Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
Post 1: Twas The Night Before Vacation

Hoo boy. April break. I'm heading to the gorgeous Virgin Islands (Both American and British thanks to a handy thing they call a PASSPORT) and I figured this would be the best time to start a blog. So why not? I'll be updating these whenever I feel like it, though don't expect pictures until next week. ;)

Still, it is good to start one of these. I watch the VlogBrothers sometimes, (You should throw them a sub, they're awesome!) and they sometimes do these videos called Thoughts From Places where they share their thoughts from, well, various places they're at; though these are not all the videos they make. :P I figure a blog would be the best way to express those thoughts from my point of view, and plus, you people would get to know me a bit better.

That said, my next post will be from beautiful St. Thomas island! Good night!

-Syrixia

Post 2: My Kingdom for a Window!

Well, I lied. We're stuck in Washington D.C. right now; here's the drill. Our plane had a window overheat so it couldn't take off. They tried to fix it and said they'd have an update by 2:15. Then they said they'd update again at 3:30. Then 4:00. Then 6:00. And then, around 7:30 PM, our flight was cancelled. We wanted to try again today...until we found out our gate was D15, and guess what plane happened to be parked there?

They luckily finished repairs on the window today and we're at our correct gate; however there may be delays. However, good news! I figured out how to post pictures while using my iPad; which I am using for NS as I have no computer on me right now, so there will be pictures sooner than expected. As far as NS is concerned, Syrixia is now rocking ~1.05 billion people, and it's civil war is over. As I want to shape Syrixia as a tropical vacation hotspot, being that it's (due to the departure of Alunya) the 3rd southernmost nation in TNP as of this blog's posting, I may use some pictures from St. Thomas that I take for pictures of some places in Syrixia.

Let me know what you think; perhaps I didn't specify (sorries) but anyone can comment on this thread! Otherwise, this thread would be rather boring, wouldn't it?

-Syrixia

As am I. I haven't been to the islands since I was 9! I barely remember anything except for a place known as Blackbeard's Castle on St. Thomas, where Blackbeard once had a base. The reason I remember it, though, is because of the "99 Steps", which is a huge stairway up the hill to the castle. The last time we went up, it was excruciatingly hard for a 9-year-old me, and then add the fact that the castle was closed when we got to the top and you have yourself a big barrel of FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-------

Post 3: Lots of Material to Work With

Well, we've arrived. Thank god. The island is even more serene than I remember, and I'm gonna have a field day when I need pictures to use for the upcoming Nasanian Regional Tour to show people what Syrixia looks like. Tell me what you guys think. Warning though, the images may be rather large depending on your screen.

image.jpg
This first one is of the lovely beach, direct from my window. One can see a cruise ship, which the Nasanians could possibly use to arrive.

image.jpg
This next one is basically the same thing, but there's a better bay view. I'm not sure whether this would be Balamb as the city is, as I've said before, the New York of the Pacific Ocean. Charlotte Amalie, where I am now, is much too small.

Perhaps this would be the city of Abujei, Syrixia's resort capital. It would make more sense, however I don't wanna make any final decisions now; as we just got here. More pictures to come, of course, and tell me what you guys think!

I must say, though, perhaps the best part about this vacation is I get to choose what I take pictures of; so the precise appearance of Syrixia is literally at my behest; something NS certainly cannot do!

-Syrixia

Post 4: A Plethora of Pictures

I'll keep this post short, since you all probably wanna look at the pictures. I've been around the islands and I must say, this is perhaps one of my favorite vacations, second only to my trip through gorgeous Italy. Nessuno, you are one lucky guy. But anyways, I should probably explain the pictures themselves.

The first one is sideways (thanks, phone!) and it is a picture of the 99 Steps. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought, though my grandmother, who can be seen if you look closely in the picture, had a bit of a harder time. When we got to the top, the Blackbeard's Castle museum, the preserved complex of a fort used by the Danish to spot ships in the harbor, was closed. So we went up there for nothing. YIPPEE!!!

