Wolfsea for Delegate!

Wolfsea

TNPer
TNP Nation
Dakana
Discord
Seph Wolfe
[img=800,267]http://i.imgur.com/KiGNiS2.jpg[/img]​
(Note: please play this music while reading this, it adds the necessary ambience: https://youtu.be/65Da-NuiCqM)

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening TNP!

For those of you not in the know I represent the Imperial Military Khanate of the Kingdom of Wolfsea, The North Pacific’s best-known Stratocracy. Now I know what you’re thinking “But Greg! A Stratocracy is a military-run government, that’s not a democracy!” well, yes, but we believe firmly in the North Pacific and in defending it and its principals so I declare my candidacy for Delegate.
I stand because, A, we ran out of chairs, and, B, to bring stability to the North Pacific, where we’ve had no less than two delegates in four months forced to abdicate (or whatever your preferred term is) for various reasons. I don’t propose radical changes, I don’t propose massive political upheaval but I do propose the following:

1: In the interests of Regional Security that part of citizenship induction include the Endorsement of all Security Council members.
2: That a greater emphasis be placed upon the region’s Space programs and the introduction of a North Pacific Orbital Command to better co-ordinate our efforts to explore beyond the beautiful blue matzo ball that is our planet.
3: An officially chartered North Pacific Police Force and a substantial recruitment campaign for the North Pacific Defence Force (formerly North Pacific Army).
4: Introduction of a universal code of conduct for all political parties in the North Pacific.

We also wish to introduce the following:
1: Magnificent Trouser Fridays
Every week the staff and representatives of the North Pacific Assembly must wear a magnificent pair of Trousers or a variation thereof (skirts also count if you are so inclined, men and women), with Assembly members required to wear the most outlandish, garish and outright magnificent Pantalons.

2: Beards of Office
The Beard is universally recognised as a symbol of power and wisdom, therefore all members of the assembly will be required to wear facial hair of some kind, false beards will be provided if necessary.

3: The Delegate’s Seal
We propose the Delegate’s Seal be taken literally with the installation of a member of the genus Pinniped Phocidae in a special enclosure within the Assembly building and to act as Mascot of the Region.

Now you might think I’m crazy, but to be a politician you gotta be a little crazy, and I’m nothing if not honest, I know I don’t stand a cat in hells chance with so many fine candidates on the board but the Hustings are open to all regardless of belief or ideals so I promise to uphold those things that this government stands for and more!

Peace, Democracy, Freedom… Cupcakes… Crumbly Candy Bars…

Remember a vote is like a man-bra, it’s there, you’re free to have one, deal with it.

Vote Now! Vote Often! Vote Wolfsea! Wolfsea for a better tomorrow, a more-than-average weekend and Virgo Rising bringing a passionate new energy to your love life in 2016.

Any Questions? you, at the back...

1: In the interests of Regional Security that part of citizenship induction include the Endorsement of all Security Council members.

Does that not contradict the Bill of Rights? it says....

4. No Nation of The North Pacific holding WA member status in NationStates shall be obligated to endorse any official of a government authority of the region. The right to add an endorsement or withdraw an endorsement is a sovereign right of that Nation as a WA member.

Moving on...

3: That a randomly-selected Jury of 20 Citizens be called to offer opinion on any major policy decision of the North Pacific government.

I do not see the improvement of this system over the current one where major policy decisions are debated by the whole RA. Care to educate me?

4: An officially chartered North Pacific Police Force and a substantial recruitment campaign for the North Pacific Defence Force (formerly North Pacific Army).

What would the powers be of this police force? What would it do?

5: Introduction of a universal code of conduct for all political parties in the North Pacific.

Again, more detail is needed. We already have laws in this region and TOS and moderation procedure for the forum. Why are they not sufficient? In what ways have political parties stepped out of line in the past to necessitate this new code?

1: We include the list of SC members in the induction.
2:The inclusion of the Jury gives us a better view of public opinion on policy so we can better serve the public
3: Basically it gives the admins a shiny new badge to stick in their sig
4: After the WA Cult debacle we need to ensure good conduct amongst political parties so they better serve their constituents

Also you do know that pretty much every other candidate is more competent and qualified to be Delegate than I am right?

Wolf, everyone who stands deserves to be taken seriously and asked questions.

Thank you for explaining the endorsement thing. I think I understand you now. So long as nobody if forced to endorse, we are fine and I think informing new citizens of the SC members is a fine idea.

I still do not see how the jury idea gives a better or wider view than an open debate by ALL RA members.

I am all for badges, but i do not think we admins need one.

Yes but not everyone is a member of the regional assembly, this is aimed at trying to be more inclusive to the ordinary Citizen.

Wolfsea:
Yes but not everyone is a member of the regional assembly, this is aimed at trying to be more inclusive to the ordinary Citizen.
Yes but how does creating a special jury of 20 citizens (Citizens are RA members) help expand the debate of on proposals among non-citizens.

Secondly how does the debate of non-citizens factor into RA legislation?

I feel that 20 randomly chosen citizens can give a fair representation of what public opinion against, or for, legislation would be and as I said not everybody who holds citizenship is part of the RA.

Wolfsea:
I feel that 20 randomly chosen citizens can give a fair representation of what public opinion against, or for, legislation would be and as I said not everybody who holds citizenship is part of the RA.
The definition of a citizen in TNP IS an RA member :duh:

Wolfsea:
Woah woah woah, what if the users are non-legislators and could care less about major policy? If all citizens aren't a part of the esteemed Regional Assembly, why in the world would you to expect them to willingly serve on this similar body?

Quoted from "Welcome & Orientation; Find out about TNP!" (http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6991964/1/#new)

"The first thing you should do is join the Regional Assembly or obtain Citizenship. Please note, if you apply for the Regional Assembly, you are also applying for what is basically an advanced citizenship. As a citizen, your rights are protected by the Constitution and the officials who have sworn to uphold it; a Regional Assembly member may also hold government positions, such as Delegate, Vice Delegate, a member of cabinet, justice, speaker etc. Presently all government positions require Regional Assembly membership.

If you are interested, you can sign up for Regional Assembly membership HERE. Alternatively if you would only like citizenship you can apply for that HERE. Crushing Our Enemies is the current Speaker of the Regional Assembly, so if you have any questions feel free to ask them."

Bootsie:
Wolfsea:
Woah woah woah, what if the users are non-legislators and could care less about major policy? If all citizens aren't a part of the esteemed Regional Assembly, why in the world would you to expect them to willingly serve on this similar body?
The aim of this idea is to encourage people TO care about major policy.

:duh:

Wolfsea you are quoting something that has not been updated in almost 2 years. Within the last 6 months legislative changes have made it so that Citizenship = RA Membership.

Lord Lore:
:duh:

Wolfsea you are quoting something that has not been updated in almost 2 years. Within the last 6 months legislative changes have made it so that Citizenship = RA Membership.
Fair does, putting me hands up on that one then.

Somebody should update that though, just saying.

Wolfsea:
3: That a randomly-selected Jury of 20 Citizens be called to offer opinion on any major policy decision of the North Pacific government.
How do you define major policy decisions?

Glad to see you running! :)

SillyString:
Wolfsea:
How do you define major policy decisions?

Glad to see you running! :)
We've since found this policy to be unnecessary so we will be removing it from the Manifesto

Back