-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
I have composed new badges to consider replacing the aged array we have here.

To test them out, I've put up a test topic that sees each one[note]I only used one of the badges for those where I made variants.[/note] used.

Constructive criticism and other comments are solicited.

The green on RP mods and deputy ministers is nearly invisible.

I'm not sure about the font. It's harder to read than the current set.

SillyString:
The green on RP mods and deputy ministers is nearly invisible.
You're right. There are three courses of action I see: using an alternate color for those, like I did for the NPA badge; putting a thin outline of some kind around the stars like I did for the Citizen badge; or recoloring all the groups to have a meaningful spectrum of some kind for each category of group, which contrasts well against both our forum background and the badge background.
SillyString:
I'm not sure about the font. It's harder to read than the current set.
The prime criterion used for selecting "Dense" as the font for this was for it to be able to fit sizeable text (i.e. "Role Play Moderator") in a badge. Is that a sensible criterion do you think? Could I find another font which is both narrow and legible? To be honest, "Dense" looks quite legible to me, so I might not be the right person to look for a replacement font.

The full set image links to the SVG image, which I also have locally: I can try suggested fonts which look good to me, and anyone can download the SVG and try replacing the font with various alternatives themselves.

Edit: I took "Dense" from here.

For the following badges, the star colour is such that I can't quite make out the edges: Role Play Moderator (three stars), Role Play Moderator (four stars), Security Councillor, Diplomat, Deputy Minister, Former Resident, Resident, Citizen, Deputy Speaker.

Otherwise I think they're great!

I like them Eluvatar:) Maybe for the Diplomat, Deputy Minister, and both Role Play Moderator badges you could line the stars with a black line to to better distinguish the edges. And make the Deputy Speaker badge a tiny bit darker.

I like the Standard Sans set better. Some suggestions - change Temp. Hearing Officer to just Hearing Officer, Make Special Prosecutor a bit longer/bigger, and change Security Councillor to just Security Council.

I prefer the second set on readability. I think admin/delegate as 6 stars, then next level as 5 is fine. Why can't admin be pink again? >_>

Is there a deeper orange color to distinguish the citizen/resident levels more? Maybe getting darker for former citizens?
Also, when I look at the new ones compared to current, the top of the picture (seal?) is more yellow in the new ones, it's hard to see any definition there.

I like them, but I think the RP Mods should be made a bit more visible. Also, I think the new font is better and more modern. We should use it.

I sincerely hope this new system is put in place soon.

Also, WHAT HAPPENED TO "1337 D00D L0L!"?

Elu, in the ACP there is a link to the Zetaboards help topic on color names. There are various shades of orange as to the citizen resident issue.

As to the SC, they should have the same number of stars as the VD. The VD may be the chair, but the SC members are permanent, the VD is not, so I think those should be the same number of stars. Fonts I have no preference one way or the other.

Possibly think about a border for all the stars on all the badges. That would set them off better, and uniformly. Black or dark blue (even better as it is TNP) would work for me.

I'd like to try and keep the current set of overall color groups if at all possible.

I like the Standard Sans better, personally, and thank you so much for creating these for us, Eluvatar.

~ Tomb

I think it's safe to say that the new maskings:

1. Look good

2. Need to be applied, it's been way too long and they're just sitting there.

Lol. But seriously, why the wait? It takes not that long of time (eeugh) to make the whole makings thing work!

All due respect, it is able to be done now and should be done now.

Syrixia:
Lol. But seriously, why the wait? It takes not that long of time (eeugh) to make the whole makings thing work!

Lol, but seriously, why the rush? A decision that impacts literally every user might be a good one to make carefully and after a long period for input.

Is it hurting you or anyone else that this hasn't been done yet?

Democratic Donkeys:
Syrixia:

A decision that impacts literally every user might be a good one to make carefully and after a long period for input.
This

Is this going to be applied soon? The Resident badge that I now has is terrible. Doesn't even have a transparent background. :P

I, too, feel that the resident badge is less than stellar currently :P
Do you plan to use the standard sans or the other font, Elu?

Bump, since I feel this thread and the inquiries from various people keep being avoided by the Administration.

Standard sans. Just have to go and fiddle with the colors a bit to try and maximize contrast, and then I'll present a new version for critique.

I'm pretty sure at this point that they're adding a year or three every time you ask :P

Don't know if this is still a thing, but can the Roleplay Moderator badge have purple stars, to match our caution text? As well, if the above is implemented, can our username color also match? The color we use is #9300C4.

If you'd rather wait and see what the other RP Mods think in regards to the recolor, that's perfectly understandable.

A little while ago I edited the images a bit. Please find the updated set in the take 2 spoiler, and in the linked test topic.

I'm reluctant to change the RP Moderator color to purple because we use various shades of purple for the judiciary.

Back