hyperbole to a minimum.

The region known as The Black Riders is a completely different kettle of fish. Removing that condemnation does not erase the history, or the impact it had on gameplay. Please do not try and use the logic that democracy automatically means "good", it really doesn't. That condemnation is part of the regions history, and as long as this "democratic government" wants to try and "govern" the region, they'll have to deal with that and the consequences of that.

I do not support revisionist attempts to whitewash the history of one of the most prominent raider groups of all time - their fall from grace was spectacular, and should serve as a reminder to what happens to people who associate with players like Frak. I only wish a certain other person who takes Frak's word for "Gospel Truth" would get the message.

Back