SC Admission of GBM

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
The Security Council has approved an application by Great Bights Mum to join the Security Council. The vote was 5-0 in favor.

GBM is one of TNP's most trusted and beloved nations, and was on the SC until very recently, but her membership unfortunately lapsed when she didn't log in for several weeks. I am fully in favor of admitting her again.

I too am in favour. I second this motion. If it needs to be seconding. I dunno anymore.

I move that the debate be suspended until such time as the Vice Delegate properly counts the votes within the Security Council. The Vice Delegate specified that members could vote "yes," "no," or their equivalent. I cast a vote that was clearly the equivalent of those choices, and the Vice Delegate chose to ignore my properly cast vote.

If it is not corrected, it will amount to a violation by the Vice Delegate of the responsibilities of their office, and I will be forced to seek further redress in the Regional Assembly.

Until the vote count is corrected by the Vice Delegate, I ask that this motion and debater thereon be suspended.

I support Asta's decision in admitting GBM following the S.C. vote.
GBM would be a great addition to the S.C. again.

~ Tomb

Schnauzers, please just let it go. It is tedious enough for me to have to wade through the prescribed bureaucracy before I can help the region as a SC member again. Good thing these are peaceful times.

I support this and hope it gets to vote soon. Also I agree with GBM, let it go. If you specifically did not choose one of the three choices presented for voting, then you only have yourself to blame when your own joking around costs you your vote not being counted. Asta did not force you to mess around with your vote, you choose to take the risk of messing around with your own vote.

Lord Lore, what does "Yes, no, abstain, or equivalent" mean? I used an equivalent exactly as SS permitted. Then they went ahead and discounted it anyway. SS and COE started this over a year and a halfg ago; I have been extrremely patient about it, but after that snide, condenscending post in the other RA thread a few days ago, no more.

SS will have to retract that post in full, and count my SC vote and apologize. Otherwise, this will be forced to continue in order to defend myself and my interest from their campaign of aggressive hostility and failed intimidation whicch they started during my medical leave of absence in the summer of 2013.

I will not let anything go past me from either of the two of them, in particular, any longer. If y'all want calmness, then you know what you have to get the two of them to do.

Grosseschnauzer:
Lord Lore, what does "Yes, no, abstain, or equivalent"
It was not Yes no abstain to equivalent it was "Aye, Nay, Abstain or Equivalent" but the thing is "ja" is not widely recognized by most people. And if you believe you are being persecuted then you should be trying to prove it and do everything without any vagueness and by the book and catch them. Otherwise, it just looks like you dicking around and then getting mad for not being understood while being vague.

LL, you're not helping. $50 bucks says SS knows the German word for "yes."

The VD's role is in the service of the SC. If SS believes being a stickler on form is in the best interest of the SC, that's fine. BUT. She should have dropped Schnauzers a note saying he should recast his vote in English. Failing to do so does not facilitate the smooth operations of the SC. Clearly.

I understand Schnauzers does not want to let this go. IMO, VDs come and go. Some are good; some have to come down the learning curve a bit. Often new VDs mistakenly think that "Chair" means the same thing as "Head."

I would like to point out that ja is not just the German word for yes. It has many other meanings in different languages.

I think Grosse voted "ja" expecting that SS would discount it, so he'd have a reason to cry "nonfeasance" and either take her to court or try to recall her. I will pay him no heed, and I advise others to do the same.

Crushing Our Enemies:
I would like to point out that ja is not just the German word for yes. It has many other meanings in different languages.

I think Grosse voted "ja" expecting that SS would discount it, so he'd have a reason to cry "nonfeasance" and either take her to court or try to recall her. I will pay him no heed, and I advise others to do the same.
Well, it's a good thing nobody voted "No" because that would be present active form of the Latin verb "nare" and we would all be swimming, unless we were talking about Proto-Italic languages. Personally, I would be confused by a No vote because of the aquatic reference. We must have legislation defining what language we vote in or everyone's heads will be swimming (nare), infinitively.

So, Grosse voted "Ja" instead of "Yes, No or the equivalent". Only an oaf would be confused as to the intent of "Ja", especially considering that Schauzers are German breed. I understood the intent of the "Ja" vote despite being considered a moron by others lower on the scale. (Fnord) :P

Wasn't this an episode from Monty Python? :lol:

I think it's obvious that it doesn't matter. Let's get GBM back in the SC, ya'll. I move for a vote. (And if sanc's post above can be interpreted as a motion to vote, then I second that.)

COE:
I think it's obvious that it doesn't matter.
I'll grant that one more aye, or even a nay/abstain, wouldn't affect the outcome of the vote, but to say it doesn't matter is a bit troubling. It's the principle of it. Democracy and all that..

Whether "ja" is the equivalent of "aye" in an SC vote can be validly interpreted either way. If it were to make the difference in the outcome of the vote, I think it would be worth the effort to get an authoritative opinion on which interpretation is best, or whether it is up to the sitting SC chair on a case-by-case basis.

However, in this case, it doesn't matter. I'm all about principle, but this isn't a matter of principle. It's just a petty personal problem Grosse has with the Vice Delegate. Let's carry on, shall we?

Oh, and btw COE:

COE:
I'm all about principle
That's good to know, but I'm curious why Nierr is a member of the MoC (unless I'm mistaken), when he doesn't have a nation in TNP (delete on sight as determined by NS mods, unless that's changed), which is a requirement:

Executive Staff admission requirements:
Step 1: Meet the requirements. There are only two and very simple requirements. First, you need to have a nation in The North Pacific. Second, you need to have an account registered in this forum. And that's all.
:eyebrow:

Presumably you're talking about the ministry of culture, which I am not the minister of. So I really couldn't tell you.

Also, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand: getting Mum back on the SC as quickly as possible with a minimum of procedural bullshit. Surely we aren't so dysfunctional as to prevent this from going smoothly.

COE:
Presumably you're talking about the ministry of culture, which I am not the minister of. So I really couldn't tell you.
You're right, I just double-checked. My apologies.

COE:
Also, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand: getting Mum back on the SC as quickly as possible with a minimum of procedural bullshit. Surely we aren't so dysfunctional as to prevent this from going smoothly.
Grosseschnauzer has a legitimate grievance though. But yeah, GBM should be on the SC.

Since no debate seems to be going on as to whether Gbm should be admitted, I second the move to vote.

I would like to see Gbm back in the sc.

Grosse, is your proclivity for picking fights over tedious minutiae really necessary?

I support GBM's re-admission to the SC as well and I hope we can stop delaying it over ridiculousness. And for the record, I don't think the RA is terribly likely to adopt whatever "redress" against SillyString you had in mind, Grosse, so you should perhaps just move on, grow up, and cast a clear vote next time.

This appears to have been seconded by like a dozen people at this point. Maybe the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker could bring it to vote? :P

Sorry for the delay, that is completely my fault for not checking the thread. I've been busy with the rolls and citizenship applications to check in on the proposals. This is now on the voting floor and will last five days.

Looks like it passed, but does anyone else feel a chill?

Ah, I see Grosse didn't cast a vote; that chill is the frozen winter of Grosse's disdain.

Back