-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
To the nations of NPTO:

As the organization's first chairman, I would like to invite all member nations to Augustus Town for the organization's first meeting. I will be returning there in a few days time, as I am currently in Kalti on diplomatic business, but I hope that all can attend. The agenda for the meeting will be to write our charter, which will be an extension of the Treaty of Pigletville (2014). All representatives may request transport to Guslantis via our Thomas Air private fleet, or you may request clearance to land in the Augustus Town International Airport. Please reply with the name of the attendees so we can get them the proper clearance within NPTO HQ.

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of NPTO
Augustus Town, GU

I will be flying there as well as the Kaltian Foundation Day festivities are almost over, and I cannot wait to begin drafting the NPTO's charter.

NPTO representatives may opt to fly on the Syrixian Star, Aria Airlines's special plane for Parliament officials. Services include a full lunch; the flight will be leaving after breakfast and before dinner, so plan to have dinner in Guslantis. There will also be inflight movies; each passenger may request their own movie to watch. There is also a conference room, and more flexible and luxurious seating than all the other planes in the Aria Airlines fleet. There is free wi-fi and each seat has a touch control interface if you want to request a movie or book, food, or simply adjust your seat.

I hope to see some people on the Star and I hope to see everyone in Guslantis. Uthvaq Shanar is coming up soon after the scheduled meeting date for this treaty, so be sure to watch out for that bulletin too. Perhaps those who want to come to the celebration can fly back to Syrixia on the Star.

Regards and Peace to All,

Shaw Atlas
Deputy Chairman of NPTO
Balamb, SA

Would you like to fly a Eumenorian plane, a Thomas Air plane, or the Syrixian Star to Guslantis?

Syrixia:
I will be flying there as well as the Kaltian Foundation Day festivities are almost over, and I cannot wait to begin drafting the NPTO's charter.

NPTO representatives may opt to fly on the Syrixian Star, Aria Airlines's special plane for Parliament officials. Services include a full lunch; the flight will be leaving after breakfast and before dinner, so plan to have dinner in Guslantis. There will also be inflight movies; each passenger may request their own movie to watch. There is also a conference room, and more flexible and luxurious seating than all the other planes in the Aria Airlines fleet. There is free wi-fi and each seat has a touch control interface if you want to request a movie or book, food, or simply adjust your seat.

I hope to see some people on the Star and I hope to see everyone in Guslantis. Uthvaq Shanar is coming up soon after the scheduled meeting date for this treaty, so be sure to watch out for that bulletin too. Perhaps those who want to come to the celebration can fly back to Syrixia on the Star.

Regards and Peace to All,

Shaw Atlas
Deputy Chairman of NPTO
Balamb, SA
Thank you for attending Shaw. The ATC at Augustus Town International will be giving the Syrixian Star clearance in its skies. How many clearance tags will I need to give you for your delegates?

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
The Eumenorian delegation will be attending. There will be around 10 members of the Diplomatic Corps present.
10 clearance tags are hereby given to the Eumenorian delegates to get into the headquarters. What mode of transportation are you using? Augustus Town is privileged with having a port and an airport, so either is fine, we would just like a heads-up for clearance purposes.

Triumvirate Mob Barley shall be attending, transport will be in the form of a civilian Mark 10 'Thunderhawk' transport.

The Malvadian Chancellor Alistair Minerva, Foreign Minister Abigail Johnson, Ambassador to Guslantis Walter Granite, and our NPTO Representative Lennon Bowers will be attending and will be flying aboard the Syrixian Star. While on the discussion of airlines, the Malvadian government would like to request the Guslantians look over our application to Thomas Air. We would be willing to return aboard a Thomas Air flight afterwards if possible.

A Kaltian delegation shall be attending the meeting in Augustus Town. Transportation for them shall be provided by Aire Divi with Estate Concorde Monolit L 9.25 being utilized for the duration of the event. The current attendees will be Minerva (Kaltian Consul to Guslantis) and Issac Laux (Kaltian Minister of the State). There may be additional attendees pending the conclusion of Ms. Charles' diplomatic business in Kalti.