The second one was taken in an alley, where we found a little sitting area with many flags hung above. I was quite stunned as to why Syrixia was not there, but they probably confused it with Finland. A common misconception. :P

The third one is a view from the boat we were taking into the town of Charlotte Amalie. I probably will use this in an RP, as it seems to be a very fine and clear picture. The town can be seen very clearly, and the majestic mountains covered in shadow provide a foreboding and thus mysterious feel, which adds to the picture's visual value.

The fourth one is relatively similar, however it was taken from my hotel's public deck and it was at nighttime. Though I will say, Charlotte Amalie at night is absolutely beautiful; something one cannot miss when vacationing in the Virgin Islands.

The fifth one, also sideways, was taken at the top of a rocky complex called "The Baths" which is slang for "The Batholithic Rocks", on the island of Virgin Gorda. The complex had many climbing spots and tunnels I had to bend down to go through, and the rocks were about the size of an average 1-floor house. Truly amazing.

The sixth one is a picture of the southeastern coast of the island from another public deck at the opposite side of the massive hotel complex. Personally, I would have liked it if there was more sunlight in the picture, but I think it looks alright. Still, a very beautiful coast.

Finally, the seventh one is a group of fishes. The story behind how they all grouped up there is kinda cool. Since the island of Virgin Gorda, where The Baths are, is in the British Virgin Islands and not the US Virgin Islands, we had to go on a chartered boat to get there; and it was a long trip. On the way, we had a breakfast of corn, blueberry and chocolate muffins, and after breakfast we had lots of leftovers. Before we got to Virgin Gorda, we stopped at a snorkeling spot to dive and explore. I can't snorkel, so I was thusly obligated to stay on the boat. The captain asked me if I could feed the fishes, which I gladly obliged to, and soon enough I was throwing muffins into the Caribbean Sea, where hordes of fishes such as the one pictured would all group up and fight over them. It was kinda cool to watch, though I was legitimately worried there would be some dead fish at the end of the whole debacle. Luckily, there weren't. :P

Well then, upon re-reading what I've written so far about five times, I have concluded that I am a terrible, horrible, no-good very bad liar and that this post is not short at all. Who cares, though? Take a look at these beautiful pictures!

I have no idea where the pictures are, lol. They're somewhere deep in my computer. I'll take a look doe.

Post 5: Reminiscing

Hoo boy. I've got a lot going on these days. While I was on vacation the work piled up, and while I didn't have much work the week I got back I have a lot of homework this weekend. I should, however, note that just because my vacation is over doesn't mean this blog is dead. I'll still post here once in a while. So, an update: my step-siblings are over at my place this weekend. (Side note, my parents got divorced and my mom remarried. You'll see references to that a lot in my posts.) There's this one, whose name is Johnny, who likes to pinch my arm in various spots and do so really viciously. For some reason he seems to call it the "Electronic Vacuum", and I don't really get that titling. However, I do understand what he's getting at, as one time I was three and I walked in on my mom and dad doing the :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: . Henceforth every couple weeks I would ask them "Why aren't you being the big groaning dinosaur?"

Man, parents are hilarious. I remember one time when I was around five or six and my mom was out on a business trip. My dad was sleeping (as he should be, it was 2 AM) and I had woken up in the middle of the night. So, I did the only thing a lonely and scared toddler like me would probably do: I went to his room and tried to wake him up so I could have a big papa bear hug. Unfortunately, when I went to his bedside and whispered "Daddy?" he sprang up like he was having a heart attack. Part of me was deathly terrified and the other part was inexplicably hysterical in laughter. He sent me to bed that night without a hug, however I still remember the event fondly. He does too, and we laugh about it.

It just goes to show, no matter its ups and downs, vacations and school days, hugs or no hugs, etc.; life is beautiful. I am glad to be enjoying it.

