OOC: There's no Such Thing as Dragons

It's purposely short. There's not much to talk about it in it. It's just the fleet saying hi to the Klarlierters with a cover story.

Not to worry, Syrixia, I have a couple points to raise in a PM to you I'm drafting, and we can consider how to pad out the length of the post during that conversation.

(Sorry, I completely passed out as I was starting on this.)

Yes, much better, Syrixia, thank you. Apologies; I should've given more details for you to pick up on in my post. Guess I was too excited of having my nation's story's main character finally show up in person (dragon?). Glad we were able to pad it out to an acceptable length despite that.

We can plan out how to pad your next post out as we get to it, if you want. I note that, with your other current RPs, you're probably used to doing a paragraph every half-hour, which is quite a different feel than this RP. :P

Soon as Eumenor is done with his post, it'll be Bootsie's turn, then back to me again.

Darcania:
(Sorry, I completely passed out as I was starting on this.)

Yes, much better, Syrixia, thank you. Apologies; I should've given more details for you to pick up on in my post. Guess I was too excited of having my nation's story's main character finally show up in person (dragon?). Glad we were able to pad it out to an acceptable length despite that.

We can plan out how to pad your next post out as we get to it, if you want. I note that, with your other current RPs, you're probably used to doing a paragraph every half-hour, which is quite a different feel than this RP. :P

Soon as Eumenor is done with his post, it'll be Bootsie's turn, then back to me again.
Yeah. Lol. My style of RP is more oriented to shorter posts in shorter time. There are various reasons why but I'm too lazy to go over them atm.

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
I hope you don't literally mean passed out???
I'll finish my post in an hour or so hopefully. Do we know roughly how Guslantis is drawn into this?
Sorry, my family is filled with night owls and we refer to falling asleep in the middle of doing something due to sheer tiredness as "passing out".

As for Guslantis, I suppose we'll see when he posts. Perhaps he would prefer to keep us on our toes. :noangel:

Syrixia:
Yeah. Lol. My style of RP is more oriented to shorter posts in shorter time. There are various reasons why but I'm too lazy to go over them atm.
I'd say it's because your main skill in RP is sheer content. Have you seen your Factbook?

That sheer content didn't come without hard work. XD. That factbook, in its original state, took me two separate 3-hour sessions to code, and the total time throughout the months I've been working on updates is around...mmm, 4 to 5 hours? So that's 10 to 11 hours. More than the average work day, which clocks in at 8 hours.

Back-handed compliment of the year award 2015 goes to Darcania.
How was that backhanded? I don't understand how that was backhanded at all. I did not state that as an insult disguised as a compliment; I stated that as a compliment, simple as that.

Darcania:
Back-handed compliment of the year award 2015 goes to Darcania.
How was that backhanded? I don't understand how that was backhanded at all. I did not state that as an insult disguised as a compliment; I stated that as a compliment, simple as that.
No no I know, just messing XD
Your factbook is very impressive, Syrixia. In fact, he takes the same approach to writing as the empire does in warfare! That's throw men at the problem, and lots of them, only with his RPs, it's words.

Eumenorian explorer arrives in Darcania, discovers dragons, leaves, revolution in Eumenor (unrelated). War with Syrixia becomes more likely, arms race intensifies. That's what's happened from my point of view.

Syrixia, maybe you could do a flashback to why you hate Eumenor so much?

Napoleonic war but with dragons.
We would need more nations if we're actually going to attempt such a thing. After all, the Napoleonic Wars had about the same scale as WWI.

From Darcania's point of view: Fanshaw arrives, finds a dragon, everyone freaks out, dragons kick Fanshaw out. A while later, Zephyr arrives in Darcania a little before a small Syrixian fleet. Western patrol encounters the fleet, and that's where we're at.

Syrixia:
Well, Eume, we are making airships, thanks to an Imperial Edict.
I'd appreciate it if they were fairly low in number and quality - it makes sense for you to have an airforce, but I'd like to maintain considerable superiority in that area. I'm envisaging endless Syrixian economic and numerical power vs Eumenorian technological advantage. Also would you mind outlining your war plan again? I'm going to make clear when I finish my post where my weaknesses are - act on those.

Done a bit more, still more to come.

Finished. Please find the link to the map at the top.

Edit: I can't help myself. I've done a bit more. Apologies for not advancing the story a huge amount but I had to say the stuff I said.

Eumenorian explorer arrives in Darcania, discovers dragons, leaves, revolution in Eumenor (unrelated). War with Syrixia becomes more likely, arms race intensifies. That's what's happened from my point of view.

Syrixia, maybe you could do a flashback to why you hate Eumenor so much?
I actually don't know, all I know is that the Emperor wants to colonize it and make the rest of Eumenor a protectorate.

Wait! I got it! Remember the Hardish Bay RP? Eumenor could've joined Plembobria's alliance and led the opposition against Syrixia, defeating it and causing the Emperor to swear revenge.

Darcania:
Just started the process of recovering. Still terrible, but for the first time in a month or so I'm not incredibly depressed.
Retract this statement and reverse it. I am now in a worse state than last time.

Do not bother me seeking to assist or to needle me for information.

Darcania:
Darcania:
Just started the process of recovering. Still terrible, but for the first time in a month or so I'm not incredibly depressed.
Retract this statement and reverse it. I am now in a worse state than last time.

Do not bother me seeking to assist or to needle me for information.
I'm sorry for your troubles. Take care of yourself.

Back