REAL LIFE REQUEST - Help needed for baby twins

Elegarth

TNPer
-
TNP Nation
North_Elegarth
Discord
Elegarth#8848
A few months ago, one of Pacifican senators, Laws and Bylaws (also known as LAB or Paul) discovered he and his wife had issues to have kids. So they made a lot of sacrifices and got themselves an InVitro fertilization and she was then pregnant with twins, which was probably the happier moment of their lifes.

On 12th of March, the boys were borh, 4 and a little bit months earlier, and with the obvious health complications this brings.

Here is a brief of the current status of the babies:

March 12th
Ezekiel Quinn (horizontal) was born at 1:49 AM 12 March 2015. He weighed 1 lb 13 oz. Noel Marcus (vertical) was born at 1:50 AM 12 March 2015. He weighed 1 lb 10 oz.

March 13th
Brain ultrasound shows some cranial bleeding for Ezekiel. While it isn't currently super horrible, it's not a good thing either.
Ezekiel has some bruising, which while not severe is a risk for some other jaundice-related symptoms. It seems to be healing.
Both have PDA (http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/pda) but it should be OK for the next couple of days. It needs to resolve though. And soon.

March 14th
Ezekiel Quinn has a small (not disparaging his diminutive self) pulmonary hemorrhage. The normal solution would be ibuprofen to help with the clotting, but because he has cranial hemorrhaging, that could compound his problems.
It seems to have stabilized a little as I write this, and he's getting a blood plasma injection. Unfortunately his blood pressure is also kinda high, which gives the doc some additional concern.
It'd be great if Ezekiel would just stop giving us all a heart attack.
Ezekiel, I'm looking at you. Don't make me come over there.

March 15th
Ezekiel is 'stable' at the moment (minimal adjustments needed to oxygen and IVs), but has displayed indications of seizures. He's on a head monitor at the moment and has had some spikes indicative of some seizure activity.
We are just sitting here watching him and hoping/praying things are ok.
Tomorrow, a neurologist will review the head monitor reports and provide more insight on his condition. He will also have a new brain ultrasound to establish whether the the bleeding has stopped or not.
Doctor asked us to start thinking about what point to either tell the staff to proceed at all costs or pull the plug. While we aren't at the point where that decision had to be made, he wanted us to prepare for that. Still not sure what to make of that - we are already emotionally compromised and this is just that much more to deal with.

March 16th
Noel is doing great so far, no major concerns. Minor infection signs but already being treated.
Ezekiel is still critical. He's having seizures still, and now has lactic acid buildup which indicates his organs are having trouble keeping up. The doctors are saying his tiny body probably can't handle issues with any more organs.
The social worker is asking us to consider whether we want a cremation or burial if something happens. We aren't ready for this

They are in dire need or your help. This is not a joke nore a scam. I have been supporting LaB through the internet, which isn't much, and they need both your support and some assistance.

If you can find in your heart the small part that will drive you to help them, please do so here:

[url]http://www.gofundme.com/teambabydj[/url]

ANY little bit you can add will help, and I'm sure Paul and his wife Sarah will be ever grateful. I'll keep praying.

Thanks Comrades.

Poor Ezekiel! Hopefully he gets better. While I can't donate I wish I could.

Sorry to hear this. My family has had quite a problem with pre-mes as well. I have two cousins that were both born in a similar situation but my aunt and uncle were in Germany at the time cuz my Uncle was stationed at a base in western Germany at the time. And their next child was born a good month and a half early.

I would donate a little, but at the current time all my money is going to my family's own health problems, so my funds are quite limited.

AN update
Ezekiel's cranial ultrasound was reaccomplished this morning with a video component (for the neurologist's benefit). They told us the bleeding is marginally worse. When we got back into the NICU to see him this evening they also said his seizures have stopped but there is also negligible brain activity at this point. It's unclear for now if that's due to medication or the acute brain injury he has. His left hemisphere is completely unresponsive and the right hemisphere needs stimulation before activity starts to register.
The lactic acid buildup has slowed but there is still high volume he's got to metabolize.
Things are not very pretty right now. While Noel responds to interaction (kicking, moving his hands, trying to suck on the nurse's gloves), Ezekiel does nothing when we speak or touch him.
Ugh. All the feels. So hard to adult.

Back