XD. Oh and don't worry guys, my blog isn't dead. I will still blog when interesting stuff happens. My life is very mundane outside of NS :lol:

Post 7: The Storm of the Year

Finally, something to blog about! I believe it was about a week ago or so when a huge thunderstorm swept through Connecticut. What a way to bring in summer, am I right? You usually see these, like, at least once a year. The skies start out normal, it starts raining heavily, and then the sky goes gray with clouds. Lightning becomes a common occurrence, striking every minute, and the skies go green. At this point I immediately called my friend and somehow he was playing Portal or something while I was in the dark. This was right in the middle of the Great War and for all I know, Rhuvanland coulda been enslaved by Nebula or Cronaal coulda taken over Balamb and I wouldn't have been there. :lol: Then the sky goes red. Not a dark red or a regular red, but like a lighter, salmon red. This was the worst point of the storm.

We couldn't even see out of our windows, my friend lost power, and the call broke up a few minutes later. All that lit up our house was the occasional lightning strike. We could make out what looked like a forming tornado, but luckily it didn't finish forming and disappeared back into the clouds. Then, suddenly, the power came back on. At this point it was late and most people were trying to sleep, but they probably all got woken up by the suddenly-on lights...and their TVs. We heard a ton of TVs, including ours, blare at top volume. Printers made noises as they turned on. Microwaves beeped. Part of me was slightly frustrated, and the other part was laughing profusely as the apartment building my dad lives in (where I was staying that week) had now erupted in noise. Oh well, at least we managed to buy Monty Python and the Holy Grail before the storm started. I finally watched it two days ago.

So tell me guys, what's your favorite scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail? My favorite scene is when the heroes meet (and subsequently run for their lives from) the Black Beast of Aaaaaaarrrrggghhhh. It's especially the beast's death that's hilarious, although I do give my condolences to the animator. :lol: Concerning the runner-up, IMO I can't help but think of the Killer Bunny of Caerbannog. The scene makes you think Tim the Enchanter is just a crazy old man and then suddenly the bunny goes beast mode and mutilates Sir Bors. :lol:

It's funny. You're the third person I know who hasn't seen Holy Grail and has seen the other two. And yet, Holy Grail is still the most popular and most successful one. Weird.

Anyways, remember Bigus Dickus?

I only know Bigus Dickus. I'll watch the Judean People's Front. Sounds funny XD.

Post 8: Italia

This one's for Nessuno, the luckiest dude in the world, who asked me to talk about my trip in Italy after I posted on my adventures at St. Thomas. I remember my trip to Italy very fondly. We went to Italy in 2013, for my birthday. We started in Brussels while on layover, taking some souvenirs with us such as small replicas of the famous and hilariously funny Manneken Pis, (a statue of a little boy peeing that is one of the symbols of Brussels) as well as stomachs full of Belgian waffles. We then arrived in Naples, and then moved up to what I consider to be the capital of the world, Rome; before finishing off in majestic Venice. We didn't actually stay in Naples, we went to Sorrento; a small town near Naples. However, from our hotel, you could literally see Naples, as well as Mount Vesuvius (obviously) and even Pompeii. We actually toured Pompeii and walked around the ruins of the city, however it was, IMO, quite underwhelming. I had expected more. But, it was still pretty fascinating. We got to see the plaster casts of dead victims of the Vesuvius eruption, still brilliantly preserved by Mother Nature. From Sorrento we also toured the Amalfi Coast, going from Sorrento to Positano to Praiano to Conca del Marini to Amalfi to Ravello to Maiori and finally ending in Salerno, before going all the way back to Sorrento. There were many beautiful things along the path, such as the stunning grape vineyards, the coasts, the Nativity sets along the road, the famous churches such as the one in Amalfi that fully survived a town-destroying earthquake, and, of course, the delicious tiramisu in Ravello. I loved it.