I look forwards to the first NPTO-meeting. Since this is the first meeting, I will be joined by our foreign minister Grete Karlsen. We will be arriving in a government Starstreaker business-jet.

Dagfinn Utstein
Tronkandalian NPTO representative

Myself and the Malvadians will be flying to Augustus Town on the Star. If anyone wants to join the flight please let me know and I will arrange for you to get clearance tickets as well.

-Shaw Atlas

Malvad:
The Malvadian Chancellor Alistair Minerva, Foreign Minister Abigail Johnson, Ambassador to Guslantis Walter Granite, and our NPTO Representative Lennon Bowers will be attending and will be flying aboard the Syrixian Star. While on the discussion of airlines, the Malvadian government would like to request the Guslantians look over our application to Thomas Air. We would be willing to return aboard a Thomas Air flight afterwards if possible.
Our apologies, the airline has been affected by the attack on our capital city. As one of Guslantis' closest allies after the Modino Maro Conference and the two Treaties of Pigletville, we'd like to personally host you on our flag carrier of Thomas Air. I will have Mrs. Percival look over your application when I see her next.

(This is where the Charter of the North Pacific Treaty Organization is being planned. The text is IC, but what happens with the charter will affect OOC)

Leah Charles, Chairwoman of NPTO walked down the streets of her home town with pride as she saw the NPTO Headquarters in the distance. She suddenly heard a ding in her ear, and she pressed the device in her ear to answer the message. It was from Alicia Burns, Spokeswoman of the GusNet, calling her to remind her of the charter meeting. "Hey Leah, it says on my records to remind you about the meeting with NPTO. Is that still a go? May I inform his royal majesty?" Alicia asked. "Yes, thank you for the reminder, Alicia. Also, please confirm with the International that all foreign flights carrying NPTO representatives do not set off the Guslant defenses. I'd hate for an aircraft to be shot down because I didn't dot my i's and cross my t's," said Leah. "Roger that. Don't get foreign representatives killed...I'll notify Kyle immediately," replied Alicia, as Leah heard her move around in her office. Leah walked up to the headquarter, and after quickly showing them her clearance badge, she proceeded to the chambers. "Also, I need transportation vehicles set up for the representatives...," Leah began before Alicia interrupted her. "All representatives will be flown in on NPTO helicopters, ma'm," Alicia said with a smile, hoping that Leah would actually see it through the phone.

(OOC: Could we postpone this until after the Uthvaq Shanar RP ends? Or possibly it could be set in the future, say late March?)

(OOC: Sure, late March it is, however, the charter is still written and put to vote on schedule.)

Balamb, Syrixia
March 22, 2014
6:07 AM (06:07)

Meanwhile, Shaw Atlas, the Deputy Chairman of NPTO, walked along the streets of Balamb. It was a brisk morning in TNP at that moment, and not nearly as many people were out and about as they were during the afternoons and evenings. It was at this time of day, Shaw surmised, would be best for a walk. And he did it daily, without cessation. This walk was different however, as he did not return to Parliament Hall and his cozy executive suite. He was off to Balamb International Airport, where the Syrixian Star, the country's executive plane, awaited him. They would then fly to Modino Maro, Malvad, to pick up Chancellor Alistair Minerva as well as whatever ambassadors or whatever-officials Malvad was bringing. Shaw did not think of that at the moment, as he was merely concerned with getting to the airport. When he finally got into the Syrixian Star he sat down on one of the nearby sofas. Then, the plane's sensors recognized he was on board. "Welcome, Mr. Atlas. Would you like your usual latte?" said the pilot over the intercom. "Yes, please." Shaw replied. Within a minute or so, a flight attendant delivered him his usual morning latte, which he began to drink. The flight to Modino Maro had begun.

Modino Maro, Malvad
March 22, 2014
7:12 AM (07:12)

Shaw stepped off the plane and radioed the Office of the Chancellor. The Syrixian Star had arrived.

