ARCHIVED: Kaltian Republic, Foundation Day

Alfred: Yes, infact our historians pointed that out too. A true testament, may I say, to our alliance.

Shaw: Now then, to business. We came here to see the party. When is the official Foundation Day celebration beginning? We want to get there first in order to have front row seats; so we can see the singing of the anthem up close.

(Current Date: 1 Iyar (February))

Solveig: "The festivities begin tomorrow, 2 Iyar, with the drumming procession from the Vorce family followed by the singing of the national anthem by Anthony and I. After that, Niyola, along with the other Patriarchs and Matriarchs, will recite a shortened version of the nation's history. Following all of that will be the football match between Aestas FC and Et Dea FC."

Anthony: "As for the rest of the evening, feel free to check out some of the street parties in Summerland or relax at the resort in preparation for tomorrow."

Niyola: "All of the festivities take place at the Dreamers Metrodome so you have nothing to worry about. The Kaltian Estate already took care of booking you and the other foreign dignitaries in suites at the stadium."

Kalti:
[Summerland Fashion District]
[Mr. Tivat and Ms. Charles have arrived in the Fashion District of the capital.]

Susabi: "So I heard that you found a cute emerald dress while browsing online. I'm fairly certain that the Galleria Della Moda will have everything that you need. It is one of the oldest fashion arcades [malls] here in Summerland and caters to high end clothing and fashion. And do not worry about the cost, my family will be more than happy to pay."

[Karma Sushi Bar & Grill]
[Mrs. Tivat has arrived with Mr. and Mrs. Hilley and their infant daughter.]

Anyret: "All of the food here is delicious and fresh from the sea. They have sushi and all manner of seafood dishes [fish, lobster, crab, shrimp]. Feel free to order whatever you want. I'm sure my brother will find a suitable restaurant to take Ms. Charles out to before they go clubbing."
Ms. Charles: Oh yes, look how cute this dress is! And look, the bottom part splits off and becomes a club dress! Ooh!

At the sushi bar and grill.

Mr. Hilley: I would like a vegetable roll, please.

Mrs. Hilley: Can I get some crab meat and butter?

After ordering, Mrs. Hilley opens Victoria's baby food.

[Galleria Della Moda]
Susabi: "Leah, I am sure that whatever dress you choose will look lovely on you. Two of my friends are greatly looking forward to meeting you tonight at the club."

[Karma Sushi Bar & Grill]
[To the waiter]
Anyret: "I'll have the Tempest role."

[To Mr. and Mrs. Hilley]
Anyret: "So have you been enjoying your time in Kalti so far? Also, are you looking forward to the festivities and football match tomorrow?"

Shaw receives a text from the Minister of Defense.

Shaw: I think we'll go and check out some street parties.

Alfred: Agreed. I always did like to walk through streets where everyone was dancing and having a good time. It's a good stress reliever.

After a few minutes of talking, the two men say their farewells and walk out to the streets of Summerland, unawares of what is happening on the other side of the region...

@Syrixia...
OOC Note: The closest resort to Summerland is thirty minutes away by car (Eden Beach Resort). The one's you and Bootsie are at are an hour away.

[To the Syrixians...]
Solveig: "Enjoy your time in Summerland tonight. We'll see you at the game tomorrow."

[To Niyola...]
Solveig: "So are you and the rest of your family ready for the festivities tomorrow?"

Niyola: "We are. Halni, who is a few years younger than me will be leading a drumming session while I'll be performing a song as is tradition. Though as curious as you are as to what we will be performing I must keep it a family secret until the game."

Solveig: "Aww... You can't give either myself or Anthony any hints?"

Niyola: "No... sorry. You'll find out soon enough."

Syrixia:
(OOC: I can safely say it's more than tomorrow. What about the game?)
OOC: Was giving Bootsie time to respond. As she hasn't I am going to spin off the remainder of the role-play between our two nations into a new thread and post the game here.