Moving on to glorious Rome, I was stunned by the beauty of the city and all it had to offer. However I had seen the Angels and Demons movie before we went to Italy, and I spent more time looking for Illuminati symbols rather than beautiful monuments. I stopped at the obelisk at one of the Piazzas, I went to the Pantheon and looked down dark holes in the sunlit center of the floor, I went to the Vatican's crypts and looked all over every point I could see, et cetera. But, I did actually see some NON-ILLUMINATI stuff. Lol. But; it didn't come without horror. While we were going to the famous Trevi Fountain, we went through an alley as a shortcut. At that moment, a man in a leather jacket with gray hair, a heavily wrinkled face, and a furious expression stormed past us, while smoking a cigarette. He scared the daylights out of me. Then, when we were at the Trevi Fountain, I saw him in the crowd, going in our direction. I was wondering if he was after us, but he may have not been. Luckily, I didn't see him again. We toured the old Roman forum, and saw the monument to Italian unification, beautifully placed on a high hill. Back at the Vatican, we went through the Vatican Museums with a tour guide, and even witnessed a speech from Pope Francis. I even got to take a picture with a Cardinal, though he spoke Italian and not English. He was able to communicate with us, however. It wowed me that I was standing next to a man who, a mere month earlier, had picked the next spiritual leader of around a billion people. I was both deathly terrified and speechless from excitement. Finally, from Rome, we took a train to Venice.

Venice was amazing, though we didn't do as much there. We began near the entrance to the city, where our hotel was, and from there we went to St. Mark's Square. The square was vibrant and beautiful, with a wonderful view of the Venetian lagoon and the Adriatic Sea. We ate a classic Italian dinner of pasta with sauce and a side of organic Italian bread, though I did accidentally have some champagne as well, mistaking it for water. We went to the island of Murano, as well; seeing the glass factories and how people did glassblowing. We saw a gallery holding dozens of expensive glass creations as well, ranging from pots to vases to bowls, et cetera. We were in Venice on April 19th, the day of my birthday, and I got a large bag of delicious apple turnovers and a gondola ride as my present, getting my other presents later, back at home in the USA. However, April 19th was the last day we were there, and that USA had to be returned to. On the way we went to Frankfurt, Germany, having a German breakfast of waffles with a side of bratwurst. I had never tried bratwurst before then, but it was actually pretty good. From there we got on the plane and went home, and that was that. I don't think I'll ever forget my vacation to Italy after all that happened. Brussels, Naples, the Amalfi Coast, Rome, the Vatican, Venice, Murano, and Frankfurt...wow!

Everyone should go to Europe sometimes. I'm an American through and through, but IMO, my country PALES in comparison to the cultural beauty of Europe. If there's one thing I learned from this, I think everyone should go to Europe at least once in their life. It's something you'll never forget.

Well, aside from the crazy debt crisis, Greece is alright, but the other Balkan countries...eeeeuuuuhhhhmmmm.....

Syrixia:
Post 8: Italia

This one's for Nessuno, the luckiest dude in the world, who asked me to talk about my trip in Italy after I posted on my adventures at St. Thomas. I remember my trip to Italy very fondly. We went to Italy in 2013, for my birthday. We started in Brussels while on layover, taking some souvenirs with us such as small replicas of the famous and hilariously funny Manneken Pis, (a statue of a little boy peeing that is one of the symbols of Brussels) as well as stomachs full of Belgian waffles. We then arrived in Naples, and then moved up to what I consider to be the capital of the world, Rome; before finishing off in majestic Venice. We didn't actually stay in Naples, we went to Sorrento; a small town near Naples. However, from our hotel, you could literally see Naples, as well as Mount Vesuvius (obviously) and even Pompeii. We actually toured Pompeii and walked around the ruins of the city, however it was, IMO, quite underwhelming. I had expected more. But, it was still pretty fascinating. We got to see the plaster casts of dead victims of the Vesuvius eruption, still brilliantly preserved by Mother Nature. From Sorrento we also toured the Amalfi Coast, going from Sorrento to Positano to Praiano to Conca del Marini to Amalfi to Ravello to Maiori and finally ending in Salerno, before going all the way back to Sorrento. There were many beautiful things along the path, such as the stunning grape vineyards, the coasts, the Nativity sets along the road, the famous churches such as the one in Amalfi that fully survived a town-destroying earthquake, and, of course, the delicious tiramisu in Ravello. I loved it.

