Interstellar 2014

Is there anyone else as excited as I am to see the movie "Interstellar"? It comes out today (I think) in some IMAX theaters, and opens everywhere else on Friday. I will definitely be seeing it at least twice, once in IMAX and once in a regular theater, just to compare. I love Christopher Nolan's imaginative filmmaking, and I also love the McConaissance, hello true detective!!!! So what are your thoughts on how great of a movie it will be? Also you can vote for me in the upcoming election if you feel up for it.

A co-worker of mine saw it and she enjoyed it. She mentioned the theater was very crowded with a predominately 25-35-year-old male demographic. She also said the previews for coming attractions ran for over 30 minutes. (This was at a Cinemark Theater).

You've got my vote, DD.

Do you have any interest in being CJ?

No, not CJ. Yuck. ;)

I think I will be at home with a demographic like that. I'm still excited to see it even though I read some of the dialogue seems clunky. The scope of the vision is what I'm going for.

I will probably go see it later this week some time. It sure looks interesting. You have my support DD.

Are you concerned about the makeup of the court after this election? Do you believe that you could work with all of the three other candidates?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
What movie would best sum up your experiences as Justice?
Pulp fiction obviously.

"What does Democratic Donkeys look like? Does he look like a bitch? DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH??"

This has to be one of the oddest campaign threads in a long time.

But at least dd is not just muttering darkly about an oligarchy.

I have never heard of this movie, DD. Can you provide any non-spoiler information that could spark an interest in seeing it?

flemingovia:
This has to be one of the oddest campaign threads in a long time.

But at least dd is not just muttering darkly about an oligarchy.
It's DD, there's never anything conventional about him.

That said, there's usually a lot of muttering darkly....

SillyString:
I have never heard of this movie, DD. Can you provide any non-spoiler information that could spark an interest in seeing it?
Excellent question! It is about humans trying to save the species by exploring distant planets via a wormhole. One really neat thing is the physicist they consulted with, after helping create the computer imagery for the wormhole, will be publishing a paper on new wormhole insights in the journal Physics. Scientific discovery from a movie production?! Very cool. :)

Gracius Maximus:
DD, Grosse and Roman - the dream team Court.

Working harmony I am sure.
I would like to work with Falapatorius, actually. Electing Romanoffia would be a harmful decision for the region to make. I notice that new nations might be voting for him because they are unaware of his history on the bench. I do not endorse his being elected in any way.

Vote for Falapatorius!

The movie was very cool. I am still recovering from being ill (still sick basically) so I saw it at a normal digital theater. I'll probably go see it in IMAX on Veterans Day or next weekend. The visuals will make that medium well worth it.

No. I dont wanna drop $20 for some movie tix and maybe a popcorn. I can buy a whole pack of microwave popcorn for like 2.99 and a redbox rental for 1.20 a night. Economical/frugal sucka

The prices of snacks at movie theatres is unbelievable. I don't blame you for waiting for it to come out on DVD. Lots of good movies have been coming out and just need to be more choosy with which I see at the cinema. Tough economic times and all.

To be fair, cinemas dont make money off ticket prices that goes back to hollywood or the movie producers as it were. So the only way they really turn a profit is off concessions. So I do understand marking it up somewhat.

The last time we went to the movies though, a simple bottle of Dasani water was like $4-$5.00 the same bottle you can get at a grocery or convience store for like 1.50 (i think here they are priced at 1.69 to be exact) I under stand marking it up some. Make it like 2.50 or 3. But 5 is just outragous.

There's a farmer's market near me, and there's a stall there that sells kettle corn. Really really good kettle corn, in a bunch of flavors. It's amazing.

They were originally stationed in one location, but then asked to move down the street a ways... because their original location was right outside a movie theater and the theater complained that people were buying their kettle corn and sneaking it in rather than buy the theater's stuff.

At half the price and more than twice the quality... can't blame 'em.

Sneaking snacks in the movies is an artform.

You still have a farmers market going on? :( ours stop in October. If I want farm fresh stuff. There are a few orchards around we can go to. But this time theyre selling stuff from storage. Not fresh picked obviously.

Of the three I'm familiar with, one stopped around halloween, one stops at thanksgiving, and one is year-round. Obviously the year-round one doesn't so much have the fresh produce during the winter, but there's a lot of vendors there for whom that's not a problem. Kettle corn dude, pickle lady, various meat/cheese/dairy farms, baked goods, etc. It gets smaller, but there are enough people selling that it doesn't close entirely.

Sometimes, the popcorn at my local movie theatre is potentially more expensive than the tickets (usually on weekdays).

Back