Back in Augustus Town, a squadron of dark blue helicopters flew toward the Augustus Town International Airport. Each had NPTO written on the side in white text, and a white dove. The helicopters promptly landed on the airfield after given clearance, and the doors of one quickly opened. Guards in orange stepped out and a soldier held his hand out for the passenger. The woman, a young female with beautiful red hair and sunglasses stepped out, wearing an orange suit. She quickly pressed the communication device in her ear and spoke. "Leah, I'm of the Ministry of Information, not the Ministry of Foreign Affairs...," the woman said nervously. "Alicia, it's fine, just wait for the representatives," ordered Leah to Alicia. Alicia twisted a knob on her glasses, revealing them as a computer. "Computer, change mode to Flights," she said and the screen changed to show international flights. "I've found a flight of interest," said the computer in a human-like male voice. "Oh yeah, where?" she inquired. "The Syrixian Star left Balamb this morning and is now in Modino Maro," he replied. "Modino Maro, I know that place..." Alicia pondered. "Modino Maro: Location of the conference to end the war, ma'm," the computer said. "Hmm," said Alicia, still thinking.

The Malvadian delegation arrived at the airport in a large line of black SUVs. The delegation included the President, the Prime Minister, the Chancellor, the ministers of foreign affairs and defense, the MISA Director, the Ambassador to Guslantis and the NPTO Representative.

Agents stepped out of the vehicles and opened the doors for the delegation. The President led the group and walked towards Shaw Atlas. "Greetings Mr. Atlas. I am Malvad's new president, Grant Alexander. I understand the Chancellor arranged for this flight and I am very grateful that the Syrixian government was willing to accommodate us. Now, shall be take flight?"

"Sounds perfectly alright to me. Mr. Stevens, prepare for takeoff." said Shaw. Mr. Stevens, the pilot, replied, "Alright, sir. We are now en route to sunny Augustus Town, Guslantis!" At that, the doors closed automatically, and flight attendants came out with popular Malvadian meals to please the foreign delegation. A couple minutes later, the Star was airborne.

Augustus Town, Guslantis
March 22, 2014
8:32 AM (08:32)

The shimmering port of Augustus Town was now in sight. The plane was in landing position, wheels out. "Aaaaand...we've landed!" said Mr. Stevens over the intercom. "We'll be waiting here for you, Mr. Atlas, sir, for your return trip. And President Alexander, as well as the other Malvadians here; thank you for flying with us!" On that, the doors opened and the negotiation party stepped out to find NPTO helicopters across the runway. "Looks like we're definitely close to the ride to our final destination." Shaw remarked. "Let's go see where the Guslants are."

Alicia strolled toward the two delegations and shook their hands. "Welcome to Augustus Town, my name is Alicia Burns, Associate Minister of Information. You may, of course, know me better as the Spokeswoman for GusNet, Guslantis' central information center," she said to the delegates. Alicia used her glasses to scan the delegations, identifying the delegates. "Ah, yes, arriving just as predicted. You arrived on the Syrixian Star, I presume?" she asked, glancing at the Deputy Chairman. "We'll store the aircraft in one of our hangars, if that is alright with you...," Burns was interrupted, as the computer dinged. "Ah, and it looks like your host has planned a dinner in her mansion," Alicia announced. Alicia led the delegation to the nearest NPTO helicopter, and grabbed the door to close it. "I'd lead you further, but I've got to keep the other delegates on time," she said, closing the door. The NPTO helicopter took off and Alicia waved.

Minutes later, it landed on the room of the NPTO headquarters. When it did, governmental guards dressed in all dark blue approached it. Leah Charles, dressed in a match dark blue dress, welcoming her guests.
"Come, show your clearance tags to the guards and let's get to the headquarters," she said.

March 22, 2014
08:00
Tower 212191-GOV, Trishan Towers

The faint whirring of a jet engine could be heard over the normally jet free skies of Trishan Towers. The Trinnish delegation was preparing for its departure to Augustus Town.

"Morning, Triumvirate." said Flight Lieutenant Jackson, as he noticed Mob walking towards the Thunderhawk.