Moving on to glorious Rome, I was stunned by the beauty of the city and all it had to offer. However I had seen the Angels and Demons movie before we went to Italy, and I spent more time looking for Illuminati symbols rather than beautiful monuments. I stopped at the obelisk at one of the Piazzas, I went to the Pantheon and looked down dark holes in the sunlit center of the floor, I went to the Vatican's crypts and looked all over every point I could see, et cetera. But, I did actually see some NON-ILLUMINATI stuff. Lol. But; it didn't come without horror. While we were going to the famous Trevi Fountain, we went through an alley as a shortcut. At that moment, a man in a leather jacket with gray hair, a heavily wrinkled face, and a furious expression stormed past us, while smoking a cigarette. He scared the daylights out of me. Then, when we were at the Trevi Fountain, I saw him in the crowd, going in our direction. I was wondering if he was after us, but he may have not been. Luckily, I didn't see him again. We toured the old Roman forum, and saw the monument to Italian unification, beautifully placed on a high hill. Back at the Vatican, we went through the Vatican Museums with a tour guide, and even witnessed a speech from Pope Francis. I even got to take a picture with a Cardinal, though he spoke Italian and not English. He was able to communicate with us, however. It wowed me that I was standing next to a man who, a mere month earlier, had picked the next spiritual leader of around a billion people. I was both deathly terrified and speechless from excitement. Finally, from Rome, we took a train to Venice.

Venice was amazing, though we didn't do as much there. We began near the entrance to the city, where our hotel was, and from there we went to St. Mark's Square. The square was vibrant and beautiful, with a wonderful view of the Venetian lagoon and the Adriatic Sea. We ate a classic Italian dinner of pasta with sauce and a side of organic Italian bread, though I did accidentally have some champagne as well, mistaking it for water. We went to the island of Murano, as well; seeing the glass factories and how people did glassblowing. We saw a gallery holding dozens of expensive glass creations as well, ranging from pots to vases to bowls, et cetera. We were in Venice on April 19th, the day of my birthday, and I got a large bag of delicious apple turnovers and a gondola ride as my present, getting my other presents later, back at home in the USA. However, April 19th was the last day we were there, and that USA had to be returned to. On the way we went to Frankfurt, Germany, having a German breakfast of waffles with a side of bratwurst. I had never tried bratwurst before then, but it was actually pretty good. From there we got on the plane and went home, and that was that. I don't think I'll ever forget my vacation to Italy after all that happened. Brussels, Naples, the Amalfi Coast, Rome, the Vatican, Venice, Murano, and Frankfurt...wow!

Everyone should go to Europe sometimes. I'm an American through and through, but IMO, my country PALES in comparison to the cultural beauty of Europe. If there's one thing I learned from this, I think everyone should go to Europe at least once in their life. It's something you'll never forget.
:cool:
Also i have been at Pompei.

Sounds like an amazing trip! I've always wanted to take the "art tour" of Italy, accompanied by someone who wants to take the "food tour."

Great Bights Mum:
Sounds like an amazing trip! I've always wanted to take the "art tour" of Italy, accompanied by someone who wants to take the "food tour."
Thanks! Though if you like American pizza, Italian pizza is very different. It stays true to the original taste of pizza. Whereas American pizza is hot and sometimes spicy, Italian pizza is sweet. "Pizza" is even Italian for "Pie".

Post 9: Ask Me Anything

How could I not resist? First the Cabinet AMAs and now Stelo's AMA! I love these! So now it's my turn. Ask me anything! You have until next Wednesday!

PS: Oh, and if you ask me Monty Python-related questions you get a free dead dog with every question. Ask me bad questions and the Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrggghhh will eat you.

Back