The Great North Pacific Trade Agreement

Your post is enough :D

Your application is accepted, pending chair approval. If your post is not accepted by the Chair within 3 days you are automatically admitted.

mcmasterdonia:
Your post is enough :D

Your application is accepted, pending chair approval. If your post is not accepted by the Chair within 3 days you are automatically admitted.
Awesome, thanks! :yes:

Once I am accepted, how do I establish trade relations with nations in GNPTA? Do I simply ask around if they want to be my trade partners?

This relationship shows that we have agreed to trade with one another. It does not imply free trade though, so if you want a free trade agreement then you should pursue that bilaterally.

mcmasterdonia:
This relationship shows that we have agreed to trade with one another. It does not imply free trade though, so if you want a free trade agreement then you should pursue that bilaterally.
What is the difference between trading and free trading? Is it just that free trading is trading without tariffs?

Yeah. A free trade agreement normally covers other matters including labor, and who can/cannot be employed for certain jobs. This doesn't cover specifics, just a general agreement to allow trade between one another.

mcmasterdonia:
Yeah. A free trade agreement normally covers other matters including labor, and who can/cannot be employed for certain jobs. This doesn't cover specifics, just a general agreement to allow trade between one another.
Gotcha.

Both Norvalkin and Xentherida are accepted pending Chair approval.

@Cronaal- and this brings me back to what I just noticed. Eumenor is hella inactive. Maybe I should create a new GNPTA thread? So we don't, like, die?

Syrixia:
@Cronaal- and this brings me back to what I just noticed. Eumenor is hella inactive. Maybe I should create a new GNPTA thread? So we don't, like, die?
Not everything needs to be placed under your control. Yes, Eumenor has been a little inactive of late but it's no cause to make a new thread.

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Not everything needs to be placed under your control. Yes, Eumenor has been a little inactive of late but it's no cause to make a new thread.
He's been inactive for weeks. It's starting to become worrisome.

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Weeks? You jest.

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Weeks? You jest.
Maybe my sense of time is a bit distorted. :lol:

alsoplxrespondingstomypmplxplxplx

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Weeks? You jest.
Maybe my sense of time is a bit distorted. :lol:

alsoplxrespondingstomypmplxplxplx
Mine is too but it's been around the two weeks mark, I believe. No reason to panic.

If he's been logging in every day, he needs a PM to, like, do a lot of things. The investigation, the GNPTA, etc etc. What happened anyway? Why has he suddenly become inactive?

Alright. We will have to change how this is managed while Eumenor is away. I'll edit the topic whenever we need, and Syrixia and I will approve applications as joint Administrators. There is no formal legislation behind this, so a vote won't be required.

mcmasterdonia:
Alright. We will have to change how this is managed while Eumenor is away. I'll edit the topic whenever we need, and Syrixia and I will approve applications as joint Administrators. There is no formal legislation behind this, so a vote won't be required.
Or we could just make a new thread. That'd be much cleaner.

Syrixia:
mcmasterdonia:
B-But... ;-;
I object!

Syrixia:
mcmasterdonia:

There is no reason to make a new thread. This one can be edited easily and has more of the history of the alliance including old members and the early discussion. It also means that when Eumenor returns he can return to maintaining this thread.

Well then, since Eumenor is inactive, I hereby accept all applicants who were not accepted due to Eumenor's inactivity. (IE: Accepted but Eumenor did not approve.)

On behalf of Grand Duke William X of Vaastarna I, Henry Obermann, Chancellor to the Duchy, hereby humbly submit our State's application to be considered as a participant to The Great North Pacific Trade Alliance. Subject to the Alliance's provisional approval, I have delegated authority from his Ducal Majesty's Government to present our ambassador's credentials and authorise him to submit a full proposal for Alliance status.

Seeing as I was gone for a long time, and that True Sebland has taken on my past responsibilities in my absence on Aug 18 2015, I respect and recognize his right to continue to hold that position. I request to be seen as Auxiliary Officer.

Under the order of PM Chou Lietze and Sultan Sham II, i, on behalf of the Federation of Taiyochi, would like to apply for TGNPTA.

Back