"I presume she's ready to fly, and all the bags are packed?" Asked Mob.

"Certainly, sir. We where just waiting for you to arrive so we can get going." Replied Flt Lt. Jackson

"Well I'm here now, lets get moving"

The whirring got louder, and the Thunderhawk rose with an elegance not normally seen from a plane of its size, and flew towards Guslandis.

Shaw showed his clearance tag and entered the large building, with the Malvadians behind him. "Wow, this is impressive! Hey, I have an idea for your construction team; why not make the main lobby public and build a room off of it containing little venues about each NPTO member nation; explaining stuff about them and selling souvenirs themed on each nation? We could also have a display in the center of the room showing each nation's NPTO representative; and we could call this room the Hall of Nations. It would be a good way for the NPTO to make money so it could directly assist member nations in financing various NPTO projects. As for the other, more private rooms, we could seal those off to those without clearance tags, and perhaps we could conduct tours in some of the rooms when meetings are not in session by manufacturing "tour-clearance" tags that would allow tourists into some rooms. Though, not all. There's always some stuff that should remain classified." Shaw was a big visionary, so it wasn't common for him to deduce such an idea. He turned to Alicia, waiting for a response.

(OOC: Sorry for the delay, I've been in Speaker's business)

Leah looked at Shaw in complete perplexion. She was the esteemed Minister of Human Services, and no one had ever gave her suggestions like this. She thought it was an excellent idea, but did want to make the Charter the focus of the meeting. "Of course, should've thought of that. Here, right this way, the Council chambers are through this hall, the meeting should begin soon," she said, leading the delegates to the chambers. "Leah, another one of your delegates are on the way," said Alicia in Leah's earpiece.

Alicia, still waiting with the helicopters by the runway, was looking for a sight of the delegate plane. "The Triumvirate and his delegation should be arriving at any time, Leah, and I'll be glad to represent Guslantis on this occasion...," she paused and then continued, "why couldn't someone from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs do this? You do realize my job is to maintain the Guslant services?..." Leah, confident in her answer, replied, "I wouldn't want anyone better to represent Guslantis. You know when the flights are coming in, and what their culture is." Both girls smiled, hoping the Charter would be complete soon.

March 22, 2014
10:00
Augustus Town

The roar of the Thunderhaw's jet engines lowered into a faint whine as they cooled after landing.
Mob Barley was first to leave the plane. Mob walked towards Alicia, smiling and awestruck with the apparent lack of planes landing on skyscrapers.

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Alec Durand, flanked by two body guards, got off his Cessna Citation X, the aircraft provided to all senior members of each Ministry in the Kingdom of Plembobria. He was wearing a business suit, dark sunglasses, and an arrogant smile. He approached Alicia. "Alec Durand, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs. You can call me Al, Alec, or Mr. Durand. Backbenchers call be 'wonderboy.'" The deputy minister said as he removed his sunglasses in a manner which many would find irritating.

"And who is this fine specimen in the incredibly loud outfit?"

Alicia turned to face the delegates approaching her. "Hello...my name is Alicia Burns, Associate Minister of Information. I'm more known for the GusNet, a national system that controls almost everything in Guslantis. If I want the power to go off in Pigletville, I can make it happen," she said with a smile. "Power off Pigletville?" asked the computer, taking her phrase as a request. "Not now," she said. Alicia looked at the Plembobrian delegate first, as his was the more shocking entrance. "Fine specimen? What am I, an animal?" Alicia approached him, looking at his eyes through her glasses. "Alicia, that is not your job," commanded Leah through the device in her ear. "If you're missing a delegate when the meeting starts, you can find him six feet under," she said, glaring still. "Now, as I was saying before Romeo interrupted me, please take your corresponding NPTO helicopter to the HQ," she continued, gesturing toward the helicopters. "Enjoy the meeting, and simul stare ac pugnare!"

"Super!" Alec responded as he replaced his sunglasses, "Also, I don't speak Syrixian." He turned on his heel and walked toward the helicopters. As he left, his guards looked at Alicia with an expression that tacitly apologized for their client's behavior.

Back