[discussion] The Democratic Union

Nessuno:
Alta Italia:
Alta Italia does not plan to join the Nessunian-Syrixian-Eknorve anti-DU.
1- Not Nessunian, but Dispersi.
2- Syrixia remains in the DU, right now it's just me and Cronaal.
Isn't Bootsie trying to set something up?

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Nessuno:
Alta Italia:
SHHHHH :ph34r:
It's not a secret, and I never intended it to be. Guslantis has extended its peaceful hand to five nations we believe have the talent and willingness to form a small treaty organization based off of the Second Treaty of Pigletville. I've been discussing the details with the first five only until we get a name, at which I will set up a formal thread. It is stressed twice in the PM that the organization is a separate entity from the DU and its apparent rival and we hope to stay small scale.

Bootsie:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Nessuno:
Alta Italia:
It's not a secret, and I never intended it to be. Guslantis has extended its peaceful hand to five nations we believe have the talent and willingness to form a small treaty organization based off of the Second Treaty of Pigletville. I've been discussing the details with the first five only until we get a name, at which I will set up a formal thread. It is stressed twice in the PM that the organization is a separate entity from the DU and its apparent rival and we hope to stay small scale.
Who are the other nations?

Dangit Bootsie, ruining the surprise :(

Anyways, it depends on how big it is. But we discussed that. Anyways, I feel we should make a thread for it. Tell me how to organize it; I'll make it. I'm good at OP design.

Hopefully if enough members join we can get Scandigrad to pin it.

Nessuno:
Bootsie:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Nessuno:
Alta Italia:
Cronaal, Eumenor, Syrixia, Alta Italia, Guslantis, and Olvern. All but one being signatories of the Second Treaty of Pigletville. Eumenor and Syrixia are the only two that have responded at this point.

Bootsie:
Nessuno:
Bootsie:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Nessuno:
Alta Italia:
Cronaal, Eumenor, Syrixia, Alta Italia, Guslantis, and Olvern. All but one being signatories of the Second Treaty of Pigletville. Eumenor and Syrixia are the only two that have responded at this point.
Your intentions?

To uphold peace in the region, as exemplified in the Second Treaty of Pigletville, regardless of government structure or ideology, which seems to be a recurring theme with the Democratic Union and its apparent rival organization.

I don't know if you're referring to me actually wanting peace, or the fact that peace will never be an option in TNP, Nessuno, however I find both to be very offensive. I'm sorry that you disagree with me on this issue, but I am looking out for the interests that the entente has presented to me thus far. Cronaal does not have to decide sides, and neither does any member that is interested in my entente. That cannot be stressed enough.

Nessuno, your nation's growing militarism and evil demeanor worries me. What happened to the kind ally Syrixia once knew during the Sirus administration?

Bootsie:
I don't know if you're referring to me actually wanting peace, or the fact that peace will never be an option in TNP, Nessuno, however I find both to be very offensive. I'm sorry that you disagree with me on this issue, but I am looking out for the interests that the entente has presented to me thus far. Cronaal does not have to decide sides, and neither does any member that is interested in my entente. That cannot be stressed enough.
I'm sorry, i didn't want to offend.
Syrixia:
Nessuno, your nation's growing militarism and evil demeanor worries me. What happened to the kind ally Syrixia once knew during the Sirus administration?
Nothing has changed Syrixia, i'm always the same.

I'm withholding from any organisations at current times.
The international community violently hate the rebels and would refuse them any access to such organisations.

Nierrese support or condemnation for the rebels would entirely depend upon what Nierr would get out of either, allowing or disallowing the rebels access to organisations Nierr would be the result of that :P

For example (and I've not been following your rp, apologies) I would either - were Neirr a member of the DU and if the DU had passed resolutions to set out such - allow the Rebels to join as some kind of observer/junior member or make it clear to them that the DU expects the rebels to abide by established limits upon warfare, especially with regards to civilians, child soldiers, mines, etc etc.

Nierr:
Nierrese support or condemnation for the rebels would entirely depend upon what Nierr would get out of either, allowing or disallowing the rebels access to organisations Nierr would be the result of that :P

For example (and I've not been following your rp, apologies) I would either - were Neirr a member of the DU and if the DU had passed resolutions to set out such - allow the Rebels to join as some kind of observer/junior member or make it clear to them that the DU expects the rebels to abide by established limits upon warfare, especially with regards to civilians, child soldiers, mines, etc etc.
I can assure you, the violence was for the people of the Balle and Anchor provinces and the freedom from the corrupt Kahn family, there was no child warfare nor mines.
The rebels are formally know as The Eknorve State of Cronaal Eknorve Rebels for the People of Anchor and Balle, (The ESoCERftPoAaB/ESCERPAB)

Well then, I'm pretty sure Nierr has zero problem with you.

Cronaal:
The international community violently hate the rebels and would refuse them any access to such organisations.
The international community hate rebels, but an evil organization no.

Nessuno:
Cronaal:
Cronaal just stated that it would like to refrain from any organizations. That is Cronaal's nation sovereignty and we should respect that.

Bootsie:
Nessuno:
Cronaal:
Cronaal just stated that it would like to refrain from any organizations. That is Cronaal's nation sovereignty and we should respect that.
Of course.

*psst Cronall, come to the dark side, we have free cookies*

If that's the case, why not rename your nation to Escerpabia until the rebels are toppled?

Because successful rebellions usually don't change the name of the nation.

Bootsie:
Nessuno:
Cronaal:
Cronaal can choose not to join any organizations, but they can't really dictate to others their nations' opinions of the rebels.

I'm sorry but the Care Bears that secretly control Narnia would never allow us to join a blatantly evil organization. They are like the cute, fluffy version of the Illuminati that is secretly pulling the strings of the Narnian government.

Thank you for those vital and valuable contributions to the topic.

Alta Italia is planning to follow a path of nonalignment. However, it will not and cannot join any international organizations until its Constitution is worked out. I have President's Day break upcoming, so I might be able to tackle it then. (Then again, maybe not.)

Back