Unrestricted Regional Travel

Ladies and Gentleman of the Regional Assembly, I'd like to propose an addition to the legal code. Below I have outlined a proposal for an addition to the legal code. My proposal will ensure the free flow of citizens, capital, and trade throughout the region. This bill will also strengthen the ties of the region and help to ensure a stronger region. Please read below my proposal of Unrestricted travel throughout the region.

Legal Code Chapter 6, Section 6.9 Regional Travel
53. All citizens of Nations within The North Pacific Region have the right to freely travel from one Nation to another. Without penalty or fee.
54. Citizens are required to have a standard issue North Pacific travel Visa.
55. The travel VISA shall be issued by the North Pacific Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
56. All or some travel may be restricted during a time of Emergency as outlined by Amendment 11 of the Bill of Rights.
57. All or some travel may be restricted during a time of Emergency as outlined in Section 6.8 of the legal code.
58. All nations of The North Pacific must allow full unrestricted travel by all citizens with a proper travel Visa. Each nation retains the right to restrict travel for a period of up to 30 days in a time of Emergency or Disease outbreak.

It is good to see you interested in the Legislature of TNP, pjustice13.
I am not sure what the necessity of this bill is, though; in fact, I think it is in violation of Clause 1 of the Bill of Rights, but I'll have to look it over when I get to my desktop.

After looking this over, in my opinion, the majority of this bill is in violation of the Bill of Rights, Clause 1, which states that all TNP nations are sovereign.
I would have to vote against this legislation if it went to vote. And, if it passed, I would put in a RFR to the court.

RPI:
After looking this over, in my opinion, the majority of this bill is in violation of the Bill of Rights, Clause 1, which states that all TNP nations are sovereign.
I would have to vote against this legislation if it went to vote. And, if it passed, I would put in a RFR to the court.
I believe you are correct about the violation of Bill of Rights, Clause 1.

I'd like to withdraw this proposal.

This seems to be an IC proposal. Remember when it comes down to it. The Consitution, Bill of Rights, and Legal Code are largely OOC. It's meant to affect the player not the actual nation. Even the first article of the Bill of Rights is more about the player's right to freely choose their ability to be in the WA, or to answer issues how they want without worry and not actually about the nation itself.

Back