Foundation Day Festivities:
Niyola Vorce:
"Good morning Kalti! Welcome to the annual Foundation Day Football Match at the Dreamer Metrodome... this year it is between Aestas FC of Serravalle Island versus Et Dea FC of Acquaviva Island. As you know, it is tradition for the Vorce family to begin the festival processions with a drumming stint followed by a song of our families choice. This year we will be drumming The Gael to honor all members of the Kaltian Defense Forces and the Kaltian Guardian Corps. Afterwards, we will be singing The Ancestors to honor the memory of all those who came before us. As Atsah Vorce is the oldest member of the family below the Matriarch he will be leading the drumming stint while I will be performing the song."
Ancestors:
Hear my voice blowing on the breeze,
Know your fate know your history,
As I am now you one day will be,
Face your past then face your destiny,
Mmhh mhh mhh

Now you may live a different place,
Brought up and lived a different way,
But if you have our blood in your veins,
Then you will know us, know home, know who you are.
Mmhh mhh mhh

Now here you are, standing next to me,
Come take my hand, and walk with me,
If you could feel the peace in our hills and glens,
You would know in swear with all begin
and you would know who I really am
[flash=250,210]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikQXY4qnFNs[/flash] [flash=250,210]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXx0_1iwJmk[/flash]

[As the two songs come to a close, there is loud cheering from all those in attendance at the Metrodome. Premier Solveig Nightsong and Vice-Premier Stark take the stage.]

Vice-Premier Anthony Stark:
"Give it up for another rousing performance from the Vorce family!

Now, before I turn over the microphone to the Premier I just want to welcome the foreign dignitaries from Dalies, Guslantis and Syrixia."

Premier Solveig Nightsong:
"Please rise for the National Anthem, My Country 'Tis of Thee to be sung by Vice-Premier Stark and I. Afterwards, stay standing for the Estate Anthem, Tu-Bardh. Both of these anthems honor the nation and the government that has stood by the people through all the high and low's that life has thrown our way."
My Country 'Tis of Thee:
My country tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing.
Land where my fathers died!
Land of the Pilgrim's pride!
From every mountain side,
Let freedom ring!

My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love.
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture fills
Like that above.

Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song.
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.

Our father's God to, Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright
With freedom's holy light;
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King!
[flash=250,210]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKZg_ZB4SkU[/flash] [flash=250,210]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2mWMKTzUt8[/flash]

[As the anthems end, Premier Solveig Nightsong retakes the stage.]
"One last thing before the game beings... Will the Patriarchs and Matriarchs of the Founding Families please join me on stage."

[Niyola Vorce, Anyret Tivat, Aicen Kotor, Ridga Berane and Lesiones Valais join the Premier on stage.]

"As has been the tradition since time immemorial, each Patriarch and Matriarch will take turns reciting a condensed history of our glorious nation."

[Niyola, Anyret, Aicen, Ridga and Lesiones take turns reciting the condensed history. There are both cheers and boos from the crowd at various points based on where in the nation they are from. As Niyola wraps up the ending of the story, Vice-Premier Anthony Stark comes back up to the stage.]

Vice-Premier Anthony Stark:
"Thank you all for such a riveting retelling of Kaltian history. It looks like everyone here enjoyed it. But! That is not why we are all gathered here this morning. No! We are here to see Aestas FC of Serravalle Island go against Et Dea FC of Acquaviva Island... will the winner be the standing champions, Et Dea? Or will Aestas manage to unset the champions and claim the Foundation Cup? Who knows, we shall find out today!"

[Cheering erupts throughout the stadium as Premier Solveig Nightsong takes the microphone.]
"Kaltians!
Be merry!
Enjoy the game!
L'chaim!"

[As soon as Premier Solveig Nightsong yells l'chaim the entire stadium is overcome with cheering. Everyone clears the field and the teams take their sides. Once everything is ready, the game begins.]

Bootsie:
(OOC: Crap, totally forgot to post.)
OOC: No worries, I am going to move the entire role-play portion with you to a new thread so that the stuff with Ms. Charles will not clutter this one and I can bring it to an end to allow Syrixia to go do his own thing.

Right after Solveig says "L'chaim" and the game begins, Alfred turns to Shaw.

Alfred: This is spiffing!

Shaw: Indeed, sir. I do love football...

(OOC: Could we get some play info, etc. like, what's going on in the game?)

Back