The Blog

Benolia

TNPer
-
The Blog
How to Build a Nation

I am starting a blog! I know, I know. I made this thread a long time ago, but back then I had nothing interesting to blog about. First, I'd like to dedicate this Blog to all of those who Blogged before me. I have decided that this blog will be a comprehensive guide on how to create a nation in NationStates. I'll talk about picking a name, designing a flag, creating Factbooks, et cetera. Wish me luck...

The Blog
Picking a Name

Some Links:

Kingdom Name Generator

Serendipity: Country Name Generator

So, you want to create a country. Congrats! This short guide will give you some tips on how to pick a good name for your nation.

A good nation name will give you an impression on the feel of the country, how it is lead, what the terrain and climate is like, etc. If the country is ruled by evil goblins, pick a dark sounding name and vise versa if it is ruled by nice goblins. If it is filled with rolling green hills, or thick rainforests, pick a name that reminds you of nature. Cascadia, for example, gives you the image of cascading waterfalls and tall mountains. At least, it does to me.

You want a name that is easy to remember, and doesn't contain any weird spellings, numbers or symbols. After you have picked your nation's name, you can start thinking of a pretitle. Some examples of pretitles include:

The Republic of...
The Empire of...
Th Protectorate of...

When you first create a nation on NationStates, you will be given a list of pretitles to use. As you progress in the game, you will be able to create your own pretitle. You want to first think of what our nation's history will be, and how you want it to be ruled. If you want a Democratic government, you're probably best with Republic, Armed Republic, United States, etc. If you plan on having a psychotic dictatorship, you will want something along the lines of Dictatorship, Empire, etc.

So, you have decided on a name. Yay! Next, I will talk to you about designing a flag.

4878053797789696.png

Or you could just use Paintbrush :3 It's perhaps the most simple drawing app out there. I use it for ALL my graphics. Seals, Flags, Polandball Comics...all of them!

Syrixia:
Or you could just use Paintbrush :3 It's perhaps the most simple drawing app out there. I use it for ALL my graphics. Seals, Flags, Polandball Comics...all of them!
What is you don't have a Mac? :cry:

Cascadia:
Syrixia:
What is you don't have a Mac? :cry:
Personally I think Mac is much graphically sleeker than windows, and also has more speedy internet. This is from my experience. My Windows laptop, in comparison, has Windows 10- I definitely think Mac and its OS Yosemite are better by far.

Back