SC Removal/Suspension Notifications

Discord
COE#7110
Pursuant to Legal Code chapter 5, clause 16:
16. The Vice Delegate must report any suspension or removal of a member of the Council to the Regional Assembly.
This thread shall be used to report suspensions and removals of Security Councilors from the SC.

NOTICE FROM THE SPEAKER: This thread should only be used for the reporting of and/or the discussion on the removal of Security Councillors from the Security Council pursuant to the relevant legislation. Irrelevant discussion is discouraged.

I regret to inform the RA that Kiwi is no longer a Security Council member. He has not logged onto the forum for over two weeks, and so has abandoned his government office, per the Legal Code, Chapter 4:
7. A "vacancy" in an office occurs when the holder of it resigns, is removed, or abandons it. An office is abandoned when its holder does not log onto the regional forums for two weeks without prior notice, or when an election winner or appointee fails to post the Oath of Office. Pending an election, a vacancy may be temporarily filled as provided by the Constitution, this Legal Code, or a rule adopted by the appropriate body.
As of yesterday, he has unfortunately been removed from the SC. :(

Egalotir:
What happens now? Is a new member elected to the council?
Nothing is done. There is no fixed size for the Security Council, therefore the number of members is solely determined by the number of qualified and approved members under the Regional Security Law.

It is with great dismay that I must announce that Great Bights Mum is no longer a member of the Security Council. She has not logged into the forum nor her nation since mid-December, and yesterday marks two weeks since the end of her announced absence. I have no choice but to abide by the terms of the Vacancy clause. :tb3:

Silly String:
It is with great dismay that I must announce that Great Bights Mum is no longer a member of the Security Council. She has not logged into the forum nor her nation since mid-December, and yesterday marks two weeks since the end of her announced absence. I have no choice but to abide by the terms of the Vacancy clause.
:headbang: Another one bites the dust..

A question to the Vice-Delegate: is there a reason why this thread should be placed in the Regional Assembly forum?

I believe the law requires notification to the Regional Assembly, as quoted earlier in the thread.

And this again supports my belief that the law needs amending to allow suspension as opposed to removal. No doubt l has been a factor, and the unduly strict interpretation as applied to Security Council members disserves the region.

Indeed.

The law was applied correctly as it is currently written. It is a terrible shame that GBM had to be removed. She has been an asset to the SC for a number of years now, and I hope that she will soon return back to us with full activity. I'll certainly miss her wise counsel.

Thanks. McM. :tb2:

Well, I'm back, but I'm late. At least my nation didn't CTE this time. Lets pray everyone stays healthy.

Soooo.... do I get to start all over again from scratch? JM&J, am I even supposed to post here?

I must unfortunately inform the SC that both Lord Nwahs and Alunya have vacated their spot on the Security Council, as they have not logged into the forum for over two weeks.

I regretfully inform the RA that, as Lord Byron has not logged into the forum for seventeen days, his membership in the SC has lapsed.

:(

SillyString:
I regretfully inform the RA that, as Lord Byron has not logged into the forum for seventeen days, his membership in the SC has lapsed.

:(
That is a real pity and he has not logged into his nation for seventeen days as well.

McMasterdonia has been suspended from the Security Council. As Minister of Defense, he resigned WA membership on his main nation in order to be active with the North Pacific Army. His suspension does not come as a surprise to the Chair nor the Security Council.

Unfortunately, I hereby announce the removal of McMasterdonia from the Security Council. McM's nation has ceased to exist (CTEd). As such, he will also be removed from the line of succession.

Thank you.

Myroria's nation has ceased to exist, and as such, they are hereby removed from the Security Council and the line of succession.

Plembobria has vacated their spot on the Security Council, as they have not logged into the forum for over two weeks.

Lord Ravenclaw is hereby removed from the Security Council as required by Section 5.3 § 16 of the Legal Code for voluntarily resigning from the World Assembly outside the needs of a sanctioned NPA mission.

Bootsie is hereby removed from the Security Council having lost citizenship in The North Pacific.
This removal was made in error, as citizenship is not a requirement of being a member of the Council.
However, Bootsie has not logged in to their forum account for 14 days as of 07/06/2018 and has abandoned their position on the Security Council.

16. The Vice Delegate must promptly remove members of the Council whose member nations no longer exist, voluntarily depart The North Pacific, or resign from the World Assembly outside the needs of a NPA sanctioned mission.

SillyString's nation CTE'd and therefore is removed from the Security Council and the line of succession.

(I mentioned this in the VD's desk. Putting it here for too for documentation.)

Back